Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,438 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3483351 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
Kazrem:

You will download the registrable courses document of your faculty (course). Let me find the link if I can see it
Thanks so much
I dey wait o lol
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SkiddyDoc: 4:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
Anthonyo15:
To check your result, add the number on your matriculation number to the link below and click.

xres.nouonline.com/nouresult/pages/sess.php?Returnurl=Nou

Note : The portal is slow, so keep retrying until you see your result.

Best of Luck

xres.nouonline.com/nouresult/pages/sess.php?Returnurl=Nou123456789 or xres.nouonline.com/nouresult/pages/sess.php?Returnurl=123456789

Which is correct?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
Was finally able to recheck my results........after several days of trying. The scores are still the same. The change is the 0 unit in the GST courses. It now reads 2 units. This will inevitably improve ones cGPA.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
Anyone with EDT 821 course material can send to my mail please profotike@gmail.com
I have tried downloading it but their site isn't going
It's urgent ooo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sonofgodfrey(m): 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
Lildav:

plsss. how where u able 2 check result?

i checked it on Friday when the portal was still accessible, i think the portal down again.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fatai4change(m): 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
I paid d compulsory fee and registered my courses bt cudnt register 4 exams b4 d portal was closed last semester.

Pls i want to knw if my registration remains valid and i wil just pay to regista 4 exams ds semester?

I am in d last semester of my MSC

Pls acknwlge
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
Please some of my results were not showing. Please what do I do. I am tired
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
YOU ARE INVITED FOR SIWES DEFENCE ON WEDNESDAY 8th MARCH BY 10.am, VENUE UPSTAIRS BUILDING, OWERRI STUDY CENTRE. PLEASE INFORM OTHERS
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
Emanus:
Please some of my results were not showing. Please what do I do. I am tired
. Be Patient!!! I bet u what ur expecting is what u will see...Just be patient they are solving every errors
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
fatai4change:
I paid d compulsory fee and registered my courses bt cudnt register 4 exams b4 d portal was closed last semester.

Pls i want to knw if my registration remains valid and i wil just pay to regista 4 exams ds semester?

I am in d last semester of my MSC

Pls acknwlge
Check ur Study Centre cus this is a new platform
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
Good evening people
Have anyone started answering his or her tma? Were you successful?
Please prompt replies expected
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nuheights(m): 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
URGENT: With Ilearn portal apparently down, please how can one get POP past questions? Please, this is crucially important. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
Anthonyo15:
. Be Patient!!! I bet u what ur expecting is what u will see...Just be patient they are solving every errors
Thanks. I already have 30 unit course but when I need my transcript, the courses will be needed for further programme. 5 courses were still missing from my portal
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by martins022: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
pls help oooo....money hasn't reflected in wallet since a month ago. I paid tru zenith bank
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:
please what is the course of fatal error that appears when i try to register my courses

Guys answer my question
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 10:17pm On Mar 05, 2017
martins022:
pls help oooo....money hasn't reflected in wallet since a month ago. I paid tru zenith bank
Sorry o We were told to avoid paying into Zenith bank for the mean time
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by martins022: 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
Profandie:

have paid before the info comes out
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by martins022: 10:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
Profandie:

have paid before the info comes out
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by osic(m): 11:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
Anyone knows the date for siwes defense for Ikeja study centre(now at v.i hq )
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
Nuheights:
URGENT: With Ilearn portal apparently down, please how can one get POP past questions? Please, this is crucially important. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Pm me

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 11:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

Guys answer my question
Keep trying
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 12:20am On Mar 06, 2017
martins022:
please, I need urgent help, I paid tru zenith bank since last 3 weeks but the t hasn't reflected on my portal...pls I need help urgently coz of registration...
send your matric number, password and RR number to me, (09095704518) i promise to do that form u within 30 minutes and the money will enter your portal, it contain about six basics steps, i will discuss on dat as soon as i get time, if u look at this post u will know that is almost midnight, so till tomorrow.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dave121: 4:55am On Mar 06, 2017
Good morning colleagues,
Has anyone noticed that course materials are no longer downloadable again. I "google-searched" each course code to see If I could fetch the materials online and also tried downloading through noun e-courseware as I did previously but all to no avail. Is there anyone with useful information on how this can be done, please don't hesitate to lend a helping hand in this regard. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 5:10am On Mar 06, 2017
Profandie:
Good evening people
Have anyone started answering his or her tma? Were you successful?
Please prompt replies expected
Please I need answers
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 5:10am On Mar 06, 2017
Profandie:
Anyone with EDT 821 course material can send to my mail please profotike@gmail.com
I have tried downloading it but their site isn't going
It's urgent ooo
Please I need answers
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nuheights(m): 6:46am On Mar 06, 2017
Kazrem:

Pm me
Thanks Kazrem!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ogeodi(f): 7:09am On Mar 06, 2017
Profandie:

Please I need answers
I have been trying since friday, its not submitting. lets be hopeful it works today
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 06, 2017
Good morning everyone.
Please I would love to know more about the NOUN PG school....been trying to access their portal but it seems it's down..
I want to know the mode of payment, where I can get the admission form, and if possible, get to meet someone who studies at the Ibadan center..
Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 06, 2017
Please I need help, what is the current amount for siwes registration and the procedure. I have been to My study center and no body could give tangible answer, all I got is i don't know go and ask your friend as if i know any one in 300 level who have register for siwes this semester before.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:00am On Mar 06, 2017
oyegbe:
Please I need help, what is the current amount for siwes registration and the procedure. I have been to My study center and no body could give tangible answer, all I got is i don't know go and ask your friend as if i know any one in 300 level who have register for siwes this semester before.
How To Commence Your IT Now That Portal Is Inaccessible 

By Idada Precious (Repota Atlarge) 

BENIN-STUDY CENTER : The management of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), has improvised a method which enables students due for Industrial Training (IT) commence the training pending on when the school's new website, www.nouonline.com is fully accessible.

Recall that in the previous semesters, for one to Commence his or her IT, first, the individual must register it on the portal, printout the course registration slip, generate a Remita number, pay N1,000 into the SIWES account for logbook , pay another N400 for IT letters then staple all the necessary payment receipts coupled with the address of where the student will do the IT. 

But now, due to the inaccessibility of the school website, the procedures improvised are : 

1. Go to the department in charge of IT in your study center (For Benin, it's the account or counselors office), pay N200 to generate Remita number. 

NOTE : Don't generate remita number BY yourself . 

2. Take the Remita Number, ask for SIWES account where money for Logbooks are paid in, (PS : Last semester, logbook was free) then pay the sum of N1,000 to the account. 

3. After payment, return to the the the IT department, show them the payment teller then request for your IT letter. It would be filled, stamped and given to you. 

You are expected to write the address of where you intend doing your IT in a piece of paper. That is what will be used to fill your letter. 

4. Go to the organization you intend doing the IT and submit the letter. 

However, when the portal is finally accessible, register the IT(Course and exam), if not, you won't be graded after the IT. 

Note : THIS IS THE PROCEDURE IN BENIN-STUDY CENTER. IT MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO OTHER CENTERS, BUT IF IT IS NOT, ENCOURAGE THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES TO ADOPT THE METHOD.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:03am On Mar 06, 2017
YOU ARE INVITED FOR SIWES DEFENCE ON WEDNESDAY 8th MARCH BY 10.am, VENUE UPSTAIRS BUILDING, OWERRI STUDY CENTRE. PLEASE INFORM OTHERS
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:05am On Mar 06, 2017
NOUN STUDENTS AND LAW SCHOOL CONTROVERSY!!!

