Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:26 AM

PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! (7279 Views)

Major General TY Buratai - Chief-of-army-staff To Buhari (photos) / NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges / Remain Of The Female Bomber In Damaturu After The Strike (very Gory Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by U1(m): 4:08pm On Jun 20, 2008
When dem no strike nko? Balderdash! What an enemy of progress these people (PHCN) are. Someone should let them know that I, as a person, would not miss them. angry lipsrsealed tongue
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by eiete(f): 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2008
cul dalex:

this sounds incredible

peaple that are suposed to layed onthe ground and given a thorough beaten

still have their mouth to talk embarassed

Let them. Afterall when they say they have been

working we have seen no evidence of that had work.

Strike or no strike there is still no regular power supply.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by culdalex(m): 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2008
at a particular time the derm fools came out with a pay as u go metter

where u have to pay so much for the little electricity consumed

all in the name of we want to be like the u.s.

U KNOW!!!  imagine the posibility of u using over TEN THOUSAND NAIRA phcn card in one single month.

imagine over a four bedroom flat
CAN YOU BEET THAT
ITS VERY PATHETIC

its almost better not having there so called PHCN in this country.

ITS SICKNING
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2008
AMEN grin cool cheesy wink kiss grin grin grin grin kiss tongue lipsrsealed
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by SkyBlue1: 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2008
If the government had any common sense they will use this strike as a means to properly privatise PHCN right now and enforce things like pre pay meter!!! Before strikes were threatened by PHCN workers against pre paid meters. This is a window of opportunity to implement ideas that were being stalled before and i suggest the government takes it.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by kaypound(m): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2008
this is patheic,  WHO gives a gives a hoot if they even exist,  ths is just similar to when the nigerian police threaten strike,  Who gives a f*%$k for them both,
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2008
shocked

But is there no PHCN Staff here to defend the notion  undecided   grin

I wish I were one! lipsrsealed
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by leeroywill: 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2008
PHCN, i dont even know where to start with this company.do people actually work there and if yes,what do they really do?do they come to work in the morning and go in the evening.do they get paid, if yes,then what are they paid for.in fact what is wrong with this institution called PHCN, christ, hisssssssssssssssss
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by teetee2(f): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2008
Dear friend, please let us contribute money for shua shua (bribe) to give them to go on strike.  I am even tired of phcn being exist.  Are they going to put fire on their building on marina street to allow sango to strike too with them. I just dey laugh when somebody told me today.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by BabaNee2(m): 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2008
Whether NEPA o, or PHCN, all i know is they ve eternally been on strike!

So, why threaten to now down tool. Eh ya, Bunch of Baba Suwe and Pappy Luwe rolled into one,
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2008
Baba Nee:

Whether NEPA o, or PHCN, all i know is they ve eternally been on strike! So, why threaten to now down tool.,

Oh No! You guys aren't getting it! I think they really want to Formalise it now, atleast be legally backed-up grin grin
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by amaikama(m): 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2008
Hmmmm!!! it just like leaving the cow and declaring state of emergency on the grass that does nothing but to grow. angry just a wasted generation!!!! cry
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by kokoye(m): 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2008
But is there no PHCN Staff here to defend the notion

u wicked o! how dem go get Internet access now ??
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Blatant: 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2008
what work exactly do the PHCN staff do?
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2008
kokoye:

u wicked o! how them go get Internet access now ??

This thread has just been sooooooo funny to me. Can't help laughing out loud.! Don't be surprise, dude if they use Generators too in their offices.  LOL.

