Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (838) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3478177 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Foolsparadise(m): 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
talk2odoh:

Thank you dear.
please do you know if NOUN is still making any effort for us to be mobilized for NYSC? what is preventing these onea that have graduated from being mobilized even after the law has been amended? I don't want this exclusion or exemption certificate. employers discriminate on it so much.
One of the school top officials to me that Although the Senate has passed the bill but the president has not signed it.He advised me to move on because even if He signs it,the school will mobilise only the current gradunds n will not go bk.delay is not denial just tht some of us will not benefit.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hollayemy89: 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2018
Dear Group,

Do we have any 400 Level 2nd Semester in the house? Please link here...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
GOOD EVENING NOUNITES,

I hope u all had a great and wonderful day at work?

This is to inform students irrespective of semester who have funded their wallet, but the paid fee has not reflect, kindly contact me for prompt rectification.

The fund will reflect in your e-wallet in less than 60 seconds.

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oladtwo(m): 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
Which of the Day of the week is TMA for faculty of science...precisely CIT department.
Thank
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
Is your payment not reflecting, follow these simple steps to make it reflect.

Payment Not Reflecting

Follow these simple steps.

1. On the homepage, nouonline.net, click on check RRR. 

2. Enter the RRR code and choose payment category (wallet funding). Then click on submit.

3. It would say successful.

4. Then go back and login into your portal.

5. Click on Manage Wallet, Check Wallet Payment.

6. On the new page, enter the RRR code and click on Check Wallet Payment. 

7. Go back and login into your portal, it will reflect.

If you still could not, contact me.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:59pm On Apr 11, 2018
400LEVEL B.Sc ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND B.Sc CO-OPERATIVE MANAGEMENT STUDENTS ONLY.

ABUJA MODEL STUDY CENTRE!!!

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:07am On Apr 12, 2018
GOOD MORNING,

I bring before you, a notable issue arising which will likely call for a debate, interaction and sharing of experience among NOUN students.

In other words, a cogent matter that requires urgent rectification and absolute requisite.

The matters arising include the following:

A. Minimum Credit Units Required For Graduation - Core Courses (C)

B. Minimum Credit Units Required For Graduation - Elective Courses (E)

C. Minimum Required CGPA

D. Difference Between GPA & CGPA

E. Minimum Number of Registerable Courses Per Semester

F. Maximum Number of Registerable Courses Per Semester

I am sure some students just fund their e-wallet without a direction or actually calculating their CC and EC to know what and when....

Now, I want us to look into these carefully articulated questions below, I think we should know where we are by now: finding direction would be easy if we could.

Meanwhile, students who are yet to calculate their last Semester result should endeavor on their own before results are officially released on....

Calculating your GP yourself does two or more good to your academics:

1. Provides a direction in which you are moving

2. Actually knowing your GP before results are out helps in gaining insight of subsequent semester

3. Aids immediate detection of error(s) in official result

4. Helps to set a target and standard to follow in present semester

Similarly, have you ever examined past students (be it any session or set) graduating list results?

If your answer is directly "YES", then....._

What are your observations?

Base on logistics, which department or faculty normally produce 'A' or Upper 'Credit' students?

Are there any improvement in CGPA?

If time permits me, these issues will be properly ironed out, thereby leaving no stone unturned.

Have a pleasant night rest!

Macharthony Solutions

(WHATSAPP)

©NOUN UPDATE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2018
Kazrem:
It's a good morning and promises to be a fruitful one.

4 Easy Steps On How To Generate Remita Code for Course and Exam Registration

After logging in, carry out the following steps.

1. Click on Manage Wallet, under it, choose Load Wallet.

2. On the new page, fill in your phone number and the amount (e.g like this, 48000).

3. Choose Payment method (Bank Branch preferably).

4. Then click on Pay.

It will redirect you to Remita site where you will see the code. Copy the code and take it to any bank with your money.

