Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan (16275 Views)

You Encourage Corruption By Providing Safe Haven For Stolen Funds, Buhari Tells / Don’t Encourage Corruption, APC Cautions Sultan, Oritsejafor, Kukah, Others / “stealing Is Now Corruption” – President-elect Muhammudu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
Abok1:

It is very absurd and irresponsible for the President to make this kind of statement without making meaningful efforts toward addressing the issue as it is. The attitude of shifting blames is setting a bad precedence for the office of the president of Nigeria. Because I am quite taken aback by the galimaufry body language of GEJ, which is quite embarrassing, to say the least

Your expectation is too high.

If you could realise this cretin is the dumbest president of Nigeria ever, you would not be speaking all this grammar and expecting him to think.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Olaolufred(m): 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2013
damibravo: Simple Philosophy...

Premise 1- Nigerians Encourage Corruption
Premise 2- GEJ is the number one Nigerian...

Conclusion.............

can someone help me with that

Gej encourages corruption.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
has anyone seen the pathetic liar and hypocrite called INSINCERE 9GERIAN and the ill mannered TAHARQA or whatever his fuccking name is? Why haven't they defended their CLUELESS paymaster yet. Am shocked they are avoiding this thread like a plaque. LOL! grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
A country where citizens are routinely shot by corrupt police for not parting with their money. What a joke! Blame the victims.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by eluquenson(m): 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by richybanky(m): 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
Oga Jona u ar sick upstairs sir, u don't knw Nigerians ar corupt wen u ar using #3M to eat per day U suppose to be in zoo feeding wild animals...... Nonsense talk!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by deebrain(m): 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
he is correct. thank God he said that. now we know the nationality of those that have been looting our treasury. police you can now go in and make arrests! they are within your jurisdiction. angry
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Pataki: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
This President is stark dumb! Haba!

Retardeen we already know you suffer from abject stewpeedity! But please kindly just shut up. I have never seen a man like you, whose high level of stewpeedity is so repulsive!

You cannot mention Boko Haram members in your cabinet, you cannot mention who you reckon are the bunch of corrupt Nigerians that you know, you cannot prosecute people who are cursed to keep stealing tax payers money and bringing disgrace to this country - what a hopeless, spineless, clueless and useless President you are! You are just like them corrupt moooooron - you are of your father, the devil.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
Pataki: This President is stark dumb! Haba!

Retardeen we already know you suffer from abject stewpeedity! But please kindly just shut up. I have never seen a man like you, whose high level of stewpeedity is so repulsive!

You cannot mention Boko Haram members in your cabinet, you cannot mention who you reckon are the bunch of corrupt Nigerians that you know, you cannot prosecute people who are cursed to keep stealing tax payers money and bringing disgrace to this country - what a hopeless, spineless, clueless and useless President you are! You are just like them corrupt moooooron - you are of your father, the devil.

plus 345,678likes! cool

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
TechRev:

@bolded its so true. A society that rewards money no matter how it was acquired can never fight corruption!
you are easily deceived. Smh
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by agbameta: 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
He also said both the public and private sectors were involved in corruption but stated that he would not give out their names “so that I won’t be attacked.”

Calling this clown kindergarten president is like singing his praise..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by tete7000(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tayeni: Presidential pardon he gave? What was dt all about? I might b with him on other issues.....but he negated his speech when he gave dt pardon to Alam.
While you are correct, he may also not be wrong.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by agbameta: 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
How do you encourage corruption really?

1. Surround yourself with crooked and corrupt people

2. Appoint and hire crooks with questionable characters

3. Pardon treasury looting convicts

4. Refuse to arrest and prosecute treasury looters and scammers

5. Will not empower and support federal crime fighting agencies

6. Personal weakness, incompetence, clueless about job his own job description as the commander in chief and the chief law enforcement officer in Nigeria..

GEJ is the main facilitator of corruption in Nigeria. The clown is the leader, he should set the tone for others to follow, but t he man is obviously a worthless lame duck and a figure head dullard doing more damage than good..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Abok1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
agbameta:

Calling this clown kindergarten president is like singing his praise..

This president sounds gambrinous any time he opens his mouth to talk, because there are some things that should be left unsaid because they are jumentuous. I weep for my country, if this is the man that wants to stay in power by force beyond 2015
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
While the clueless cowboy rubberstamps it rather than lead by example!
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by eluquenson(m): 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
mayten30: ur point is so dry,what about the president of some countries that are not corrupt but they have citizens that are corrupt?can u now see why I said your point makes no sense

Your argument is baseless, simply say some country has a minimal corrupt president.
Nobody holy pass for this our time oh tongue
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Odehfamily(m): 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
Jonathan is also corrupt. I rest ma case
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Crownvilla(m): 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
dr.shrewd:
[b]mr. presido I am sorry to say this you are the commander in chief of corruption in this country. your gov't lacks transparency and accountability. first of all you refuse to declare your asset as opposed to your former boss yaradua who declared his asset when he resumed office. this act alone reeks of corruption in all ramifications and does not portray genuine intention of somebody that wants to eradicate curruption. you also encouraged corruption by granting an international known fraud star presidential pardon. you instigated the commotion in the rivers state house of assembly by sponsoring five honorable cultist to impeach a speaker that is backed by 27 honorable members. you also encouraged corruption when you hosted a faction of NGF in your villa notifying the nation your stand that 17 is greater than 19 what a shame to somebody that is supposedly fighting corruption angry so what lessons do you axpect us to learn from these corrupt reeking practices you have to practice what you preach
shalom my dear presido [/b]

@ Dr Shrewd

I understand your frustration/anger at GEJ for his weak stance on corruption, however you have got the wrong end of the stick with your comment above.

