Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,104 members, 7,845,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! - Family (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (112721 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
What can I do? embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Uredaddy: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
LaShawn: @Uredaddy

What have you decided to do about the kids? Please, don't leave them behind....

I've not decided yet. The least I can do is to leave with the youngest which is the only girl I have until I find my feet. Thanks.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Uredaddy: 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
2s£xy:
Uredaddy, what part of Edo State? Is it Benin, Esan, Uromi,?

God forbid someone tries this with my own sister, I will match him for his strength. I don't care whether they are married or it's non of my biz.

I thank God my elder sister is married to man, a strong man who does not joke with her at all.

Benin
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
DO YOU MAKE USE OF A LAPTOP?
If I open a voip account and credit it for you, you'll be able to make calls to your friend on your own. But you'll need a laptop or tablet to do that with good internet connection. Would that be possible
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by pickabeau1: 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
Good one aluta..

Let's hope things work out well....

Also let's have clear concise action points that we can help

@osisi good one on the western union option
I don't know if paypal works in tanzania
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
kenyattamoore:

imane knows everything that y I say she knows what to do,its just that I cant call her from here now.she advised me not to come here but i was too much on love to listen to her.

Ok
I am glad you are reaching out now
Let me warn you dear
SE.x is not love
I repeat SE.x is not love
Dogs and cats do it,even hyenas sef so nothing unique there
Don't ever confuse the two
Women can have great org.asms with a dil.do or vib.rator
Don't mean they are loved by the gadgets
Never ever forget this if you forget everything I have said

And if you end up pregnant that will be the worst thing at this moment
Never forget that too
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Uredaddy: 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
LaShawn: @Uredaddy

And I won't be surprised if your husband had a hand in your ex's wife calling and accusing you. I don't put anything past those people. They set you up and then work on your guilt yo start abusing you.

A friend of mine started receiving anonymous texts after She got married. The texts were explicit, talking of How the sender supposedly slept with her, the different positions he used on her etcetera. She told me She showed her husband. Because She didn't want anyone to blackmail her..That is How a trusting relationship should be like.

You and I know that we can Never open up like that to these abusive men. They turn around and use the info against you.

He knew about my relationship with my ex before we got married. I was very open and expected him to trust me but his excuse was that it is very difficult to separate a woman from a man that disvirgined her. I learnt the hard way not to tell him a guy is asking me out because he'll use it against me.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
I've been following this thread right from the first day and i'm really learning alot even though i am not married yet. God bless the owner of this thread. cheesy angry
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
Chei
I am now late to work
Hehehehe
I will read later
Ladies stay strong
You have a host of efriends behind you

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
I can't believe this is real :Ife na emekwa na uwa nkea!!!! shocked
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nogen: 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
Am so excited for Kenyantta. Glad you are almost out of that pycho's grips. Help is already on your way dearie. #dancing and singing unto the Lord#
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Uredaddy: 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
jumzzy448: @ uredaddy, your story brings tears to my eyes. Pls u have to be strong for your kids.
What are your plans right now?

I'll leave his house for good. I don't believe he'll ever change. My family is supporting me. Thank you.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Uredaddy: 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
chidyhels: Am in tears already. Uredaddy,God is ur strength.
I know your testimony is on the way.

Financial independence is the key. Its easy to point accusing fingers to people dependent on you wen things dnt go as planned.

Amen. Sometimes he doesn't understand why am still very strong and have not turned to a zombie. God strength is made perfect in our weakness.

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by swagqueen(f): 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
@Kenya, my joy knows no bounds. Please let's take a minute and say a prayer for Kenya and all other women in these situations.

In Jesus' name. Amen. Lord i thank You for this day. Thank You for my sisters and brothers all over the world who are in situations as these. O Lord, pls forgive us our sins and deliver us.

Help miss Malikiya and uredaddy to overcome the travails of life and see them through in Jesus' name. Help us all to stay strong and stand by our decisions. See us through in these trying periods in Jesus' name we have all prayed,AMEN!!!

5 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Uredaddy: 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
babyosisi:

I am glad you read my post and you already have planned to do some of the things I advised
The same things the other ladies are saying.
I'm also glad your siblings are hotheaded.that is a big asset here
They must know what is going on,I don't advise they hurt him but he should hear from them
Like someone earlier said,the moment this man realizes you have the full support of your family,he will cower down
He kept you away from your dad till he died and nobody challenged him
Water don pass garri now
All the tactics of getting him to back off you is to buy you time to finish your education and get a job
I advised the lawyer swag queen to get a job and be free,same thing for you.
Get your education,get a job and if he continues,you step
If there is a trusted older lady in your neighborhood or church,tell her
If you go to a church together tell the pastor and his wife,he may run away from that church,let him
Tell it all
Do not hide in shame any longer

No more dying in silence
Tell people that he is frustrating your education plans
That is one big line you need to hammer on

I assure you everyone will come down on him for that and he will have no choice but let you
He needs to hear people tell him how despicable it is to beat a woman

And if you ever decide to leave please do not make the mistake of leaving your kids behind.
The step mother or his girlfriends will use them as boi boi and feed them rotten food

I think the best I can do now is to separate from him until he gets help. I believe he has psychological problem and wont change just like that. I cant be another sacrificial lamb. I've written a letter to my pastor's wife and we've scheduled a secret meeting for Friday @ 12. So am just playing a good wife now.

