Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT (10060 Views)

Amaechi Helps Stranded Public Servants In Abuja.. See Photos / MTEF: FEC Approves N6tr Expenditure For 2016 / Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
WorldStage Newsonline-- The Federal Government Wednesday approved the purchase of 30 units of 33-seater buses for Federal civil servants in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) following the ban on commercial buses in Abuja, Nigeria capital city.

According to the Heads of Service of the Federation, Bukar Goni Aji, the buses were approved to ameliorate the sufferings of civil servants in the city following the ban on commercial buses within the city.

He said: “After t adoption of the previous conclusion, the President tabled a memorandum to seek council's ratification of his anticipatory approval for the procurement of 30 numbers of 33-seater diesel air conditioned Innoson bus IVM6800, by the office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation.

“The procurement of the buses will serve as a welfare package for civil servants and as palliative for transportation difficulties being experienced by the teeming civil servants living in satellite towns within the FCT as well as increase productivity and raise staff morale for service delivery.

“In view of the priority placed on service delivery at institutional and individual levels in the public service by the administration and the enormous benefits of the scheme on the lives of the beneficiaries, council ratified the President's anticipatory approval for the procurement of 30 numbers of 33-seater deselect air conditioned Innoson Bus IVM 6800 , in favor of Messrs Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Ltd in the sum of N311,850,00.00, inclusive of VAT, with delivery period of 10 months. Each bus costs N9.9 million.”

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=10868&catid=2

10 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
Is this supposed to be an achievement? I mean, if the federal government don't provide buses for civil servants, who will? Commercial buses were banned by the government in the city and you expect civil servants to trek to work? C'mon! I don't see anything laudable about this.

Wouldn't it be a pride of the country if our president rides
in a limo indigenously built by Innoson for our president;
Just as Cadillac built the Limo Obama rides in. Just as
Mercedes built the Limo that the Chancellor rides in. Just
as Putin Limo is built by ZiL. Now, President Jonathan Limo
is built by Innoson. If Innoson can build those elegant
looking SUVs, if given the contract; good money, they will
build something enviable by all African countries

11 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
This is TRANSPARENCY at its best. Everything has been laid bare- unit price, total cost, VAT, name of supplier/manufacturer. Its more like an individual going to Innoson to purchase vehicles with his own money. This is a deadly blow to corruption. Even more impressive is the fact that this is consistent with the FG policy of patronizing locally manufactured products. What more could a people ask of their govt? I can only say kudos to the FG and hope they continue on this path. I also hope state govts can replicate same in their respective states.

45 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Danhumprey: 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
I hope the buses would be supplied? We don't wana hear of massive embezzlement.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Is this supposed to be an achievement? I mean, if the federal government don't provide buses for civil servants, who will? I don't see anything laudable about this. Next story please!! grin
Mumu. What do you come to NL to do? I guess to be informed and maybe entertained. If you dont like this information, kindly move to other threads.

16 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by taharqa: 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Is this supposed to be an achievement? I mean, if the federal government don't provide buses for civil servants, who will? Commercial buses were banned by the government in the city and you expect civil servants to trek to work? C'mon! I don't see anything laudable about this. Next story please!! grin
There surely is a reason why many people call u an IJIOT.

24 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Mumu. What do you come to NL to do? I guess to get informed and maybe entertained. If you dont like this information, kindly move to other threads.
I come to nairaland to slay liars,sycophants and hypocrites like you! Now back off before i throw my sledge hammer on you! angry

who's next! cool

7 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
taharqa: There surely is a reason why many people call u an IJIOT.
Here comes another double crossing mud muncher! Back off you punk!! angry

next fool please!! cool

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by taharqa: 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
@topic, Kudos to FG. Another purchase of cars from Innoson after d 1st one. Other Govts and individuals shld continue to patronise Innoson and other Indigenous Cops

13 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Joyfullyme: 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Is this supposed to be an achievement? I mean, if the federal government don't provide buses for civil servants, who will? Commercial buses were banned by the government in the city and you expect civil servants to trek to work? C'mon! I don't see anything laudable about this. Next story please!! grin
Please you people should leave him alone.
What a person does not know or understand is beyond him.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Tolexander: 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
They should order them for themselves before the civil servants. Hypocrisy at its peak!

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by ak47mann(m): 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: I come to nairaland to slay liars,sycophants and hypocrites like you! Now back off before i throw my sledge hammer on you! angry

who's next! cool
are you against govt action or you are just trying to please umu ofe as usual akwuna oku cool cool be objective next time an opposition knows when to criticize but in your case any development from PDP is not welcome because you dnt see broom logo in your plate of AMALA. Make sure tifumbu buys enough oil wells in imo state by 2015 because you and rochas will be kicked out from govt house.. cool

18 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
ak47mann: are you against govt action or you are just trying to please umu ofe as usual akwuna oku cool cool be objective next time an opposition knows when to criticize but in your case any development from PDP is not welcome because you dnt see broom logo in your plate of AMALA. Make sure tifumbu buys enough oil wells in imo state by 2015 because you and rochas will be kicked out from govt house.. cool
Iddiotic talk and off topic coming from a sex starved deranged fool!!

next!!!!

