Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (31633 Views)

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable / An Open Letter To Senator Adetumbi - 'Enugu Is Not Bankrupt' / Enugu Is Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
manny4life:

Isn't your thinking retarded?

Tell me one city in the U.S. that Lagos is better than?

STOP comparing Lagos, pick comparable cities in Africa and let us see how they're migrating en masse...smh @ at flawed reasoning.

I didnt know you are this retardded.

A 2yr old knows there is more required to go to US than to go to lagos

Going to Lagos all that is required is your transport fare

Most cities in Africa, Europe, Asia and US require a Visa, Visa require special conditions like invitation or admission every Primary 1 pupil knows this.

If all you need to get into the US, SouthAfrica London etc is just your transport fare then you can make this moronnic postulation
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
dayokanu:

You just alluded to the fact that South East is a hell hole

How many Americans leave their country for Congo or even Mexico?

Even one of the Ibo posters on this thread is in Ogun, One said he lived in Ibadan. almost all the Ibos on this forum dont even live in their region because of its a Hell hole

Even from the 60's several Ibos fled their homeland because of the extreme poverty

Mention 2 cities in Enugu state outside of the state capital with a population of over 100,000

Oyo has Oyo, Ogbomoso, Saki etc

Osun has Ilesha, Ede, Ila

Ondo has Owo, Ondo

Ogun has Ijebu Ode, Sagamu, Ota, Agbara

Even Ekiti has Ilawe, Ikere etc

Fact is Enugu and the entire SE is a hell hole and extreme poverty pervades the whole place

nsukka and Udi do.
Nkanu esp since Esut was relocated to agbani.
Nwoke m, unu bu cowards. SE is not for faint hrts like u. U cant compete here.
The yorubas here are not doing impt tnz, just nominal jobs like civil service, some used to stay at ogbette market but have been evacuated to God knows where.
The hausas , same tnz. Largely cobblers, well diggers, small kiosk owners.
How do u expect ur lot to come here n compete with ibeto, innoson, chikason, d various transport companies, other manufacturers, academicians?
Guy , una no fit.
Igbos even go to SW to compete with oda igbo brodas sef , and not ur folks.
U ppl are losers already. Cowardice restricts u to dose poverty -tied regions of urs with of course 'high gdp'. Lwkmd!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
how can you people migrate "in droves" if they do NOT have transport money?

People (Igbos) are coming to Lagos to do business and you want to believe that they are migrating there due to "poverty" in the SE ...
lol. you no try at all... believe it if it makes you happy... but dig this about who the real poor and destitute people are concentrated...

From Tribune... "The Special Adviser to the governor on Youth and Social Development Dr. Dolapo Badru, who disclosed this at a ministerial briefing yesterday in Lagos, said 3,044 of the beggars arrested had been sent away in the last one year.

If you can add... sum up those beggars from the SW and sum up those from the SE.... remember Oyo and Osun are "wealthy" with high GDP.... high Gross Natural Poverty grin gringringringringringringringringringrin
Giving a breakdown of the statistics, Badru revealed that Sokoto State had the highest number of beggars with 196 arrested on Lagos streets, followed by Oyo State with 83, Kano State 75, Osun State 67, Ekiti 21, while Ondo State had seven.

Kairoseki77:
Lmao! Tell that to cashkid and your other brothers here that were begging us to believe that Igbos never come to the SW, just Lagos.

Like dayokanu stated, until we see Yoruba leaving their communities in droves to go to the East, we will ALWAYS know who is richer. Migration patterns don't lie. Same reason you see Nigerians fleeing to Europe in large numbers, but only see a trickle the other way around.

Face it. You could not feed yourself or your family operating solely in the SE, so you came to the SW because the economy is better.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Desolae... double post
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Lmao! Tell that to cashkid and your other brothers here that were begging us to believe that Igbos never come to the SW, just Lagos.

Like dayokanu stated, until we see Yoruba leaving their communities in droves to go to the East, we will ALWAYS know who is richer. Migration patterns don't lie. Same reason you see Nigerians fleeing to Europe in large numbers, but only see a trickle the other way around.

