Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? (18976 Views)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / Sending Your Kids To Good Schools And Your Househelp To Lower Schools. / How Well Do You Know Or Trust Your Househelp(s)/nanny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by write2obi(m): 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
bol2010: U hide my post com ban me! No worries mod! Dats a talk 4 anoda day!........ Atlist d forum kips telln yall dat it got ova a millie memba wit ova thousands of same poster! I poured out my opinion n u nagged ova it........seun osewa n its mod are bloody hypicrite! Yall com here claim pastors givs dia memba rules too much dat whr is d human ryt in dos places! Y don't seun chk is ass 1st b4 telln dos pple dat,whr u restrict words! Wtf apen to freedom of xpressn! D way I xpres it aint nobdys biz!atlist yall succed in me getn new I'd n u claim u populated!whr Id's are recycled! Fuc!k d mod Bleep se!un! N fuc!k d crack skull dat banned me! U cld ban al I care# wit d way u restrict words u no more dan a NEO-COLONIST........God hlp ya! Off to d nxt section!
Am going to bed oo! I was not there
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by shindarayo(f): 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
Dis is one topic I really like.maids are wat we can refer to as necessary evil.xpecially wen ure rich and u nid dem to do ur chores.d issue of dir treatment is however a big issue dt nids to b addressed.as for me I started havn encouinters wt dem wen I started living with my inlaws.its a very big haus and we hd 2female both above 20 and a male who ws above 20 too.dis pple although nt treated as a member of d family wre treated as part of d family.dey hv dir rooms to demselves and eat wateva is served in d family,though dnt sit @ d dinning.one even went to tailoring skul and wen she finished my mother in law bought her machines for her.all dis were done because dey were useful and knew y dey re dre.to work and serve d pple dey re with and in return dey wre treated lyk human beings.but wat do u say to d one dey just employed dt alwways fils on top of d world.and tinks she's more dan d children of d haus.she is d first maid my mother in law hs ever beaten.so in essence respect is reciprocal.if I employ u and u knw ur limitatns I wld treat u well.now I stay with my huby I hv a maid and I treat her well,I clothe her well cos she cnt follow me out lukn unkempt,I ffeed her 3tyms,gv her allowances evryday(100),mk her hair twice a month,not mindn dt I still hv toi pay her 12k per month.so it depends on d maid and d boss

1 Like

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by write2obi(m): 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
beejaay:

so u and ur famil.y are one of the slave/maid hawkers... the Gods will soon catch u and ur household (u are even happy stating how mama change them like cloth)... one day one of una go do boiboi also...imagine the arrant nonsense(i wish i knw u personally, i will personally come to ur house late night and cut off the hand of every member of ur famil.y since its nt useful for u)
Keikeikei see vexing 2
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Omotolaaraujo(f): 12:08am On Sep 10, 2013
I don't know anyone with a maid. Most Nigerians are poor. If you have enough money for a maid, you should hire an adult, not children. They are supposed to be in school and behaving as children. If I had enough money for a maid, I would only have my maid come once a week. I would get off my lazy behind and cook my own dinner and clean up after my dirty self, or have my husband help me with it.

Give people a way to maintain themselves and offer them employment that improves their lives. They don't need to wait on lazy people. The poor need livestock and other essentials. Use your money for the good of the community.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 10, 2013
write2obi: Is this same hypocritical Madams here that will still pour Hot water on their maids, the problem they(maids) always have are their Madams, some Nigerian Women are really Wicked!
ETT Madams.

