Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3483007 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Michaelshow: 4:59am On Jan 23, 2020
Morning my ppl. Thank you all for the help yesterday. cuz I successfully applied for Bsc Physics to 200level.
Pls give me details about ways of receiving lectures and their exams . And also will the Bsc certificate be accepted in other institutions for Msc Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Teddyg2(m): 6:23am On Jan 23, 2020
Definitely
It just a word of encouragement
And believe you can get the grade, you desire for

Ribasandez:

The part where you said A is guaranteed, that one is not true o.

Let's be factual here. You can write a mindblowing project report and still get a B or C. Your supervisor can also be unfair- After praising your report and saying it's the best they've ever seen, they give u another grade. Project is just something else.

What I believe is, do your best, and pray to God.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by frexarik: 6:51am On Jan 23, 2020
Please House I need Project score sheet to submit to my supervisor (Computer science ) Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Teddyg2(m): 7:14am On Jan 23, 2020
I have the printed copy, but if I scan it to you, is not that good like the original one they will give you in the SC.
So go to the SC

frexarik:
Please House I need Project score sheet to submit to my supervisor (Computer science ) Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:43am On Jan 23, 2020
frexarik:
COLLECT FROM YOUR FACULTY OFFICER!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:53am On Jan 23, 2020
Blissbath:
Pls wat are d requirement for nursing science admission??
(BNSc) Bachelor of Nursing Science
Admission Requirements
1. Admission available for 100 Level only.

2. A minimum of 5 credits in O' levels.

3. Compulsory courses required in O'levels are Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics .

4. Registered Nurse Licence/Certificate is required.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 8:05am On Jan 23, 2020
INFORMATION FOR NEW STUDENTS INTRODUCTION

ORIENTATION PROGRAMME
Student orientation programme is done at their various Study Centres. All fresh students are required to undergo an orientation programme prior to their registration. The programme is intended to acquaint the students with the whole range of services and privileges available to them as well as their responsibilities as members of an academic community. Regulations require satisfactory completion of the orientation before matriculation in the University.

REGISTRATION
The University’s registration system is computerized and so most of
the registration exercise is online. Each student is provided with
internet access, user name and password to log on the registration portal of the University website.
For fresh students, the registration procedures include participation in
interview and screening exercise where credentials are screened for authenticity. It also includes payment of relevant fees for both fresh
and returning students. The University’s academic year comprises of
two semesters. Each student is assigned an academic adviser during
the registration exercise in the Department. It is important for students
to get proper advice from their assigned Academic Adviser, regarding the number and relevance of the courses to register for.
To be accepted as a bonafide student, eligible to attend lectures as the case may be and take examinations, the student must duly register within the stipulated period for all prescribed courses at the beginning of each semester. Any student who fails to duly register within the specified time period will pay a late registration fee. This concession
is only for the period approved for the late registration.

DEFERMENT OF ADMISSION
Is entertained only based on university policy and conditions such could be when a student falls sick or suffers an accident after registering for a programme in the University. Such a student would apply with relevant medical report to the Dean of his/her Faculty through the Head of the Department for deferment of a semester or
sessions as the case may be to enable him/her fully recover. To defer admission, you are required to write to the Registrar though the Study Centre Director with evidence of your admission and course registration.

CHANGE OF PROGRAMME AND COURSE
Student process change of courses via their respective study centres.
The students download the required form via their Study Centres and process it through their respective Study Centres.

REGISTERED STUDENTS WHO WISH TO CHANGE THEIR PROGRAMME OF STUDY
Registered Students who wish to change their Programme of Study
process it via their respective study centers. The students download the required form via their Study Centres and process it through their
respective Study Centres.

NEW STUDENTS WHO WERE WRONGLY ADMITTED TO A PROGRAMME
Students who were wrongly admitted to a programme can seek
counsel from the school counselor.

CHANGE OF REGISTERED COURSES THROUGH “ADD/DROP”
PROVISION

A Student who wants to make changes to his/her registered courses
after completion of his/her registration shall do so on prescribed
Add/Drop forms. This provides students’ the opportunity to delete
(drop), add or substitute courses he/she has previously registered for
during the current registration exercise. The change(s) become
effective after approval by the HOD. Under no circumstance should a
student just abandon a course he/she has registered for or attend lectures and/or sit for examinations of course(s) for which he/she has not duly registered without first having his/her change(s) approved
through the Add/Drop forms.

OPENING AND CLOSING OF THE COURSE REGISTRATION PORTAL
The registration portal opens at the beginning of every semester and closes before the commencement of continuous assessment. Once the portal is closed, you will not be able to register for courses for the semester until it opens again for the next semester. This means that students who were unable to register for their courses before the closure of the course registration portal are Not Eligible to take the
TMA and examinations for the course(s).

COURSE RE-REGISTRATION
You are not allowed to re-register for a course that you have already
passed.