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Kairoseki77: 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
The Federal Government Wednesday approved the purchase of 30 units of 33-seater buses for Federal civil servants in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) following the ban on commercial buses in Abuja, Nigeria capital city.

So this is the outcome of the commercial bus ban in Abuja?!

Normal citizens are no longer allowed to ride commercial busses, but GEJ's circus gets free personal bus rides? The money meant for the masses gets spent on GEJ's staff?

Am I supposed to be happy?

It must be good to be a civil servant! I wish someone would buy an air conditioned bus to drive me around for free! Citizens without cars will just have to suffer under the ban while walking to work. Oh, and hope they can get a job in the government.

This is the definition of an anti-poor policy.

“The procurement of the buses will serve as a welfare package for civil servants and as palliative for transportation difficulties being experienced by the teeming civil servants living in satellite towns within the FCT as well as increase productivity and raise staff morale for service delivery.

Well! I guess the poor are just sh*t out of luck! Their transportation difficulties are obviously irrelevant.

22 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: I come to nairaland to slay liars,sycophants and hypocrites like you! Now back off before i throw my sledge hammer on you! angry

who's next! cool
Those terms (liar, sycophant, hypocrite) perfectly describes the one and only @berem. Meanwhile you sound bitter, angry and heavily yoked. What's happening to you? What is eating you up? Notwithstanding partisan differences, some of us are willing to assist troubled souls. Pls do not hesistate to ask for help if you need any.

23 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by takeprofit: 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Here comes another double crossing mud muncher! Back off you punk!! angry

next fool please!! cool

are u sure u r (f) as i see on ur username. if so, then (m) r in trouble.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by cashkid18(m): 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
u just ended up wastin a space i cud hv used to type sumtin tangible

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Kairoseki77: 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Those adjectives perfectly describes the one and only @berem. Meanwhile you sound bitter, angry and heavily yoked. What's happening to you? What is eating you up? Notwithstanding partisan differences, some of us are willing to assist troubled souls. Pls do not hesistate to ask for help if you need any.

Sincere9gerian, how much is your soul worth to you?

I will buy it. Just tell me your price.

19 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by agbameta: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

lmao...this is so funny..

8 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

$1billion. Meanwhile, I heard what you guys receive from Tinubu is minimum wage (N20,000 every month). That is pathetic to say the least. That might explain the low morale and abysmal performance of Tinubu rats on this forum.

13 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by cashkid18(m): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

must u always end up typin thrash

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by takeprofit: 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: WorldStage Newsonline-- The Federal Government Wednesday approved the purchase of 30 units of 33-seater buses for Federal civil servants in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) following the ban on commercial buses in Abuja, Nigeria capital city.

According to the Heads of Service of the Federation, Bukar Goni Aji, the buses were approved to ameliorate the sufferings of civil servants in the city following the ban on commercial buses within the city.

He said: “After t adoption of the previous conclusion, the President tabled a memorandum to seek council's ratification of his anticipatory approval for the procurement of 30 numbers of 33-seater diesel air conditioned Innoson bus IVM6800, by the office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation.

“In view of the priority placed on service delivery at institutional and individual levels in the public service by the administration and the enormous benefits of the scheme on the lives of the beneficiaries, council ratified the President's anticipatory approval for the procurement of 30 numbers of 33-seater deselect air conditioned Innoson Bus IVM 6800 , in favor of Messrs Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Ltd in the sum of N311,850,00.00, inclusive of VAT, with delivery period of 10 months. Each bus costs N9.9 million.”

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=10868&catid=2

good development joor. i remember asking my business partner in china to help me purchase something ( a software) outside china. he told me chinese are not allowed to buy such things outside china. that he must find it or an alternative within china. i felt so foolish buying things from him. but nigerians, as foolish as many of us are, want to buy every thing from oversea. even pure water.

12 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by ak47mann(m): 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Iddiotic talk and off topic coming from a sex starved deranged fool!!

next!!!!
akwuna you are the one talking rubbish,tell me what you have gained from APC govt in IMO state?how many APC state governor ever patronize innosson motors,innosson groups manufacture many things but you will not see a single innosson product in APC states,or else is FG invest on it.I think from your character i can attest that you are not stable mentally cool

Onye oku na agba be ya ona anuru onye mba ogu cool come to UK any product made in UK get patronize by UK govt be it welsh gov,Scottish gov,Englis.And dnt tell me that you dnt know that UK Conservative PARTY that are in power dnt get criticized by other parties, if they see that the party in power is not working towards improving British economy.