2 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Cathaliya: 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
swag queen: @Kenya, my joy knows no bounds. Please let's take a minute and say a prayer for Kenya and all other women in these situations.

In Jesus' name. Amen. Lord i thank You for this day. Thank You for my sisters and brothers all over the world who are in situations as these. O Lord, pls forgive us our sins and deliver us.

Help miss Malikiya and uredaddy to overcome the travails of life and see them through in Jesus' name. Help us all to stay strong and stand by our decisions. See us through in these trying periods in Jesus' name we have all prayed,AMEN!!!
100 amen

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Uredaddy: 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
swag queen: @Kenya, my joy knows no bounds. Please let's take a minute and say a prayer for Kenya and all other women in these situations.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ah... No wonder. They are kinda tough people, even their women, except for the exceptional ones.

Sometimes I wonder if my mum was really a benin woman because she was just too different.

I respect the Benin women though; they are fearless and hard working. But the thing I don't really like is their shot-temper. I got used to it as I grew up and that's why I hardly get moved when I meet such people.

You just have to be strong. Igbos hardly have such character, I mean the shot-temper ish. You just have to be strong.
Uredaddy:

Benin
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by swagqueen(f): 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
Weeping may endure for the night but joy comes in the morning!

Be strong and of good courage.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
2s£xy:
Ah... No wonder. They are kinda tough people, even their women, except for the exceptional ones.

Sometimes I wonder if my mum was really a benin woman because she was just too different.

I respect the Benin women though; they are fearless and hard working. But the thing I don't really like is their shot-temper. I got used to it as I grew up and that's why I hardly get moved when I meet such people.

You just have to be strong. Igbos hardly have such character, I mean the shot-temper ish. You just have to be strong.
A beast is a beast irrespective of where he or she comes from!

2 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
That was the same question I asked initially. Her case is really disturbing.
Cathaliya:
Is there no Human rights agency closeby that can be contacted?

Jeez, I hate being so disturbed and am not sure I will be fine until I know she is fine.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
I agree. But trust me, Binis are tough people.

This does not mean there aren't good. Dia wahala too much.
WinnieDPooh: A beast is a beast irrespective of where he or she comes from!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
Well done ALuta! Well done!!!!!

Babyosisi, favour from God will continue to locate u. U rock!!!

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
It's like a horror movie.

This thread should make front page so that people could be aware of the magnitude of man inhumanity to man.

Honestly, I had no idea things like this existed to this degree.
byvan: I can't believe this is real :Ife na emekwa na uwa nkea!!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
God bless you.
alutacontinua: DO YOU MAKE USE OF A LAPTOP?
If I open a voip account and credit it for you, you'll be able to make calls to your friend on your own. But you'll need a laptop or tablet to do that with good internet connection. Would that be possible
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
2s£xy:
It's like a horror movie.

This thread should make front page so that people could be aware of the magnitude of man inhumanity to man.

Honestly, I had no idea things like this existed to this degree.
It made front page on the first day...
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
I guess I missed it. I came in through someone I am following.

Wow! What a world!
WinnieDPooh: It made front page on the first day...
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Uredaddy: 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
Thanks everyone for your advice and concern. Please if you know or have the contact of any professional in Lagos that I can contact do let me know. I have pictures of some bruises and scars he gave me. Thanks.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
Uredaddy:

I think the best I can do now is to separate from him until he gets help. I believe he has psychological problem and wont change just like that. I cant be another sacrificial lamb. I've written a letter to my pastor's wife and we've scheduled a secret meeting for Friday @ 12. So am just playing a good wife now.

God bless you
You know him better than we do
If it is unsafe to stay then you must leave
Now why will you ever consider leaving your sons with a psychologically unstable man?
That is the more reason why you must leave with them
There are agencies in Nigeria that can help you obtain a court order for the kids to stay with you,I just don't know their contacts but maybe some one will help.
DO not leave any of the kids you carried in your womb 9 months and bore in pain and agony to this man you are describing
He may take out his frustrations on them

E Ji m Chukwu yo gi doo
Don't even think about it
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
Exactly, don't even dare it. Your kids may not like you when they grow up.

babyosisi:

God bless you
You know him better than we do
If it is unsafe to stay then you must not leave
Now why will you ever consider leaving your sons with a psychologically unstable man?
That is the more reason why you just leave with them
There are agencies in Nigeria that can help you obtain a court order for the kids to stay with you
DO not leave any of the kids you carried in your womb 9 months and bore in pain and agony to this man you are describing
He may take out his frustrations on them

E Ji m Chukwu yo gi doo
Don't even think about it
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
Chillisauce: What can I do? embarassed embarassed cry cry

Please hang around,I am sure there is something we all can do
Are you in Lagos?
Do you know any agencies that can help uredaddy?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
WinnieDPooh: A beast is a beast irrespective of where he or she comes from!

Thank you
My sister married a man from my LGA gan
Same ten and ten pence

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (111) (Reply)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Husband Caught His Cheating Wife, Snapped And Framed The Picture / Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.