GEJ has declared his assets to the relevant bureau as required by the constitution. He refused to declare his assets publicly a la Yar'adua; but he has not broken any law or done anything wrong by this action. The declaration of assets publicly is NOT a requirement of the constitution.

In my humble opinion, I think GEJ is very corrupt going by information that was in the public domain, from the time he was Governor of Bayelsa state. When Yar'adua decided to go beyond the constitutional requirements to declare his assets publicly, several ministers followed suit; albeit (in my humble opinion) hypocritically. GEJ initially dithered but relented after intense media and public pressure.

Now that he is the "OGA AT THE TOP" he can call the shots. Sadly, this means business as usual.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by nora544: 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
agbameta: How do you encourage corruption really?

1. Surround yourself with crooked and corrupt people

2. Appoint and hire crooks with questionable characters

3. Pardon treasury looting convicts

4. Refuse to arrest and prosecute treasury looters and scammers

5. Will not empower and support federal crime fighting agencies

6. Personal weakness, incompetence, clueless about job his own job description as the commander in chief and the chief law enforcement officer in Nigeria..

GEJ is the main facilitator of corruption in Nigeria. The clown is the leader, he should set the tone for others to follow, but t he man is obviously a worthless lame duck and a figure head dullard doing more damage than good..

The next big facilitator of corruption are this new churches who preach about powerty and tithing and sow sewing, and giving, and ask in churchservice people out if the can give one million naira to the church, I want to ask you did any of this rich pastors ask where the money comes, so please this is what GEJ want to say when he means privat also.

What will happen when he goes after one of this so called great man of god, i know what will come out, because the pastors are the popstars in nigeria - the live like popstars - and the people love them like popstart - they can make everything.

A church that cannot pay her tax, is not a good example for her followers, because the church should be a leader how a christian should live.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by emmatemmy(m): 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
you are the first person that encourage it, imagin someone that wnt to fight corruption granted presidental pardon to so call almesigha or whatever he called him self, that means he's encouraging it in the country,

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
Jonathan has said it all,we nigerians encourage corruption,including our president,if not,he would have mention names and bring them to justice

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by buchilino(m): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tayeni: Presidential pardon he gave? What was dt all about? I might b with him on other issues.....but he negated his speech when he gave dt pardon to Alam.

i dont like politicians (GJ INCLUDED), but look around u do we see a beta alternative. its same old breed just changing its colors. but wen u look at wat he said (like it or not) its d truth. how u may ask, we (Nigerians in general) allowed graft in our land way of life etc. example i start an agro business, after months of labor in rain n sun shine, an idiot goes n steal my labor. while society hails the thief as a smart guy, the society will call me a jew guy n mumu guy. we allowed n encouraged graft dats y we r not moving forward.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by gboso1ne(m): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
Make i hear word jare.lyk say he 2 no dey pack our money.abi no b d same politicians corrupt pass or no b d same EFCC he dey use dey fight im opponents?.Nigerians know thigs pass all dis show
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by tunapius(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
chiover: Alams completed his jail term and asked for forgiveness but that doesn't free Jonathan from being atlest 5% corrupt.
haba, uncle jona is too sincere to b doubt
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by tunapius(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
Saklekplus: Jonathan has said it all,we nigerians encourage corruption,including our president,if not,he would have mention names and bring them to justice
Exactly, afterall hes also a nigerian
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by hustla(m): 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
I refuse to comment
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by hustla(m): 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sagamite:

Your expectation is too high.

If you could realise this cretin is the dumbest president of Nigeria ever, you would not be speaking all this grammar and expecting him to think.

shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by JimmyBoy1: 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
A true leader is suppose to fix a broken system, but this one passes the bulk back to the followers. GEJ is the worst we have ever had.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by kolaladeb(m): 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
The beautiful ones are not yet born.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by MichaelDemekaa: 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sorry, a leader who is competent and wants the truth to always prevail will never make a loosed statement like that. can GEJ mention which public officer accused of corruption that is been locked in prison. People eat Pension money and are set free. EFCC AND ICPC are they not only deceiving Nigerians, chasing political opponents? Last week of so the governors of the new PDP were threatened of EFCC visit. whos is fooling who? Leaders don't want Nigeria to be free of Corruption.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by MichaelDemekaa: 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
[color=#006600]"The President said “ When you talk about corruption, the private sector is involved; the public sector is involved; even individuals. But I wouldn’t want to mention names so that I will not be attacked".

If the President says he will not mention the names of corrupt persons for fear of being attacked, who don't like his or life that he is saying should report corrupt people?
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Kinisoo(m): 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
segzytemi:

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerians-encourage-corruption-jonathan/

Was he not the one that made us to believe that 16 is greater than 19?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" / Nobody Should Kill Nigerian In South Africa – Jacob Zuma / Gov Bello Mobilizes Contractors For Umomi Idah Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.