You having any challenge in generating Remita code, in making your payment reflect in your portal, application procedure etc, we are just a call/message away.

p
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ritasnr(f): 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
I need assistance on how to develop project
WhatsApp 08093006274
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UEDIBO: 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ritasnr:
I need assistance on how to develop project
WhatsApp 08093006274
what is your project topic
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 8:22pm On Apr 12, 2018
stinville:
Any ideas when the results will be out?
No sir.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gpercuxionz(m): 10:21am On Apr 13, 2018
I applied for Noun PGDE in 2017 and I paid the 7500 application fee, and was given a matric number... But one thing led to another thing I couldn't pay the school fees and other fees...but I have the money now can I still go ahead and pay or I should start the registration all over again now that we are In 2018
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:47am On Apr 13, 2018
gpercuxionz:
I applied for Noun PGDE in 2017 and I paid the 7500 application fee, and was given a matric number... But one thing led to another thing I couldn't pay the school fees and other fees...but I have the money now can I still go ahead and pay or I should start the registration all over again now that we are In 2018

RE-REGISTER ON THE PORTAL, LOGIN THEN LOAD UR WALLET AND REGISTER YOUR COURSES AND EXAMS
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:50am On Apr 13, 2018
GOOD MORNING ALL

This post might be a long one, most useful to new students. It in response to FAQ I get on a daily basis. I will be putting you through how to navigate through the school site.

There are two NOUN official sites which are nouonline.net which is the students and staff portal. nouedu.net which is the information portal.

As a new student after you get your matric number the first thing you need to do is to confirm your portal and generate a password.

Go to nouonline.net click on student login, then click on register. Fill and necessary details and submit, once you see successful you can then login with your matric number and the new password you just created.
Matric number is written as NOU follow by 9 digit numbers (NOU120111111)

Once you login it advisable you upload your passport please if you not so good with this seek help, I can help you with it distance is not a barrier in NOUN. The passport you upload must show your face well and mind you it what you will use throughout your stay, it can't be changed.

How To Upload Your Passport In Your Portal.​
1. Snap yourself or your passport with a good camera phone.
2. Save it with your matric number and extension jpg or png. e.g NOU123456789.jpg or NOU123456789.png. The "NOU" must be upper case.
3. Then go to your portal. Log in. Then click on upload your passport.
4. On the new page, click "Choose file".
5. Choose the passport you had saved with your matric.
6. Then click on submit.
It would tell you passport successfully uploaded.
Log out then log in to see your passport in your profile

After this if you have your money the next is to generate remita code you want to use to pay.

Note for each payment you are making a new remita must be created and I will advice you create the remita code the day you want to pay, it saver that way, also you can pay your fee in installment

HOW TO GENERATE REMITA PIN IN NOUN {RRR}

To generate rrr, log in to ur portal, click on manage wallet, select load wallet, ones it opens, u will see a page with ur full name and email address, enter ur phone number, the amount u want to pay, select payment type,
if u are paying the money in the bank, use bank branch as ur payment type., then click on pay, it will direct u to where u will see your rrr pin.

If you are paying to the bank just copy the rrr code written in this form 1234-5678-9123 and take it to the bank. Please make sure your money reflect before you loss the code and also make sure you use a valid email when generating the code cos a copy will be sent to your mail for reference purpose. If you trust people I can help you do online payment that won't stress you but it base on trust o

Next is to confirm your payment

AFTER PAYMENT INTO THE BANK, FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO MAKE YOUR PAID FUNDS REFLECT IN THE PORTAL

(Note that some times, you may have to wait till the next day to ensure that Remita has responded to NOUN. Depending on the bank branch, some payments may take up to two days to reach NOUN from Remita and in such cases, the error report you get is "No positive response yet from Remita".)

1. Log on to www.nouonline.net
2. Before you login, click on "RRR Check"
3. Type in your RRR and then select "Wallet Funding" as your payment type.
4. MAKE SURE THAT YOU TYPE THE RRR WITHOUT THE HYPHEN (DASHES) JUST TYPE ORDINARY NUMBERS AND REMOVE THOSE DASHES
5. It will tell you "Transaction Successful".
6. Then log into your portal
7. Click on "Manage Wallet" and then Click on "Check wallet Payments"
8. Then insert the RRR in the space provided and submit

After being successful with this, your money should reflect in your portal instantly. Then you can go ahead with your Semester Registration, Course Registration and Exam Registration (in that order). To register those three stuffs, click on "Registration" in your portal. I trust you can find your way from here. FOR REGISTRATION, ENSURE YOU USE ONLY GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER. (Chrome is no more the best for now)

Once you done with your registration you print out the Registration and exam slips 3 copies each. Take the course registration slip to your study centre and collect available materials if you don't get all you can print or download the rest through this link

http://nouedu.net/courseware

Also even if you have not paid yet you can get your materials through the link and start reading

After this start reading cos most centre don't have tutorial, you are on your own.

