Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (31684 Views)

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable / An Open Letter To Senator Adetumbi - 'Enugu Is Not Bankrupt' / Enugu Is Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by kenjudy(m): 9:48am On Sep 22, 2013
Chineekeee!!! See as people sabi waste megabites. Na so una dumb reach? Richest states, poorest states, kini ko. And so f**king wat?! Useless thread. Me na make I rich pass dem governors be my own una dey here dey talk of a whole state wey some of una no even fit pay house rents live inside sef. Mtcheewww!!!
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2013
kenjudy: Chineekeee!!! See as people sabi waste megabites. Na so una dumb reach? Richest states, poorest states, kini ko. And so f**king wat?! Useless thread. Me na make I rich pass dem governors be my own una dey here dey talk of a whole state wey some of una no even fit pay house rents live inside sef. Mtcheewww!!!
I no mind 2 waste all my savings ooooo 4 dis yorubas wey thnk say na only dem done see evrythng oooo, shagamu city, ijebu-ode city looooool, no be oyo town dem call am? Una don dey call am oyo city nw. LOL!!!!
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 10:41am On Sep 22, 2013
passion007:
Listening to you, one might get the impression that 4 in 10 men in Oyo are Igbos.
Feel free to inflate the Igbo population in Oyo now that it serves your interest.
Also, your selective amnesia will be most helpful when the Igbo political clout begins to grow, at which time you'll claim there are barely any Igbos in Oyo. It's happened in Lagos already.
Anyway, your people love to assume any fair complexioned Nigerian must be Igbo. That's how a Yoruba coworker accused me of being too nice to a client because "he's your brother", when in fact, the fair-complexioned client was Yoruba. cheesy

So you are another one that works in Yorubaland.

Do people in the SE get internet? And don't lie and say that you live in the SE. You have already exposed yourself.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 10:51am On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Do people in the SE get internet? And don't lie and say that you live in the SE. You have already exposed yourself.
Dude, stop grasping at straws.
Read that post again, there's no allusion to where I work.
I can have a Yoruba coworker and client in Kafanchan or Chad.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 11:17am On Sep 22, 2013
passion007:
Dude, stop grasping at straws.
Read that post again, there's no allusion to where I work.
I can have a Yoruba coworker and client in Kafanchan or Chad.

You COULD, but you don't. You work in the SW. No need to hide it now.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

u are the most primitive, localised an unexposed person I hv ever met. Its people like u dat wil ask if they listen 2 wizkid in aba. Go out and see tinz. Dnt be stupid wt d kind of questions u ask.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 11:20am On Sep 22, 2013
customized13: u are the most primitive, localised an unexposed person I hv ever met. Its people like u dat wil ask if they listen 2 wizkid in aba. Go out and see tinz. Dnt be stupid wt d kind of questions u ask.

Let me guess, you work in Lagos?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Let me guess, you work in Lagos?
you aren't exposed, are u? I grew up in lagos, schooled in ogun state and abia state, nw in port Harcourt, I hv been 2 d north and virtually all states in southern nigeria, I cnt ask such silly question like if thr is internet service in jigawa state, people dat hv been 2 places dnt ask such. Let me guess, u must stil be under ur parents 2 hv asked such question, they dnt allow u go out. Mummy/daddys boy.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 11:49am On Sep 22, 2013
customized13: you aren't exposed, are u? I grew up in lagos, schooled in ogun state and abia state, nw in port Harcourt, I hv been 2 d north and virtually all states in southern nigeria, I cnt ask such silly question like if thr is internet service in jigawa state, people dat hv been 2 places dnt ask such. Let me guess, u must stil be under ur parents 2 hv asked such question, they dnt allow u go out. Mummy/daddys boy.

LOL, so another Enugu champion that grew up in Lagos and was schooled in Ogun! Shame on you for lying about your home. The home that raised you even!

Why did your parents leave the paradise in the SE to come to the slums of the SW?

Have you ever been to Enugu?

I ask again, do they have internet in the SE? Let an Enugu man come and defend his land, instead of these pretenders.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

LOL, so another Enugu champion that grew up in Lagos and was schooled in Ogun! Shame on you for lying about your home. The home that raised you even!

Why did your parents leave the paradise in the SE to come to the slums of the SW?

I ask again, do they have internet in the SE? Let an Enugu man come and defend his land, instead of these pretenders.

