Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan (16277 Views)

You Encourage Corruption By Providing Safe Haven For Stolen Funds, Buhari Tells / Don’t Encourage Corruption, APC Cautions Sultan, Oritsejafor, Kukah, Others / “stealing Is Now Corruption” – President-elect Muhammudu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by DisGuy: 10:26am On Sep 18, 2013
He also said both the public and private sectors were involved in corruption but stated that he would not give out their names “so that I won’t be attacked.”

NA OUR PRESIDENT TALK THIS ONE?? CHEIII

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 18, 2013
Did i just hear the retardeen say he cannot mention the names of some corrupt Nigerians for fear of being attacked? The same way he is afraid of naming Boko haram sponsors. This man can't stop amazing me with his abject stoopidity!! grin

Since our president is afraid, then all Nigerians should be afraid too! who wan die? grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by umuchie1: 10:27am On Sep 18, 2013
corruption is not an institution, its an act, it lives in the brain.There is nothing like political corruption, cultural corruption, religious corruption etc, corruption is seen manifest in peoples political, cultural and religious activities, until we begin to see the need for transparency, we will never see how free those sectors are from corrupt practices.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by PeeDaVinci: 10:28am On Sep 18, 2013
funny . . . . . did i read it correctly that gej said that he didnt want to give out names . . chei!! meaning that he knows those corrupt people, and he is not even trying to prosecute them, and he wants to come back and tell us he is fighting corruption dis man is confused.
i must say he is absolutely right by saying nigerians (including himself) encourage corruption, but as he is the president of nigeria, what exactly is he doing to change the orientation of nigerians to corruption? smh 4 gej

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by bakynes(m): 10:35am On Sep 18, 2013
Corrupt President preaching about Corruption.The thing is that the president and his wife don't even know the meaning of Corruption. Some of the things they believe is their right is equally corruption.Like 1 billion naira food,4billion naira Mansion for his wife Juicy multi billion naira contract to Niger delta Militants, Oil theft(which he knows those involved), Subsidy removal scam, pardon for an international criminal,total disrespect for the rule of law, refusing to declare his asset etc. and is now here preaching abt corruption, he shd start from his family first if he really wants to fight corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by aiksneffects: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2013
WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT SOCIETY REWARDING CORRUPT INDIVIDUALS, YOU ALSO TALK ABOUT TRADITIONAL RULERS WHO ARE CONFERRING CHIEFTAINCY TITLES TO PEOPLE WHOSE SOURCES OF RICHES ARE QUESTIONABLE.

YOU TALK ABOUT PEOPLE WHO HAS NO LEGITIMATE BUSINESS YET WITHIN A SHORT TIME, BUILDING HOUSES AND ACQUIRING FLEET OF CARS.

YOU TALK ABOUT CHURCHES, INSTEAD OF PREACHING THE MESSAGE OF SALVATION AND IMPLICATIONS OF HELL, THEY CHOSE TO GLORIFY SUCH PEOPLE AS BEING "BLESSED".

YOU TALK ABOUT CHURCHES WHO PREACH PROSPERITY GOSPEL RATHER THAN HOLINESS AND HAS ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO SEE EARTHLY WEALTH AS A D0-OR-DIE AFFAIR.

UNFORTUNATELY GEJ WILL NOT MENTION CHURCH AS PART OF THE CORRUPTION ALLIANCE IN NIGERIA BECAUSE HIMSELF AND ORITSEJEFOR ARE BODIES JUST AS OBAMA AND RICK WARREN.

WE KNOW GEJ, YOU CANT DO ANY SUCCESS IN NIGERIA CORRUPTION BECAUSE YOU GOVERNMENT ARE PART OF IT, PEOPLE WHO ENGINEERED YOU ELECTION ARE THE CORRUPT MAFIAS IN GOVERNMENT. IF YOU BECOME HASH ON THEM, THEY WILL DESERT YOU.

