Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan (16272 Views)

You Encourage Corruption By Providing Safe Haven For Stolen Funds, Buhari Tells / Don’t Encourage Corruption, APC Cautions Sultan, Oritsejafor, Kukah, Others / “stealing Is Now Corruption” – President-elect Muhammudu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Hearme(m): 11:48am On Sep 18, 2013
That proverb of 7M-15M car after 6month work is similar to awarding contract to an ex militant who buys a 2.2billion naira jet after 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Wsdm: 11:50am On Sep 18, 2013
What baffled me about the psych of this man is; when the past presidents where busy lying covertly he is busy lying overtly.
How can you exonerate your self from corruption when a whopping 2.6 trillion was stolen in the name of paying for subsidy on petroleum in just a year during you regime.
Honestly you are deceiving your self and not us.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by slimmingcare(f): 11:53am On Sep 18, 2013
ok
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 18, 2013
GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by tpia5: 11:57am On Sep 18, 2013
Na today?
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by momove4real25(f): 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
Start by slashg d feedg allowance,n wardrobe allowance of presidency frst
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
chiover: Alams completed his jail term and asked for forgiveness but that doesn't free Jonathan from being atlest 5% corrupt.
which jail term?in which country?
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Lilimax(f): 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sery777: GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by 2rutalk1: 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
That is an indisputable fact. An average Nigerian is corrupt. Before you nail Mr. president, strike any business deal with a Nigerian or do some transactions with employees of Public Corporations. Then, you will understand the real meaning of corruption. Corruption runs in the blood of every Nigerian. Even the EFCC, ICPC, Police and other related agencies are managed by humans. Except you format the brain of Nigerians or drain our blood, nothing will stop Corruption in Nigeria. It has nothing to do with the President.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Omooba77: 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
2ru-talk:
That is an indisputable fact. An average Nigerian is corrupt. Before you nail Mr. president, strike any business deal with a Nigerian or do some transactions with employees of Public Corporations. Then, you will understand the real meaning of corruption. Corruption runs in the blood of every Nigerian. Even the EFCC, ICPC, Police and other related agencies are managed by humans. Except you format the brain of Nigerians or drain our blood, nothing will stop Corruption in Nigeria. It has nothing to do with the President.
Do businees with anyone of them; the next thing is to cheat you. All those who are building houses with our money doesnt concern many as long as they can collect 20k to do faji.............
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Jayuba(m): 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
If the head is good the tail will likewise be good vis versa. Nigerians are corrupt becos he (president) is corrupt And dat is it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Positiveminds(m): 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tayeni: Presidential pardon he gave? What was dt all about? I might b with him on other issues.....but he negated his speech when he gave dt pardon to Alam.

It is called PARDON, otondo.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by ba7man(m): 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
mayten30: are you trying to say no country that has a president that is not corrupt?now if you are opening your mouth to assume that there is no country that do have a president that is not corrupt then that means no one have to complain about good-luck?since u assume obama the president of america is corrupt....see without the other parts of the body the head cannot stay,so corruption starts from the down to up,corrupt leaders did not start corruption when they held top office,it started from grass-root even before they were appointed,that's my point!!!corruption starts from home
Wrong, it flows from the top to the bottom. Childen imitate their parents, workers follow their bosses actions and instructions, followers do what their leaders do or instruct.......not the other way around.

Name those countries with proof or hold your peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Horus(m): 12:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Abok1(m): 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
damibravo: Simple Philosophy...

Premise 1- Nigerians Encourage Corruption
Premise 2- GEJ is the number one Nigerian...

Conclusion.............

can someone help me with that

It is very absurd and irresponsible for the President to make this kind of statement without making meaningful efforts toward addressing the issue as it is. The attitude of shifting blames is setting a bad precedence for the office of the president of Nigeria. Because I am quite taken aback by the galimaufry body language of GEJ, which is quite embarrassing, to say the least

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
sad
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Tayeni(m): 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
Positiveminds:

It is called PARDON, otondo.
what r you trying to say oga?
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Wolef7(m): 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hearme: That proverb of 7M-15M car after 6month work is similar to awarding contract to an ex militant who buys a 2.2billion naira jet after 2 years.
#gbam

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Virgin Finder: Spot on!

Nigerians are extremely corrupt and enjoy it. angry
From the Oga at the Top to the bottom.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Wolef7(m): 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: Most Nigerians believe that the best way to fight corruption is to always shout ''
government is corrupt, police is corrupt''. The same parents that pay bribe to exam invigilators are the same people that accuse the government of being corrupt.
Every Nigerian needs to change.
You have a point, corruption is every where. But let those at the top lead the way, and everything thing will change.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by pappilo(m): 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
TechRev:

@bolded its so true. A society that rewards money no matter how it was acquired can never fight corruption!