Face it. You could not feed yourself or your family operating solely in the SE, so you came to the SW because the economy is better.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
Pele... triple post
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
ketoprofen:

nsukka and Udi do.
Nkanu esp since Esut was relocated to agbani.
Nwoke m, unu bu cowards. SE is not for faint hrts like u. U cant compete here.
The yorubas here are not doing impt tnz, just nominal jobs like civil service, some used to stay at ogbette market but have been evacuated to God knows where.
The hausas , same tnz. Largely cobblers, well diggers, small kiosk owners.
How do u expect ur lot to come here n compete with ibeto, innoson, chikason, d various transport companies, other manufacturers, academicians?
Guy , una no fit.
Igbos even go to SW to compete with oda igbo brodas sef , and not ur folks.
U ppl are losers already. Cowardice restricts u to dose poverty -tied regions of urs with of course 'high gdp'. Lwkmd!

Whats the population of Udi? Whats the population of Nnsukka if you remove the UNN students?

Enugu is a hell hole everyone even Ibos avoid
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Another blatant lie you yourself doesn't believe in....
If its a hellhole as you said... how do you feel knowing that a hellhole is better than the SW?

if you believe that poor people are able to migrate... by plane, luxurious buses etc... then I can see where your lies are coming from and the reason... free very low standard education....
dayokanu:

Whats the population of Udi? Whats the population of Nnsukka if you remove the UNN students?

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2013
remark D: Another blatant lie you yourself doesn't believe in....
If its a hellhole as you said... how do you feel knowing that a hellhole is better than the SW?

if you believe that poor people are able to migrate... by plane, luxurious buses etc... then I can see where your lies are coming from and the reason... free very low standard education....

A lot of Somalians travel to the US, When it comes to fleeing from poverty in Alaibo, No amount is too much

Its get out or die inside
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by petrov10: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
Funny post ..........Apart from lagos , could anyone name a city finer than enugu ...............In d south west ?...............

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
This one that people are saying Lagos is finer than Enugu are forgetting about Mainland. Keep pretending VI and Lekki are Lagos are reflect the poverty 80% of the people in Lagos experience.

Enugu as a WHOLE is fine and civilized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUP9U2Gj3-Q
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 4:55am On Sep 22, 2013
These Igbo's need to stop crying on this thread. All of them here live in the SW.

I feel so bad for them. Just look at the GDP of Enugu compared to Borno State. It really is a shame.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 4:56am On Sep 22, 2013
petrov 10: Funny post ..........Apart from lagos , could anyone name a city finer than enugu ...............In d south west ?...............

This lie has been DESTROYED.

Go back to your brothers and come up with a new one.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 5:14am On Sep 22, 2013
What a shame is is that your people are starving with all their GDP and wealth...

Its a shame that there are way more beggars and mentally destitute people from the SW than in the SE... despite your wealth, I must add...

Its a shame that your oily head can't let some sense pass through to the brain... making you to feel Oyo/ Osun/ondo/Borno is wealthier than Enugu... from having a higher GDP

Its a shame that you are a shame!gringringringrin

Keep on feeling sorry for the SE... the joke is on you gringringringringringrin

Kairoseki77: These Igbo's need to stop crying on this thread. All of them here live in the SW.

I feel so bad for them. Just look at the GDP of Enugu compared to Borno State. It really is a shame.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 5:49am On Sep 22, 2013
remark D: What a shame is is that your people are starving with all their GDP and wealth...

Its a shame that there are way more beggars and mentally destitute people from the SW than in the SE... despite your wealth, I must add...

Its a shame that your oily head can't let some sense pass through to the brain... making you to feel Oyo/ Osun/ondo/Borno is wealthier than Enugu... from having a higher GDP

Its a shame that you are a shame!gringringringrin

Keep on feeling sorry for the SE... the joke is on you gringringringringringrin

The destitute come from other regions. I remember your people being very angry at some being sent back to you.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 6:35am On Sep 22, 2013
hahah... oh boy you no smart at all o... see how you come accept say nah lie you dey lie all the time...

in other words... no SW town fit match the coal city.... even saying it/typing Oyo and Enugu in the same sentence feels wrong 'cause you can't compare a slum city to a coal city...

Dey there dey lie to yaself while Igbos go dey troop to Lagos to do business ... before you fit say "Go back to y..." Igbos don over-run Lagos... dey begin dey deport una back to Osun, Oyo... and if space no dey... na SE them go send una make una go farm and do house boy/shoe-shiner and dem other small-small yard work....
grin gringringringringringringringrin
Kairoseki77:

This lie has been DESTROYED.

Go back to your brothers and come up with a new one.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ejiyke2007(m): 6:36am On Sep 22, 2013
wa
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 6:44am On Sep 22, 2013
remark D: hahah... oh boy you no smart at all o... see how you come accept say nah lie you dey lie all the time...

in other words... no SW town fit match the coal city.... even saying it/typing Oyo and Enugu in the same sentence feels wrong 'cause you can't compare a slum city to a coal city...

