Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3477545 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thopesy: 9:59am On Mar 22
Also, I am seeing 100 level courses in my list of outstanding courses. Am I supposed to take 100 level courses as a Direct Entry student?

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:13am On Mar 22
thopesy:

Hi chief.

While going through my registration documents, I noticed I write 1987 as DOB in my Biodata form instead of 1985. What can I do to amend this. I registered in 2015 and I’m currently in 400 level

Also, I will like to know how many GST courses are compulsory for someone who started at 200 Level (Direct Entry)

God bless you
For your DOB, you to go to your Study Centre. Write for correction of DOB and attach your Brith Cert or Declaration of Age.
The only 100L GST compulsory for DE 200L is GS107 now NIU107. If you have done GST107 and you see NOU107 in your portal, kindly ignore as both are the same.
All the best.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:14am On Mar 22
thopesy:
Also, I am seeing 100 level courses in my list of outstanding courses. Am I supposed to take 100 level courses as a Direct Entry student?
Kindly ignore the 100L courses except for GST/NOU107
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thopesy: 1:14pm On Mar 22
Enskynelson:

For your DOB, you to go to your Study Centre. Write for correction of DOB and attach your Brith Cert or Declaration of Age.
The only 100L GST compulsory for DE 200L is GS107 now NIU107. If you have done GST107 and you see NOU107 in your portal, kindly ignore as both are the same.
All the best.

Thank you. I can do this after the semester examination right?

I am also wondering why my portal shows 100 level while my result page shows 400 level. Should I be worried?

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 4:51pm On Mar 22
thopesy:

Thank you. I can do this after the semester examination right?

I am also wondering why my portal shows 100 level while my result page shows 400 level. Should I be worried?
Check your results on the support site. If ENTRY LEVEL shows DIRECT there is no need to worry. For every student, the courses in 100L will still show provided you go there to check the courses. The query or complaint you sent via the support ticket got the staff confused as it was not really clear.
If you like be a 300L DE student. If you to check 200L courses, they will appear on your portal. All that matters is the entry level to be correct on your portal. Check your portal Nouonline.net for your entry level too.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Seyipa(m): 3:20pm On Mar 23
Good day, I am a recent graduate of Bsc (Edu) Mathematics from Abuja Model Study Center. My name is on current admission list and I am done with final clearance. Awaiting convocation and collection of certificate. I applied for Msc. Information Technology in NOUN same study center. Please how to I get the transcript to my study center for verification. And will I be given matriculation number this semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 4:20pm On Mar 23
Seyipa:
Good day, I am a recent graduate of Bsc (Edu) Mathematics from Abuja Model Study Center. My name is on current admission list and I am done with final clearance. Awaiting convocation and collection of certificate. I applied for Msc. Information Technology in NOUN same study center. Please how to I get the transcript to my study center for verification. And will I be given matriculation number this semester
NOUN alumnus don't need transcripts. That is the standing rule. You however have to present Statement of Result to support the Masters Admission. The SOR can be gotten at the Head Office in Jabi since u are in Abuja. Applying online can take 2 weeks or more before u receive it in your email.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 8:38pm On Mar 23
Dear Enskynelson, good evening brother.
Pls I need clarification on NOU807 a.k.a GST807. Will the CBT exam of it be taken during our P.O.P exam? Or we will have to wait till when CBT exam will start after pop.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:26pm On Mar 23
mistiking:
Dear Enskynelson, good evening brother.
Pls I need clarification on NOU807 a.k.a GST807. Will the CBT exam of it be taken during our P.O.P exam? Or we will have to wait till when CBT exam will start after pop.
It is an e-exams. OBJ and Fill in the Gap questions. Don't study for general knowledge but study to remember the key words.
The exams will be in E-Exams period after the POP.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 9:35pm On Mar 23
Enskynelson:

It is an e-exams. OBJ and Fill in the Gap questions. Don't study for general knowledge but study to remember the key words.
Wow, thanks very much bro
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thopesy: 2:36am On Mar 24
When is registration closing?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Carsprayer22: 5:01pm On Mar 24
Good evening
Please i need clarification on NOUN.

When does the registration for Bsc starts
How much does school fee cost
Can one register himself?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Carsprayer22: 5:02pm On Mar 24
Enskynelson:

Please can i speak with you on Phone ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:08pm On Mar 24
Carsprayer22:

Please can i speak with you on Phone ?
My email is available on my profile
Let's start from there sir.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thopesy: 12:29am On Mar 25
Enskynelson:

Check your results on the support site. If ENTRY LEVEL shows DIRECT there is no need to worry. For every student, the courses in 100L will still show provided you go there to check the courses. The query or complaint you sent via the support ticket got the staff confused as it was not really clear.
If you like be a 300L DE student. If you to check 200L courses, they will appear on your portal. All that matters is the entry level to be correct on your portal. Check your portal Nouonline.net for your entry level too.

