Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) (47767 Views)

Buhari’s Cabinet: 33 Ministerial Nominees Fail Corruption Test-tribune / Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. / Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by jumobi1(m): 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
Symphony007: like i said, wike should be trashed. He is a disgrace to rivers state. Odein ajumogobia is the best foreign minister in recent nigerian memory. Just the way he dresses and speaks. You won't know he is the nigerian F.M!

I get what you are saying but Dressing and speaking doesn't = Performance. Nothing wrong with knowing he is the Nigerian FM. What intrigues me is that Odein has lived in Nigeria most of his life. Where did he get that accent?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Sodiq3(m): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
The question now is -Were these ministers sacked for non-performance or political consideration?

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by musiwa1j: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Mznaett: 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hmmm,na who dey work nd na who wey no dey work? "in between GEJ nd d MINISTERS dem" If i may ask,what is our country turning into Its so disheartening to see that instead of Governments to negotiate with ASUU inorder for the strike to be called off,they are busy underating themselves. Well,i trust Nigerians,i know what they can do"follow the footstep of our leaders"thats the slogan for our Great Country.NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by jumobi1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sodiq3: The question now is -Were these ministers sacked for non-performance or political consideration?
Doesn't really matter. A president must be able to trust his cabinet members.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by drtegs: 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
Its time to reshuffle the national cake to loyalist of GEJ 2015 vision. GEJ saying u cannot serve two masters. I dey watch.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Jman06(m): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
Thank God my minister was not affected!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by PresidentT(m): 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2013
mintyx: What of Minister of Doctors Proff Onyebuchi Chukwu? Is his time not due yet?
#Lame

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by nikkyshyne(f): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source

I could have sworn Ama Pepple and Olugbenga Ashiru were both performing ministers sad
Yes he was cry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by SterlingTowers(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
eldoradoxx: I am glad that there are few political minds like me still remaining in NL and you are one. This cabinet reshuffle is a means of consolidation of power ahead of the battle that lies ahead. GEJ strategists had advised him earlier to dissolve the cabinet and retain only few core loyalists and kitchen cabinet team. In political parlance, what he was advised to constitute is called "Election Cabinet" made up of core politicians with strong grass root base and capable of delivering there states to GEJ come 2015. Now this was brought earlier than planned due to the crisis in PDP. If you look at these majority of ministers sacked you wud see a correlation between their sack and the crisis. They were either sponsored by the renegade Governors and therefore had to go so that strong opponents of the governor who is capable of fighting them back home onbehalf of GEJ could be appointed. Therefore, it is part of GEJ 2015 game plan. People see him as a neophyte, but I know his is not, he is my type, smooth operator, silent killer, schemes and the d dark cobra that plans silently before unleashing a deadly and fatal strike that leaves his opponents shocked and paralysed forever. That is politics. It is not for noisemakers

If indeed that is his game then he is the fool I've always suspected him to be, is it that he was so carried away that he has forgotten he belongs to the minority tribe in Nigeria, this political move of GEJ is by far the dumbest political moves ever. I dey laugh o in ObJ stylie. Let the game begins.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by nikkyshyne(f): 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sodiq3: The question now is -Were these ministers sacked for non-performance or political consideration?
Political considerations cry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by musiwa1j: 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
the defence ministers use to steal the money.. the navy and airforce have been dead for more than than 25 years ago.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by KenDStar: 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ok, now that we are done with the emotions and sentiments, can we list top 5 achievements of each of the sacked ministers.

1. Ex-Minister of Education
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.
The fact that ASUU strike is in its 3rd month is enough to boot out the Minister of Education irrespective of her political leaning.

2. Ex-Minister for Housing:
How many houses did she build as Minister?
How many site and services scheme did she introduce?
Is it now easier to get C of O for Federal schemes?
What is the state of Fed Govt owned estates such as FESTAC, Gowon Estate, etc
How many jobs did the Ministry under her leadership create?

3. So on & so on.

Let us ask ourselves, how many of these sacked Ministers affected our lives positively?

If you cannot add value as a Minister/Commissioner/ or other political appointees, the honourable thing to do is to resign.
We cannot make progress if we continue to see such positions as my turn to chop!

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by LEXYCOM: 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
Y jona no call me before e fire dem?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by PastorOla1: 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ms. Diezani Alison-Madueke is missing, HOGWASH!!!

