Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (31705 Views)

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable / An Open Letter To Senator Adetumbi - 'Enugu Is Not Bankrupt' / Enugu Is Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
cashkid18: luks like u were high wen u typed dis rubbish..does achebe n emeagwali stay nigeria

Yes, they both stayed in the SW.

Even Ojukwo was educated and lived in the SW. undecided

This is making me too sad.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu:

Most of those selling electronics, Second hand clothes, Spare parts, even hawking puff-puff in show glass are Ibos

You have never been to the SouthWest before so you wont know instead of admitting you go on in blind argument

Let me guess, selling electronics, second hand clothes is now petty trading? Lol

What's the use arguing with you when you say are LIES? Biko, come up with another story jor.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Be serious. If you have been to the SW, you would know that the way Igbos live in the SW isn't even a funny thing. But very sad.

It is never one market that they trade in, but in all markets. They are everywhere, and very poor. Like zombies.

I am enjoying your LIES jor, shooot, nothing wrong with it.

Very Poor you say, but these Igbos states - Anambra and Abia, two out of six states with high volumes of monies received.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by cashkid18(m): 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Be serious. If you have been to the SW, you would know that the way Igbos live in the SW isn't even a funny thing. But very sad.

It is never one market that they trade in, but in all markets. They are everywhere, and very poor. Like zombies.
and if u hv bin to se u wud hv seen how ur pple kips litherin d mkt wit dirts..luks ur pple ar addicted to dirts.
d worst part is dt they can not afford to lent a stall evn d cheapest stalls..they kip causin nusiance to mkt,they kip carryin their wares frm one end to another to escape frm d mkt taskforce..
bt i still feel for them cuz i know its nt their fault cuz poverty runs in d gene of an average yoruba man
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by cashkid18(m): 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
manny4life:

I am enjoying your LIES jor, shooot, nothing wrong with it.

Very Poor you say, but these Igbos states - Anambra and Abia, two out of six states with high volumes of monies received.
dont mind d agbero,he is only tryin to console himself
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by cashkid18(m): 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Yes, they both stayed in the SW.

Even Ojukwo was educated and lived in the SW. undecided

This is making me too sad.
*ignored*oya bring another lie
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
manny4life: Let me guess, selling electronics, second hand clothes is now petty trading? Lol

What's the use arguing with you when you say are LIES? Biko, come up with another story jor.

What do you call that? Franchise owning?

People who sell electronics in Kiosks or second hand clothes by the roadside

If you dont knw just ask instead of weaving yourself into a web

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by cashkid18(m): 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu:

and hw did u knw dt dose traders ar igbos

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
cashkid18: and hw did u knw dt dose traders ar igbos

Why are you people so dull,

I am giving pictures of whats called Second hand clothes aka Okrika trade which a lot of Ibos in the SWest engage in

That one of you said isnt Petty trade. Maybe the picture to him resemble Franchise owning or manufacturing

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu:

You're pathetic. When did electronics, and spare parts or used clothing become petty business? Do you know what petty is? Again, just in case you missed what you said, here it is again.

dayokanu:

Most of those selling electronics, Second hand clothes, Spare parts, even hawking puff-puff in show glass are Ibos

You have never been to the SouthWest before so you wont know instead of admitting you go on in blind argument

Before you change your mouth from selling second hand clothes to those who sell it on the roadside. Arguing with you can be tiresome, like seriously. Again, when does selling spare parts, electronics, and second hand clothes become petty? Business is petty because of the "VOLUME" of sales, and not the type... So quit this ignorant shitt.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu:

Why are you people so dull,

I am giving pictures of whats called Second hand clothes aka Okrika trade which a lot of Ibos in the SWest engage in

That one of you said isnt Petty trade. Maybe the picture to him resemble Franchise owning or manufacturing

Lol, you seriously need help.

If you call OK sellers that have stalls petty trade, then I wonder what you will call gala hawkers or roadside groundnut sellers, or market women selling food stuff like tomatoes or onion or the fish roasters. Lol, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, there's a difference between Petty, Small and Medium size business. grin grin
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 4:59am On Sep 21, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, you seriously need help.