No be small thing oh my person.. talk is cheap.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by afamgod(f): 3:38am On Sep 10, 2013
Do they include apprentice living with u? If they do, then i'm the one being maltreated here. I don sofa 4 those boys hands.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by MostSoughtAfte(f): 6:48am On Sep 10, 2013
Boll2010: I cook 4 my maid! Wash her cloths! Tak her to skul!buy cloths bath her# sumbdy tel me y I shldnt fu!ck her grin grin am only reapn whr I sowed grin
grin
Waoh!! U cook for ur maid. She's no longer a maid bt a girlfriend if u can do all dis tins to her..
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Ivytruth(f): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]all you ppl saying you will `yansh' her when madam is not around, if she was your child and she tells you that her oga did that to her, you will start making noise.
i will treat her the way i will treat my own child. `do unto others what you will like to be done to you'
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by rhemal: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2013
A lot of lairs and fake-ass people on this thread.....
(yawning)
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Cestmoi1(f): 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
If she's the type i feel a positive vibe from i.e hardworking,honest etc,i will definately treat her right.As a matter of fact,i will treat her like my sister.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by write2obi(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
C'est moi:
If she's the type i feel a positive vibe from i.e hardworking,honest etc,i will definately treat her right.As a matter of fact,i will treat her like my sister.
And if she is not hardworking and honest? You'll treat her like trash abi?
*Sniff* I smell wickedness all over this woman *Sniff again* *Sniff* *Sniff*
Definitely an End Time woman!
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Cestmoi1(f): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
write2obi:
And if she is not hardworking and honest? You'll treat her like trash abi?
*Sniff* I smell wickedness all over this woman *Sniff again* *Sniff* *Sniff*
Definitely an End Time woman!
Lmao....i will send her packing wit a substantial amount of money and wish her well if i get a negative vibe/s.I'm not that heartless now.Haba!
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Daresh(f): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
I don't have a maid, I just don't have strenght for the drama. I've had a few ppl live with me in that capacity and while they were here, we eat the same food, from the same plates. I do not permit anyone to eat in rooms or kitchen, it must be on the dining table. They collected salary and I did their hair a bought toiletries. But it was just for a short while.
These girls come from their homes with all sorts of wahala. One came to my house and was dictating what she would eat ( found out she was pregnant). The other one would go and make her hair and I won't see her till 9pm. She will fix her nails and eyelashes. For who biko? Or the one that was cavorting with my neighbors driver and got pregnant? Let me not mention the lying, the stealing anf the unnecessary long throat. These are grown up ladies stealing 10 naira school biscuits for my kids.
I gave up eventually. Now I have a cleaner, she comes in the morning and cleans up the mess we made while I get kids ready for school and I head out. I cook and do other chores round the house after work. I no fit shout for all them mails abeg their wahala is too much.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by remsonik(f): 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
My sister treats her house help badly,all was well btw them before her friends start deceiving her and tell her how to maltreat the girl in the office.she later beat the girl one day and sent her packing,everyone in my family was mad at her cos the girl is so friendly and nice.I still communicate with the girl even though she wants to come back and work with her but I told the girl not to come....am so happy for the poor girl she has gotten admission into UNI now btw my sister is missing her badly!!
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by write2obi(m): 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
C'est moi:

Lmao....i will send her packing wit a substantial amount of money and wish her well if i get a negative vibe/s.I'm not that heartless now.Haba!
Really? *i sniff again*
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Cestmoi1(f): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
write2obi:
Really? *i sniff again*
yes,really!
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by write2obi(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
Daresh: I don't have a maid, I just don't have strenght for the drama. I've had a few ppl live with me in that capacity and while they were here, we eat the same food, from the same plates. I do not permit anyone to eat in rooms or kitchen, it must be on the dining table. They collected salary and I did their hair a bought toiletries. But it was just for a short while.
These girls come from their homes with all sorts of wahala. One came to my house and was dictating what she would eat ( found out she was pregnant). The other one would go and make her hair and I won't see her till 9pm. She will fix her nails and eyelashes. For who biko? Or the one that was cavorting with my neighbors driver and got pregnant? Let me not mention the lying, the stealing anf the unnecessary long throat. These are grown up ladies stealing 10 naira school biscuits for my kids.
I gave up eventually. Now I have a cleaner, she comes in the morning and cleans up the mess we made while I get kids ready for school and I head out. I cook and do other chores round the house after work. I no fit shout for all them mails abeg their wahala is too much.
Are you sure is the driver that got her pregnant or *cough*, i mean did you ask questions.
You knw we are in the End *cough* period so anything can happen*cough* *this my cough self* *akpan come go buy me coflin*
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Daresh(f): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
write2obi:
Are you sure is the driver that got her pregnant or *cough*, i mean did you ask questions.
You knw we are in the End *cough* period so anything can happen*cough* *this my cough self* *akpan come go buy me coflin*

She had already left my house b4 she got the belle. The guy accepted that and even promised to marry her. But just I predicted and warned her, the guy dumped her with a kid and took off. Funny enough she still comes around with her baby when we go to the village (they brought her from there). The other one came to my house pregnant, stayed a few days b4 I figured it out and sent her away. Oh I forgot the one that they brought from Togo on a Saturday. I told her " Monday morning we go for blood test". Monday morning before I dress up finish the girl don take back door run comot. Only God knows what disease she had and was afraid I would find out. That was the last straw.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
Daresh:

