Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3489376 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by etette: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2016
Attaining greatness despite setbacks
… Udo Ukeme Effiong’s success story
With an award as the best graduating student from the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Udo Ukeme Effiong’s dream of attaining greatness has been realized.
Ukeme was the cynosure of all eyes, when he led the honours list when NOUN held its 5th Convocation, recently. But, beneath the smiles and tears of joy lie a remarkable resolve and stamina to surmount life’s obstacles through hard work.
Despite the death of his father, deprivation, a dependant aged mother, three children and a wife to carter for and low paying job, this enigma read his way to bag first class honours degree with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.71 from School of Science and Environmental Management, Apapa Centre of NOUN.
Effiong, who hails from Ikot-Udom in Akwa Ibom State, is a true depiction of the ‘Dakkada’ spirit, never allowing circumstances of life to dictate the overcome of an individual’s life. He was set to further his education and nothing would deter him.
According to him, “I borrowed money and bought the admission form to the National Open University of Nigeria following an inspiration from my bishop in the church. Like play, I paid the fees.
“I worked hard and studied diligently even at work, having sleepless nights. Many saw my zeal and prayed for my success. Today, I’m happy that all my toils were not in vain. I’m very glad.”
In his words of advice, Ukeme states, “National Open University of Nigeria is one of the best Schools in Nigeria; the School is not for milk suckers but is meant for bone breakers. Please I want to use this medium to advice those still writing JAMB every year, please go and get a NOUN form and stop the wait”.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 13, 2016
Visit www.ibomyellowpages.com for breaking news, entertainment news etc or visit http://facebook.com/iypfans for recent updates
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by YoungChief007: 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2016
Please how can one obtain the application pin? And what does it look like?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
dave121:

Announcement!
Be informed that all POP exams slated for 2moro 9th April have been moved to Wednesday, 20th April. The same time and venue.
E- exam will commence on Monday, 2nd May. The time table will be released shortly. Inform others.

Pls my tma mth121 is not showing on my
portal, I have finished all others except
this. e exam will start soon. How do I
reslove this is this a general issue for Ppl
offering the course 100l computer science.
Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by schneider01: 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
Two weeks free French Training @ Schneider institute

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
josh4christ:

Pls my tma mth121 is not showing on my
portal, I have finished all others except
this. e exam will start soon. How do I
reslove this is this a general issue for Ppl
offering the course 100l computer science.
Thank you

Mth121 is no longer been offer again,I think it has been changed to mth101 in conjunction with other MTH courses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Imoksp(m): 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
I am in my final semester,400level.i still hav 3 missing results not released yet,and i dont hav moni to pay for an extra semester. What do i do?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ancashy(f): 8:51am On Apr 14, 2016
Please.anyone with MAC 312 Newspaper production past questions send to aanuothomas@yahoo.com.thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tmapark(m): 10:14am On Apr 14, 2016
ebiye55:

MTH281 & MTH241 available?

Yes they are available
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tmapark(m): 10:15am On Apr 14, 2016
ebiye55:

MTH281 & MTH241 available?

Yes they are available

All courses are now available within 48hours of request.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tmapark(m): 10:28am On Apr 14, 2016
ancashy:
Please.anyone with MAC 312 Newspaper production past questions send to aanuothomas@yahoo.com.thanks.

Past Question sent

Battling with your TMA solutions Get it all TMA Solutions at www.buytma.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fretfingers: 11:12am On Apr 14, 2016
maekhel:
Morning guys, please I need some clarification about NOUN.
I applied for NOUN DE admission, I have be screened and cleared at my SC. The question now is how will the grading system be since I will be starting from 200 level.

Hi,

How did you apply for NOUNs DE?

pls advice.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zyead: 11:34am On Apr 14, 2016
Pls i need the ffg past questions,pls help ooo : CIT322,CIT342,CIT344,CIT364,CIT392,DAM344.......udoh67@yahoo.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
Pls i need all the info i can get about the PGD programme in criminology and security studies. I have an HND in microbiology and want to do the course because my job is security related.....every info that will help is needed. Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
Pls kindly check your portal all.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Imoksp(m): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
I just checked d portal stil can't find 3 of my missing results.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by coolbatty: 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hi all.

I am a prospective student n I have been following d thread for a while..

Pls, wat is d faith of those that were supposed to graduate (undergraduates n postgraduates) during d last convocation but didn't see their names on the graduating list?

Has any solution been proffered to such problem? Has that issue been resolved cos i seem nt to hear anything about it anymore.