If you call OK sellers that have stalls petty trade, then I wonder what you will call gala hawkers or roadside groundnut sellers, or market women selling food stuff like tomatoes or onion or the fish roasters. Lol, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, there's a difference between Petty, Small and Medium size business. grin grin

Even your mentality is that of a poor people. Aspiring to sell common groundnut by the roadside is very sad. Thinking that second hand clothes sellers are running "big business"! I laugh and cry. grin

Is this why you think you run Lagos State? Because you run all the PETTY businesses, while Yoruba run construction, accounting firms, law offices, manufacturing, etc, etc?

Please reach higher. Even your dreams are too small. And even a common Google search will tell you where Ojukwo studied and lived as a child.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:05am On Sep 21, 2013
dayokanu:

I wil snap d ones yorubas do, ata rodo, ata wewe and ewedu, jst calm down, u no see big igbo electronic shop snap abi?make day brk, I go gv u pix tire.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 5:12am On Sep 21, 2013
customized13: I wil snap d ones yorubas do, ata rodo, ata wewe and ewedu, jst calm down, u no see big igbo electronic shop snap abi?make day brk, I go gv u pix tire.

Poverty mentality.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by russellino: 5:19am On Sep 21, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Even your mentality is that of a poor people. Aspiring to sell common groundnut by the roadside is very sad. Thinking that second hand clothes sellers are running "big business"! I laugh and cry. grin

Please reach higher. Even your dreams are too small. And even a common Google search will tell you where Ojukwo studied and lived as a child.

You obviously are just taking a piss to feel good. By the time the okrika seller grows large enough to rent a shop and import two containers every three months he will become a landlord under your noses while his mates from your area are still chasing after danfo buses to collect 20 naira. Then the cries of "my fada land" go start again. grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by russellino: 5:23am On Sep 21, 2013
Kairoseki77:
And even a common Google search will tell you where Ojukwo studied and lived as a child.

Ojukwu was born in the north and studied in Kings college, lagos which was set up by oyibo, oyibo was principal and oyibo was teacher. Wetin concern una with that one.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 21, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Poverty mentality.
I cn bet those guys selling okrika are richer than you. Meanwhile, I wil stil snap those pix of ur poverty stinking houses, traders and street, am in ogun state @d moment, make day break.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 5:34am On Sep 21, 2013
customized13: I cn bet those guys selling okrika are richer than you. Meanwhile, I wil stil snap those pix of ur poverty stinking houses, traders and street, am in ogun state @d moment, make day break.

Hmm I wonder why you are in Ogun? I thought Igbos never came to the SW, except for Lagos. LWKMD! grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 21, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Hmm I wonder why you are in Ogun? I thought Igbos never came to the SW, except for Lagos. LWKMD! grin
igbos are evrywhr dumb, anywhr wey igbos no dey, dat plas cnt be inhabited, its the hustling spirit, besides, I dnt reside in ogun state, dis plas is a rathole. U wil see 4 ursef.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 5:45am On Sep 21, 2013
customized13: igbos are evrywhr dumb, anywhr wey igbos no dey, dat plas cnt be inhabited, its the hustling spirit, besides, I dnt reside in ogun state, dis plas is a rathole. U wil see 4 ursef.

Lmao! Tell that to cashkid and your other brothers here that were begging us to believe that Igbos never come to the SW, just Lagos.

Like dayokanu stated, until we see Yoruba leaving their communities in droves to go to the East, we will ALWAYS know who is richer. Migration patterns don't lie. Same reason you see Nigerians fleeing to Europe in large numbers, but only see a trickle the other way around.

Face it. You could not feed yourself or your family operating solely in the SE, so you came to the SW because the economy is better.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 6:35am On Sep 21, 2013
dayokanu:

Iboland is the most hostile region to stay in

We have Portharcourt, kano, Jos, Ibadan all in different region with huge migrant population.
Is there a study to that effect, or we are working with hunches and stuff.

Dude, Igboland is very acconodating but certainly not for the faint of heart.
Unlike the South West, with her discriminatory policies aka the indigene-settler-guest trifecta. Or her insistence that other Nigerians curtsey to her Babloja. Or repatriating/deporting/reuniting/whatever other word that can dissolve away the enormity of that of fence meted out to other Nigerians.

