Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,965 members, 7,952,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (32262 Views)

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable / An Open Letter To Senator Adetumbi - 'Enugu Is Not Bankrupt' / Enugu Is Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 9:52pm On Sep 22, 2013
manny4life: Seriously, my brothers, you guys need to quit this argument. Thank God that GEJ has called for SNC, the sooner this country breaks up, the better. It's time to think home and begin divesting in Lagos in particular, enough of this silly rants which has yielded unfounded lies and deceit. If they say Enugu is poor, ehhh na, so be it.

nobody is arguing dat enugu with a lower gdp is beta dan oyo with a higher gdp.
Dey only opened a thread so dat we wl put dem where dey belong and we are helping dem with dat,
wat are fellow southerners for?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by makazona(m): 6:38am On Sep 23, 2013
you guys use the GDP index provided by the govt to judge Enugu cos it favours ur tribalistic yearnings.if it didnt,u wil say d data was wrong or incorrect.but nw u bliv it jst to "ridicule" dat state you hated so much.why didnt you use Imo?....rmba,indices in nigeria can political.wisen up ppl.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by makazona(m): 6:48am On Sep 23, 2013
you guys use the GDP index provided by the govt to judge Enugu cos it favours ur tribalistic yearnings.if it didnt,u wil say d data was wrong or incorrect.but nw u bliv it jst to "ridicule" dat state you hated so much.why didnt you use Imo?....rmba,indices in nigeria can political.wisen up ppl...go ahead n fight over what u cant control..eeh,oyo is ds or dat.na for your pocket o.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by meggie2051(f): 4:34am On Sep 25, 2013
Dear Sir,

My name is Meggie and I work for Galuminium Group Co,Ltd (China) .

We are specialized in the following:
Aluminium Doors and Windows
Aluminium Profiles
Curtain Wall
Balcony Railing & Stair Railing

Here is my request:
I would like to send you a brochure, a product catalogue and price details
Please send me your windows and doors information ( or project) ,if you need our products
Best regards

--
Meggie .Y Sales Manager
Galuminium Group Co,.Ltd
Address : No 55 Qingyun Road ,Jianggao Baiyun Dist.,GZ,China
Mobile: +86-13726893743
Web: www.gzga.com.cn
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
meggie2051: Dear Sir,

My name is Meggie and I work for Galuminium Group Co,Ltd (China) .

We are specialized in the following:
Aluminium Doors and Windows
Aluminium Profiles
Curtain Wall
Balcony Railing & Stair Railing

Here is my request:
I would like to send you a brochure, a product catalogue and price details
Please send me your windows and doors information ( or project) ,if you need our products
Best regards

--
Meggie .Y Sales Manager
Galuminium Group Co,.Ltd
Address : No 55 Qingyun Road ,Jianggao Baiyun Dist.,GZ,China
Mobile: +86-13726893743
Web: www.gzga.com.cn

See how these chinkos hustle?

Respect am!
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
Kairoseki77:

See how these chinkos hustle?

Respect am!

respect wetin?
how do u even know he is chinko?
because of the address?
Besides, are u seeing this kind of thing for d first tym?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
ketoprofen:

respect wetin?
how do u even know he is chinko?
because of the address?
Besides, are u seeing this kind of thing for d first tym?

Was anyone speaking to you?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by mandarin: 11:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
I don't trust data in Nigeria but at least we can make some assumptions. I believe Lagos GDP exceed $100billion and the GDP for most states are higher due to the same reason of huge informal sector. Oil producing states have more government spending than non oil states which raised their GDP but in whole HDI and GINI are better if computed on true stats.
Ibadan is a large city and it has many faces; the good, bad and ugly. There are many cities inside ibadan metropolitan area and some are as good as Lagos and some worse than many interior villages! Enugu is a much smaller city and more manageable and its easy to reckon as developing.
When you compare Oyo State and Enugu, its like comparing nigeria and Togo, oyo state obviously has a huge landmass and population and receives less than states with comparable size in federal funds.However we must admit that the state potentials have not been harnessed and its been in a huge bad political m$ess until lately. However, oyo state has ogbomoso, Oyo, Iseyin, Saki, Ibadan, igboho etc to take care of and that is a huge challenmge. Ogbomoso alone has population of about a million or more!
Enugu and Ibadan are two cities with different issues and inspite of a number of industries in Ibadan more will be needed to make for impressive developments.
Economic outputs of Ibadan is far higher than Enugu and ibadan is ancient, these cities are not in the same league.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 2:43am On Sep 26, 2013
^^^^^

