Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3482189 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2015
Kazrem:

Yes you can this September. Flexible in the sense that you can combine it with work, can move to any part of the country without being affected among other flexibilities. I do not know if discharge certificate will be required of you. Let me honourableseyi or any other person help us out with this

Do you have any idea how much it will cost? I mean MSc for Info Tech?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2015
ron011:
Hi @kazrem,

Pls I will like to start at noun for msc info tech. Can I start this September . I heard its quite flexible , but when I checked the course it says February 2016 is the starting time.
Also do I need an nysc discharge certificate to enrol. I will like to start now as I currently have a lot of time.

Thanks

We are in the same shoe, bro
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 12, 2015
Admission Requirements into NOUN For Masters
1: You are required to have a first degree from a University which MUST be recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field of study. (Almost all National Universities Commission (NUC) approved Universities are recognized by NOUN)
2: You are also required to have a postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University which MUST be recognised by Management of NOUN, this would go a long way, in helping you be admitted too.
3: The school senate also accepts a good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University which is recognized by NOUN.
4: The Senate also confirms, that holders of HND (with a minimum of Upper Credit) from institutions recognized by the Senate of NOUN, in a related field of study are accepted to come for their Masters in NOUN.
5: Members of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme. Relevant professional bodies, includes companies which are recognized, or registered in Nigeria.
We do advice you, if you’re going for your MBA programme, you can give the school senate more information about your professional body and they might accept you. The senate of NOUN, has made admission into NOUN as easy as possible.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by andrew121: 11:43am On Aug 12, 2015
Good day great Nigerian student. For all those who wish to follow up their admission should call this number 081-4655-8519
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 12, 2015
Who has done masters program at NOUN?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
helenmi:

Do you have any idea how much it will cost? I mean MSc for Info Tech?
I know first hand that your first two semesters cost around 120k. But I don't know of the last semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kunleee(m): 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
At this stage (completed course registration) and i dont feel like doing the exam this semester.

1. Do i still register for exam
2. What is the cost implication doing them next semester.

note: pgd bus admin, 1st semester.

@kazrem
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by talk2D: 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hi,
I'm a newly registered student of NOUN. I have paid fees and register courses but I will like to transfer from a study center to another centre in another state because of work. How will I process that?

I will appreciate your response.
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
Kazrem:

I know first hand that your first two semesters cost around 120k. But I don't know of the last semester.

So masters is THREE semesters
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
talk2D:
Hi,
I'm a newly registered student of NOUN. I have paid fees and register courses but I will like to transfer from a study center to another centre in another state because of work. How will I process that?

I will appreciate your response.
Thanks

Go to your study center, it is not a difficult thing
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
kunleee:
At this stage (completed course registration) and i dont feel like doing the exam this semester.

1. Do i still register for exam
2. What is the cost implication doing them next semester.

note: pgd bus admin, 1st semester.

@kazrem

You don't need to register for exam and 2. The cost implication is the payment of another compulsory fee next semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
Kazrem:

Nice work you are doing here. Keep it up
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 1:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
ron011:
Hi @kazrem,

Pls I will like to start at noun for msc info tech. Can I start this September . I heard its quite flexible , but when I checked the course it says February 2016 is the starting time.
Also do I need an nysc discharge certificate to enrol. I will like to start now as I currently have a lot of time.

Thanks

Discharge certificate is necessary but not compulsory, same also to statement of result when your certificate is not ready
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ron011: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
Neutrobcorp:
hello pls I would like to ask u about the MSc information technology course.
1.pls how will u rate the course content, will u say its relevant to current trends
2. The course is quite practical, will u say in ur opinion the course materials are easy to follow
3. If u had no previous experience before, will u say with what u have learnt so far, u can confidently take up IT jobs.

Please although I quoted neutrobcorp, anyone who has taken this course or has valid information should please help me out. I am being sponsored so I really need to know.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
helenmi:

So masters is THREE semesters
yes.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by talk2odoh(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
Pls and pls,someone should assist me with CIT309 COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE,CIT3111 COMPUTER NETWORKS,CIT333 SOFTWARE ENGINEERING 1,CIT341 DATA STRUCTURES,CIT351 C#PROGRAMMING and MTH307 NUMERICAL ANALYSIS,past questions pls...here is my email talk2odoh@gmail.com[
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
Kazrem:

Yes you can this September. Flexible in the sense that you can combine it with work, can move to any part of the country without being affected among other flexibilities. I do not know if discharge certificate will be required of you. Let me honourableseyi or any other person help us out with this
No need
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by marybee: 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
hi guys, pls is the results out?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 3:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
marybee:
hi guys, pls is the results out?
No
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ron011: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
helenmi:
Hello Fellas, I just wanna start a master degree at NOUN in osun state in Information Technology (with Internet Options). I wanna know how standard the school is and their certificates.

Hello I also want to start the course. Are u an IT personnel at the moment. I also want reviews of the course from pple who have taken it. I hope people will be helpful and truthful with their reviews
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kunleee(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
honourableseyi:

You don't need to register for exam and 2. The cost implication is the payment of another compulsory fee next semester.
You saying am paying compulsory fee of 40k instead of 23k.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
kunleee:

You saying am paying compulsory fee of 40k instead of 23k.

Not really. But the same compulsory fee you paid in that particular semester you were unable to write its' exam, that is the same compulsory fees you will pay again. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Datevilme: 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2015
honourableseyi:

Not really. But the same compulsory fee you paid in that particular semester you were unable to write its' exam, that is the same compulsory fees you will pay again. I stand to be corrected though.

I intend running my masters in 2 semesters, how possible is this?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
ron011:

Hello I also want to start the course. Are u an IT personnel at the moment. I also want reviews of the course from pple who have taken it. I hope people will be helpful and truthful with their reviews

I studied STATISTICS, bro. Just interested in the course.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2015
Datevilme:

I intend running my masters in 2 semesters, how possible is this?

I can't really say if it is possible or not but it depends on the number of credit units needed to graduate. Note: There is maximum number of credit units you can register per semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 12:07am On Aug 13, 2015
I left 2 courses unwritten last semester, after an error in the portal. I was hoping I'd only register the exams on them this semester. I tried printing my course registration slip, but can not find them.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 9:14am On Aug 13, 2015
JigsawKillah:
I left 2 courses unwritten last semester, after an error in the portal. I was hoping I'd only register the exams on them this semester. I tried printing my course registration slip, but can not find them.
SC
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2015
donbrowser:
SC

I am faraway from my SC
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kunleee(m): 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
honourableseyi:

not really? have paid 40k compulsory fee this semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
Is there anybody doing masters in information technology?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samguru(m): 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
helenmi:
Is there anybody doing masters in information technology?
yes,what do you want to know about M.sc Info Tech?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bolinchin: 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hello all,please am critically considering applying for postgraduate diploma in education at national open university.I would love to know the cost implication and duration.Presently torn between NTI and NOUN.I need counsel on which is cheaper and faster?I will appreciate responses from all knowledgeable persons on this forum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.