Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) (33576 Views)

How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car / Help.......!,availability Of Spares For Passat 2.0T ( 2007 Model) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by CrownPrincehawk(m): 8:57am On Nov 13, 2019
When in similar trouble check Google it will give you clue. The information might not be 100% correct but it will give you options on how to solve the problem.

Before buying a car do take time to do background check on the car on Internet. Possible solutions on normal fault of the car always available.
Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by CrownPrincehawk(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2019
If your pocket isn't fat just go for Toyota or Nissan ( the mechanics full everywhere 4 9ja) Volkswaggen products na no go area unless u buy brand new one.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by ChiefSweetus: 10:20am On Nov 13, 2019
grin grin
Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by BamBamK: 11:18am On Nov 13, 2019
that guy should budget upwards of 1.5m for replacement of both engine n transmission minus labor cost n miscellaneous
zayidhs:

Currently, there are 3 nos 607 in my circle (2 in the family & one with a friend). The youngest is about 16 months old.

The only issues we faced is one (Z8) that had two failed coils on a journey. Then the other one (Z9) had oil leaking from its Timing Control Solenoid Valve which caused limp mode but we replaced with brand new one and a missing fog lamp chrome.

I have a PP2000 I scan with, we only use recommended engine and gear oils (from Total & from PAN respectively).

We buy original parts directly from PAN Kaduna.

Oh, and we don't let any roadside mechanic destroy our cars. We tell him what to do and procedures to follow.

In all the cars belonging to me & my family members (Toyotas, Lexus, Hondas, Mercedes, BMW, Peugeots, Dodges, VWs, an Audi, a Hyundai and a Nissan), the cheapest oil we've used is Total Quartz 9000. We use US imported Mobil1, imported Castrol, Liqui Moly etc.

Same goes for gear oil (with exception to Peugeot gearboxes which we buy from PAN Kaduna).

Brake fluid minimum used is total dot 4 brake fluid.

Coolant & steering fluid all same.

Thermostats all in place and tested at intervals.

Cooling systems not abused ie fan still on automatic.

OBDII & PP2000 also on point (though standard OBDII scanner is generic, it still serves purpose).

First port of call is to scan,
then search on forums,
then speak to renowned, experienced and mordenized/knowledgeable guys on forums internationally and locally,
Then go through service manuals & guides,
and then finally go with all this information & supervise my mechanic on what to do.

My mechanic has benefited so much, he doesn't argue with me & calls me about issues with other cars.

He used to always be watching wrestling on YouTube but now, he's always watching important videos like Scotty Kilmer and ton of others I introduced to him.

There was a time he told me "baba, I have destroyed a lot of people's cars in ignorance I don't know if God will forgive me".
[b]
That's how a few days ago I saw a 2010 Lexus is350 serviced with Mobil superXHP & abro ATF.
[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by Deepfreezer(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2019
Jeeeeez! Jeeeez!! Jeeeeeez!!! Jooooeeeel why? Why? Why? Why na of all people na u fall mugu to this kind thing? Joel wait u sure say no be winch the people wey sell this motor plus the mechanic wey butcher this motor use confuse you? Seee sweeet efizi motor wey dey very fuel efficient na I'm you dumb mechanic butcher with him leprosy hand. I no know wetin to say. Na wetin u dey think wen d mechanic dey CONVERT "TREVNOC" (since the mumu mechanic reverse engineer the motor na TREVNOC we go call am) this ride. If you of all people could fall prey to this then I would say it in grief that this is surely an "end time work" when men of great knowledge are misguided thoroughly. Infact. If I managed to read well (I was very angry and burning with rage n fury when I read the story) the fO0l TREVNOC a computer controlled injector to a carburettor and u dey there dey watch am. Its akin to having a meat seller or butcher perform surgery on a sick person with his crude tools n experience.

I'm totally disappointed, this isn't a laughing issue cos u have wasted substantial amount and you must waste some more infact I'm offended. I give up! I give up. Kilode wetin. Haba wich kind juju d dealer n d mechanic use 4 u?
angry
didn't you read where he said this happened in 2008? Don't you think he may not have the kind of experience he has now then? I've made similar mistake in the past, but now I know better.
Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by Deepfreezer(m): 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2019
yvelchstores:
Lol, this same car my husband sold 270k and came home, knelt down and said "thank you Jesus" this was after spending over, 700k repairing this and that. It was such a relief.
LOOOOOLS
Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by fabienjoe: 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
musicwriter:
My first car, ford scopio did similar thing to me. However, nothing was initially wrong with the car, until one day I unfortunately ran out of fuel completely and the car had to be pushed. Once pushed, the car became mad.

I had to also change ''brain box'' and all that. I spent a lot of money but the car won't just be fixed, so I decided it doesn't worth it. I then decided to sell it at any price to anybody who needed it. It was in the mechanic shop for almost a year and nobody bought it. A friend of mine said he needed it and I told him I can give it to him for free but I warned him that the car would make him poor. He withdrew.

Eventually, someone bought it for N120,000. I used it for just about a year or so before the problem began. That was 2005 or thereabout. This incident has caused me not to like ford cars. But I heard their jeep is ok.

....there you go again....
Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by fabienjoe: 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
oglalasioux:

You said baby passat and you are showing this picture?