You are right. Enugu is not in the same league as Oyo.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 11:44am On Sep 28, 2013
mandarin: I don't trust data in Nigeria but at least we can make some assumptions. I believe Lagos GDP exceed $100billion and the GDP for most states are higher due to the same reason of huge informal sector. Oil producing states have more government spending than non oil states which raised their GDP but in whole HDI and GINI are better if computed on true stats.
Ibadan is a large city and it has many faces; the good, bad and ugly. There are many cities inside ibadan metropolitan area and some are as good as Lagos and some worse than many interior villages! Enugu is a much smaller city and more manageable and its easy to reckon as developing.
When you compare Oyo State and Enugu, its like comparing nigeria and Togo, oyo state obviously has a huge landmass and population and receives less than states with comparable size in federal funds.However we must admit that the state potentials have not been harnessed and its been in a huge bad political m$ess until lately. However, oyo state has ogbomoso, Oyo, Iseyin, Saki, Ibadan, igboho etc to take care of and that is a huge challenmge. Ogbomoso alone has population of about a million or more!
Enugu and Ibadan are two cities with different issues and inspite of a number of industries in Ibadan more will be needed to make for impressive developments.
Economic outputs of Ibadan is far higher than Enugu and ibadan is ancient, these cities are not in the same league.

all these shanties r nothing to write home abt
- oyo gdp is made by foreigners
- oyo citizens r poorer dan enugu citizens
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2013
ketoprofen:

Stop lying.

Go to the front page and look at the wonderful things happening in Yorubaland.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Stop lying.

Go to the front page and look at the wonderful things happening in Yorubaland.

o di egwu.
Is it d 1.3b dollar scam?
I dont care. I stand on my existing protocol
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by mandarin: 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
ketoprofen:

I do not know what shanties you are referencing here but I do know that Nigeria itself is having more rural areas than urban and its urban slums are numerous.The question is to compare population and average economic well being. If I have to speak as a professional without the ubiqutous ethnocentric emotions often exhibited on this forum I think no city in Enugu state is as large,as Ibadan maybe even Ogbomoso. Taken that Enugu city is compact and largely new and better organized but you must remember that Ibadan was already a city in the 1880s and you do not expect all the houses built then to be of modern taste and beauty. Its got history behind it just like such cities as Kano, Ogbomoso, Osogbo etc. Many of Yoruba towns and cities are over a century and a half old and the intra-ethnic wars of the nineteen century destroyed or changed the shape and shades of many.
That taken, it is also imperative for you to key to the type of market and economy that can support a city of over 3 million people. Ibadan has industries albeit small compared to its status as a big city and its one of the highest net energy consumer in Nigeria may be between number 3 and 4. What does that tells you? that the city is vibrant. Ibadan also have its unfair share of poor people in millions and economically buoyant populace which are also in millions as so what are we talking about? its got both good and bad than Enugu.
I think object analysis of data should be a hallmark because many people come here to learn.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mandarin, kano and Kaduna are ancient cities too but they don't have this Ibadan look.
Lagos is ancient too.
Even Enugu is ancient based on geography abi did God create d world in stages?

The whole of sw aside Lagos look like the devt was halted in the 1950s, so don't use Oyo is large to cover up the poverty there.

Again, u can't disprove the fact that Oyo igr is made by foreigners, this is visible from the socioeconomic status of d majority of d ppl.
Taking Onitsha or nnewi for eg or the Enugu in question, u wl discover t hat the enterprises belong to the Igbo or the indigenes but its not so in Oyo.
so, y will sb come and tell me Enugu is poor just from GDP whereas his own state is poorer.
mtchew
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 1:11am On Oct 10, 2013
Interesting
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 6:07am On Oct 10, 2013
Is that all you have to say?

Telll us why traders are crying of hunger and can't afford beans in Ibadan despite its high GDP
Kairoseki77: Interesting

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2013
remark D: Is that all you have to say?

Telll us why traders are crying of hunger and can't afford beans in Ibadan despite its high GDP

Let him visit the thread, enugu the pride of the East and compare with Ibadan
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
ketoprofen:

Let him visit the thread, enugu the pride of the East and compare with Ibadan

Don't lie to yourself.

The SW is excellent.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
remark D: Is that all you have to say?

There are people who can't afford beans everywhere. And by the way, the title of this thread is "Enugu is one of the Poorest States in NIGERIA."

Ibadan is much richer than Enugu, however Ibadan is not in Europe. It is still a Nigerian/African city. Of course it's not perfect. It just happens to be doing much better than Enugu.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
Kairoseki77:

There are people who can't afford beans everywhere. And by the way, the title of this thread is "Enugu is one of the Poorest States in NIGERIA."

