Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,843 members, 7,862,761 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

Why Are Some People Still Considered As Outcasts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some People Still Considered As Outcasts (606 Views)

Can Flirting Be Considered As Cheating? / Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? / At What Height Is A Man Considered Short? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some People Still Considered As Outcasts by stam101(m): 10:57am On Sep 17, 2013
I really dont know what people mean when they call some people outcasts but i believe its an old time belief and even in the bible i dont think such a thing exists and to me its totally unfair to those people that are considered as outcasts. I can remember when an uncle of mine brought in a girl he said he had d intention of marrying so after a mutual agreement between the two families the girl was allowed to come stay with him of which she later got pregnant for him and few weeks to the marriage so gossips later came in with a news that she's an OSU(outcast) and that was how the marriage ended and the girl was driven back to her people with the baby she gave birth to , so fellow nigerians i'd love to know why some people are considered as outcasts and also to discuss a measure on how dis old time useless belief can be totally curbed out of our present day society
Re: Why Are Some People Still Considered As Outcasts by kreamidiva(f): 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hmmm..... brb
Re: Why Are Some People Still Considered As Outcasts by 25omega(m): 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
i have heard of this osu. what exactly does it mean and what did they do?
Re: Why Are Some People Still Considered As Outcasts by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 18, 2013
First of all, translating Osu to Outcast is wrong and doesn't encompass it's deeper meaning.

Well, Osus are individuals who give up themselves to gods for protection as a result others are scared of mingling with them so as not to bring the wrath of the gods upon then as such individuals are regarded as a property of the gods.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some People Still Considered As Outcasts by 25omega(m): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
gbaky_floor: First of all, translating Osu to Outcast is wrong and doesn't encompass it's deeper meaning.

Well, Osus are individuals who give up themselves to gods for protection as a result others are scared of mingling with them so as not to bring the wrath of the gods upon then as such individuals are regarded as a property of the gods.
Thank you so much. This clarifies things for me.
Re: Why Are Some People Still Considered As Outcasts by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
25omega: Thank you so much. This clarifies things for me.

You are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook ATM Machine / Why Good Women Fall For Bad Men / What I've Learned...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.