Then you wait for TMA to start.

TMA stands for TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT. It serves as a TEST, carries 30marks and each COURSE has its own TMA questions (objectives) A COURSE TMA is divided into 4 i.e TMA 1 - 4. Each carries 10marks and the maximum score a student can achieve from the TMAs is 30marks i.e the best 3 of the four TMAs will be selected as your total score and will be added to your exam score. Maximum Exam score carries 70marks.
When the time comes I assist with TMA so you can have the best mark

When you done with TMA you then wait for exam. Exam are in two part
POP known as pen on paper it for students from 300 and above, it comes up first for about a month, this semester it will start by July.
After POP E-exam starts this is a computer based exam for 100-200 level students, it also last for about a month.

Note Macharthony online solution is always ready to help you out with anything concerning NOUN without you leaving your comfort zone and distance is not a barrier. We have been doing this for the past 5 years and no complain from our client we always deliver

You can chat me up or call me through this number 08185025045

Just stay on this platform and you will be glad you did.
You get all necessary information you need from here

Thanks
Signed Macharthony

4 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
Extension of Closing Date for 2018_1 Registrations
This is to inform all students that closure of course and exam registration for the 2018_1 semester has been extended from the initial date on the Academic Calendar.

Courses and Exams registration will now close by mid night 30th April, 2018.

All students are advised to complete their registrations as there will be no extension of the closure date of 30th April, 2018.

Signed

Director, Examinations and Assessments

http://nouedu.net/announcements/extension-closing-date-20181-registrations
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 2:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
NOUN Extend 2018_1 Registrations Closing Date

READ MORE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tobexin(m): 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
Breaking News from Noun headquarter

1. Course and Exam registration extended till 30th of April 2018

2. Result to be released before 20th of April

3. Senate to consider the release of results this new week

4. Over 25,000 students results seized owing to examination malpractices and illegal changing of study centre due to exams

Cheers
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mkmoney(m): 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
Already knew the extention would happen
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by successking401(m): 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
Anthonyo15:
GOOD MORNING ALL

This post might be a long one, most useful to new students. It in response to FAQ I get on a daily basis. I will be putting you through how to navigate through the school site.

There are two NOUN official sites which are nouonline.net which is the students and staff portal. nouedu.net which is the information portal.

As a new student after you get your matric number the first thing you need to do is to confirm your portal and generate a password.

Go to nouonline.net click on student login, then click on register. Fill and necessary details and submit, once you see successful you can then login with your matric number and the new password you just created.
Matric number is written as NOU follow by 9 digit numbers (NOU120111111)

Once you login it advisable you upload your passport please if you not so good with this seek help, I can help you with it distance is not a barrier in NOUN. The passport you upload must show your face well and mind you it what you will use throughout your stay, it can't be changed.

How To Upload Your Passport In Your Portal.​
1. Snap yourself or your passport with a good camera phone.
2. Save it with your matric number and extension jpg or png. e.g NOU123456789.jpg or NOU123456789.png. The "NOU" must be upper case.
3. Then go to your portal. Log in. Then click on upload your passport.
4. On the new page, click "Choose file".
5. Choose the passport you had saved with your matric.
6. Then click on submit.
It would tell you passport successfully uploaded.
Log out then log in to see your passport in your profile

After this if you have your money the next is to generate remita code you want to use to pay.

Note for each payment you are making a new remita must be created and I will advice you create the remita code the day you want to pay, it saver that way, also you can pay your fee in installment

HOW TO GENERATE REMITA PIN IN NOUN {RRR}

To generate rrr, log in to ur portal, click on manage wallet, select load wallet, ones it opens, u will see a page with ur full name and email address, enter ur phone number, the amount u want to pay, select payment type,
if u are paying the money in the bank, use bank branch as ur payment type., then click on pay, it will direct u to where u will see your rrr pin.