EXAMINATION
Each academic staff prepares questions based on available materials.
More often than not, senior members of staff internally moderate items and marking schemes prepared by junior ones and enlighten them the more with regards to phraseology, clarity and content of each course. Then the questions are passed on to the examination coordinator for the Faculty, who then sends them to the Directorate for Examinations and Assessment of the University.
The academic staff and, in some cases, invited experts in relevant fields, prepare both tutor-marked assessment (TMA) questions and end of semester examination (ESE) questions. These are further internally moderated with the accompanying marking schemes before they are given to the students. The TMAs are 3 in number; students are required to answer all and have them graded. The TMAs
constitute 30% of the course final grade and also serve as the continuous assessment for the course. The question papers for the
final year students are moderated by an external examiner before the questions are administered. The end of semester exams (ESE) constitutes 70%. Apart from the earlier examinations conducted in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 respectively, all recent ESE for the 100 and 200 level students have been conducted online. The conduct of the end of semester examination is usually carried out at the
various study centres. The University has in place guidelines for conduct of examinations. Results are issued after Senate ratification of the semester results.

TUTOR-MARKED ASSIGNMENTS (TMA)
Continuous assessments in NOUN are automated in the form of computer-marked assignments and are administered online. They are uploaded onto students‟ portals subject to the students‟ registration for the course. The TMAs comprise four (3) sets of 10 Multiple
Choice Questions (MCQ), totaling 30 MCQs. Students are expected to answer all the question items. They can access the TMAs in their
portals from any location via the Internet. The four (3) TMAs are automatically graded upon submission and you receive feedback on their performance in form of a score. The TMA
is an important component, constituting 30% of the final score in a course. It is important to note that any student without TMA
scores will not have any score for that course.

END OF SEMESTER EXAMINATIONS
Two types of examinations are employed at the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). They are the eExaminations and the
Pen-on-Paper (PoP) examinations. The examinations are conducted at the end of every semester at the Study Centres or any other location as may be arranged by the Study Centres. For undergraduate and postgraduate students,
the examinations account for 70% of the total score for the course.

THE e-EXAMINATION
This a computer-based examination administered at 100 and 200 levels only. The examinations comprise MCQs and Fill- in- the Gaps
(FBQs) question types. The number of questions per course is according to the credit units of a course.

THE PEN ON PAPER (POP) EXAMINATIONS
PoP examinations are written based examinations administered in a face-to-face context to 300 level students and above. The number of questions per course is according to the credit units of the course.

OPENING AND CLOSING OF EXAMINATION PORTAL
As it is for course registration, students must also register for examinations they wish to undertake. The portal for examination registration opens alongside the course registration portal. Students
who do not register for examinations will not be allowed to write examinations in the relevant course.

SEMESTER
NOUN offers two semesters of study per year.

RE-MARKING OF SCRIPTS
The University has put a policy in place to guide requests for remarking of scripts and re-computation of results. The provisions of
this policy can be found on “Policy of Re-Marking of Students’ Examination Scripts and Re-computation of Results” For instance,
a student who wishes to request for the re-marking of his/her script(s) must appeal within 30 days from the date of publication of the results.
There is a fee per course for this service. Students
should familiarise themselves with the procedures before making
requests for the re-marking of their scripts.

STUDY CENTRES
Study Centres are central to the students‟ learning activities in open
and distance learning context. They are the first stop for specific information about your degree programme. NOUN has over seventy
Study Centres spread across the country that are equipped with
facilities and support services such as library, computers, reading
facilities, and student counselors. Students are encouraged to make use of these facilities and services at their Study Centres.

CORE/COMPULSORY COURSE
A core or compulsory course is one which every student must compulsorily take and pass in any particular programme at a particular level of study.

ELECTIVE COURSE
An elective is a course that students take within or outside the faculty.
Students may graduate without passing the course provided the minimum credit unit for the course had been attained.

✔Compulsory courses are courses which must be offered and passed before graduation. These courses are marked compulsory or ‘C’ in the list of courses to be registered each semester. They must be registered before registering any elective courses.
✔Elective courses are courses which a student chose from a number of optional courses in the list
of courses of the semester.
Electives are courses you can choose, while compulsory courses are the ones you must study to
complete your degree. Electives, when added to the compulsory courses, make up the total number of units needed to complete your degree. Elective courses are usually labeled Elective of ‘E’.

MISHA CARES smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blissbath(f): 8:28am On Jan 23, 2020
Hw about Bsc degree??tank uu
Samisha500:

(BNSc) Bachelor of Nursing Science
Admission Requirements
1. Admission available for 100 Level only.