Dey there dey lie to yaself while Igbos go dey troop to Lagos to do business ... before you fit say "Go back to y..." Igbos don over-run Lagos... dey begin dey deport una back to Osun, Oyo... and if space no dey... na SE them go send una make una go farm and do house boy/shoe-shiner and dem other small-small yard work....
grin gringringringringringringringrin

One thing I never understood about this lie, is WHY are you comparing Enugu to Oyo?

Everytime I hear this claim, it is always followed by talk of Oyo. Am I missing something?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 8:43am On Sep 22, 2013
Yes, son: you are not just missing something, you are missing a lot of things!!!

I thought you opened this thread out of jealousy and hatred, but now i'm beggining to believe its cause you were not well educated... possibly its all 3 though... hate, jealousy & moronic syndrome.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you attend nursery school? and did you make it to primary school? (What? you don't know what that is?) Well, its also what we call elementary school?

Was it free?

I'll educate you more only this time, seeing how hard its been over 13 pages to get simple things/explanations into your slippery oily head.
(and umu Igbo, ka anyi gbachi okooko'a nkiti ka o zuzuwa n'onwe ya, ma obu ya and umu nna ya ndi iberibe nke ozo... maka o na ato ha uto nke ukwuuu ma anyi bia na asa-ha okwu... ikwu okwu na-ato ha ka sugar... so biko nu, he ga-acho ikwu ihe ga-araputa unu, mana unu gbachi ha nkiti, obughi mmadu ga-agwa ha gaa choo ihe ozo gbasara ndi Igbo ha ga etinye onu ozo... Chukwu gozie unu na mgbali unu ikwu eziokwu oga nile ha n'eweputa ashi nile di iche iche... )

Before we had states in Nigeria, during and post independence, wwe were in regions... 3 regions which were North, West and Eastern Nigeria...
(some events led to this formation changing, but you won't understand so when you grow up and mature a bit more you can try getting someone to explain it to you then ).
Then, the capital of the western region was.... Ibadan,
and the capital of the Eastern region was Enugu...

So what a lot of people are asking is.... howcome Ibadan is not as developed as Lagos, if as is claimed, the Yoruas were the ones that improved their Lagos to what it is today....

so Ibadan is the real proof of how wealthy, how developed, and how the Yoruba standard of living is faring in comparison to Enugu whom, as you say is very poor.... but people there are better fed... is very poor... yet Ibadan has more slums .... is very poor, yet it has a higher standard of living than Ibadan.

End of discussion, son. I am let ting you be... if you insist Enugu is poorer than any sW state (less Lagos)... I will agree with you to disagree on that... you may now have the last wordl

Peace out.

-Remark D.
(Well fed and does not take a dump in nylon bags or open gutters in public places as seen in Ibadan... )

Kairoseki77: 3 -

One thing I never understood about this lie, is WHY are you comparing Enugu to Oyo?

Everytime I hear this claim, it is always followed by talk of Oyo. Am I missing something?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 8:53am On Sep 22, 2013
remark D: Yes, son: you are not just missing something, you are missing a lot of things!!!

I thought you opened this thread out of jealousy and hatred, but now i'm beggining to believe its cause you were not well educated... possibly its all 3 though... hate, jealousy & moronic syndrome.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you attend nursery school? and did you make it to primary school? (What? you don't know what that is?) Well, its also what we call elementary school?

Was it free?

I'll educate you more only this time, seeing how hard its been over 13 pages to get simple things/explanations into your slippery oily head.
(and umu Igbo, ka anyi gbachi okooko'a nkiti ka o zuzuwa n'onwe ya, ma obu ya and umu nna ya ndi iberibe nke ozo... maka o na ato ha uto nke ukwuuu ma anyi bia na asa-ha okwu... ikwu okwu na-ato ha ka sugar... so biko nu, he ga-acho ikwu ihe ga-araputa unu, mana unu gbachi ha nkiti, obughi mmadu ga-agwa ha gaa choo ihe ozo gbasara ndi Igbo ha ga etinye onu ozo... Chukwu gozie unu na mgbali unu ikwu eziokwu oga nile ha n'eweputa ashi nile di iche iche... )

Before we had states in Nigeria, during and post independence, wwe were in regions... 3 regions which were North, West and Eastern Nigeria...
(some events led to this formation changing, but you won't understand so when you grow up and mature a bit more you can try getting someone to explain it to you then ).
Then, the capital of the western region was.... Ibadan,
and the capital of the Eastern region was Enugu...

