Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT (10067 Views)

Amaechi Helps Stranded Public Servants In Abuja.. See Photos / MTEF: FEC Approves N6tr Expenditure For 2016 / Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
ak47mann: So why are you attacking OP cool
fool! go back and read my first post and show me where i attacked the OP!

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

You are missing the point.

The reason these busses are being purchased is to ferry civil servants from their homes to work. Now, if it is such a terrible inconvenience for the civil servants to not have access to commercial bus, what does that mean for the other million people that live in Abuja?

They are forced to suffer the inconvenience, but with NO free air conditioned Innonson bus to ferry them.

What kind of bad policy is this? When Fashola banned okadas, he did not buy personal motorcycles and drivers to drive LASG officials to work.

Civil servants need to know how the common man lives, or else they are USELESS. How can civil servants promote, enforce, and draft laws that they themselves refuse to follow. This is ridiculous. *spits*
The govt in its wisdom decided to buy vehicles to alleviate the suffering of its workers. Now, those vehicles would have been imported. But due to deliberate policy of the govt, it is buying those vehicles locally. That is what I'm excited about.

8 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by psucc(m): 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
Where are the moderators? Who handles this section, or seun osewa abeg chain this berem b4 something goes wrong here?

7 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
psucc: Where are the moderators? Who handles this section, or seun osewa abeg chain this berem b4 something goes wrong here?
Nothing is going wrong as long as we stick to topic and avoid personal insults. You can see i didn't start the insults. nothing mega! grin

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: STFU! who cares about patronizing Innoson motors? If the government doesn't patronize them, should i do that? What's the achievement in buying 30 buses for civil servants as if it's not there responsibility to cater for Nigerians? Now get lost and stop quoting me you dimwit!!
Mumu! But you scream unemployment on this forum. You'r obviously confused.

8 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Kairoseki77: 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

You lot are insulting each other viciously. shocked
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Onye iru abu o! stop being a sycophant and get a real job! You can as well apply as a driver of one of the buses and taharqa should be your conductor! Time to grab this golden opportunity! LOL! grin

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Longeria(m): 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Is this supposed to be an achievement? I mean, if the federal government don't provide buses for civil servants, who will? Commercial buses were banned by the government in the city and you expect civil servants to trek to work? C'mon! I don't see anything laudable about this. Next story please!! grin
Never you appreciate good thing in your life, "WINCH"

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
Longeria: Never you appreciate good thing in your life, "WINCH"
...and you that have appreciated good things in your life, why do you still remain a stagnant retarrrd? You should also apply for driver job too! jobless fool!! grin

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by amarilo: 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
@berem
I read the op and did not see where he said its an achievement. he just gave a news which is what everybody comes here to grab. You are sounding frustrated these days, do you need a husband?

14 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Kairoseki77: 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: ...and you that have appreciated good things in your life, why do you still remain a stagnant retarrrd? You should also apply for driver job too! jobless fool!! grin

I am crying! grin
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
amarilo: @berem
do you need a husband?
Do you want to give me a husband? your can apply to be number 2. Now let's don't get personal! stick to the topic. grin cool
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

I am crying! grin
Please don't!! cry
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
You need to visit a good psychiatrist.you are not ok.
berem: ...and you that have appreciated good things in your life, why do you still remain a stagnant retarrrd? You should also apply for driver job too! jobless fool!! grin

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by amarilo: 9:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Do you want to give me a husband? your can apply to be number 2. Now let's don't get personal! stick to the topic. grin cool
You husband/marriage life must be boring for you to spend all these hours online. Just thinking

13 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
amarilo: You husband/marriage life must be boring for you to spend all these hours online. Just thinking
Really? please tell me something i don't know. grin

For the last time, leave my privacy out of this thread and stick to the topic. My next reply to you won't be funny! wink
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by cashkid18(m): 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Really? please tell me something i don't know. grin

For the last time, leave my privacy out of this thread and stick to the topic. My next reply to you won't be funny! wink
ar u married ?
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Horus(m): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2013

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
cashkid18: ar u married ?
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by cashkid18(m): 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem:
is dt suppose to b an answer
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nigerianmovie(m): 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Exactly. The implication of buying local is enormous. For instance, the more Innoson is patronized, the more the company builds capacity (which leads to progressive improvement in quality), expands and employ more Nigerians. If Innoson becomes successful, more Nigerians will look in the direction of his line of business and establish similar vehicle manufacturing plant. That is more jobs for the unemployed. Over time, locally made vehicles will dominate the market and Nigeria will be saved huge foreign exchange.

if u have been to enugu and boarded that innoson bus, u can't fit shout. Sweet comfortable ac tight. None of these containers used in Lagos is up to its quality. I keep wondering why fashola has no ordered for any of them.