If you are not ready to replace bad spare parts, don't buy a passat. Passat is a luxury car. If you understand that one factor, you won't have a problem with it. But if you want to use cheaper manageable spare parts for it, you'll suffer.

Passat is not a luxury car, but that doesn't mean you should throw inferior parts at it.
Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by InvertedHammer: 4:17am On Nov 14, 2019
/
Some advised Joel3 to put another engine in the vehicle. The Tokunbo engine will come from another Passat. Right? The best bet is to avoid that Passat or dump it and count your losses.

When many people start selling the same kind of vehicle at giveaway prices, know that something major is wrong with the particular model. I have never heard any good stories about this model of Passat or BMW 7 series. Throw in the good omniscient Kazeem into the picture, the owner starts writing books of Lamentations.
/
Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by searchng4love: 4:35am On Nov 14, 2019
MedicH:

Readily available, shikini money, mechanics sabi the work wella. Thats the issue.
Hmmm you're a comedian. 350-450k is shikini moni?
Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by MedicH: 7:17am On Nov 14, 2019
searchng4love:

Hmmm you're a comedian. 350-450k is shikini moni?

The op buy engine for Audi to put in Vw and at 90% completion it was a waste of time. Imagine the frustration.
Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by searchng4love: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2019
MedicH:

The op buy engine for Audi to put in Vw and at 90% completion it was a waste of time. Imagine the frustration.
Ignorance is not an excuse

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by legalwealth(m): 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
zayidhs:

Currently, there are 3 nos 607 in my circle (2 in the family & one with a friend). The youngest is about 16 months old.

The only issues we faced is one (Z8) that had two failed coils on a journey. Then the other one (Z9) had oil leaking from its Timing Control Solenoid Valve which caused limp mode but we replaced with brand new one and a missing fog lamp chrome.

I have a PP2000 I scan with, we only use recommended engine and gear oils (from Total & from PAN respectively).

We buy original parts directly from PAN Kaduna.

Oh, and we don't let any roadside mechanic destroy our cars. We tell him what to do and procedures to follow.

In all the cars belonging to me & my family members (Toyotas, Lexus, Hondas, Mercedes, BMW, Peugeots, Dodges, VWs, an Audi, a Hyundai and a Nissan), the cheapest oil we've used is Total Quartz 9000. We use US imported Mobil1, imported Castrol, Liqui Moly etc.

Same goes for gear oil (with exception to Peugeot gearboxes which we buy from PAN Kaduna).

Brake fluid minimum used is total dot 4 brake fluid.

Coolant & steering fluid all same.

Thermostats all in place and tested at intervals.

Cooling systems not abused ie fan still on automatic.

OBDII & PP2000 also on point (though standard OBDII scanner is generic, it still serves purpose).

First port of call is to scan,
then search on forums,
then speak to renowned, experienced and mordenized/knowledgeable guys on forums internationally and locally,
Then go through service manuals & guides,
and then finally go with all this information & supervise my mechanic on what to do.

My mechanic has benefited so much, he doesn't argue with me & calls me about issues with other cars.

He used to always be watching wrestling on YouTube but now, he's always watching important videos like Scotty Kilmer and ton of others I introduced to him.

There was a time he told me "baba, I have destroyed a lot of people's cars in ignorance I don't know if God will forgive me".

That's how a few days ago I saw a 2010 Lexus is350 serviced with Mobil superXHP & abro ATF.

The bolded made me to shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 17, 2019
legalwealth:

The bolded made me to shocked shocked shocked

I tried talking to the owner but he told me he's been using it on all his cars and none has any issue.

��
Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by Eddee(m): 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
zayidhs:

I tried talking to the owner but he told me he's been using it on all his cars and none has any issue.

��

For now!

I will always posit that mineral oils should only be used in an engine that is nearing its useful life pending rebuild or outright replacement.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by legalwealth(m): 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
zayidhs:

��

He will know what is up with time plus he won't get best out of the car! !!

I dare not use it for my own same Lexus Es 350 2010 because I so much cherish it! !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) by nifee: 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2020
I can relate to this bro
Smart alaba opened my eyes to the fraudulent dealings of my auto mechanic who used to buy cheap and fake parts that never last.

You are probably wondering "what is Smart alaba?"
They are a very reliable plug for Car parts. They are authentic auto-parts dealers dedicated to sourcing only genuine parts of all car makes & models directly from their wholesalers. They only source the highest quality products and their prices beat the retail prices you know and are used to.

check them out at https://www.smartalaba.com/
onward4life:

So sorry bro

in 2017 I drove with a friend in his Mitsubishi jeep to wan under tree angrywar shop for just minor repairs! Dat wud hav taken like up to 3 to 4 days.. But honestly dat car later turn to bench 4 ppo wey wan rest, eat or nap and was eventually towed after 7months.

I almost plan bad 4 d mechanic dat was always demanding for more money Wen even he was confronted....

My Friend swore not to use anything apart from Toyota brands.

Bro Abeg go swear allegiance wit Toyota

Make yu know say yu Don join Bad gang....

Mechanic dey make me fear motor dat period my guy almost use his marriage money buy car parts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Review Of Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet: Linda Ikeji's 2019 Dream Car / 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know / Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.