Kairoseki, you're losing it, man.
You should travel more, but until you do the Igbos will keep giving factual accounts of Yorubaland, while you keep asking ridiculous questions like "Is there internet in the South East?"
What next are you gonna ask "is Igbo a minority tribe in the SE"?
Already, I've met two of your kin who insist Ebonyi is in the SS, and I'm like WTF!
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

u are so dumb that u find it difficult 2 understand thngs, I schooled in ogun and abia, am frm abia state, I had my university education thr. U are stil very dumb 2 understand dat I hv been 2 virtually all states in southern nigeria, infact enugu state is one of these states I visit frequently since my school days, I hv sm1 thr. Chai, u won't understand, when u grow up, ur parents will leave u 2 visited places or u go for businesses bt 4 nw face ur studies. U dnt kw anywhr in nigeria so shut ur trap.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
customized13: u are so dumb that u find it difficult 2 understand thngs, I schooled in ogun and abia, am frm abia state, I had my university education thr. U are stil very dumb 2 understand dat I hv been 2 virtually all states in southern nigeria, infact enugu state is one of these states I visit frequently since my school days, I hv sm1 thr. Chai, u won't understand, when u grow up, ur parents will leave u 2 visited places or u go for businesses bt 4 nw face ur studies. U dnt kw anywhr in nigeria so shut ur trap.

passion007: Kairoseki, you're losing it, man.
You should travel more, but until you do the Igbos will keep giving factual accounts of Yorubaland, while you keep asking ridiculous questions like "Is there internet in the South East?"
What next are you gonna ask "is Igbo a minority tribe in the SE"?
Already, I've met two of your kin who insist Ebonyi is in the SS, and I'm like WTF!

You SW Igbos are funny.

I have probably travelled more than both of you combined. It is not my fault that you don't understand sarcasm.

I am currently in NY on business. And I will be the first to tell you that NYC is richer than Lagos. That is why I must come here for business.

That is a screenshot of Google Maps from my Iphone. It is 7am here.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
I uploaded a short video of my house in NY a while ago.

http://tinypic.com/r/118oaix/5

Go watch it. That is the second floor.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
I just re-uploaded it to youtube. It takes Youtube about an hour to process the video. When it is done I will post the link.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

You SW Igbos are funny.

I have probably travelled more than both of you combined. It is not my fault that you don't understand sarcasm.

I am currently in NY on business. And I will be the first to tell you that NYC is richer than Lagos. That is why I must come here for business.

SW Igbos? Oh Lord, am I laughing so hard?
You guys are a funny lot.
A few weeks ago, your people were up in arms against the existence of Igbo-Lagosians, and now you propose an even more expansive entity: SW Igbos.
Nigeria would be much ahead if you all believed that concept.
BTW You didn't need to go to great lengths to prove you're in NYC. You don't quite sound like the typical Yoruba tribalist, what with admitting that there are actually SW Igbos.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

You SW Igbos are funny.

lol!!!!!! This guy is a bigoted being, u think u cn freak us out with dat? Chai, so what's so the big deal wt goin 2 nyc, doing businees thr and using an iphone. So dat has made u travelled than me? Loooool, I won't come and me counting achievements here. 4 u 2 hv done this, it must be d 1st time u are travelling out and u think I wil praise u 4 dat? Lol, u dnt knw anywhr, both in nigeria and outside nigeria. Am through wt u.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
passion007:
SW Igbos? Oh Lord, am I laughing so hard?
You guys are a funny lot.
A few weeks ago, your people were up in arms against the existence of Igbo-Lagosians, and now you propose an even more expansive entity: SW Igbos.
Nigeria would be much ahead if you all believed that concept.
BTW You didn't need to go to great lengths to prove you're in NYC. You don't quite sound like the typical Yoruba tribalist, what with admitting that there are actually SW Igbos.

I only became a tribalist when I started using this site, and saw all the hate and lies directed at Yorubas.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
This is for you customized.

The second floor of my five story house in NY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtX2DFThjHA
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

I only became a tribalist when I started using this site, and saw all the hate and lies directed at Yorubas.
There's a grueling tussle here; I can't even let you win at being the victim. The Igbos here also turned tribalists from trying to resist the Yoruba onslaught.
So, it's another Egg-Chicken dilemma.

Nice to meet you, Kairoseki!

Edit: Nice house + great view. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
customized13: did smbody jst call ijebu-ode and shagamu cities?