11 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by manny4life(m): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Is this supposed to be an achievement? I mean, if the federal government don't provide buses for civil servants, who will? Commercial buses were banned by the government in the city and you expect civil servants to trek to work? C'mon! I don't see anything laudable about this. Next story please!! grin

Sis, you failed to understand the underlining importance of this - the government patriotism to local manufacturing. The govt did not have to buy from Innoson, but it did, even if it was 30, from 30 to it goes 100. What the FG did was raise value of Innoson product, what other type of marketing will Innoson need? Our govt is resolved and committed to supporting local manufacturing at all cost, with this news, people will begin patronizing him and before you know it, another Nnewi pesin will add another assembly plant. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What we need is to support our govt at all cost, whether he bought it for civil servants or not, through this contract, tens or hundreds of people will be employed at Innoson. More drivers and conductors will be employed, more mechanics, parts, and what have you. This is how the cycle of economics come. By this action, the govt has saved about $2.5million in FOREX. I want you to look at the bigger picture here.

8 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by takeprofit: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nigerian movie:

if u have been to enugu and boarded that innoson bus, u can't fit shout. Sweet comfortable ac tight. None of these containers used in Lagos is up to its quality. I keep wondering why fashola has no ordered for any of them.

good idea. somebody pls pass the message to him. btw fashola and every other nigerian politician should be on nairaland

infact, fg should consider banning facebook and twitter and encourage more use of nairaland.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by cashkid18(m): 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
manny4life:

Sis, you failed to understand the underlining importance of this - the government patriotism to local manufacturing. The govt did not have to buy from Innoson, but it did, even if it was 30, from 30 to it goes 100. What the FG did was raise value of Innoson product, what other type of marketing will Innoson need? Our govt is resolved and committed to supporting local manufacturing at all cost, with this news, people will begin patronizing him and before you know it, another Nnewi pesin will add another assembly plant. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What we need is to support our govt at all cost, whether he bought it for civil servants or not, through this contract, tens or hundreds of people will be employed at Innoson. More drivers and conductors will be employed, more mechanics, parts, and what have you. This is how the cycle of economics come. By this action, the govt has saved about $2.5million in FOREX. I want you to look at the bigger picture here.
gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by cashkid18(m): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
manny4life:

u ar on point dude

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
manny4life:

Obiora,Am not in anyway against patronizing Innoson motors. I want more of Nigerian buses plying Nigerian roads if that's possible. Am still anxious to know what happened to the Subsidy Buses that suddenly disappeared from the roads. Any idea what happened?

How are you BTW, longest time! cool
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by UyiIredia(m): 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
Rossikk: Look, I want Nigeria to be manufacturing a minimum of 1 million cars per annum by 2025 latest.

Kudos to the FG for encouraging local car manufacturers, and may they also move forward in efforts to curb vehicle imports through the raising of tarriffs, partial bans, moratorium on imports etc, to encourage local manufacturing. This was exactly what China did, and today they're the number 1 car manufacturers on the planet, producing 3.7 million vehicles per annum.

While dreaming big isn't bad, this is a case the dream should be deemed so, at least for now. I think we simoly don't have the relevant expertise and educational/technical capital to embark on what you suggest. Making semi-finished goods or easily manufactured goods would be a better option.
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by UyiIredia(m): 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
takeprofit:

good idea. somebody pls pass the message to him. btw fashola and every other nigerian politician should be on nairaland

infact, fg should consider banning facebook and twitter and encourage more use of nairaland.

Lol. I'm not sure they'll come here. Their hands must be full with Facebook and twitter already.
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by Horus(m): 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by redsun(m): 10:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: STFU! who cares about patronizing Innoson motors? If the government doesn't patronize them, should i do that? What's the achievement in buying 30 buses for civil servants as if it's not there responsibility to cater for Nigerians? Now get lost and stop quoting me you dimwit!!

The government doesn't have to do it first before you do.People are the government,an individual positive change you make as a person will reflect in the general society.

Changes come when people take the bulls by the horns and do things differently.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by amarilo: 10:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Really? please tell me something i don't know. grin

'lol as if the reply will locate me with some bullet. Berem u don give ur husband nite food?
Re: FEC Approves Purchase Of Another 30 Innoson Buses For Civil Servants In FCT by tomakint: 10:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
gramci:
its N18,000, Gbawe collects N2,000 levy from each of his e-urchins
Kai, that Gbawe guy dey enjoy seriously grin grin The guy always crack me up with his 'one-way traffic' analyses grin kudos to sincere9gerian, taharqa, ak47mann, cashkid18, manny4life, amarilo, china12, longeria, psucc, Rossikk, gramci etc for their elaborate analyses on what the Jonathan-led govt is doing and for opening up the thick skull(s) of certified dolt (s) to voice of reasons cool

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How 55 Officials Stole N1.3trn In 11 Years – Magu / Bandits, Terrorists Occupy 1,129 Square Kilometers Of Forest Reserves In Nigeria / EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.