If you are paying to the bank just copy the rrr code written in this form 1234-5678-9123 and take it to the bank. Please make sure your money reflect before you loss the code and also make sure you use a valid email when generating the code cos a copy will be sent to your mail for reference purpose. If you trust people I can help you do online payment that won't stress you but it base on trust o

Next is to confirm your payment

AFTER PAYMENT INTO THE BANK, FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO MAKE YOUR PAID FUNDS REFLECT IN THE PORTAL

(Note that some times, you may have to wait till the next day to ensure that Remita has responded to NOUN. Depending on the bank branch, some payments may take up to two days to reach NOUN from Remita and in such cases, the error report you get is "No positive response yet from Remita".)

1. Log on to www.nouonline.net
2. Before you login, click on "RRR Check"
3. Type in your RRR and then select "Wallet Funding" as your payment type.
4. MAKE SURE THAT YOU TYPE THE RRR WITHOUT THE HYPHEN (DASHES) JUST TYPE ORDINARY NUMBERS AND REMOVE THOSE DASHES
5. It will tell you "Transaction Successful".
6. Then log into your portal
7. Click on "Manage Wallet" and then Click on "Check wallet Payments"
8. Then insert the RRR in the space provided and submit

After being successful with this, your money should reflect in your portal instantly. Then you can go ahead with your Semester Registration, Course Registration and Exam Registration (in that order). To register those three stuffs, click on "Registration" in your portal. I trust you can find your way from here. FOR REGISTRATION, ENSURE YOU USE ONLY GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER. (Chrome is no more the best for now)

Once you done with your registration you print out the Registration and exam slips 3 copies each. Take the course registration slip to your study centre and collect available materials if you don't get all you can print or download the rest through this link

http://nouedu.net/courseware

Also even if you have not paid yet you can get your materials through the link and start reading

After this start reading cos most centre don't have tutorial, you are on your own.

Then you wait for TMA to start.

TMA stands for TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT. It serves as a TEST, carries 30marks and each COURSE has its own TMA questions (objectives) A COURSE TMA is divided into 4 i.e TMA 1 - 4. Each carries 10marks and the maximum score a student can achieve from the TMAs is 30marks i.e the best 3 of the four TMAs will be selected as your total score and will be added to your exam score. Maximum Exam score carries 70marks.
When the time comes I assist with TMA so you can have the best mark

When you done with TMA you then wait for exam. Exam are in two part
POP known as pen on paper it for students from 300 and above, it comes up first for about a month, this semester it will start by July.
After POP E-exam starts this is a computer based exam for 100-200 level students, it also last for about a month.

Note Macharthony online solution is always ready to help you out with anything concerning NOUN without you leaving your comfort zone and distance is not a barrier. We have been doing this for the past 5 years and no complain from our client we always deliver

You can chat me up or call me through this number 08185025045

Just stay on this platform and you will be glad you did.
You get all necessary information you need from here

Thanks
Signed Macharthony

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Philipsdael(m): 6:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
Mkmoney:
Already knew the extention would happen
Yes , they can't close the portal when they've not release last semester result ...
how will students know courses to resit if need be .

but I still think first week of May should've be better
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gabialonso(m): 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
To God be the glory!!!
It started like a joke, but it eventually took me five whole months to scale through. Initially, when i was asked to repay my project fee of forty thousand naira because i could neither provide my previous receipt nor any other proof of payment for that matter, i thought the study centre clearance officer was joking. little did i know i was in for a serious matter, as plans of attending my convocation faded away gradually by the day. How on earth did i misplace my receipts, e-wallet and remita print outs? Getting them reprinted is now impossible, no thanks to the ill fated Noun portal crash of 2016. Fair enough, you have your results which means you registered all your courses and exams but for me to ascertain you registered your project, i need a proof of payment to clear you, says the clearance officer looking at me through his scaring looking glasses with no chill. As days turned into weeks and weeks into months,i tried all means to be cleared but to no avail. Alas, i took the matter to my heavenly father in prayers knowing fully well that He is the doer of the impossible. The holy spirit ministered to me, and i went in the way and manner as i was directed. I never knew they existed , not to talk about being so helpful at resolving such matter, remita support indeed became my rescue agent. The customer service is phenomenon, their deposition to providing solution is mind blowing, and that was how remita support helped me with all my lost remita print outs which sufficed for proof of payment needed for my clearance. In other news, M. Sc Business Administration done and dusted with Noun today,after five months of agony and turture couple with sleepless nights due to misplaced documents needed for final clearance.

