Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Message From ASUU President - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Message From ASUU President (36542 Views)

Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) / Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President / We Wont Call Off Strike Until Our Demands Are Met - ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Message From ASUU President by meccuno: 7:04am On Sep 23, 2013
Maximus17: I know lecturers,HOD's,faculty heads, and even Vice chancellors are on Nairaland and could be reading thru all these post to get the opinion of the Masses. .Now my opinion to ASUU,.Do you know the worst thing that could happen? If eventually Govt agrees to your terms and there is no commensurate effort at uplifting and upgrading the standard to be befitting for student,or we still hear the incessant exploiting of students by selling substandard textbooks @ increased price or tasking your student who you supervise to bring unimaginable amount of money or embarking in white elephant projects which won't yield productive result Or embezzlement of funds after appropriation. Now...my opinion to FG....You should also set your terms and conditions to ASUU for example creating a benchmark like say by 2020,Nigerian universities should be ranking best in africa and at least among the 1st hundred in the world after disbursing the funds needed
exactly my thoughts......
Re: Message From ASUU President by Wislet(f): 7:13am On Sep 23, 2013
Extom: No matter how hard it is to say, I must say that we are happy for what you're doing. We are a selected few, but we know that whatever cause you're fighting for, it is for the betterment of our educational system, and something that will be worth it in the long run.
For those of you bent on him calling it off, you better wake up and smell the coffee, because the rate of deterioration of our schooling system is repulsive and repugnant and unless there is a revamp in the system, your Bsc might just look like an O'level, internationally . And by the way, he's not asking for pay rise or whatever, but an implementation of a four-year agreement.
truthfully, i wish us Nigerians will stop being selfish(thinking of ourselves): both students and parents thinking only of themselves and not the future of their country.

What does it profit YOU to finish from the university YET you CANNOT defend what you studied! You sit in your classroom learning theories and at the end an Elctrical Engineer cannot wire a house! A civil Engineer is completely handicapped! The so-called 'doctor' goes about killing people. Yet we want to answer GRADUATES. Walking time bombs i call it. No wonder Nigeria is the way it is.

We will keep praising schools abroad YET we cannot demand for our own Government to look into our own county's education and make it solid so we won't have brain drain from students looking for greener pastures elsewhere.

Answering 'graduate' is not the problem. What do you have upstairs? What skills did you learn from your field of study? What facilties did you make use of? Where they made available? Or you will just carry your certificate post-school and be parading- no skills, no job,no experience.

Sorry Nigerians.
Re: Message From ASUU President by iamlukky(m): 7:29am On Sep 23, 2013
Rhemar: I really don't blame ASUU, why should the govt. sign an agreement they are not ready to implement or were they unconscious when they signed it?

Thank u o
Re: Message From ASUU President by jidejide2(m): 7:33am On Sep 23, 2013
Which one is dance make u talk make hear ur view
Re: Message From ASUU President by jibsai(m): 7:35am On Sep 23, 2013
cumz: fp?? ..first to comment... dancn skelewu,azonto ,ethighi, kukere, macossa, gala gala, yahoozay... which oda dance remain?

U neva dance #konaje
Re: Message From ASUU President by fortunejum: 8:23am On Sep 23, 2013
Nonso23:

An important matter is being discussed and you guys are here "dragging who be first to comment"
REALLY!!!!

REALLYYY!!!!!!!
angry
I said it earlier that we have so many children in this forum .
Re: Message From ASUU President by REDDEVILS1(m): 8:25am On Sep 23, 2013
You are completely misinformed. For ur info, those guys are paying themselves their full salaries from their purse.
abbeycial: hunger go show una pepper. greedy lazy scums. u harass our female students nd even male students,offer us half baked lectures without concern for stipulated time frame,live lyk kings on ur salaries but fail to justify same salary and yet u cry foul just to earn more.

God dey.
Re: Message From ASUU President by zeennurei(m): 8:33am On Sep 23, 2013
ASUU we are 100% behind you on this,we want our education system to be with the century.