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
I don't know if anybody is seeing what I'm seeing, all the ministers were the ones recommended by those that walked out on the President during the PDP convention.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by arcis: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
Its a thing of great concern to me in recent time as I carefully keep tabs on the recent trends of national issues as they unfold. I must confess at this juncture that as a nation many untold situations of crisis lie ahead of US if we refuse to give a befitting final burial to sentiments, nepotism, ethnicity and religious favouritism in the course of addressing issues of national concern. The most painful now is the way the nigerian youths make comments, so unguided, non futuristics, political driven, religiously confined and among others. For instance,the PDP crisis has shown how myopic the nigerian youths are, where is our sense of reasoning, if you agree with me, do you know that if the current old ASUU strike has received the so much attention and efforts directed towards proferring a solution to the PDP crisis,ASUU strike would have been a thing of the pass, all these politicians are not worth our precious time to start quibbling over their selfish and greed promoted crises, our pursuit should be that of facing the realities ahead that one day the nation will be great again, youths are said to be the leaders of tomorrow, our tomorrow is now, we are no longer kids, how old were those that started and led the struggle for our dear nation’s independence, the likes of Sir Herbert Maucaulay, Tafawa balewa, Nnamdi Azikwe etc were youths in their late 20s, let’s launch a serious campaign against these set of old cargoes called politicians in nigeria today who have refused to understand the fact that nigeria is not their family name that guarantees them to operate and direct the affairs of this nation in a family manner, nigerian youths, is time we save the future of our nation for the unborn generation, you may be wondering how can we do this, 2015 election is the tool we have…For the sacked ministers, guess they are the enemies of progress to GEJ’s admnistration, let’s see more events to come before we determine the true intention of the president behind the sack.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Mustay(m): 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
P.Stacks:
I wonder why Labaran Maku's name was not on this list...

Click "Like" if you agree Labaran Maku is the Worst Minister of Information we've had since Time immemorial.
It was Maku who announced the reshuffling. Imagine him sacking himself on TV!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Symphony007: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
eldoradoxx: It is only a person who does not understand politics like you that would advise the president to sack Nyesom Wike. Every president needs the like of Nyesom Wike who is not ashamed to fight dirty in the street to survive. Imagin how things would have been if Nyesom Wike was from Kano or Jigawa or Niger, currently, you know GEJ wouldn't loose any sleep because he knows he has a tough foot soldier who could battle his Governor to standstil. Nyesom Wike remains Amechi's biggest fear, he knows how brutal and deadly he is. Infact Nyesom and majority of Rivers House of Assembly Members fear Nyesome Wike more than they fear GEJ. The reason is simple, Nyesome made Amechi. He single handedly sponsored his election case up to supreme court in 2007 when Amechi ran to Ghana due to the heat in the state. Amechi stepped foot into Nigeria when SC declared him Governor. In 2011, Nyesom as Chief of Staff to the Governor Amechi unleashed his boys who returned Amechi and delivered victory to GEJ. Nyesom has grass root support and entrenched machinery more than Amechi in Rivers. The politics is why make Ama Pepple a full minister and make a foot soldier a min for state. With this cabinet shake, Nyesom Wike would definitely become a full minister. Perhaps not of Education. What you will see in the new cabinet are people like Nyesom Wike who can fight their Governors for GEJ esp in the 7 States that there Governors broke away.
the summary of all your long story is that wike is fighting ameachi because he wants to suceed ameachi as governor and ameachi refuses, netsom wike no matter how he fights ameachi. A bigger fight awaits him and that is the rivers people's fight. The rivers people have declared that no ikwerre man will suceed ameachi, even the wife of wike's new boss. GEJ has said the next governor must be a true riverine man and not the highland ikwerres. So i'll love to see how this allaince will end.

Maybe to an extent you're right. Jonathan needs a man like wike around to spite and poke ameachi, but by 2015 when ameachi leaves office, we will see if mr and mrs jonathan will help him become governor.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by donphilopus: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
The foolish minister of information is missing on this list....

He's claiming to be loyal to his oga @ the Top
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Flirtyfemi: 8:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
See why President Goodluck Jonathan sacked Education Minister Ruqayyatu Ahmed Rufa’i http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/09/why-president-goodluck-jonathan-sacked.html
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by gentlegg(m): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
For once i support Jonathan for any political maneuver ahead of 2015. Why are these mallams from the North bent on ousting Jonathan in 2015?
I prophesy that a northern moslem will never be president of this present Nigeria again. For all the years of their military rule, what do they have to account for it?

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Vires: 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
For those of us living in Abuja,
When will Bala Mohammed gooooo ?

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Nten: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
Jona wuld hav sacked that minister of education since. I dnt knw what that woman is doin there whether prof. of arabic. Talkin lyk a primary sch pupil
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by austinsmat(m): 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
customized13: No igbo minister sacked? Hmm
have u seen a lady I lazy Igbo man before mind ur wahala
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by SterlingTowers(m): 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2013
eldoradoxx: I am glad that there are few political minds like me still remaining in NL and you are one. This cabinet reshuffle is a means of consolidation of power ahead of the battle that lies ahead. GEJ strategists had advised him earlier to dissolve the cabinet and retain only few core loyalists and kitchen cabinet team. In political parlance, what he was advised to constitute is called "Election Cabinet" made up of core politicians with strong grass root base and capable of delivering there states to GEJ come 2015. Now this was brought earlier than planned due to the crisis in PDP. If you look at these majority of ministers sacked you wud see a correlation between their sack and the crisis. They were either sponsored by the renegade Governors and therefore had to go so that strong opponents of the governor who is capable of fighting them back home onbehalf of GEJ could be appointed. Therefore, it is part of GEJ 2015 game plan. People see him as a neophyte, but I know his is not, he is my type, smooth operator, silent killer, schemes and the d dark cobra that plans silently before unleashing a deadly and fatal strike that leaves his opponents shocked and paralysed forever. That is politics. It is not for noisemakers

If indeed that is his game then he is the fool I've always suspected him to be, is it that he was so carried away that he has forgotten he belongs to the minority tribe in Nigeria, this political move of GEJ is by far the dumbest political move ever. I dey laugh o in ObJ stylie. Let the game begins.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by kc007(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
Why is minister of health - Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu's name missing there? He has caused serious disharmony among health professionals in the sector.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Buccinator(m): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by mkoabiola: 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
Mustay: Olusola Obada is missing on this list!