BTW, the day I saw Ondo State's Wiki page taking pride in Emeagwali as one of her notable persons, I was quite happy with Yoruba's albeit for a split second...the next second, your Awo-wannabe in Lagos stirred the hornets nest by engendering the Host-guest brouhaha. It's like the Southwest has two extreme, conflicting philosophies/perceptions of what Nigeria ought to be.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
dayokanu: The poverty and crime wey dey drive people comot for East no get part 2.

Every bus park is filled with people trying to flee

oh yes.
Prove d migration is due to poverty.
Guy, we need d money from all corners of d world. And u cant do anytn abt it.
Unlike yorubas dat prefer being almajiris of d south, in their own villages while guests build magnificent houses to ur face. Hahaha. Igbos get class abeg.
Disprove dat 3 igbo states are not part of cashless policy, una dey for dat policy sef?
I thought by now u guys could av started asking questions based on dis GDP issue?
What shall it profit a region to have high gdp without significant indigenous enterprises to show for it?
Abeg, my friend is opening his type of outlet in Lagos next wk, and if thats going to frustrate d hell out of u, i wl be at d laughing end.
East and poverty my foot
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
Boicc: why would someone compare oyo to enugu. If my Igbo serves me ryt, OYO in Igbo language means BEGGERS!!!

*dies*
cant u see they have left the topic and started talking abt sth else they cant defend?
How dey wan do am before? Compare oyo to enugu because of GDP o, imagine?
I dont know if u have gone there but if ibadan is dat crappy, there is no point talking abt oda places in d state.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Is this why you think you run Lagos State? Because you run all the PETTY businesses, while Yoruba run construction, accounting firms, law offices, manufacturing, etc, etc?

my friend, go and melt.
Igbos do all those tnz more dan u.
Infact, there is no aspect of ingenuity where igbos have not dominated in nigeria.
They are not really into agric cos their minds are not there yet.
Did u say manufacturing? Accounting? What are u ppl even accounting? Owo da? Mtchew.
Na now i knw say u are living on high hopes.
Egunje, omo onile and almajirism are ur professional courses.
If igbos are only into petty trading, y are u guys afraid of igbo domination in lagos?
Was it not @ ibadan where hausas chance una for beans till u had to cry to ur govt?
E get nothing wey una neva see for una 'guests'. Lazy bones
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Lol, I couldn't help but laugh... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please STOP making laugh really hard,

I never said we run Lagos, but hey if you say so, WE RUN LAGOS --- NO SHAKING. Yes you run law firms with hungry charge and bail lawyers, lls cheesy cheesy cheesy. No wonder Fashola was very clueless not to put his house in order before filing a suit in Abuja court, talk about clueless bunch... grin grin You run accounting firms like the ones involved in audit scandals, smh... more like clueless and corrupt accountants, even the AGF is under fire. Did you say manufacturing? Lol, yeah more like foreign companies using yall like a slave without hope. Igbos at least have indigenous firms, something alien to the SW... Hehe, don't hate the player, hate the game.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, I couldn't help but laugh... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please STOP making laugh really hard,

I never said we run Lagos, but hey if you say so, WE RUN LAGOS --- NO SHAKING. Yes you run law firms with hungry charge and bail lawyers, lls cheesy cheesy cheesy. No wonder Fashola was very clueless not to put his house in order before filing a suit in Abuja court, talk about clueless bunch... grin grin You run accounting firms like the ones involved in audit scandals, smh... more like clueless and corrupt accountants, even the AGF is under fire. Did you say manufacturing? Lol, yeah more like foreign companies using yall like a slave without hope. Igbos at least have indigenous firms, something alien to the SW... Hehe, don't hate the player, hate the game.

Don't be sad my friend. One day you will own your own groundnut stall and enter the world of big business.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Don't be sad my friend. One day you will own your own groundnut stall and enter the world of big business.

Sad?

Lol, I'm ROTFLMAO... grin grin grin

Hehe, nothing do you brother, out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speak... So no problem grin grin
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
passion007: Is there a study to that effect, or we are working with hunches and stuff.

Dude, Igboland is very acconodating but certainly not for the faint of heart.