She had already left my house b4 she got the belle. The guy accepted that and even promised to marry her. But just I predicted and warned her, the guy dumped her with a kid and took off. Funny enough she still comes around with her baby when we go to the village (they brought her from there). The other one came to my house pregnant, stayed a few days b4 I figured it out
and sent her away. Oh I forgot the one that they brought from Togo on a Saturday. I told her " Monday morning we go for blood test". Monday morning before I dress up finish the girl don take back door run comot. Only God knows what disease she had and was afraid I would find out. That was the last straw.
I've been laughing since I read ur first post.
Ill luck
The later is better. Children will eventually grow.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by bebe2(f): 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
Daresh: I don't have a maid, I just don't have strenght for the drama. I've had a few ppl live with me in that capacity and while they were here, we eat the same food, from the same plates. I do not permit anyone to eat in rooms or kitchen, it must be on the dining table. They collected salary and I did their hair a bought toiletries. But it was just for a short while.

Totally understand, some of them can be badly behaved. If you correct and advice them and they refuse to change pls send dem back to their pple. No br
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Beverlies(f): 9:31am On Sep 11, 2013
ℓ̊ would never entertain the presence of a maid in my home because this so called maids are not trustworthy ooo, they can do and undo, this one that they said there would be scarcity of husbands by 2023. Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ will never work for me. Don't wanna breed another Ekaette in my home.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Cestmoi1(f): 9:42am On Sep 11, 2013
Beverlies: ℓ̊ would never entertain the presence of a maid in my home because this so called maids are not trustworthy ooo, they can do and undo, this one that they said there would be scarcity of husbands by 2023. Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ will never work for me. Don't wanna breed another Ekaette in my home.
loool....
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Boll2010: 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
Most SoughtAfte: grin
Waoh!! U cook for ur maid. She's no longer a maid bt a girlfriend if u can do all dis tins to her..
aint girlfrnd.......love ur neighbour as ursef grin grin
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Boll2010: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
Daresh:

Your Mama!
junk! grin
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
bebe2: most homes in Nigeria have maids or house help, you watch in movies how they are treated. is dis a movie thing or do people actually treat their maids badly?

my question is if u have or if you were to have a maid which of this would apply to you,

1. What's the minimum age you would accept for a maid,

2. They would serve you food on the dining, while you and your kids sit to eat, they would go eat theirs in the kitchen.

3. Your 12 yr old maid washes your 12yr old daughters clothes,

4. Your kids go to a different school to your maid,

5. Your kids do extra lectures after school and your maid stays in the kitchen cooking.

6. after dinner all the family sit together watching tv and having a laugh but the maid either sits in the kitchen to while away time or sits in her room by herself.

point of this post is, are there better ways of handling these scenarios, thereby making it fair on your family, the maid and humanity in general.

I have house maids and boi boi
Yes I do
And I don't spare them when they don't do as I say no matter their age,they will receive the discipline they deserve
My wooden spoon is always within reach
They scrub the floors,sweep,do laundry,I don't spare them
They will wash my clothes and beddings.
They dare not watch TV till I approve and sometimes I ban them from T V altogether
They are my children grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by baby124: 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
I dont think my maid is a human being. if anini had a sister... undecided. One day she just might sell us.
Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by vivianc(f): 12:11am On Sep 12, 2013
God knows there is nothing I wouldn't buy; washing machine o, dish-washer o, ironing machine o, sweeping and mopping machine o, even cooking machine grin just to avoid househelps.

Won't even allow us to have a house i can't take care of by myself. And no visitor will be allowed to stay for more than a weekend unless for omugwo purposes, it doesn't matter from whose side.

grin grin grin When i was a kid I stayed with this relative of mine. I used to hawk ice water for her. Those days there was nothing like sachet water, rather we filled Jik cans with water, chilled them and one sold for #1. Any day I mistakenly lost any of the Jik cans? No be small beating that day o, I'd be sent out to be crying on the road and passers-by would pity me and dash me money to replace the Jik can and I would end up getting enough to buy like 50pcs of those cans. But that wouldn't stop her from giving me left over food grin be it soup that she added more water or pap that she freezed to become agidi. Did I have a choice? Man must wack na. grin grin

Of all the things she did, i still find the "left over food" part really funny.

16yrs later, i'm a grown woman in my own house just like she is. She won't even dare talk to me anyhow, she chop craze?

I have forgiven her o, ofcourse we are buddies and i love her but whenever i'm with her and i see the social gap between us now? I have a good laugh. You will never believe I was once her maid.

So to those mean madams out there? The young does grow!

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? by bellong: 7:52am On Sep 12, 2013
vivianc:

So to those mean madams out there? The young does grow!

I like this statement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!! / The Moment A Man Shed Tears Of Joy As His Wife Praised Him (Video) / Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.