Na y i dey laff dem nah.
None of dose shanties beta pass nsukka/Udi towns.

SW is one big slum part of nigeria.
Remember am stl talking abt places in enugu state o, cos if i talk abt anambra..........

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
customized13: lol!!!!!! This guy is a bigoted being, u think u cn freak us out with dat? Chai, so what's so the big deal wt goin 2 nyc, doing businees thr and using an iphone. So dat has made u travelled than me? Loooool, I won't come and me counting achievements here. 4 u 2 hv done this, it must be d 1st time u are travelling out and u think I wil praise u 4 dat? Lol, u dnt knw anywhr, both in nigeria and outside nigeria. Am through wt u.

u know dey dont travel nah.
Na y he dey excited.
*smh*
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
passion007:
There's a grueling tussle here; I can't even let you win at being the victim. The Igbos here also turned tribalists from trying to resist the Yoruba onslaught.
So, it's another Egg-Chicken dilemma.

Nice to meet you, Kairoseki!

Edit: Nice house + great view. cheesy

Nice to meet you Passion. Someone started this e-war long ago, and it is spreading to new people like a virus.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
dayokanu:

Is it that people are so dull?

Oyo is a wealthier state than Enugu no argument about that. only a dummy would argue that.

Instead of you to say the poverty in your land is chasing you away you dey argue here

Hausas bring beans to Yoruba land so whats the big deal with that

no, rather dey chanced u in the bringing -in business.
And poverty cudnt allow u to buy common beans.*smh*
they took over ur own mkt, abeg go and read d news and see how ur brothers lamented on sufferings they face at ibadan.
Yes, oyo has a higher gdp dan enugu, the former's economy made by foreign ventures ranging from agribiz to manufacturing; d oyo indigenes contributing a negligible input.
Enugu with lower gdp has richer citizens, a presentable capital, more indigenous industries and other enterprises. Beta villages than ur shanties,etc.
The joke is on u guys,biko.
How can everybody own more than u in ur own lands?
Talking abt laziness.
Go to lagos, d same tnz. U dont own much aside ur political jobbers.
Dayokanu, go and sleep biko.
High gdp with nothing to show for it is actually a shameful thing.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 1:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
dayokanu:

Slum capital yet your people wont stop flooding there on a daily basis.

Why would someone go to the slum capital? Its either they love slum life, Or the slum is better than whatever they have

u ppl are lazy to start up ventures nah.
So, we take up the job because we need the money. Thats y foreigners are there too.
Controlling common poultry businesses.
Yes, Ibadan is crappy.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
ketoprofen:

u ppl are lazy to start up ventures nah.
So, we take up the job because we need the money. Thats y foreigners are there too.
Controlling common poultry businesses.
Yes, Ibadan is crappy.

The way you are spilling lies is what made me create this thread.

The bigger an economy gets, the more diverse it becomes. This is simple economics and not a weakness. It is a strength.

Name one powerful country that does not have diverse ownership of it's businesses.

Lastly, the majority of the businisses in the SW are owned by Yorubas. Of this I am sure.

In most economies, the largest employer of labor is the small business sector. In the US, 70% of people work for small businesses. I am sure it is the same for Nigeria, and the SW in particular. That means that the overwhelming majority of SW peeps are employed by Yorubas that own small businesses. And I am talking pharmacies, small law firms, security firms, builders, etc, etc.

If Enugu really only has indigenenous businesses, that means that no one else wants to invest there. This is not something I'd want to advertise.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 2:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
Yoruba community alleges marginalisation in Enugu
By Emmanuel Nzomiwu, Reporter, Enugu

Yoruba community in Enugu State has cried out over what it described as total neglect and marginalisation by the present Enugu State government led by Sullivan Chime.

The aggrieved members of Yoruba community, who made their feelings public through their leader, Mr. Ade Johnson Adeyelu, regretted that the group which was formed in 1990 and registered under then Anambra State Government had never before now experienced marginalisation in the state.

Adeyelu said that his people voted for state government during the last general election and wondered why Chime’s government has since inception not cared for their welfare.

His words: “We have passed through series of military governors and military administrators down the line to the civilian governors.

Over these years, we have enjoyed some sort of patronage from the government, patronage in the sense that some Yorubas then were given the opportunity to be members of the Muslim Welfare Board. As a result of that they were given one or two slots to participate in Hajj Operations in Medina. From that 1990, down to when Chimaroke became governor, we still enjoyed the slots that were given to the Yoruba community in Enugu.