Ibadan is much richer than Enugu, however Ibadan is not in Europe. It is still a Nigerian/African city. Of course it's not perfect. It just happens to be doing much better than Enugu.

Even some cities in Europe have brown roofs. Example is Venice

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Don't lie to yourself.

The SW is excellent.

With what.? U all roam abt Lagos, leaving ur crappy towns; doing almajirism and toutmanship are not signs of excellence.

Tell me any where in sw that is better dan SE. Town for town, village for village.
Educational status.
Innovations
Human capital devt
socioeconomic status
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
django1:

Even some cities in Europe have brown roofs. Example is Venice

Keep deceiving yourself.brown colored roofs are diff from rusty roofs

The vast majority of u are poor, its not just abt the roofs, ur houses look poverty stricken
What was I thinking? No be pesn wey fit buy beans go fit build better house.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
Kairoseki77:

U are running away from the question.

In terms of what? Foreign controlled investments where ur peeps work as security and cleaners?

U ppl are not ashamed that igbos own the tnz in SE and still has more tnz in Lagos than u.

Poor ppl
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
ketoprofen:

Keep deceiving yourself.brown colored roofs are diff from rusty roofs

The vast majority of u are poor, its not just abt the roofs, ur houses look poverty stricken
What was I thinking? No be pesn wey fit buy beans go fit build better house.

Shut up ignoramus. The roofs over Venice aged same way the one in Ibadan too aged. They built their houses in Venice with stones and we built ours with mud. They had stones in excess and we had mud plentifully. While you were living in huts we were living in story buildings.

Heritage is what they call it, something totally strange to people lower in the evolutionary chain.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 7:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
django1:

Shut up ignoramus. The roofs over Venice aged same way the one in Ibadan too aged. They built their houses in Venice with stones and we built ours with mud. They had stones in excess and we had mud plentifully. While you were living in huts we were living in story buildings.

Heritage is what they call it, something totally strange to people lower in the evolutionary chain.

That's y I said u guys are on a generational curse.
Being stuck at 1950 s stage due to poverty is ur heritage, I knew that long ago.

How many of ur politicians live in those heritage houses of urs? Am sure if ur status improve as a person, u will want better.

Go joor, poverty has no excuse. The wealth distribution among yorubas is just similar to d hausas.
Leeches

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
ketoprofen:

That's y I said u guys are on a generational curse.
Being stuck at 1950 s stage due to poverty is ur heritage, I knew that long ago.

How many of ur politicians live in those heritage houses of urs? Am sure if ur status improve as a person, u will want better.

Go joor, poverty has no excuse. The wealth distribution among yorubas is just similar to d hausas.
Leeches

your case don pass be-careful. I'm quite sure that if we have to fit all the modern houses in ibadan into enugu, they would have to be stacked on each other. SMH for your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 9:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
Keptoprofen, we know how much this thread hurts you.

But lies are not going to change the fact that Enugu is poorer than Borno State.

Deal with your region without crying about the SW.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 8:37am On Oct 11, 2013
Lol @ the thread abnoying me.

I don't care whether ur GDP( generated by non Yoruba) is bigger than Enugu.

The only thing I know is that Enugu citizens are more affluent, Enugu looks expensive, more presentable than any Yoruba state and even the kyn borno.

What else do u want me to ask for?

@ django, I have finished with u . There is no justification for laziness and poverty. U guys have a generational curse.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 12, 2013
Yorubaland wt thr so claimed high GDP.

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2013
@ Customized, are u explaining SW to me?
He he, u just posted the towns, their villages are worse.

Thank God Lagos was a capital and now cosmopolitan, if not, outsiders coming into Nig , seeing the shanties would have elevated the poverty rate of Nig to 96% .

That's y each day, they leave Yoruba lands and flock around in Lagos, playing touts and praying for another event of abandoned properties.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by cashkid18(m): 8:08am On Oct 12, 2013
wow!!dis thread is still on,i mst hv bin missin alot cheesy
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by sopddy: 4:19am On Dec 20, 2014
Ikengawo:
Shoprite is building 3 centers in the state of anambra after assessing the economy there

Hey, well it's 2014 and there's no shoprite in Anambra. There's one in Enugu, 2 in Ibadan, 1 in Kwara, The rest are in Lagos and 1 in Kano too.....You guys are just pathetic...There's also only 1 KFC in the east, There are 3 in Ibadan and 18 in Lagos, also in Illorin....You guys are always lying man

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Calls Senator Abaribe A Buffoon. / Ohanaeze Ndigbo Disowns Statement On Nnamdi Kanu / Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.