Unlike the South West, with her discriminatory policies aka the indigene-settler-guest trifecta. Or her insistence that other Nigerians curtsey to her Babloja. Or repatriating/deporting/reuniting/whatever other word that can dissolve away the enormity of that of fence meted out to other Nigerians.

BTW, the day I saw Ondo State's Wiki page taking pride in Emeagwali as one of her notable persons, I was quite happy with Yoruba's albeit for a split second...the next second, your Awo-wannabe in Lagos stirred the hornets nest by engendering the Host-guest brouhaha. It's like the Southwest has two extreme, conflicting philosophies/perceptions of what Nigeria ought to be.

You just alluded to the fact that South East is a hell hole

How many Americans leave their country for Congo or even Mexico?

Even one of the Ibo posters on this thread is in Ogun, One said he lived in Ibadan. almost all the Ibos on this forum dont even live in their region because of its a Hell hole

Even from the 60's several Ibos fled their homeland because of the extreme poverty

Mention 2 cities in Enugu state outside of the state capital with a population of over 100,000

Oyo has Oyo, Ogbomoso, Saki etc

Osun has Ilesha, Ede, Ila

Ondo has Owo, Ondo

Ogun has Ijebu Ode, Sagamu, Ota, Agbara

Even Ekiti has Ilawe, Ikere etc

Fact is Enugu and the entire SE is a hell hole and extreme poverty pervades the whole place

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2013
lol funny but false and the worst lie that even you yourself don't even believe it...

its a lie that you tell yourself and brothers that hate the SE so you can believe it, swallow it and somehow try to sleep at night...

but the truth is that with your high GDPs... people in the SW are starving and can NOT afford beans at 550 naira... your brother put it succinctly "We want everybody and government to come to our aid and help so that we don’t die of hunger,” - Saidi Baoku,
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/19870-pandemonium-as-hausa

So your false information and comical lies and the most ridiculous interpretation of statics by an uneducated fellow is your last resort seeing how the SE is progressing and leaving y'all just to keep hating...

If someone is poor... they are able to board a plane, or night bus and pay the thousands of naira cost of transport to cross the niger and come to Lagos?

Your next lie will be that they walked across the river lol your oily head has no brains to wonder how they can afford to travel to "your" Lagos as "poor" abi?

Maybe it needs to be drummed into your oily head that trips to Lagos (by Igbos) are mainly to use the ports, both sea and air... which is FG owned.... now Enugu has an int'l airport, we have seen how y'all wanna die of hate...
---
... and you guys seem to have an affinity and interest in that word "flee" ... that's a word cowards always at the top of their minds in life... coincidence?

and before you spew your Ojukwu line... know that while a coward's first instinct is to flee... a brave man and soldiers first instinct is to fight!

Every bus park is filled with people trying to flee [/quote]
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2013
See retardded thinking.

People spend any amount to escape Poverty

Go check the amount poor people spend to get an American visa.

Anything to escape the type of poverty in Alaibo

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
dayokanu: See retardded thinking.

People spend any amount to escape Poverty

Go check the amount poor people spend to get an American visa.

Anything to escape the type of poverty in Alaibo

Isn't your thinking retarded?

Tell me one city in the U.S. that Lagos is better than?

STOP comparing Lagos, pick comparable cities in Africa and let us see how they're migrating en masse...smh @ at flawed reasoning.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2013
In your own words, do you have any stats to back that up?

or just as Yemi did and couldn't stand on his words (if it was the truth) and chickened out, you will do the same now and withdraw your statemement?

do you guys know what that word "truth" meaens at all? is it a cultural thing where you come from to talk from both sides of your mouth and still not stand on it when challenged?

The way you chickened out and cried that you were gonna close that thread you started on why "e-wars" is "good" ... when people came with their responses...

isn't one better off and confident on sinking sand than on the words of you and your people?

You know your sage, right? even he was not able to confide on the loyalty and words of ... wetin be him name again... Jakande...

nah wah o
Kairoseki77:

Is that why your people go there to beg?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors / Impeachment Saga: Ozekhome, NBA Chief, Others Caution Oshiomhole / Soludo Slashes Education Budget From ₦3.23 Billion To ₦1.1bn. Lawmakers Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.