Here's why we'll miss them cry

1. Ruqqayatu Rufai (Former Education Minister)

She was the 'mother of all strikes' if you know what I mean wink - ASUU, ASUP even Unity Schools. Bravo cheesy However, these strikes don't seem to be doing GEJ's government a favor.

We also remember she set the controversial cut-off mark for students from the North who wrote common entrance exams to gain admission into Unity Schools where a male student from Yobe could be admitted with a score of 2 whilst his counterpart in Enugu needed 134.

Oh, lastly, we must not also forget this one: she dared angry angry the cabal shocked shocked when she said Nigerian students who cheat during the West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations could henceforth be jailed up to five years or fined N200,000. Mehn, this is a morally corrupt country - anyway, I liked this one undecided

2. Mrs. Zainab Kuchi (Former Minister of State for Power)
This woman made us remember 'ojuju calabar' cry She told a South African delegation that evil spirits were preventing Nigeria from achieving sustainable electricity shocked Perhaps, the evil spirits behind our power woes didn't like it especially when she recommended exorcism as a sloution

3. Olusola Obada (Former Minister Of State For Defence)
I've not really understood the rationale behind her appointment especially considering the fact she has no military background.

Well, it's rather ironic that her defence line was not strong when she fainted at the Armed Forces Remembrance Day celebration in Abuja early this year.

Badooooo! tongue

4. Hadiza Mailafia (Former Minister of Environment)
She's not so much in the news except for the recent allegation that her ministry "usually holds on to funds donated by international agencies for the support of environmental projects in Nigeria, thereby causing project delay". embarassed

We must not forget the flooding that occurred in some states last year. However, there was one landmark (although not new) - she said Nigerians were the biggest causes of their problems! Paradoxical She told the FEC that "we no dey hear word" and we have very dirty habits and attitudes towards the environment - I support her on this one sha!

5. Ama Pepple (Former Minister of Lands)
Pepple was our former HOS - Obj 'handpicked' her when he was Baba of the 'old' PDP wink She was 'easygoing' so she no 'show' herself too much for news.

5/9 * 100 = 56% Note this government's stance that the cabinet is 'women friendly' - the replacements will void or prove this!

True, politics is also involved here but just some mention about some of the men:

6. Olugbenga Ashiru (Former Minister of Foreign Affairs)
This man job no easy wallahi. He more or less represents the Nigerian brand and the consulate offices we have/embassies aren't nice holiday destinations. Moreover, some people have tried to 'kobalize' him on FG's stance concerning gay marriage - how the man go take manage The index of any person who occupies this seat will always start first from our embassies here and there. We must not forget also how FG take vex di way all dese oyibo diplomats go dey put nose for soup wey we cook here - these diplomats had to be warned to 'comment their reserve' when it comes to expressing their public opinions on our issues. Ahan what nonsense by dis pipul angry

7. Buka Tijjani (Former Minister of Foreign Affairs)
Just the mention of the Agriculture Minister's name shows where the synergy isn't!

8. Shamsudeen Usman (Former Minister of National Planning)
This one - I smell so much politricks in it. It's funny, at the Nigeria Economic Summit that held recently, participants did mention that government should ensure that their policies are sustainable - Usman was present alongside Adesina (Education Minister) and VP Namadi Sambo. Elumelu particularly 'saved' Adesina's job by pleading to government to leave round pegs in round holes for longer periods. Hmmm

The caveat is that analysing politics in Nigeria isn't often straightforward - decisions aren't always based on performances but based on ethnicity (5 from the North & 4 from the South), gender (5W/4M), region and all other indices that aren't objective or benefit Nigerians in general. We even employ 'federal character' in dismissals hence someone could lose his/her job for flimsy reasons.

Save for today is Wednesday, National cake-sharing day FEC meeting day, I wouldn't have been surprised if some of these Ministers got to know of their sack on pages of Newspapers like Inuwa (Former Minister of Youths Development) did.

God bless Nigeria
U tried for ur analysis.
So painful,I saw d red eyes lik fire smoking frm d ministers eyes on tvc
Power sweet ooo,so dey ar now former.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by mkoabiola: 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
Pastor Ola: Ms. Diezani Alison-Madueke is missing, HOGWASH!!!
Madueke will b least minister to b sacked in jona gvt.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by joehmadami: 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
I wonder why Maku and Alison are missing on the list.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (Updated) by Joyeux: 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
This is 100% politics,this is not about their performance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ranking Of Officers In Nigeria Cutsoms / Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman / 2023: Amaechi Gets Extra Security After Rumours Of Endorsement From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.