Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? (18977 Views)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / Sending Your Kids To Good Schools And Your Househelp To Lower Schools. / How Well Do You Know Or Trust Your Househelp(s)/nanny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Theblessed(f): 4:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
[b][size=16pt]You want to know, eh?

If you don't know it by now - be aware that Nigerians are the worst SLAVE MASTERS to waste your precious child's life on.

We take it that you love your children - don't you?

If so my advice is, no matter the degree of strife/stagnation causing poverty in your life - please and please never exchange your parental responsibility for your child on a Nigerian Slave Master - they are not good at treating a child that's not theirs same way they would with their own children.

We all know the story of a wicked step-mother - that's even better than how most Nigerians would treat their Househelp/Servants so, if you want your child to be treated that way - go ahead and pawn them to a Nigerian Slave Master.

They find it difficulty treating other people's child same way as their own - so don't do it - let every man wipe his/her own bum.

No, boy, boy, ok! I hate it!!

The thought of a vulnerable and helpless child being subjected to series of abuses in their masters home, boils my blood. Just because they come from a lower class in society than yourself, is it the reason you should treat them they way you wouldn't like to be treated - imagine your own child be treated that way, would you approve?

I was once a victim of this evil - my experience will be with me forever as a result, anywhere I hear of boy, boy, I will be there like a flash of light campaigning against it. For me, people should wipe their own bums and realize how tough, it is, period.

That way we can all begin to respect each other (another human being) no matter our levels in society.

Let people serve themselves, wash their own clothes, cook their own meals, do their own school runs etc. Let them serve themselves until they learn how to treat a fellow human being with a human face. angry
[/size][/b]

1 Like

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
It pisses me off when we have the ugly ones, I won't vex cos I no she won't last in our house. But anytime momsi brings in the beutiful ones. I can kill for that.at a point I started washing our plates and her cloths for her, her hips na die. When she traveled to calabar for Christmas and didn't comeback again, I almost killed my self.she is so beautiful that I wonder how manage she decides to be house help. Since she left I've being unlucky with the ugly ones for years now. Inshort our dogs hate their uglyness too. We don't do children , we only do from 19-25 on a monthly 30K salary. To me momsi treats them like her own daughter cos she cracks jokes with them. My parents hardly spend time with them cos from Monday-Friday they come back late after island traffic.and the girls always have time to do whatever cos momsi only enters the kitchen twice a month.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by otunbashonny(m): 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
Like dis

1 Like

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by beejaay: 4:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
googlepikin: It pisses me off when we have the ugly ones, I won't vex cos I no she won't last in our house. But anytime momsi brings in the beutiful ones. I can kill for that.at a point I started washing our plates and her cloths for her, her hips na die. When she traveled to calabar for Christmas and didn't comeback again, I almost killed my self.she is so beautiful that I wonder how manage she decides to be house help. Since she left I've being unlucky with the ugly ones for years now. Inshort our dogs hate their uglyness.

so u and ur famil.y are one of the slave/maid hawkers... the Gods will soon catch u and ur household (u are even happy stating how mama change them like cloth)... one day one of una go do boiboi also...imagine the arrant nonsense(i wish i knw u personally, i will personally come to ur house late night and cut off the hand of every member of ur famil.y since its nt useful for u)
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Boll2010: 4:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
googlepikin: It pisses me off when we have the ugly ones, I won't vex cos I no she won't last in our house. But anytime momsi brings in the beutiful ones. I can kill for that.at a point I started washing our plates and her cloths for her, her hips na die. When she traveled to calabar for Christmas and didn't comeback again, I almost killed my self.she is so beautiful that I wonder how manage she decides to be house help. Since she left I've being unlucky with the ugly ones for years now. Inshort our dogs hate their uglyness.
ahahhaha I wld v wrap up a piLlow to her face n kill her she's sleepn#uglies........kill as much as dey stop bring ugly bitch to my auz# its always fun seein ur househelp bendin down to sweep n u get HARD b4 madam wake up#mouthaction tnz free!! grin
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Pataki: 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
I totally hate the concept of house helps or house maids. It is plainly wrong and evil especially within the Nigerian context.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by captainhenx(m): 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
Asemo11: ur username that's how people like u reason