Thank u all.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by th2olola: 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
Please i need past questions and answers for MBA 801.
Kindly send to bethadebayo@ymail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maekhel(m): 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
fretfingers:

Hi,

How did you apply for NOUNs DE?

pls advice.
Hello,
once you you meet the requirements you can proceed and obtain the application form for ₦5000 from the bank (you will have to visit the school website for list of banks and the account details). You can follow the instructions here http://www.noun.com.ng/national-open-university-of-nigeria-registration
NOTE: Select 200level while filling the registration form

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 5:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
hiswords7:

Mth121 is no longer been offer again,I think it has been changed to mth101 in conjunction with other MTH courses.

Pls what do I do now cos I had register for it and 4 exam.. How do I change it so I can do the tma . Or what is the best thing to do at this point. Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
hiswords7:

Go to NOUn homepage,click on menu.....look for registrable course in d drop downs.
What department are we talking about

Goodday hisword7. Pls I av an issue. 100l computer science. Done my registration n registered 4 exam done all my tma but one mth 121 which is not available on my portal. Now I saw ur post saying. There had been some update on registrable courses. I checked them for my depertment and saw there was no more mth 121 and also bio 191 was added and cit 132 as been removed also mth 101 and 103 was added. But I have already done my tmas based on the old registrable course b4 this update. Pls what m I to do. Do I add this new updates or what. Pls help exam starting may. Thank u sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
hiswords7:

Go to NOUn homepage,click on menu.....look for registrable course in d drop downs.

Goodday hisword7. Pls I av an issue. 100l computer science. Done my registration n registered 4 exam done all my tma but one mth 121 which is not available on my portal. Now I saw ur post saying. There had been some update on registrable courses. I checked them for my depertment and saw there was no more mth 121 and also bio 191 was added and cit 132 as been removed also mth 101 and 103 was added. But I have already done my tmas based on the old registrable course b4 this update. Pls what m I to do. Do I add this new updates or what. Pls help exam starting may. Thank u sir
josh4christ:

Pls what do I do now cos I had register for it and 4 exam.. How do I change it so I can do the tma . Or what is the best thing to do at this point. Thank you
hiswords7:

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zyead: 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
zyead:
Pls i need the ffg past questions,pls help ooo : CIT322,CIT342,CIT344,CIT364,CIT392,DAM344.......udoh67@yahoo.com

Pls house help ooo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
josh4christ:

I will advice that I go to your study center immediately after the pop exam,because they will not attend to you now. Go to the ICT in your SC and tell them u want to drop MTH121 which I hope they will do for u. Mth101 is now in place of MTH121 and other formal MTH courses,but u can't register other courses now because course and exam reg is now close. Just try and drop the course and get your money back in your portal against next semester.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 7:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
josh4christ:

You can't have TMA of course that doesn't exist again. Go to your SC and drop the course so that u can have the money back in your portal against next semester.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 8:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hello All, please I am a PGDE student in Makurdi study centre, I have 3 missing results on my portal and I have written application letters more than 4 times. The courses were written Augusy/September last year, they are psychology of Learning, Sociology of Education and Guidance and counseling. Please, I wish someone can help me out. I really need to graduates from this school. Or is it a general issues for those of us that wrote the examination at that time. 08108809626. Nou158044600.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 8:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
Emanus:
Hello All, please I am a PGDE student in Makurdi study centre, I have 3 missing results on my portal and I have written application letters more than 4 times. The courses were written Augusy/September last year, they are psychology of Learning, Sociology of Education and Guidance and counseling. Please, I wish someone can help me out. I really need to graduates from this school. Or is it a general issues for those of us that wrote the examination at that time. 08108809626. Nou158044600.
I am tired of this program with consuming money, I don't have any further money to pay for these courses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Imoksp(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
Emanus:
I am tired of this program with consuming money, I don't have any further money to pay for these courses.
Have u gone to VI to ask for ur statement of result. I learnt it cud b in their system there while its showin missing in ur portal.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 9:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
Emanus:

I will also advice that you should try and visit Lagos,don't rely on your SC as there power to help you is so limited. Good luck
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
hiswords7:

I will also advice that you should try and visit Lagos,don't rely on your SC as there power to help you is so limited. Good luck
What is VI ? And I learnt the headquarter is now in Abuja.How true is this?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
ananne:
Pls i need all the info i can get about the PGD programme in criminology and security studies. I have an HND in microbiology and want to do the course because my job is security related.....every info that will help is needed. Thanks.

someone should pls answer....pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
Emanus:
What is VI ? And I learnt the headquarter is now in Abuja.How true is this?
my study centre don't want to release the attendance sheet for these courses and I think is the perquisites for going to Lagos and authority letter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.