Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

My Reappraisal Of The Bible - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Reappraisal Of The Bible (3430 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / My Reappraisal Of The Bible / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Reappraisal Of The Bible by honeychild(f): 1:20am On Sep 15, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Couldn't put the last 2 together. This is the last one.
On your comment contrasting Mt 6:24 (u can't serve God and riches) with Lk 16:9 (use ur money to make friends) I think what he was saying in Lk is -if you have riches, use it in a way that will gain you the friendship of God ( I think this because of the reference to 'eternal dwelling places).
An example of what I imagine as an example of use of riches to make friends with God is Proverbs 19:17 (one of my favourite scriptures):
'Those who are kind to the poor lend to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done. '
Re: My Reappraisal Of The Bible by UyiIredia(m): 7:06am On Sep 30, 2013
^^^But in the parable he actually depicted a servant who made friends by cheating on his master. And didn't condemn it but noted how children of God weren't as cunning. Your point is noted.

P.S: My slack has since started that's why I haven't posted here. When I have written notes starting from the chapter I was to write on next till now I'll post them.
Re: My Reappraisal Of The Bible by UyiIredi(m): 5:27am On Jul 16, 2017
UyiIredia:
^^^But in the parable he actually depicted a servant who made friends by cheating on his master. And didn't condemn it but noted how children of God weren't as cunning. Your point is noted.

P.S: My slack has since started that's why I haven't posted here. When I have written notes starting from the chapter I was to write on next till now I'll post them.

And I'd have still.continued. The damn pad lost but that one na story for another day.
Re: My Reappraisal Of The Bible by shadeyinka(m): 7:48am On Jul 16, 2017
UyiIredia:
Started clumsily today, though I just got the digital Bible I wanted to use, yesterday. I've been using Olivetree ever since I had an iTouch. In any case, I hope I have the discipline required to see this through. Suggestions from everyone are welcome and much-needed since I want to have,nas much as possible, a holistic view on the Bible. Just started out with a 3-month New Testament reading plan, NKJV is my preffered though I'm using KJV.

In understanding the Scripture, you need to know that
The Bible isn't the Literal Word of God.
BUT
It is a Chronicle of Gods Dealing with His people in History Plus a dose of Divine Instruction in Righteousness and Guidance to Spiritual Truths.

The collection of the Chronicles and Instructions are called the Scripture. They are ALL given by the inspiration of God (that is God told each of the writers to make a chronicle so that posterity will learn and understand)

Shalom as you study

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ignominious Christ Embassy Church, Shameless Oyakhilome / RCCG Open Heavens. The Peace Of God. Sermon & Prayer Point By Pastor E A Adeboye / Book Of Ezekiel (GOD's warning to HIS servants who refused to warn sinners)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.