JUST WAT WAS ON MY MIND.. SMH
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Boll2010: 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
beejaay:

so u and ur famil.y are one of the slave/maid hawkers... the Gods will soon catch u and ur household (u are even happy stating how mama change them like cloth)... one day one of una go do boiboi also...imagine the arrant nonsense(i wish i knw u personally, i will personally come to ur house late night and cut off the hand of every member of ur famil.y since its nt useful for u)
oga smal smal na ur sister dem tak do auz hlp or ur niece, wetin do u! No b hlp dem do d gal......dis househelp u seein wants d oga to Bleep dem sef so dey can bcome a full wife hereby relived of duties.....dey dia while dey mak ur SISTA dia nxt houshelp no go work to cater 4 ur lineage#murafaka#no offence.....grin
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
beejaay:

momsi have never for 1 day touch any of them before, cos her strategy is show them love and they will show my younger ones love too when she is not around.even when my younger ones complains to her about being shouted at, she won't tell the girl cos that's to expose my younger ones to more danger when they come back from school. As for the reason why dey leave, my estate is too quite for them to stay. As for me I learned a lot from them( cooking).how I wish we can really arrange to meet so that I can slice your head off. Goathead
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by IlCapitano(m): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
Boll2010: oga smal smal na ur sister dem tak do auz hlp or ur niece, wetin do u! No b hlp dem do d gal......dis househelp u seein wants d oga to Bleep dem sef so dey can bcome a full wife hereby relived of duties.....dey dia while dey mak ur SISTA dia nxt houshelp no go work to cater 4 ur lineage#murafaka#no offence.....grin
What is your actual problem? You clearly possess a gnarled thought process. You've been spouting rubbish for a while now . I'd have ignored you but silence is golden and it's anything but wise to thrust pearls before pigs. The fact that a person i.e the house-help is less privileged doesn't make him/her less human. When did house-helps become panaceas for raging libidos?
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
Then,she didn't want to go to d hospital,so she said i should treat her on her bed.I told her i was not a qualified doctor,but she insisted.She undressed and she brought out my PENISilin injection,she told me to inject her.I inject her d 1st tym she said *it hasn't entered well*.I told her again i was not qualified,but she stil insist i give her PENISilin injection.With all aggressiveness,i did it harder d second time and she shouted *YES,right there*.Anytime she was sick,she always kum to me 4 penisilin injection...!But 2day Ekaette is happily married to a more qualified doctor with two kids.Am happy 4 her.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by armyofone(m): 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
Theblessed: [size=16pt]
If so my advice is, no matter the degree of strife/stagnation causing poverty in your life - please and please never exchange your parental responsibility for your child on a Nigerian Slave Master - they are not good at treating a child that's not theirs same way they would with their own children. Let people serve themselves, wash their own clothes, cook their own meals, do their own school runs etc. Let them serve themselves until they learn how to treat a fellow human being with a human face. angry
[/size]

I so much hate the idea also. I grew up in a family of DIY.
Nigerian should stop using little kids. If you must use someone, get a professional help.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Boll2010: 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
Il Capitano: What is your actual problem? You clearly possess a gnarled thought process. You've been spouting rubbish for a while now . I'd have ignored you but silence is golden and it's anything but wise to thrust pearls before pigs. The fact that a person i.e the house-help is less privileged doesn't make him/her less human. When did house-helps become panaceas for raging libidos?
man wats wrong wit u! Na ur sista dem tak do househlp.......only if u read my post we'll u wil read whr I wrote d househlps demsef want dem bleeped to sneak into d family!.........so if ur sorry ass aint carefull ur whole FAM! Myt end up wit d dishes yo dig?

N d ladies amidst dem relive my lil bro on dia bed#bakOff
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by armyofone(m): 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
Most are just plain lazy or doing thick madam. Little kids to help them do dish? How many food do you eat?

Pataki: I totally hate the concept of house helps or house maids. It is plainly wrong and evil especially within the Nigerian context.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2013
Il Capitano: What is your actual problem? You clearly possess a gnarled thought process. You've been spouting rubbish for a while now . I'd have ignored you but silence is golden and it's anything but wise to thrust pearls before pigs. The fact that a person i.e the house-help is less privileged doesn't make him/her less human. When did house-helps become panaceas for raging libidos?
shut upp monkey they are human being too like ur sisters, cos dey are house helps does that mean they shouldn't have fun with who they like. As I said we don't employ under 18. Cos they can't go to market and still comeback to take care of my younger ones when they come back from school. As for those girls here that have jobs shouting why will someone employ a house girl, wait until you get married and have maybe 2kids in nursery and primary school. You will know how important it is to have a house help and treat them well so that they will also do same to your kids when you are at work. Unless you want to take them to work everyday. As for dis jobless goat you are already a house husband so you don't need househelps.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
The way a person treats their domestic staff today is mostly a reflection of the way way they noticed their parents treat them when they were younger.
I for one saw my mom treat our help quite well. During the Xmas holidays, you won't even know which child is hers considering we all wore the same cloth designs to church. The only thing I noticed is the fact that our domestic never ate at the dining table. But then again, until I was much older, neither did we kids. And the domestic was also able to sit in the palour with us and watch tv.
It is absolutely disheartening to see the way some people treat their domestic staff - the floggings (with cane, pestle, wire, even an electric iron!) . its unbelievable.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by IlCapitano(m): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
Boll2010: man wats wrong wit u! Na ur sista dem tak do househlp.......only if u read my post we'll u wil read whr I wrote d househlps demsef want dem bleeped to sneak into d family!.........so if ur sorry ass aint carefull ur whole FAM! Myt end up wit d dishes yo dig?