Your president is extremely dumb and retarded if that was the best analogy he could come up with.

A 25 year old man living at home with his parents and has an interest in cars can surely buy a N10 million car within six months of starting work at Shell on a N12 million PA salary. Banks offer products that enable this

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by ambgiano(m): 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
damibravo: Simple Philosophy...

Premise 1- Nigerians Encourage Corruption
Premise 2- GEJ is the number one Nigerian...

Conclusion.............

can someone help me with that
Therefore, Jonathan encourages corruption
Though the logical argument is not valid, it is however sound.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by hanzofresh: 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
segzytemi:

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerians-encourage-corruption-jonathan/

Mr President is right and did not exclude Himself. Nigeria Has a long way to go. Its not all about strengtening the institutions thar fight corruption, the basic amenities/ infrastructure should be provided. For instance, a child is enrolled in a Public primary school with dearth/unqualified teachers, poor facilities and after 6yrs is promoted to Jss1 in another Public setting with epileptic teachers/teaching aids. Now its time for WAEC, the result reflects the educational background. Do you expect the person to commit suicide? No. He/she must pass the next exam @ all cost with all corrupt means attached. The same goes in other sectors.
Once govt provides the basic amenities for its teaming population, corruption will be reduced.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by lastpage: 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
oladapo_a1: A ki i gbò buburu lénu abòrè

Dont mind Mr. president, he is the "typical Hypocrite" who tells everyone "what to do" .... but never does the same thing himself!

He has taken corruption to a new level and it is very insulting to our collective intelligence, to hear him preach about corruption!

What about the $12Billion he is distributing to the PDP Governors in his own camp... to buy their support? dat one is not corruption ba? ...or is it "Nigerians" that are responsible for that one as well?
What about his unemployed Mother in-law who suddenly starts donating houses? DID HE ASK HER WHERE SHE GOT THE MONEY or DID HE CLAP FOR HER

He should STOP pretending and preaching with one side of his mouth while stealing and looting with the other side.

We dont need lectures from criminals like him but he is right on one thing: If not for our "system" that breeds criminals/thieves/looters like wild stubborn grass, people like him will be rotting in jail by now.

I no fit shout joor.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by omenka(m): 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
He also said both the public and private sectors
were involved in corruption but stated that he
would not give out their names “so that I won’t
be attacked."

Who could ever believe a PRESIDENT said this
This man needs psychiatric evaluation!!
I realy don't know if communication skill is his problem or he's just plain dumb.

On another note, I'd like him to tell us how Nigerians encouraged him in connivance with Alison Mabueke, to steal over a trillion naira in an election year, or how we encourage him to encourage known crooks like Anini (pun intended), Bode George, Maina, and the most brazen of all, Alams!!

What a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by CHILDofGOD85: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
Mr president refused to give out names and he advising me to give out names.

Mr presido I don't want to be attacked too.

Lead by example sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Desric(m): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
While I agree totally with Mr. President on the issues that A society that celebrates and rewards corruption can not fight corruption, rather they will drive or lure everybody to the path of corruption, I also totally disagree with him when he said that his Administration is doing everything to strengthen anti graft institutions in the country because that is a blatant lie. His body language, his actions, his wife, his mum who just recently donated a multi million naira hostel to a University in Bayelsa state without a known source of income, as well as actions of members of his Administration speaks volumes of contrary measures from what he projected here.
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has lamented that in spite of institutional reforms aimed at fighting corrupt practices, Nigerians, through their actions encourage graft.

This person is talking?

https://www.nairaland.com/1441390/lagos-ibadan-express-road-work-progress/9#18185628
Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
The President said “ When you talk about corruption, the private sector is involved; the public sector is involved; even individuals. But I wouldn’t want to mention names so that I will not be attacked.

1. It's very hard to find the body of a stream unpolluted when its springs are ruined. How are Nigerians expected to be less than corrupt when their leaders have thieving fingers? I don't think his position is a very presidential one.

2. The bolded is a very unpresidential thing to say na, ahn ahn! Na wa o!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
wellmax: Q: Why is corruption so rampant in Nigeria?
GEJ: Nigerians encourage corruption
Q: Are you a Nigerian?
GEJ: No, I'm China sire.. My name is Goodluck xian sin suun dullerthan
angryangry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy / Buhari Undecided, Atiku, Duke Ready For Presidential Debate Jan 19 / EFCC Arrests Village Head For Fraud, As Akwa Ibom Community Stages Protests (pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.