2 Likes

Re: Message From ASUU President by Extom(m): 8:35am On Sep 23, 2013
leoebhos:

You are just one useless fool if u are happy over this ok
I hardly reply negative people, but to see a retarded slowpoke/zombie like you, and not address the issue before you not only become a nuisance to your immediate family, but also to my country, means I'm not a patriotic Nigerian.
Its glaring that you're oblivious of the issue at hand, and that you read my post with sentiments. The first line in my comment will tell you everything you need to know, orangutan!
N.B. I'm not dissing you, but acting as a correctional facility so that subsequently, you would weigh your options before picking a fight with someone who outclassed you in all ramification.
PS. Try and grow a brain to think very well before you even plan to respond, because my next response will be far from subtle.
Re: Message From ASUU President by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:50am On Sep 23, 2013
All [size=14pt]This[/size] Nonsense games ASUU be playin' with me [size=14pt]is[/size] really not cool.....
I was so happy when my final papers came to an [size=14pt]end[/size] after all this [size=14pt]time[/size]... I pray all this [size=14pt]things[/size] 'lld come to an end...

Re: Message From ASUU President by Reski2500(m): 8:54am On Sep 23, 2013
cumz: fp?? ..first to comment... dancn skelewu,azonto ,ethighi, kukere, macossa, gala gala, yahoozay... which oda dance remain?
alingo..
Re: Message From ASUU President by kflexxy(m): 9:34am On Sep 23, 2013
Nah Dem sabi
Re: Message From ASUU President by donphilopus: 9:51am On Sep 23, 2013
I don't want to say anything now and later my Oga @ the Top will say it's another
Re: Message From ASUU President by highmood(m): 9:57am On Sep 23, 2013
Nice speech. But what do you have to tell the students who are also stakeholders in the system or are u guys just pursuing the course for a selfish or political reason? What do you guys have to say to the parents who paid the tuition fee for their children or wards to be in school, but unfortunately you 've decided to continue with the strike without putting into consideration the future of these young boys and girls and the pains they experience just sitting at home doing nothing? Will u guys be bold enough to tell the public that the federal universities where u were meant to teach its students is the only school u are rendering services to or are you teaching other private institutions to get paid? Will u guys be bold enough to tell the students and the public that the salaries you are collecting from the federal government without any services rendered to the school and the students is justifiable? Please you guys should tell the public because if the people and the students see a reason to be patient with ASUU on this strike, then ASUU members should be honest, loyal and committed to the struggle and course without hypocrisy. Thank you.
Re: Message From ASUU President by Hamazz1: 10:03am On Sep 23, 2013
abbeycial: hunger go show una pepper. greedy lazy scums. u harass our female students nd even male students,offer us half baked lectures without concern for stipulated time frame,live lyk kings on ur salaries but fail to justify same salary and yet u cry foul just to earn more.

God dey.
concur but it still doesn't change the fact that there is rot in the system n the government is being cavalier.
Re: Message From ASUU President by Dubemkelly(m): 10:04am On Sep 23, 2013
As if ASUU cared one bit about d students' welfare...They r just after their own personal pockets,gone were d days when teachers were devoted to their profession n believed that their reward is in heaven. I'm so sick n tired of their deadlock meetings, dat aint helping matters, all we wanna hear is dat d strike is called off n it wud be cool if d FG employs d 'No work no pay' method then they would sit up n do d right thing,dey r busy getting their pay without working while our lives r being endangered, undergraduates r now into social vices. Seriously he who wears d shoes knows where it hurts,u can never imagine d problems associated with idleness until u become idle. Never anticipated dat d strike would last this long,jarring on my nerves ton. Pathetic 9ja!
Re: Message From ASUU President by ninocia18(m): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2013
And no note of consolation or address.... Not even a line to the grass that are being trampled upon my the two elephants. Greedy government and insensitive ASUU. Mtschewwww!!!!!!!
Re: Message From ASUU President by Pattey(m): 11:21am On Sep 23, 2013
Extom: No matter how hard it is to say, I must say that we are happy for what you're doing. We are a selected few, but we know that whatever cause you're fighting for, it is for the betterment of our educational system, and something that will be worth it in the long run.
For those of you bent on him calling it off, you better wake up and smell the coffee, because the rate of deterioration of our schooling system is repulsive and repugnant and unless there is a revamp in the system, your Bsc might just look like an O'level, internationally . And by the way, he's not asking for pay rise or whatever, but an implementation of a four-year agreement.