“There is no doubt we are facing a lot of problems in this state. We have not benefited anything from the present administration in Enugu State. We as a community we have participated in almost all the activities of the state. The last straw that broke the camel’s back was the present Hajj operation, which we recommended people to participate. But up till now, there is no single Yoruba man that belongs to the Yoruba community that was given any slot to participate in the Hajj operation.”

Adeyelu recalled that since governor Chime came on board, he had written about five letters seeking for audience with him, to let his government know the problems of the Yoruba community but unfortunately none of the letters was replied.

He also expressed disappointment that Chime does not care and had not asked leaders of non-indigenes in his state the problems their various groups are facing in the state, just as he regretted that the immediate past administration cancelled the allocation of land given to the Yoruba community to build its secretariat by the former military governor of the state, Navy Captain Mike Agbaje.

The secretariat, he said, would have served as a centre where the Yoruba cultural heritage would have been sold to the people, adding that all the promises of re-allocation of another land to the community made by the past administration, did not yield fruitful dividend until its tenure expired in 2007.

Besides, Adeyelu advised all members of the Yoruba community in the state to remain calm, law abiding and loyal not only to their host state but to the Federal Government as there is still hope for a better tomorrow for them.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/oct/26/410.html

no Yoruba in the east right? We're hear dealing with there scientific begging and you're on your laptop making noise. You're probably on Iweka road right now.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by saintdeby(m): 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
In Ibadan alone there are 6 LGAs, namely, Ibadan Central, Ibadan North, Ibadan North West, Ibadan South East, Ibadan South West and Oluyole.
you are wrong ibadan has 11 LG, not 6
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Chamackh(m): 7:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
Please oooo what's the meaning of OLOYIN BEANS? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
Chamackh: Please oooo what's the meaning of OLOYIN BEANS? Thanks in anticipation.
Well, Chamackh, I could tell you but Dozzybaba tells it better. wink

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

The way you are spilling lies is what made me create this thread.

The bigger an economy gets, the more diverse it becomes. This is simple economics and not a weakness. It is a strength.

Name one powerful country that does not have diverse ownership of it's businesses.

Lastly, the majority of the businisses in the SW are owned by Yorubas. Of this I am sure.

In most economies, the largest employer of labor is the small business sector. In the US, 70% of people work for small businesses. I am sure it is the same for Nigeria, and the SW in particular. That means that the overwhelming majority of SW peeps are employed by Yorubas that own small businesses. And I am talking pharmacies, small law firms, security firms, builders, etc, etc.

If Enugu really only has indigenenous businesses, that means that no one else wants to invest there. This is not something I'd want to advertise.

am strongly advertising that igboland has d highest conc of indigenous ventures ranging from soap manufacturing to cars!!!
Didnt i tell u igbos r too much?
If u think china is not dominated by chinese ventures, na u sabi
On d oda hand, its unarguable dat yorubalanf has non-yorubas contributing d majority of their gdp.
Dey have d highest conc of non indigenous ventures in nig because they are simple non-innovative and lazy.
Hence, other grps of ppl cum there to make more money for demselves.
D next thing, dey wl connive with their govt to think of what to do abt d situation.
But instead of d govt creating jobs to d ppl, they are made to join omo oniles and agberos.
*smh*
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
Seriously, my brothers, you guys need to quit this argument. Thank God that GEJ has called for SNC, the sooner this country breaks up, the better. It's time to think home and begin divesting in Lagos in particular, enough of this silly rants which has yielded unfounded lies and deceit. If they say Enugu is poor, ehhh na, so be it.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ikengawo: Yoruba community alleges marginalisation in Enugu
By Emmanuel Nzomiwu, Reporter, Enugu

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/oct/26/410.html

no Yoruba in the east right? We're hear dealing with there scientific begging and you're on your laptop making noise. You're probably on Iweka road right now.

the East is not for the faint hearted.
They really expect our govt to release stipends to dem .
And sb is disproving they are not lazy.
Which igbo man says fashola or so isnt giving him allocations in lagos?
Dis kind of cross country almajirism doesnt speak volumes of a region with a higher gdp dan enugu at all

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon / The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers / Edo Election: Thugs Chase Agents Of Other Political Parties From Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.