SO GEJ STOP FOOLING EVERYONE, YOU KNEW HOW TO ELIMINATE CORRUPTION BUT YOUR HANDS ARE TIED, AND YOU SIMPLY CANT ADMIT THAT.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by gemini35(m): 10:41am On Sep 18, 2013
kabba7: One can now understand why he is so corrupt.
imagine presdo,s statement he will nt mention their names so he will nt be attacked,i,wept for my country nigera

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by andyjyd(m): 10:42am On Sep 18, 2013
I'm sorry to say this, if u know d names of corrupt ppl and don't want 2 mention dem, 4 d fear of attack,den u don't deserve 2 be our president.GBAM!!!
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by larride(m): 10:43am On Sep 18, 2013
Yes Mr. President, you are right, we Nigerians are corrupt but have thought for once that this corruption comes from the top, you say we should frown on corruption when the very structure of our great country is corruption personified, what are you doing sir to curb corruption, WE all know that government alone cannot fight corruption alone but the government has the sole responsibility of providing the structure that will curb corruption. For instance sir, if I see someone buying or using things that his/her means can't buy, who should I report too? If I see a fraudstar living so large, who should I report too? The police you will say but is it the same police that are morally corrupt, the police that has been bastardized by corruption. We need institutions and structure that can enable us join in the fight against corruption. So Mr. President, lead us and we shall follow you.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by afdynamic(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2013
Davo93: Fact! I expect some people to start drawing out a lot of criticism out from this simple and lucid statement.

That statement couple with others like dat is one of the reason why GEJ is not fit to be a nigerian president. who will attack him, the president of a country. Kai... Nawa oo....

is he not the one that useless the national honour by giving it to bunch of criminals.... it that not an encouragement of corruption.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by wellmax(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2013
In other news...

Netherlands Close Eight Prisons Due To Lack Of Criminals
https://www.nairaland.com/1443915/netherlands-close-eight-prisons-due
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 10:46am On Sep 18, 2013
andy jyd: I'm sorry to say this, if u know d names of corrupt ppl and don't want 2 mention dem, 4 d fear of attack,den u don't deserve 2 be our president.GBAM!!!
Bros you don't need to be sorry ooo, He GEJ is not sorry so why should you?! All he (GEJ) has ever done is to sit back and relax while things fall apart around him, later he'll come and say he doesn't want to mention names, who is he trying to fool?, the guys has absolutely no idea what he's up against.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by guyANDROID1: 10:46am On Sep 18, 2013
Uncle Jona...pls mention the corrupt people in this country and don't forget to include your name so that you won't be attacked.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Lordlexyy: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2013
Rexphobia: No be like.

Corruption in Nigeria is institutionalized. You will rather offer bribe than do things the right way.

For instance,

1. Settle Law enforcement agents than visit their office
2. Admission racketeering
3. Pay to get your license, international passport, etc in 48hrs than queue under the scourging sun and wait for eternity for issuance.

I can go on and on. We have all in one way of the other been actively or otherwise involved in corruption.

Our system currently supports corruption. We need to start the reforms from there.

Uncle Jo is only exposing some of the lapses and we want to kill him already. He didn't start this process.

I no say him sef no get him own o, him hand sef dirty wella.

Safe
Spot on bro. The system is the very factor that encourage the populace to indulge in corruption. Imagine in a police station where you have to pay for a pen, fullscap or settle a traffic waden for a minor offence. If the govt strengthens the institutions, the system and Nigerians will follow suit.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Lordlexyy: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2013
Rexphobia: No be like.

Corruption in Nigeria is institutionalized. You will rather offer bribe than do things the right way.

For instance,

1. Settle Law enforcement agents than visit their office
2. Admission racketeering
3. Pay to get your license, international passport, etc in 48hrs than queue under the scourging sun and wait for eternity for issuance.

I can go on and on. We have all in one way of the other been actively or otherwise involved in corruption.

Our system currently supports corruption. We need to start the reforms from there.

Uncle Jo is only exposing some of the lapses and we want to kill him already. He didn't start this process.

I no say him sef no get him own o, him hand sef dirty wella.

