Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,831 members, 7,862,731 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? (5397 Views)

Wow! I Never Knw They Hate Silent Treatment / Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? / The Silent Treatment - What You Are Saying By Not Saying Anything At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by sistawoman: 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2008
tngtech:

@sistawoman

You don't expect everyone to be like you.

No i dont. The only person i expect to be like me is my king. He understands how i am and what i am like and that is why he is my king.
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by tngtech(m): 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2008
sistawoman:

No i don't. The only person i expect to be like me is my king. He understands how i am and what i am like and that is why he is my king.

good
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by Bblak(f): 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2008
I support Silent Treatment anyday. lipsrsealed
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2008
@topic

both of them r useful,because sometimes its important in life

but anyways i go for silent treatment
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by StephenP(m): 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2008
None. To me, both are immature and they only make the tension longer than it has to be. I'd rather have let's-sit-down-and-talk.
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by HRhotness(f): 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2008
I don't use either,

I'd speak my mind, u have one chance to listen. . .  if u don't, na u sabi.

when I'm fed up, I walk!
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by nalijah07(f): 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2008
@hotness and Stephen

Are you saying you have never given or received this type of treatment??
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by HRhotness(f): 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2008
I dont know how to keep a grudge or nag. . . I dont have the patience
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by nalijah07(f): 7:46pm On Jun 17, 2008
Well sometimes the silent treatment comes about when you dont want to say the wrong thing out of anger. So you silence yourself until you calm down. It just happens that this ends up having an effect on your mate.
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by HRhotness(f): 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2008
nalijah07:

Well sometimes the silent treatment comes about when you don't want to say the wrong thing out of anger. So you silence yourself until you calm down. It just happens that this ends up having an effect on your mate.

I guess. .

but I dont know how to keep things inside, esp if I'm angry, I gotta spk out. . . if he's willing to listen we probably can come to some form of agreement.

I wont ever mention it again and I'd let it go
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by chika98: 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2008
When I don't have anything nice to say, I tend to keep my mouth shut. Works out well that way
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by HRhotness(f): 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2008
what if u dont have nice thots, u keep all that negativity inside?

i wont survive it, it eats me up from the inside. . . better for me to let it be known, helps be get over it
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by whitelexi(m): 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2008
None of the above abeg. . . I no need any drama lipsrsealed
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by chika98: 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2008
Sometimes you will say the wrong things while "letting it all out"
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2008
sometimes i just cant hold it back,if i do its like my whole body is going to tear into two,maybe its because im hot tempered
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by nalijah07(f): 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2008
@Chika

Yes exactly.

Hotness have you ever regretted saying something out of anger?
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by HRhotness(f): 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2008
@ nalijah07

I don't say things out of anger, not anymore. . .  i try to say what I feel and why i feel it. I'm very passionate so when i get angry i feel like killing someone, I figured that rather than let out angry words, its better to try and explain what i'm feeling and why. ,   helps me calm down and helps whoever to understand whats going on inside me.

If I'm angry, i say I'm angry and I say why, I don't call people names unnecessarily or attack people without proof. . . even then I try to explain why I'm upset. It doesnt always work because words can always be interpreted differently, but the idea really is to not say what I am unsure about or I'd regret it. And when i do say angry words, I have to be sure that i mean them
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by nalijah07(f): 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2008
@Hotness
Well, I'm glad you don't fly off the handle. cool
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by HRhotness(f): 9:24pm On Jun 17, 2008
nalijah07:

@Hotness
Well, I'm glad you don't fly off the handle. cool

I fly oh, but in a coded way wink cool
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 17, 2008
Naggin. . .where have I heard that before? angry
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by NegroNtns(m): 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2008
I have always said that story is the fabric of life. SILENCE is more effective. Read the tale of mother fox and mother duck, there is wisdom in it.
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by whitelexi(m): 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2008
You can express your anger without nagging or exceeding the limit - make your point and identify with it, Finish!
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 18, 2008
Eyin Nlers, ewa wo awan yeye okunri yi cool
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by tngtech(m): 8:58am On Jun 18, 2008
4Her:

Naggin. . .where have I heard that before? angry

from yourself.

because nagging is mostly woman aspect of life.
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by jintujinta(m): 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2008
BETTER BE SILENT THAN NAG. Nagging ladies end up with swollen faces!
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by tngtech(m): 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2008
jintujinta:

hehehehe grin
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by joomiegal(f): 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2008
The bible says it is better to stay on a corner of your rooftop than to live with a nagging wife(proverb 25:24), it also says somewhere else (in same provrrbs) that the words/voice of a nagging wife is like a tap going drip; drip; drip! (paraphrased).

Nagging is awful! the person just gets labelled "alatenumo iya aje" (nagger, mother of a witch) or smthin like that.
plus, i never heard of a nagging woman whose husband was ever eager to get home, or stay at home,

silent treatment? half the time it doesnt work. men n their notorious ego, it puts them on the defensive and they HATE being on the defensive!!

HR.hotness:

what if u don't have nice thoughts, u keep all that negativity inside?

i wont survive it, it eats me up from the inside. . . better for me to let it be known, helps be get over it

I totally agree with HR.hotness. wots the point-he's peacefully sleeping and i cant cos im busy stewing? no way jose. na so high B.P and gallstones dey start!

if he's the one giving me silent treatment, i'll ask him 1ce, 2ce 3ce, nicely. if he says nothing, ill ignore. when he gets tired of sulking and he's ready to talk, he'll know where to find me.

jintujinta:

wot, u be wife-beater??
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by sistawoman: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2008
jintujinta:

Sounds like you need a reservation at the local jail. I will happy to make one for you if you like.
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by tngtech(m): 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2008
sistawoman:

Sounds like you need a reservation at the local jail. I will happy to make one for you if you like.

haba
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2008
tngtech:

from yourself.

because nagging is mostly woman aspect of life.

& plz do tell, what is mostly a man's aspect of life?
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by tngtech(m): 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2008
4Her:

& plz do tell, what is mostly a man's aspect of life?

you guess.
Re: Nagging Or Silent Treatment: Which Is More Effective? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 18, 2008
tngtech:

you guess.
You'll not be able tot ake it. . .let's just say cheating is one of them cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Girl That Visited Me In My House Has Refused To Leave What Will I Do? / Serrrious Question to all females? / Lady Married Less Than A Year Lured Me To Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.