Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) (47771 Views)

Buhari’s Cabinet: 33 Ministerial Nominees Fail Corruption Test-tribune / Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. / Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by PStacks(m): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
I wonder why Labaran Maku's name was not on this list...

Click "Like" if you agree Labaran Maku is the Worst Minister of Information we've had since Time immemorial..

"We thank President Goodluck Jonathan for bringing Facebook to nigeria" .... Labaran Maku.

I wished GEJ even reshuffled office of first lady sef.

11 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
tomakint:
Education, housing, foreign affairs, national planning, science & tech are expected to be changed this is goodnews!
great news
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Seemyfather(m): 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
And how does that affect or call off the ASUU strike? Beside what is the Minister of health still doing in that carbinet self? Abi him still dey wait to see our next action of strike any moment from now in the health sectors as well ni? Anyway make una just help me tell that man at the top that all this sack here and there would take him no where comes 2015.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by locdog(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
OGA Jonathan abeg don't sack my girlfriend Alison my love
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by bamosagie(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
Adrenaline123: As i effused earlier, this must cause a very elephantinic obstreperous saga which may be abstruse to understand, but i assure you will oblitrate malicious contents about GEJ from his objurgators

Meaning?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by musiwa1j: 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by taharqa2: 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
Choi!! Just saw this on Channels. Rush to NL to see if na true!

Thank God sha say top Performing Ones (like Agric, Aviation, Finance, Transport, Trade and Industry, etc) were Retained, although Foreign Affairs and even National Planning were doing well in my view. Thank God some USELESS ones like those of Science and Tech were sacked
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Rooneyboy(m): 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nathaniel734: Finally, Minister of Education goes, (breath of relieve), and this woman that can't stand the sound of a gun, wotz dat her name again, the Minister of state for Defence

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by irich21(m): 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
Waiting on tenterhooks
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by nijanigga: 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nathaniel734: The President just reshuffle his cabinet, 9 ministers affected, they include;
Minister of Education, Housing and urban dev, Foreign affairs, National Planning, Environment, Science and Tech, and Minister of State for Power, Defence and Agric.
"

details later
Politically motivated .Read BBC version of the news.
Most of the sacked ministers are from the 7 break away PDP governors states. Gej knows well, he's fighting a lost battle, he should just do the right the thing, by dividing the country, directly or indirectly.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24053905

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
as for me national planning minister removal is a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Grendel(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmm! All die na die sad

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by musiwa1j: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Symphony007: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
jumobi1:
Aren't Woke and Ajumogobia from Rivers? They both can't be senior ministers
like i said, wike should be trashed. He is a disgrace to rivers state. Odein ajumogobia is the best foreign minister in recent nigerian memory. Just the way he dresses and speaks. You won't know he is the nigerian F.M!

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Tpave(m): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
Adrenaline123: As i effused earlier, this must cause a very elephantinic obstreperous saga which may be abstruse to understand, but i assure you will oblitrate malicious contents about GEJ from his objurgators
Sorry my brother if your relation was affected.

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
No igbo minister sacked? Hmm
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by omobarBlog(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nathaniel734: The President just reshuffle his cabinet, 9 ministers affected, they include;
Minister of Education, Housing and urban dev, Foreign affairs, National Planning, Environment, Science and Tech, and Minister of State for Power, Defence and Agric.
"

details later

hahahaha http://www.omobar..com
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Symphony007: 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
By the way, a president's cabinet is suppose to be made up of people he is comfortable with and can trust, people he knows and can relate to so as to be more effective for the nation, the reality in nigeria of ministers being picked for ethnicity and nomination by governors is so odd...shows how segmented and tribalist this country is and might always be.
*goes back to listening enya's carribean blue*

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by scientology(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
am waiting for sahara deporters to say na TB Joshua tell GEJ to do am undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by anonimi: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
Eledan:

That is the man you've sworn to swim with.....he sacrifices the best in his cabinet on the altar of political expediency ....

You remember Prof Barth Nnaji?

GEJ kind of governance is what you get when you believe in "na our son" politics

I thought Nnaji resigned so he could focus on his own projects for Geometrics.
Do you know something different

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by tydot3(m): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
Dey were sacked because dey were nominated by the new Pdp governors.wike wil nw bcum a substantial minister of education.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by anonimi: 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
matrixme: If you can also push it harder, Senator Yerima and his team should also be extended this courtesy.

Are you asking that the president sack/recall a SINator
I thought that was the exclusive preserve of the SINator's constituents who voted him in the first place?

We obviously do not appreciate the separation of powers between the executive & legislative arms of government!!!

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by eldoradoxx: 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
take dat: Are these the only dead woods in his cabinet?
Why retain those that are generally perceived as
the Symbols of Corruption(Diezani, Adoke, Worgu and co) in his cabinet?

Rukayat Rufai- Sule Lamido connection? If she did not meet up to expectations in the Education sector, why retain Wike, the minister of state? Patience's boy?

Kuchi- Loyalty issue, Babangida Aliyu connection?deserved to be fired for telling Nigerians
that evil spirits are behind Nigeria's darkness.

Shamsudeen Usman- G7 connection? he has been a minister from the time of Yaradua. From Deputy Governor of CBN to the longest serving minister amongst his colleagues. Long overdue!

Ama Pepple- from Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum to Head of Service to Minister. Make she wash hand make another person chop after all PDP is Turn by Turn Nig Ltd.

Gbenga Ashiru Big Surprise. OBJ connection?

Obada- Oyinlola connection? Unsuitable for the defense role, once slumped during course of duty.