Safe
Spot on bro. The system is the very factor that encourage the populace to indulge in corruption. Imagine in a police station where you have to pay for a pen, fullscap or settle a traffic waden for a minor offence. If the govt strengthens the institutions, the system and Nigerians will follow suit.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Marksule(m): 11:02am On Sep 18, 2013
Pls help. I Want To know how much be Startimes Decorder in Lagos?
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by chucky234(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2013
The fact that Nigerians encourages corruption is an open secret but is GEJ an exception,the answer is a capital NO.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:05am On Sep 18, 2013
Uncle GEJ wen will u admit dat ur tenor is hard on Nigerians,u ar now pushing it to us dat we ar corrupt.I rather vote 4 BRF dan waste my vote on u come 2015
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 18, 2013
If you support Tinubu, Obasanjo, Atiku, Orji Uzor Kalu and others like em, my brother/sister u re supporting corruption
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Picomon(m): 11:12am On Sep 18, 2013
Hin no fit lie now, wetin Jona wan use lie do? After hin dey backup those corrupt politicians. If hin no get sumtin for cupboard hin go mention their name.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by funnyx(m): 11:13am On Sep 18, 2013
Fighting corruption in Nigeria or anywhere is not about giving speeches on the podium, its about taking actions.
Firstly, any government serious about fighting corruption in Nigeria must begin by reforming all our major institutions like the police, immigration, customs, etc
Secondly, a massive reorientation of Nigerians via radio, television and social media about corruption and corrupt practices. This is necessary because Nigerians now see corruption as normal.

Lastly, lead my example; declare your assets and prosecute offenders without any sacred cows. Make examples of some high government officials who are corrupt.
Without doing those things I listed above, the president is simply lying about his non existent desire to fight corruption. BTW he's even afraid to mention names grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by hok4u(f): 11:18am On Sep 18, 2013
damibravo: Simple Philosophy...

Premise 1- Nigerians Encourage Corruption
Premise 2- GEJ is the number one Nigerian...

Conclusion.............

can someone help me with that

YOU SURELY DID LOGIC IN SCHOOL
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Bagayouche: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2013
Speaking of corruption is GEJ not the head of corrupt practices, sorry to say let him release the list and have them dealt with if he is not part of them.[/color][color=#770077]
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Ninapha(f): 11:29am On Sep 18, 2013
damibravo: Simple Philosophy...

Premise 1- Nigerians Encourage Corruption
Premise 2- GEJ is the number one Nigerian...

Conclusion.............

can someone help me with that
I thought it is called Logics, philo na wetin inspire us na abi thru belief. Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Wolef7(m): 11:37am On Sep 18, 2013
Lead by example joor. Corruption is every where tho. But if GEJ can support the anti graft institutions to persecute corrupt ogas@theTop, trust me petty corrupt individuals will either repent or be caught. But Oga GEj cannot name them because..............

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by wola44: 11:38am On Sep 18, 2013
dr.shrewd:
[b]mr. presido I am sorry to say this you are the commander in chief of corruption in this country. your gov't lacks transparency and accountability. first of all you refuse to declare your asset as opposed to your former boss yaradua who declared his asset when he resumed office. this act alone reeks of corruption in all ramifications and does not portray genuine intention of somebody that wants to eradicate curruption. you also encouraged corruption by granting an international known fraud star presidential pardon. you instigated the commotion in the rivers state house of assembly by sponsoring five honorable cultist to impeach a speaker that is backed by 27 honorable members. you also encouraged corruption when you hosted a faction of NGF in your villa notifying the nation your stand that 17 is greater than 19 what a shame to somebody that is supposedly fighting corruption angry so what lessons do you axpect us to learn from these corrupt reeking practices you have to practice what you preach
shalom my dear presido [/b]

Thank you for your good point.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by SIRKOL(m): 11:39am On Sep 18, 2013
U have a point oga jonah! But I also hv evidencessss against u but I won't provide them "so that I won't be attacked" or nairalanders wetin una fink
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by obagoriola: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2013
PRESIDENT EGBERE Jonathan I SPERFECTLY RIGHT.

NIGERIAN Encourage Corruption

While

THE PRESIDENT ENDORSE IT

Kettle calling Pot Black
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by size38: 11:47am On Sep 18, 2013
This is rubbish mr president. What happened to Otedola and Farouk? What happened to pension scam? F**k
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by wola44: 11:47am On Sep 18, 2013
Corrupt People in your cabinet

1. Petroleum Minister
2. Labour Minister
3. Attorney Minister
4. Niger Delta Minister . etc

Kettle calling Pot Black. Show us good example GEJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot / Senate Crisis: Oyegun's Fate Shaky As APC Caucus Meets / Ambode Commissions Kuramo Primary School's Class Rooms, Road Water Supply Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.