As the controversy between the students of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) and the Council of Legal Education (CLE) over the non admission of law graduates from the former into Nigerian Law School lingers, some Nigerians have expressed worry at the situation and hope for a peaceful resolution of the matter.
The NOUN is the only distance learning institution in Nigeria with all its courses duly accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC) including its controversial law programme. At first, Nigerians distanced themselves from the programme believing that their courses wouldn’t be recognised. But that position was later debunked while confidence in the institution increased with more enrolments.
However, since the institution began to produce graduates, they are said to be discriminated by federal institutions such as National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), and their law graduates are rejected by the Nigerian Law School. This has led to the institution of a legal suit by the law students before a Federal High Court judge in Port Harcourt.
The stand of CLE is that NOUN is not accredited to run a law programme. Speaking in Abuja at a briefing to commence the 50 years anniversary of the Nigerian Law School, the Chairman of the Council, Mr. Onueze Okocha (SAN), said anyone who studied law at NOUN and hoping to secure admission to the Law School was merely wasting their time and resources.
He said: “It is foolhardy for someone to establish, put in his money and then choose to run an illegal faculty of law… I don’t want them to waste their monies and time. They should seek transfer to accredited universities. “
Similarly, the Director General of the Nigerian Law School, Dr.Tahir Mamman, said anyone who only wanted to have an acquaintance with the law could go to a non-accredited university to study law. “But if they want to become legal practitioners, they have to go to accredited universities”.
Speaking on the issue, a Port Harcourt-based legal practitioner, and civil rights crusader, Barrister Chijioke Agi, urged NOUN to stop admitting students into its Law Faculty until the issue it has with the Nigerian Law School over the non admission of its law graduates is resolved.
He explained that in the 1990s, the CLE abolished part time programme in law in Nigerian universities to check half-baked lawyers and regretted that the introduction of law in NOUN’s curriculum was a re-enactment of the old order. He said the legal tussle between NOUN students and CLE in the Federal High Court was yet to be determined.
Hear him: “Until the legal battle between NOUN students and Council for Legal Education is determined, NOUN should not admit students into that faculty. This is because to become a lawyer, the law graduate must pass through the law school.
“It makes no sense that one is a law graduate yet not a lawyer.” The legal practitioner remarked that though NOUN’s ten faculties were accredited by the NUC, the other faculties are running without hitches except the law faculty.
However, another legal practitioner based in Port Harcourt, Mr. Tambo Tambo, disagrees with the position of the Council of Legal Education. He says law is a liberal discipline which can be studied anywhere.
He condemned the deliberate discrimination and victimisation of the NOUN law graduates by the CLE coupled with the delay tactics the body has employed to slow down the matter in court. According to him, the tactics could bring the worst from the students.
“I have been following that issue because my immediate younger brother is affected. He is a law student of NOUN. The stand of the Council of Legal Education on the matter is not founded on any known fact. It rather portrays the Council as being in the dark about best practices in the 21st century.
“Even in the United Kingdom from where our current legal system is derived, distance legal education is authorised by the Law Society of England and Wales as a qualifying law degree and as one of the possible ways to become a barrister or solicitor. In several other countries influenced by the British legal tradition, legal education can be obtained through distance learning.
“For instance, in countries like India, Indonesia, Australia etc. law can be learnt by correspondence. In fact, many of our older lawyers and judges had their legal degrees by distance learning. It was at the point of attending the law schools their physical presence was required.
“Not recognising NOUN law graduates on the basis of non-existing barriers will affect our nation and rob it of the advantages such learning mode will confer on the country. I, therefore, call on the Justice Minister to intervene through the exercise of his powers to direct the CLE to recognise NOUN law graduates,” he stated.
A third year law student of NOUN, Port Harcourt centre, Mr. Zebulon Onomefor, wonders why the CLE would fail to recognise the law programme of the open university when NUC had already given it approval to operate.
He says the lack of accreditation of NOUN law programme is keeping them uncertain about whether to remain in the school or move to a conventional university to complete it. He appealed to the vice-chancellor of the institution to work hard and get the problem settled.
“This issue ought not arise in the first place, especially when NUC has recognised and approved the law programme. Why is the Council of Legal Education insisting on not recognising the course? I don’t agree that the programme is run on part time basis.
“See we have classes almost every day depending on the year of study. Do you call that part time? What is the mode of study in conventional universities after all? Let the vice-chancellor solve this problem for us as he has promised,” he said.
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who saw to the final take-off of the open university, had during a visit to him by the national body of the Law Students Association (LAWSA), urged the students, particularly the law graduates of NOUN, to be patient with the authorities. He said he noticed some students complaining about law accreditation in NOUN and stated his belief that the law programme had come to stay.
In what appears like a sign of better days ahead, the Vice-Chancellor of NOUN, Prof. Abdalla Adamu, reassured the law students of the effort of the school’s management to ensure that they completed their legal education by attending the law school. He said the matter was receiving attention at the National Assembly.
But the question both the law students and graduates of the programme, who are awaiting law school admission have always asked is, when will that day come? Indeed will it ever come? Time shall tell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.