4 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by denzly4real(m): 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
Denzly Global Consult Nig.ltd We are official representative of EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN UNIVERSITY CYPRUS, We help secure admission with automatic 50% scholarship also provide adequate visa support services, we ensure smooth process; All For Free. Why study at EMU?[i][/i]• Fully recognized and accredited by the Nigeria Ministry of Education • Full member of European University Association (EUA) and International Association of University • Internationally accredited Faculties such as ABET, EFFMD, AACSB, MIAK, TEDQUAL, ASIIN etc. l• Ranked top university in Cyprus and 437 amongst 5102 universities in Europe• Safe, Serene and multicultural environment • Students exchange possibilities in USA and Europe • English Medium • Low Tuition fees and cost of living • ND, NCE, HND, BSc. students can easily transfer their credits • Education in line with the American Credit System • Qualified faculty members at l international standards • On-campus education with a wide range of facilities • Excellent facilities for social, cultural and sports activities • Duration of program 3 – 4 year if the student take summer courses • 50% Automatic scholarship ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: 1. O'level Result (WAEC OR NECO). 2. Data Page of Your Travelling lPassport. 3. Transcripts of record if transferring or applying for postgraduate 4. Passport photo Just scan the required documents to us stating your program of interest to secure the admission TUITION COST APPLYING 50% SCHOLARSHIP Undergraduate: $3,300 - $4,700 Per year Pharmacy: $5,500 Per Year Medicine: $15,500 Per Year Postgraduate: $4,700 for Entire program STEPS. 1. Secure the admission 2. After the admission you’ll be required to pay the 1 year tuition, university account details on the admission letter. Upon payment you be issued confirmation letter and name sent to the embassy. 3. We will follow up to ensure your confirmation is issued timely and tell you when you name is sent to the embassy NB: We advise our clients to be sure of their finances not to bank on jobs in financing their study. There are 2 intakes a year: Feb/Mar and Sep/Oct. ADMISSION IS ON NOW!!! we also represent other universities on th Island, for more information, Contact Details:Email- austinakoji@gmail.com Phone- +2348031130757 Name: Mr Austine
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
Breaking News from Noun Headquarter
1. Course and Exam registration extended till 30th of April 2018
2. Result to be released before 20th of April
3. Senate to consider the release of results this new week
4. 25,000 students results seized owing to examination malpractices and illegal changing of study centre due to exams

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mosesbuchi1: 6:52am On Apr 14, 2018
*Industrial Training *Industrial Training *Industrial Training (IT) these information is for every department that's undergoing IT in NOUN, get your 6months IT done in a well known and recognised firm, with your Acceptance Letter, Completion letter, Report, Logbook fully filled, logbook and your 6 IT letters fully signed,stamped and well graded, IT certificate of inter-ship...... for more details contact 08030404873 or 07015762774*

*seminar seminar seminar*
Get your seminar done without stress contact the same number above

*TMA TMA TMA*
As we prepare for the forthcoming exam,do your reading while we solve your TMA.
Get ur TMA solved with 40/40.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by 1soul(m): 10:29am On Apr 14, 2018
Hello house, please I have a little challenge; I paid for my application fees via Remitta, but trying to continue registration after payment it keeps displaying "payment not effected", please I need help urgently.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NouonlinePortal: 10:53am On Apr 14, 2018
2019/2020 List of Courses Offered in the National Open University of Nigeria

https://nationalopenuniversity.com.ng/courses/

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fhranchez(m): 4:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
pls do anyone know any noun tutorial center in kubwa
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tobexin(m): 11:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
*Notice! Notice!! Notice!!!*

*FROM NOUN HEADQUARTERS*

*RECURRENT ISSUES OF MISSING RESULTS.*

Sequel to the recurrent issues of missing results from students, Management has directed that we should recompile list of those with issue of missing results. Therefore, you are by this notice to see the Exams Officer if you have any issue of missing results from previous semesters. Only students without examination malpractices cases are advise to
Thanks

Kindly rebroadcast Thanks and God bless you all. *Happy weekend*
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by geodemainguy(m): 8:14am On Apr 15, 2018
Good morning colleagues.