9 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by takeprofit: 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
ak47mann: akwuna you are the one talking rubbish,tell me what you have gained from APC govt in IMO state?how many APC state governor ever patronize innosson motors,innosson groups manufacture many things but you will not see a single innosson product in APC states,or else is FG invest on it.I think from your character i can attest that you are not stable mentally cool

Onye oku na agba be ya ona anuru onye mba ogu cool come to UK any product made in UK get patronize by UK govt be it welsh gov,Scottish gov,Englis.And dnt tell me that you dnt know that UK Conservative PARTY that are in power dnt get criticized by other parties, if they see that the party in power is not working towards improving British economy.

IMAGINE THAT!
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
takeprofit:

good development joor. i remember asking my business partner in china to help me purchase something ( a software) outside china. he told me chinese are not allowed to buy such things outside china. that he must find it or an alternative within china. i felt so foolish buying things from him. but nigerians, as foolish as many of us are, want to buy every thing from oversea. even pure water.
Exactly. The implication of buying local is enormous. For instance, the more Innoson is patronized, the more the company builds capacity (which leads to progressive improvement in quality), expands and employ more Nigerians. If Innoson becomes successful, more Nigerians will look in the direction of his line of business and establish similar vehicle manufacturing plant. That is more jobs for the unemployed. Over time, locally made vehicles will dominate the market and Nigeria will be saved huge foreign exchange.

14 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by gramci: 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
$1billion. Meanwhile, I heard what you guys receive from Tinubu is minimum wage (N20,000 every month). That is pathetic to say the least. That might explains the low morale and abysmal performance of Tinubu rats on this forum.

its N18,000, Gbawe collects N2,000 levy from each of his e-urchins

10 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Kairoseki77: 8:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Exactly. The implication of buying local is enormous. For instance, the more Innoson is patronized, the more the company builds capacity (which leads to progressive improvement in quality), expands and employ more Nigerians. If Innoson becomes successful, more Nigerians will look in the direction of his line of business and establish similar vehicle manufacturing plant. That is more jobs for the unemployed. Over time, locally made vehicles will dominate the market and Nigeria will be saved huge foreign exchange.

You are missing the point.

The reason these busses are being purchased is to ferry civil servants from their homes to work. Now, if it is such a terrible inconvenience for the civil servants to not have access to commercial bus, what does that mean for the other million people that live in Abuja?

They are forced to suffer the inconvenience, but with NO free air conditioned Innonson bus to ferry them.

What kind of bad policy is this? When Fashola banned okadas, he did not buy personal motorcycles and drivers to drive LASG officials to work.

Civil servants need to know how the common man lives, or else they are USELESS. How can civil servants promote, enforce, and draft laws that they themselves refuse to follow. This is ridiculous. *spits*

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by takeprofit: 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

anybody calling Goodluck Jonathan's administration clueless is a first class fool. nigerians will only realize what they have now when they lose it and fall into the hands of irresponsible looters.

12 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
ak47mann: akwuna you are the one talking rubbish,tell me what you have gained from APC govt in IMO state?how many APC state governor ever patronize innosson motors,innosson groups manufacture many things but you will not see a single innosson product in APC states,or else is FG invest on it.I think from your character i can attest that you are not stable mentally cool

STFU! who cares about patronizing Innoson motors? If the government doesn't patronize them, should i do that? What's the achievement in buying 30 buses for civil servants as if it's not there responsibility to cater for Nigerians? Now get lost and stop quoting me you dimwit!!

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Sijo01(f): 8:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nice one, FG.
Say yes to local manufactures, say yes to Innoson Motors.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by ak47mann(m): 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: STFU! who cares about patronizing Innoson motors? If the government doesn't patronize them, should i do that? What's the achievement in buying 30 buses for civil servants as if it's not there responsibility to cater for Nigerians? Now get lost and stop quoting me you dimwit!!
So why are you attacking OP cool

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Rossikk(m): 8:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
Look, I want Nigeria to be manufacturing a minimum of 1 million cars per annum by 2025 latest.

Kudos to the FG for encouraging local car manufacturers, and may they also move forward in efforts to curb vehicle imports through the raising of tarriffs, partial bans, moratorium on imports etc, to encourage local manufacturing. This was exactly what China did, and today they're the number 1 car manufacturers on the planet, producing 3.7 million vehicles per annum.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Certificate Saga the REAL STORY they are hiding. / Boko Haram Ambush Kills A Policeman, Injures Another In Borno / Presidential Election Dispute: Tribunal To Hear Atiku, Pdp’s Fresh Motion, July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.