Entry mode: Open

I don’t know what that means

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thopesy: 12:31am On Mar 25
Main login page

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:34am On Mar 25
thopesy:

Entry mode: Open

I don’t know what that means
This means 100L entry level. Yours should be DIRECT entry level. This can affect your graduation as they will be expecting you to clear those 100L courses.
You need to write the academic registry (I think) through your study Centre Director. Attach a copy of your admission letter and credentials that qualifies you for the DE. It will be fixed.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 4:50pm On Mar 25
COURSE/EXAM REGISTRATION AND ADMISSION EXTENDED TILL APRIL 21, 2024.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by teenagersave: 11:04pm On Mar 25
https://havascake.com/#/pages/register/index?ref=8640171

Click the above link and make money easily

You can reach me on 07064419386 for any questions (WhatsApp)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Rogersmith(m): 7:15am On Mar 26
[@Enskynelson, please how do I go about change of course from one faculty to another faculty? I have already gotten matriculation number. Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:56am On Mar 26
Rogersmith:
[@Enskynelson, please how do I go about change of course from one faculty to another faculty? I have already gotten matriculation number. Thank you
Change of Course is 5k. Same money for another application (UG). And this will take sometime. Weigh your option and see which will be better for u- apply for your desired programme and do verification again or go you study centre and get the change of programme form.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honey001(m): 11:28am On Mar 26
@Enskynelson, Please how do i access my NOUN Email, i have the E-mail but no password
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:36am On Mar 26
honey001:
@Enskynelson, Please how do i access my NOUN Email, i have the E-mail but no password
Default password is matriculation in uppercase (CAPTIAL LETTER)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by FameGlory(m): 11:44am On Mar 26
Good morning everyone.

Please I have a question.

1) What happens when someone just enrolls for M.Sc in NOUN but got study visa to study in UK.

The person is to resume in September.

How will the person complete his NOUN M.Sc when he or she travels abroad?

2) Can someone abroad, lets say in UK enroll for fresh study in NOUN?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 12:18pm On Mar 26
FameGlory:
Good morning everyone.

Please I have a question.

1) What happens when someone just enrolls for M.Sc in NOUN but got study visa to study in UK.

The person is to resume in September.

How will the person complete his NOUN M.Sc when he or she travels abroad?

2) Can someone abroad, lets say in UK enroll for fresh study in NOUN?
If you have enrolled, before you travel, try and let your study centre know. You can take all your exams online (it's called On Demand Exams) though subject to approval by the Directorate of Exams and Assessment. You can run all the exams from there. Courses like practicum and project, you have to relate with your study centre on them.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SundaysTechLab: 1:19pm On Mar 26
Pls have they picked a deadline date for seminar defense and project submission for BSc in Lagos VI Study Center?

If anyone hears any news/update about it for VI Study center, pls help me send it to the group and tag me to it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 6:05pm On Mar 26
Anthonyo15:
COURSE/EXAM REGISTRATION AND ADMISSION EXTENDED TILL APRIL 21, 2024.
This new change is likely to affect the dates of TMAs
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honey001(m): 7:06pm On Mar 26
Enskynelson:

Default password is matriculation in uppercase (CAPTIAL LETTER)

Thanks bro. I got error message that I have already registered and I have not. I think I will have to visit the study centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:57pm On Mar 26
honey001:

Thanks bro. I got error message that I have already registered and I have not. I think I will have to visit the study centre
You can only get error of wrong password and not error of one that has registered earlier as u are not going there to register but to login. If u are in line with my explanation, try this:
No, go to support.nou.edu.ng
Choose the appropriate ticket for reseting of email password.
Send the complain and wait for 48-72hrs. It will be treated. Cheers.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:58pm On Mar 26
Blessedarethepe:

This new change is likely to affect the dates of TMAs
It hardly affects. TMAs can be ongoing while registrations are ON.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honey001(m): 6:05am On Mar 27
Enskynelson:

You can only get error of wrong password and not error of one that has registered earlier as u are not going there to register but to login. If u are in line with my explanation, try this:
No, go to support.nou.edu.ng
Choose the appropriate ticket for reseting of email password.
Send the complain and wait for 48-72hrs. It will be treated. Cheers.

Alright. I will do that now. Thank you brother.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thopesy: 11:21pm On Mar 27
Enskynelson:

It hardly affects. TMAs can be ongoing while registrations are ON.

Good evening brother. Please what is the meaning of “I” under the status category. Also I will like to know when I can go to Lagos Study Centre (VI) to rectify my issues. I am assuming they have a specific days to attend to student issue. I will need to take permission at work, I no wan go der in vain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.