Any MSC student in Mass Communication here. Please someone should help me with GST 807 (general study guide) course material. I tried downloading through the course ware but the PDF link is missing.

Treat as urgent.

Warm regards.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by superstr: 9:14am On Apr 15, 2018
Improve your chance of getting a job in Nigeria: Learn Websites Development Now:

This application is going to be huge. You may see it as your portfolio; it is an online book store where you can buy and sell books.

So we can’t just jump into coding it without planning everything from the get-go (Plan On Your Own — POYO).

For this reason, let’s divide this app into frontend and backend . We are going to use React basically for the frontend and Laravel for the backend.

But wait! I assume you have learnt HTML, CSS (Bootsrapt), javaScript, and PHP; if not, you may need to learn them before reading this article; www.w3schools.com and www.freecodecamp.org can get you started.

Yeah! Once you know the basic, let’s get started (Aja one gbera!).

Let’s install Laravel framework:

But before then, we need to download and install:

Git from www.git-scm.com
WampServer (3.1.0 and above — not bellow) from https://www.filehorse.com/download-wampserver-32/old-versions/ or www.wampserver.com — better still, google untill you find the required version.
Composer from www.getcomposer.org.
Once they are installed, you can sip a bottle of Zobo ( “herbal drink”) and relax.

No! No!No! I didn’t mean that because we still have to confirm whether they have been installed properly.

After installation, you should see Git (Git-bash) and Wampserver icons on your computer.

Sometimes when you work on an old windows OS, Wampserver may be missing MSVCR120 | MSVCR140 etc.; all you need to do in that case is to uninstall Wampserver, google to download and install the MSVCR(version) that is not on your computer; then install Wampserver again. Viola, you are good to go.

Now, let’s confirm whether composer installation was successful. You need to launch Git or Git bash on your computer; then, run: composer -v and you should get something similar to the image bellow if everything went fine.

a result from running: composer -v
Since everything is fine, it’s time we install Laravel installer by running the code bellow in our Git console.

//install laravel installer
composer global require "laravel/installer"
//confirm if it is successful
laravel -v
If it is successful, you should see:

result of a successful installation of laravel installer
Everything is fine. Let’s start our project:

//laravel new project-name
laravel new bookstore
Oops! Why always me? Why error! Why?

Oh! I get it. May be you did not select the latest version of PHPwhen you were installing Composer. If that is the case, Laravel 5.6 can’t work with PHP version bellow 7.1.3. Make sure you select the latest PHP version while installing Composer.

Let’s launch our Laravel app :

//Open our project
cd bookstore
//launch our project
php artisan serve
Yay! Check localhost:8000 in your browser, our bookstore application is up and running.

One more thing! React Installation.

As we are going to use Laravel with React, it is advantageous to make use of the React preset that is present in Laravel 5.5 and above. I am going to do this quickly as in:

//install the react preset in laravel
php artisan preset react
// compile the react fresh scaffolding
npm install && npm run dev
Everything should be fine after doing that. We have set up the backbones of our project. Yeah! It is time to celebrate. Don’t forget to send me a bottle of Zobo or clap | share bellow if this article is useful.

Wait! If you want to use Eeact alone ,without Laravel, check React documentation to see how to install it. Also, if you don’t know how to use Git, tell me in the comment section and your hills shall be made straight.

You can tell me your observation. Thanks for reading.

Power to your brain!

Check it here : https://medium.com/@ayobamiogundiran/how-to-build-an-online-book-store-with-react-and-laravel-part-1-b8e1007982e9
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hardware77(m): 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2018
fhranchez:
pls do anyone know any noun tutorial center in kubwa
that would be GSS aka black and white. Phase 4
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fhranchez(m): 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2018
Hardware77:
that would be GSS aka black and white. Phase 4
pls do you know how much is the reg fee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.