So what a lot of people are asking is.... howcome Ibadan is not as developed as Lagos, if as is claimed, the Yoruas were the ones that improved their Lagos to what it is today....

so Ibadan is the real proof of how wealthy, how developed, and how the Yoruba standard of living is faring in comparison to Enugu whom, as you say is very poor.... but people there are better fed... is very poor... yet Ibadan has more slums .... is very poor, yet it has a higher standard of living than Ibadan.

End of discussion, son. I am let ting you be... if you insist Enugu is poorer than any sW state (less Lagos)... I will agree with you to disagree on that... you may now have the last wordl

Peace out.

-Remark D.
(Well fed and does not take a dump in nylon bags or open gutters in public places as seen in Ibadan... )

Ohhh. That's why you people keep mentioning Oyo. Thanks.

The rest of Nigeria has moved on from the civil war. It is only your region that spends so much time fixated on past decades. It's 2013. Stop dreaming about the past and improve your states. Stop making desperate comparisons between non-existent Eastern Nigeria and Western Nigeria.

The SW is more developed than your region, Oyo's economy is as large as the entire SE Nigeria, focus on that.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 9:01am On Sep 22, 2013
dayokanu:

let me start by saying dat am not arguing with u,cos there is no argument to start with ; am only educating u.
U mite be annoyed to know that most students in esut n unn are igbos. Nsukka is an entreport btw north and SS/SE, has huge population.
How do u think there wl be a sch environment in a certain place in d east without igbos rushing to dat place to spring up indigenous enterprises there.
We are not yorubas here o.

Y not go to nsukka,Agbani n udi urself other than making lazy insinuations.
Many employment opportunities abound in Udi esp 9th mile ,Ngwo ranging from breweries to factories.
We are talking of populations with better and literate ppl , not those ones in d shanty areas of Sw where 40percent are mad/mentally retarded, 42 are beggars, 2percent political jobbers while d rest are lazy civil servants

Or are u asking abt figures from census? Nonsense, many igbos refused to be counted in dat criminal census because nothing wl make dem reverse the north: south ratio.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Ohhh. That's why you people keep mentioning Oyo. Thanks.

The rest of Nigeria has moved on from the civil war. It is only your region that spends so much time fixated on past decades. It's 2013. Stop dreaming about the past and improve your states. Stop making desperate comparisons between non-existent Eastern Nigeria and Western Nigeria.

The SW is more developed than your region, Oyo's economy is as large as the entire SE Nigeria, focus on that.

u guys were d ones that highlighted oyo and enugu in the gdp list.
But den, oyo has poorer citizens ,disprove it.
2) the GDP is not made by yorubas but foreigners , so wat does dat tell u?
U are too lazy and cowardly to invest in ur own areas.
Common beans biz dem chance una.
U cant even buy beans just because of poverty.
High gdp my foot
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 22, 2013
dayokanu:

You just alluded to the fact that South East is a hell hole

How many Americans leave their country for Congo or even Mexico?

Even one of the Ibo posters on this thread is in Ogun, One said he lived in Ibadan. almost all the Ibos on this forum dont even live in their region because of its a Hell hole

Even from the 60's several Ibos fled their homeland because of the extreme poverty

Mention 2 cities in Enugu state outside of the state capital with a population of over 100,000

Oyo has Oyo, Ogbomoso, Saki etc

Osun has Ilesha, Ede, Ila

Ondo has Owo, Ondo

Ogun has Ijebu Ode, Sagamu, Ota, Agbara

Even Ekiti has Ilawe, Ikere etc

Fact is Enugu and the entire SE is a hell hole and extreme poverty pervades the whole place
did smbody jst call ijebu-ode and shagamu cities?

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 9:11am On Sep 22, 2013
ketoprofen:

let me start by saying dat am not arguing with u,cos there is no argument to start with ; am only educating u.
U mite be annoyed to know that most students in esut n unn are igbos. Nsukka is an entreport btw north and SS/SE, has huge population.
How do u think there wl be a sch environment in a certain place in d east without igbos rushing to dat place to spring up indigenous enterprises there.
We are not yorubas here o.

Y not go to nsukka,Agbani n udi urself other than making lazy insinuations.
Many employment opportunities abound in Udi esp 9th mile ,Ngwo ranging from breweries to factories.
We are talking of populations with better and literate ppl , not those ones in d shanty areas of Sw where 40percent are mad/mentally retarded, 42 are beggars, 2percent political jobbers while d rest are lazy civil servants

Or are u asking abt figures from census? Nonsense, many igbos refused to be counted in dat criminal census because nothing wl make dem reverse the north: south ratio.