N d ladies amidst dem relive my lil bro on dia bed#bakOff
There's something called empathy. I do not need to be affected by a vice before I speak out against it. So each and every househelp out there wants to be bonked by some lecherous humans cos that's a surefire way of getting into the family? Your logic is holey. Blessed art thou amongst retards.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by IlCapitano(m): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
googlepikin: shut upp monkey they are human being too like ur sisters, cos dey are house helps does that mean they shouldn't have fun with who they like. As I said we don't employ under 18. Cos they can't go to market and still comeback to take care of my younger ones when they come back from school. As for those girls here that have jobs shouting why will someone employ a house girl, wait until you get married and have maybe 2kids in nursery and primary school. You will know how important it is to have a house help and treat them well so that they will also do same to your kids when you are at work. Unless you want to take them to work everyday. As for dis jobless goat you are already a house husband so you don't need househelps.
This is one reason why Internet access should be restricted in zoos. Have you had your fill of bananas today? Who ever told you I was married btw?
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by youngchopper(m): 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
greatgod2012: The question that always come to my mind each time maid matters are raised is " Are these set of people not human beings? Are they created by a God different from the one who created us? Are they not born the way we are born? Are they not conceived the way we are conceived?
Why now is all these differences in their treatment?
As far as I'm concerned, I don't even like using the name maid, they have their names ke, abi? Some people even go to the extent of not addressing them by their names, that is very bad.

Anyone that has a maid or more should be able to treat them the way they would want their children treated.
Anyone who doesn't treat their maids with respect is inviting the wrath of God their creator on themselves.
And above all, whatever we sow is what we are going to reap, but the unfortunate part is that our kids also reap part of these things. So we need to be careful.
May God help us all.
talk is cheap
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
lol when i read this thread i dont feel bad about how whites treated blacks during slavery.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
vivacious vivi: The way a person treats their domestic staff today is mostly a reflection of the way way they noticed their parents treat them when they were younger.
I for one saw my mom treat our help quite well. During the Xmas holidays, you won't even know which child is hers considering we all wore the same cloth designs to church. The only thing I noticed is the fact that our domestic never ate at the dining table. But then again, until I was much older, neither did we kids. And the domestic was also able to sit in the palour with us and watch tv.
It is absolutely disheartening to see the way some people treat their domestic staff - the floggings (with cane, pestle, wire, even an electric iron!) . its unbelievable.
exactly, ours don't go home with us cos dey want to go have fun in their own town, cos they are adults.having a maid its not bad but flogging and being wicked to them is evil.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by tomsonlampard: 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
It's women that usually have this kind of wahala, they're d one that shouts and maltreat dese maids, men don't have problem with dem at all. It's d way they're been treated makes someone tinks they have evil intentions.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Sike(m): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
We don't have maid.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Rossikk(m): 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
tomsonlampard: It's women that usually have this kind of wahala, they're d one that shouts and maltreat dese maids, men don't have problem with dem at all. It's d way they're been treated makes someone tinks they have evil intentions.

You are right. I've never seen a man who abuses the househelp. It's a woman thing. Question is, why are our women so vicious? I'll put it down to lack of education and exposure.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by 2CatWoman: 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
So having sex with the househelp is not abuse?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2013
I really need a maid!
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by adconline(m): 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2013
And we go to church on Sunday and act with all righteousness
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by adconline(m): 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
Jessigurl: in the first place, i'd never go for a househelp no matter wht. i'd rather live with my niece or nephew, while he/she helps me look after my kids, he/she would stil be schooling.
majority of maids of these days are agents of satan, they com in human form to destroy a family. they iniciate ur children in ur absence and most tyms the put the family in crisis.
if my husband insists we bring one, i'd still treat him/her d same way i treat my own kids cos he/she is human. shikinah!!!
Warped Naija mentality... Only maids are possessed and agents of satan, while your kids are God's children... Next time, you fabricate a story and lynch them, claiming that they are possessed.what's a Naija stay at home mom doing with maids? Laziness I think!
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by touchmeder: 10:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
If you notice most people on this thread seem to imply house girl and sex on the one hand like its expected to have sex with your house help. It would appear they are joking but when one jokes you can tell their true intent sometimes or what they are capable of doing if given the opportunity. undecided

To answer the question if i ever want to get a help, i will get an elderly lady in her late 40s or early 50s. when i was younger, my aunt had someone like that and it was a fantastic relationship until the woman's demise. She took care of ALL my aunt's kids. Four of them. May God bless that lady...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by write2obi(m): 10:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
Is this same hypocritical Madams here that will still pour Hot water on their maids, the problem they(maids) always have are their Madams, some Nigerian Women are really Wicked!
ETT Madams.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! / The Moment A Man Shed Tears Of Joy As His Wife Praised Him (Video) / Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.