Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,373 members, 7,829,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) (47770 Views)

Buhari’s Cabinet: 33 Ministerial Nominees Fail Corruption Test-tribune / Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. / Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Freeanijoo(m): 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nathaniel734: Finally, Minister of Education goes, (breath of relieve), and this woman that can't stand the sound of a gun, wotz dat her name again, the Minister of state for Defence
how does this affect ASUU strike?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by baynix(m): 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
Cat
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by glassman: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
i guess most of the sacked ministers are from the 'rebel' PDP states not necessarily cos they were not performing

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by lookmangiw(m): 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
glassman: i guess most of the sacked ministers are from the 'rebel' PDP states not necessarily cos they were not performing
I go along with your thoughts too. Majority of those ministers are actually from the north though don't know if they are from the 6 rebellious states.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by adino(m): 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source

I could have sworn Ama Pepple and Olugbenga Ashiru were both performing ministers sad
Same thoughts here.
This may be political sacrifice

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
2015 things. Make dem go rest sha, dem don chop enough.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by deeptesting(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
All the sacked ministers can now join the opposition to criticize GEJ administration and begin to give us some tales by moonlight stories, while the newly appointed ones will continue with business as usual.....
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by WildChild00(m): 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2013
Those affect are:
Education
Environment
National planning
Sci and technology.
urban dev. And planning
Defence and power
Housing and urban dev. And foriegn affairs
Minister for state for Agriculture
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by takedat(m): 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2013
Are these the only dead woods in his cabinet?
Why retain those that are generally perceived as
the Symbols of Corruption(Diezani, Adoke, Worgu and co) in his cabinet?

Rukayat Rufai- Sule Lamido connection? If she did not meet up to expectations in the Education sector, why retain Wike, the minister of state? Patience's boy?

Kuchi- Loyalty issue, Babangida Aliyu connection?deserved to be fired for telling Nigerians
that evil spirits are behind Nigeria's darkness.

Shamsudeen Usman- G7 connection? he has been a minister from the time of Yaradua. From Deputy Governor of CBN to the longest serving minister amongst his colleagues. Long overdue!

Ama Pepple- from Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum to Head of Service to Minister. Make she wash hand make another person chop after all PDP is Turn by Turn Nig Ltd.

Gbenga Ashiru Big Surprise. OBJ connection?

Obada- Oyinlola connection? Unsuitable for the defense role, once slumped during course of duty.

The other sacked ministers were completely
irrelevant and inefficient. The truth is that most of the sacked ministers were nominated by the rebel governors, while some aren't just aggressive enough to tackle their governors. By 2015, we will be marking GEJ's performance contract.

7 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by megacliff1377(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hands fold and watching ....
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by miqos02(m): 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source

I could have sworn Ama Pepple and Olugbenga Ashiru were both performing ministers sad

same here
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by adavetee(m): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
These are Ministers from the new PDP states.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by jumobi1(m): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
I think Ashiru is an OBJ guy that's why. He isn't a politician but a career diplomat.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by adavetee(m): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
These are Ministers from the new PDP states. Transfer of aggression.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
GEJ dey Fear Okonjo-Iwela nw i knw
buh if only ma mum wuld be made 4rm d level of secondary school V.p 2 Education minister den no More Strike of any form.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by TayoT: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
Adrenaline123: As i effused earlier, this must cause a very elephantinic obstreperous saga which may be abstruse to understand, but i assure you will oblitrate malicious contents about GEJ from his objurgators
Patrick Jr, unna don start again abi? grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
Mrs Zainab Maina (Adamawa) – Minister for Women Affairs

Mrs Zainab Ibrahim Kuchi (Niger) – Minister of State for Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs

Prof (Mrs) Ruqayyatu Rufai (Jigawa) – Minister of Education

Alhaji Bukar Tijani (Borno) – Minister of State for Agric and Natural Resources

Dr. Shamsudeen Usman (Kano) – Minister of National Planning

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed well the state governors are not with Jonathan
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sir i hope u will get a better replacement for them.... Deziani no dey go? There na her papa house?

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Afam4eva(m): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
He should have left Olugbenga Ashiru. That guy has proven his metal in foreign affairs. We need people like him.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by homesteady(m): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
#following
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Leopantro: 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
is this arising from the order of customized iphones from dubai?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Akiika: 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Check it out, i'll bet their sponsors are in the new PDP camp. Time for other loyalists to come and take their share of the national loot.
BTW, is Abati on vacation? i haven't heard from him lately.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
What's happens to ASUU nd Nigeria education
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by MAYOWAAK: 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
If Diezani is still there then any cabinet reshuffle is insincere!!!

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by olapluto(m): 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
Not that these ministers were doing much anyway. Ashiru is the only one I miss. He was just putting Nigeria back on the world diplomatic map. GEJ is sinking fast, desperation will further expose his weak backings.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by ajosegabriel(m): 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
Signs of End time... ..

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
The Agriculture minister was working o, that i am sure of. Thanks to him, we don't import rice in massive quantities like we used to, he has encouraged rice farming especially. He shouldn't have been sacked.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Lilimax(f): 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
Good move. All the non-performing ministers should go.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Symphony007: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
Olugbenga ashiru is an amatuer foreign minister,Bring back odein ajumogobia as foreign minister. Leave ama pepple in her place. Trash neysom wike.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adorable Photo Of Former Pres. Jonathan's Grand Daughter / Ize-Iyamu’s Family Backs Obaseki’s Re-election / 2023: Amaechi Gets Extra Security After Rumours Of Endorsement From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.