Nigeria!
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2008
Good. They should go on strike, so that government can sell off their empty offices and use the money realized to buy diesel for generators.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by ubest1(m): 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2008
power holding company is a fool, there the worst company in this country and there are contributing to the down fall of this country, we should pray not for strick but for them to be banish for ever. to hell with power holding company, I mean all
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by stiyke(m): 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2008
Umm ,
Can i ask a question please?? what have they (PHCN) been doing?? i thought they been on strike
Please i wana know
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by aisida: 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2008
IT IS A SHAME ON OUR RULERS, DEMOCRACY IS NOT WHAT WILL SHOULD CELEBRITY AT BECAUSE LAST GOVERNMENT DID NOT DO ANYTHING ON THE PROJECT AND IT A SAME ON OUR PRESIDENT, GOVERNORS,AND THE REST GROUPS UNDER DEMOCRACY. WE HAVE MONEY BUT WILL DON'T WANT TO SPEND IT. WE GAVE GHANA LIGHT OVER THEIR COUNTRY AND THEIR IS LIGHT OVER BUT WHY IS IT NIGERIA ORDER COUNTRY ON THIS LIGHT SECTOR ARE OK WILL LIKE STEELING MONEY TO TRAVEL TO OTHER COUNTRY TO INVEST. OUR LEADER ARE ALL THIEF'S THEIR IS NO DIFFERENT BETWEEN THEM AND ARM ROBBER .
BUT I PRAY GOD WILL TAKE PERFECT CONTROL OF EVERY THING BECAUSE WILL DONT HAVE ANY POWER OVER THEM BUT THEY SHOULD KNOW WILL ARE THE ONE'S THAT VOTE FOR THEM AND WORDS WILL SAY ABOUT THEM CAN COME TO PASS .
IT IS BAD FOR NIGERIA TO SAY THIS WILL NOT KNOW AND DIFFERENT BETWEEN STRIKE AND NO STRIKE Bleep THEM .FROM THEIR PHCH PRESIDENT TO THE LAST WORK UNDER THEM
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by idris9090(m): 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2008
grin grin grin this is a very big joke grin grin grin
can't believe they were on duty all this while  shocked shocked shocked
i think is better they leave  undecided undecided undecided
probably they will be replace with better staffs cry cry cry
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by holythug(m): 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ post
wat difference does it make
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by fyneguy: 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2008
lol PHCN staff going on staff?

when someone told me I thought it was one of those jokes from night of a thousand laff.

well I dont want them to go on strike sha, people living around Ikorodu where power supply is stable will feel the impact. embarassed
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 20, 2008
Don't you think that news is fake?
Maybe it's a kind of April fool! Cos it's too ugly to be true
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Jeovy(m): 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2008
I thought they ve been on strike
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by gentlegg(m): 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2008
Hmm strike? It just baffles my brain if they had been working before.

Since they assume they've been working and yet no light, pls they should stop working (strike), probabbly there may be light then.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by shazenet(m): 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2008
na wa o! even people wey neva pay bill be4 dey laugh.una don 4get say no other set of paople go dey accept that bribe wey una dey give.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by vikiviko(m): 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2008
nepa or phcn going on strike is an understatement.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Esss(m): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2008
When PHCN goes on strike, the idea should be power outage in the entire nation.

Now that PHCN is going on strike, maybe the reverse would be the case since we already have no power supply.

GO PHCN, STRIKE FOR YOUR RIGHT ! ! ! ! ! grin grin grin
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by debosky(m): 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2008
The attempt at a strike is a curious one - the workers are claiming not to have been brought into the know about what the 'emergency' actually entails - a legitimate grouse yes, but strike?

They claim promotions and the like have been suspended since 2000, and that is not right, after all, if the government feels they are not doing their jobs properly, SACK them. The problems bedeviling the power sector is not largely manpower based - it is the unwieldy and impractical management set up, and the greed of higher placed officials in the organizations.

Workers should talk to government to include their input in the Power Emergency, but going on strike will affect very few right now, given the parlous state of things and will yield little or no sympathy from the general populace.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by saintneo(m): 7:37pm On Jun 20, 2008
Laughter!
I can't waste my laugh on PHCN. Even commenting on PHCN is very annoying.
I have seen some good Qs on this tread[b] "are they working"[/b]
PHCN is stand-by source of power. They are the cause of the dearth of our real industries. Making young people to do jobs they are not carved out for, Engineers, Lawyers, Scientists, Medical doctors, etc working in Banks and other Financial Intitutions just to make up for financial needs.
Guys, lets pray and work towards change in our power system.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Omolulu(m): 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2008
stiyke:

Umm ,
Can i ask a question please?? what have they (PHCN) been doing?? i thought they been on strike
Please i wana know

hahahahahahahahhahahaha
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by pastorking(m): 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2008
Oh Lord have mercy . But this should make Yaradua's job easier. I understand part of the "State - of - Emergency" to be declared in the power sector is "total overhauling of the PHCN staff" and replacing them with young and intelligent graduates. If they don't want to wait and be asked to go home at least with their pay- off, then good savings for the country. As per young graduates, just get prepared for this employment boom. I learnt more about N600 Billion has been approved for the Emergency Declaration. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo Decides :What's Happening In Your Area / Excerpts From Boko Haram: History, Ideas And Revolt By Comrade Shehu Sanni / US General Nominated To Counter-Terrorism In Nigeria, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.