The other sacked ministers were completely
irrelevant and inefficient. The truth is that most of the sacked ministers were nominated by the rebel governors, while some aren't just aggressive enough to tackle their governors. By 2015, we will be marking GEJ's performance contract.
I am glad that there are few political minds like me still remaining in NL and you are one. This cabinet reshuffle is a means of consolidation of power ahead of the battle that lies ahead. GEJ strategists had advised him earlier to dissolve the cabinet and retain only few core loyalists and kitchen cabinet team. In political parlance, what he was advised to constitute is called "Election Cabinet" made up of core politicians with strong grass root base and capable of delivering there states to GEJ come 2015. Now this was brought earlier than planned due to the crisis in PDP. If you look at these majority of ministers sacked you wud see a correlation between their sack and the crisis. They were either sponsored by the renegade Governors and therefore had to go so that strong opponents of the governor who is capable of fighting them back home onbehalf of GEJ could be appointed. Therefore, it is part of GEJ 2015 game plan. People see him as a neophyte, but I know his is not, he is my type, smooth operator, silent killer, schemes and the d dark cobra that plans silently before unleashing a deadly and fatal strike that leaves his opponents shocked and paralysed forever. That is politics. It is not for noisemakers

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by nijanigga: 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
Till eternity Nigerians will keep fooling themselves with one Nigeria. Which is false. Nigerian present system is set up for LOOTERS and CORRUPTION to strive. If tombolo can buy a private jet, tell me, if Nigeria is not a jungle
http://news.yahoo.com/nigerian-president-sacks-ministers-amid-party-divisions-160818705--business.html

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by anonimi: 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
P.Stacks:

I wished GEJ even reshuffled office of first lady sef.

Not a bad suggestion.
But I hear sey fisherman nor fit abandon crayfish seller for market....

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by musiwa1j: 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2013
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by anonimi: 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
musiwa1j:
and if the north get hold of power, they will never release it, never.

who is in that picture in the north , obama.. when i tell you the north will not agree, the north will not agree.

Do you know why the northern youths in the pictures are NOT wearing their local clothes but rather the ones from US and western European countries?
Could their intellectual blindness have affected their psychological blindness as well

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
Diezani and wogu jazz dey work on jonathan. These guys can't seem to get the chop.

On a slightly different note. Has anyone noticed how Aganga has remained unnoticed.

Dude is busy selling Nigeria to the world and not making noise about it while the others are busy looting and getting sacked.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by SHAAWA: 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
PEJ
where are thou? 5 women in one cabinet reshufflement is unacceptable,
after all the azontos, alingos, makossa e.t.c at the eagle square?
We go no gree x3!!!

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Kalamaya: 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
Another good move by GEJ to continue to fight the attackers of good governace of this administration, within his party ( PDP.) i'm not comfortable with the position of the yoruba PDP cheiftains in the south-west with the ongoing party disputes. Working into their strategies, their aims was only to remain connected to Abuja, on the ditriment of the few loyalist they still have in that region. I have always said with all fairness and respect that OBJ is an “yoruba man“. He OBJ still believe in GEJ govt than Atikur's presidency.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by eldoradoxx: 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
Symphony007: like i said, wike should be trashed. He is a disgrace to rivers state. Odein ajumogobia is the best foreign minister in recent nigerian memory. Just the way he dresses and speaks. You won't know he is the nigerian F.M!
It is only a person who does not understand politics like you that would advise the president to sack Nyesom Wike. Every president needs the like of Nyesom Wike who is not ashamed to fight dirty in the street to survive. Imagin how things would have been if Nyesom Wike was from Kano or Jigawa or Niger, currently, you know GEJ wouldn't loose any sleep because he knows he has a tough foot soldier who could battle his Governor to standstil. Nyesom Wike remains Amechi's biggest fear, he knows how brutal and deadly he is. Infact Nyesom and majority of Rivers House of Assembly Members fear Nyesome Wike more than they fear GEJ. The reason is simple, Nyesome made Amechi. He single handedly sponsored his election case up to supreme court in 2007 when Amechi ran to Ghana due to the heat in the state. Amechi stepped foot into Nigeria when SC declared him Governor. In 2011, Nyesom as Chief of Staff to the Governor Amechi unleashed his boys who returned Amechi and delivered victory to GEJ. Nyesom has grass root support and entrenched machinery more than Amechi in Rivers. The politics is why make Ama Pepple a full minister and make a foot soldier a min for state. With this cabinet shake, Nyesom Wike would definitely become a full minister. Perhaps not of Education. What you will see in the new cabinet are people like Nyesom Wike who can fight their Governors for GEJ esp in the 7 States that there Governors broke away.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by chukel(m): 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
musiwa1j: obadan may have been fired because the north was not happy with her ministry. she was jonathan best performing minister. she was not interested in breaking naija, the north will never agree to be minority. she was equip the army too much. north is only interested on how to scatter country at this point because it is not possible to cage the north to be minority. they will fight. the yoruba too may not have been happy because they are looking for scatter.

and if the north get hold of power, they will never release it, never.

who is in that picture in the north , obama.. when i tell you the north will not agree, the north will not agree.

so when i say remove western nigeria.. i know what i am talking about. the north is looking at the satellite picture, millions of people know my name in the north.. i mean millions. they are just planning their strategic
i know the mind of northerners.

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=images/muslims_protest_in_kano_201697708.jpg&size=article_large[/img]
Musiwa don carry cum again. BTW, who gives him internet access. Most times I can't help but laf out loud

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adorable Photo Of Former Pres. Jonathan's Grand Daughter / Reno Omokri Reacts To Obasanjo Endorsing Atiku / 2023: Amaechi Gets Extra Security After Rumours Of Endorsement From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.