Sure he's fighting for the implementation of a 4-year old agreement that will 'benefit the Nigerian students' . . . But its also one that benefits his finances and his colleagues + allowed them to work longer I.e retirement age (if I'm nt mistaken). . .

Summary; earn more and keep earning it till you're close to your grave. . . While delivering crappy education to helpless students

But hey, its for "the students' own good", right? #I laff in otueke dialect
Re: Message From ASUU President by Miscellaneous(m): 11:24am On Sep 23, 2013
The current government is a disgrace and so was all that came before this.

I believe in change. . . .ASUU pls continue. . . It would be nice to celebrate independence with assu strike ON.

Am ashamed. . SmH
Re: Message From ASUU President by b03liberty(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2013
Plz how much are we spending for 1st oct?
Re: Message From ASUU President by Megaxy(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2013
We hope you will not later suspend the strike and plan to continue next year. Because that is what has been happening in the previous years. Fight till you get what you want now. But its now taking too much of our time.
I don dey 4get my matric number o.
Re: Message From ASUU President by ShallySon(m): 11:44am On Sep 23, 2013
lyk we care...... call off dis sh*t jo lipsrsealed
Re: Message From ASUU President by timwezzb(m): 11:51am On Sep 23, 2013
Mubby4luv: I no go comment. vex dey catch me

But U don already Comment Naaaaaa grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Message From ASUU President by sollkay(m): 12:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
ι̥ think assu are doin dis cos of their own selfish need.....the most annoyin part is just dat,they shud think bout d student future too....cos na final year ι̥ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ o....make dem do quick call off dis strike o.....ι̥ beg una
Re: Message From ASUU President by cecs(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Na wa ooo....and imagine this stupid jonathan who signed the agreement on behalf of FG in 2009...he was chosen ahead of minister of education then by late umara musa and now he has failed him self and d whole nigerians...now is hin usa with 600delegate and still talking about terror attack in kenyan while his own house still burning here....

Re: Message From ASUU President by hopilo: 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nomski0: How long are we going to be punished for the government's shortcomings
I belive GEJ that was a member of ASUU before becoming president know very well tha ASUU leadership are not sincere with their demands. Mechanic go train apprentice to become self employed, lecturer go train student to become dependent. Just last week I met a lecturer on his way to UK for masters all expense paid by Federal Govt. He was given 10 million naira for the program with a bond to lecture 2years after the program as some form of repayment, but here them they frustrate our undergraduates and postgraduates in the name of strike. My brothers ASUU no try.
Re: Message From ASUU President by Mattex001(m): 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
Rhemar: I really don't blame ASUU, why should the govt. sign an agreement they are not ready to implement or were they unconscious when they signed it?
serrzzlly I tire O... Although dis ASSU guys are selfish bastards fighting for their own self interest...fed up Oh!
Re: Message From ASUU President by hopilo: 1:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
cecs: Na wa ooo....and imagine this stupid jonathan who signed the agreement on behalf of FG in 2009...he was chosen ahead of minister of education then by late umara musa and now he has failed him self and d whole nigerians...now is hin usa with 600delegate and still talking about terror attack in kenyan while his own house still burning here....
I belive GEJ that was a member of ASUU before becoming president know very well tha ASUU leadership are not sincere with their demands. Mechanic go train apprentice to become self employed, lecturer go train student to become dependent. Just last week I met a lecturer on his way to UK for masters all expense paid by Federal Govt. He was given 10 million naira for the program with a bond to lecture 2years after the program as some form of repayment, but here them they frustrate our undergraduates and postgraduates in the name of strike. My brothers ASUU no try.
Re: Message From ASUU President by Mattex001(m): 1:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
Re: Message From ASUU President by PStacks(m): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
I'm happy Nigeria has a body like ASSU.

When your govt refuses to be responsible, atleast we have a body that's holding them to something cos this govt doest want to be held responsible for anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria / Anambra Student Who Dressed Like Anas Aremeyaw, Masked Journalist, Chased Out / Deji Akinwande Awarded PECASE By Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.