Stop this nonsense and fantasy. I see you testing a new lie already (that all the businesses in Yorubaland are foreign owned).

You will never develop if your people are satisfied with mouth and chest beating alone. Give up the childish antics and get to work!
Too many of your people are living miserable lives in the SW. Help them by helping your region prosper. I am serious o!
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 9:12am On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Yes, you're still missing the stark reality that Oyo is the slum capital of West Africa:

"Ibadan, a running splash of rust...FLUNG and SCATTERED among seven hills"

Even one of our finest poets was nauseated by your capital 'city' that he had to write the above poem which became one of his oft-recited.
In simple prose, he was saying Ibadan is dirty (getting dirtier, hence a running splash), dilapidated, unplanned, and altogether uninhabitable. The fact that there are actually 'people' who live there is perhaps the eighth wonder of SW, Nigeria. That or Oyo people are well adapted to chronic severe poverty, filth, homelessness, almajirism, ritual killing, consanguineous r.ape, kid.napping, cholera outbreaks now and again, juju, and such other dehumanizing conditions, and yet you're here brandishing GDP figures...GDP, please!

BTW, did you hear Cocoa Building is falling down?
* snorts derisively *

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 9:15am On Sep 22, 2013
ketoprofen:

u guys were d ones that highlighted oyo and enugu in the gdp list.
But den, oyo has poorer citizens ,disprove it.
2) the GDP is not made by yorubas but foreigners , so wat does dat tell u?
U are too lazy and cowardly to invest in ur own areas.
Common beans biz dem chance una.
U cant even buy beans just because of poverty.
High gdp my foot

Is it that people are so dull?

Oyo is a wealthier state than Enugu no argument about that. only a dummy would argue that.

Instead of you to say the poverty in your land is chasing you away you dey argue here

Hausas bring beans to Yoruba land so whats the big deal with that
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 9:16am On Sep 22, 2013
customized13: did smbody jst call ijebu-ode and shagamu cities?

Better than any non state capital in Enugu state. Prove me wrong

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 9:18am On Sep 22, 2013
passion007: Yes, you're still missing the stark reality that Oyo is the slum capital of West Africa:*

Slum capital yet your people wont stop flooding there on a daily basis.

Why would someone go to the slum capital? Its either they love slum life, Or the slum is better than whatever they have

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 22, 2013
dayokanu:

Better than any non state capital in Enugu state. Prove me wrong
lol!!! See hw en dey console en self, even 9th mile is better than dat rathole ijebu-ode. Igbos are still making money thr, go 2 oyingbo, new market and oke-aje, igbos dey cheat dem collect money. Lol!!! Ijebu-ode, city? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 9:33am On Sep 22, 2013
customized13: lol!!! See hw en dey console en self, even 9th mile is better than dat rathole ijebu-ode. Igbos are still making money thr, go 2 oyingbo, new market and oke-aje, igbos dey cheat dem collect money. Lol!!! Ijebu-ode, city? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Mention anywhere in Enugu State outside of the capital thats even close to Ijebu Ode.

9th mile ko, 25 kilometer ni
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 22, 2013
customized13: did smbody jst call ijebu-ode and shagamu cities?
ijebu-ode city? Looooooooooooooooool!!! I cnt stop laffing. Looooooooooooool!!!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 9:48am On Sep 22, 2013
dayokanu:

Slum capital yet your people wont stop flooding there on a daily basis.

Why would someone go to the slum capital? Its either they love slum life, Or the slum is better than whatever they have
Listening to you, one might get the impression that 4 in 10 men in Oyo are Igbos.
Feel free to inflate the Igbo population in Oyo now that it serves your interest.
Also, your selective amnesia will be most helpful when the Igbo political clout begins to grow, at which time you'll claim there are barely any Igbos in Oyo. It's happened in Lagos already.
Anyway, your people love to assume any fair complexioned Nigerian must be Igbo. That's how a Yoruba coworker accused me of being too nice to a client because "he's your brother", when in fact, the fair-complexioned client was Yoruba. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Maiduguri Explosion: How Rockets Crushed 9 Boys On Football Field / Buhari, Ajimobi, Akiolu Make Last-minute Moves To Save Ambode. / Labour Party's Seyi Sowunmi Wins Ojo House Of Representatives Seat In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.