2. A minimum of 5 credits in O' levels.

3. Compulsory courses required in O'levels are Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics .

4. Registered Nurse Licence/Certificate is required.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:11am On Jan 23, 2020
Blissbath:
Hw about Bsc degree??tank uu
ITS THE SAME MA.
BNSc - BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:21am On Jan 23, 2020
Rdduite:
My humble experience are like this, after presenting my screening certificates for PDGE screening, my study center counselor wrote cleared on my credentials & asked me to make 3 copies each of the credentials then wait until 27th Feb before I will be given a Matric Number. Then I can proceed to register my courses.

My question now is:

1) Why wait till Feb 27th before I can become an eligible student?

2) What is really keeping me from receiving a Matric Number after my successful screening?

3) I know time is not my friend & I should be studying by now, Where can I get study materials even though am yet to register for any course.

4) what are the course I will register for PDGE first semester so that i can start early to sort out materials & prepare myself?
Please, don't wait till 27th February to get matriculation number. It is not logical. Go there by first week of February. By then everything should be very OK. If u wait till end of February, remember registrations will close in March.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blissbath(f): 9:22am On Jan 23, 2020
Dont d require bsc in oda field to be consider for admission?
Samisha500:

ITS THE SAME MA.
BNSc - BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:33am On Jan 23, 2020
Blissbath:
Dont d require bsc in oda field to be consider for admission?
The Nursing License is part of the requirements. With other field of study, you cannot have the license.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blissbath(f): 9:44am On Jan 23, 2020
Okk,tanks.No need to apply
Enskynelson:

The Nursing License is part of the requirements. With other field of study, you cannot have the license.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HumorMe(m): 10:36am On Jan 23, 2020
*NOUN IN SAN FRANCISCO IS A PLATFORM DESIGNATED FOR HOME BASED NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS AND ALSO NOUN STUDENTS IN DIASPORA *

*ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ADMISSION or HAVE A NOUN ASPIRANT?*

*NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA �� ADMISSION FORM IS OUT*

*ADMISSION WITHOUT JAMB.�ISN'T THAT INCREDIBLE?*

*✅APPLY FOR AN UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME.*

*✅APPLY FOR A POST GRADUATE PROGRAMME.*

*✅APPLY FOR A PHD PROGRAMME.*

*IF YOU ARE ALREADY STUDYING WITH US YOU CAN AS WELL CONTACT US FOR*

✅ SEMESTER REGISTRATIONS

✅ PORTAL ACTIVATION

✅ COURSES & EXAMS REGISTRATIONS

✅ PORTAL MANAGEMENT AND OTHER NOUN RELATED ACTIVITIES

*CHAT ME UP FOR MORE DETAILS....*

*DISTANCE IS NOT A BARRIER*
Call: *07085777245*
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 23, 2020
I presently just surfed the web for Pgd handbooks and there are none. Does anyone know if NOUN has a handbook for pgd and masters students?

And if so, how can one gain access to them? It's like NOUN forgot to cater for the needs of Pgd and Masters students.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sgd: 11:52am On Jan 23, 2020
Softlinks consults offer affordable data analysis for your research works. Contact 08118539897 today for quality data analysis service delivery

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
UPDATE!!!

Screening Of New Student Has Started Today. Let Every New Admitted Students In 2020 Go Back To Their Various Study Centre For
MATRIC NUMBER

MISHA CARES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounonline: 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2020
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by studentarrive: 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tikristinimi21: 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
People of God. I am finding it difficult to log into my portal o.please what can I do! Password reset isn't successful
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Teddyg2(m): 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
What is the error message

tikristinimi21:
People of God. I am finding it difficult to log into my portal o.please what can I do! Password reset isn't successful
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tikristinimi21: 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
Teddyg2:
What is the error message

Thank you.The error message is incorrect username or password2

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
NOTICE! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mintmind: 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
Goodevening, please how can i pay my tuition fees after screening?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tikristinimi21: 8:37pm On Jan 23, 2020
Anthonyo15:
NOTICE! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!!

Thank you sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:52pm On Jan 23, 2020
mintmind:
Goodevening, please how can i pay my tuition fees after screening?

Follow these steps:

- Click on e-wallet
- Generate remita number
- In the next page, type the amount you want to pay in the Amount without the comma and naira sign, e.g 40000
- Select Bank Branch as Payment Type
- Click pay

It will redirect you to Remita page where you will see the RRR code.
- Copy the RRR number and take it to the bank to pay with the money

I advise you use bank branch if you have not used internet banking to pay before.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 23, 2020
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Thedrunkpunter: 10:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Thedrunkpunter: 10:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
Please will any graduating list be released this year before the convocation?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
Thedrunkpunter:
Please will any graduating list be released this year before the convocation?
YES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
CHANGE OF STUDY CENTRE!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Teddyg2(m): 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
That means is from your end, try and reset the password or visit the IT office in your SC

tikristinimi21:

Thank you.The error message is incorrect username or password2

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 300wayne and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.