Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? (24810 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? / Why Are Nigerian Parents So Overprotective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
Because the HUNTER has now become the HUNTED grin.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Ominiriches(m): 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
It all depends on the nature of the father and the duaghter as well as understanding of both.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by mascot87(m): 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
IceDude: Dem force ur daughter?..guy talk beta tin jor
I go yansh your daughter wela.And na for your presence I go yansh d babe angry
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by badmeat(m): 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
Protect wetin?5 minutes is enough for her to raise her skirt!just teach her how to be responsible and virtuous!undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by azimibraun: 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
Play Daughters by Nas. Ur answer is dia.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by mactoni91(m): 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
smh

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Afritop(m): 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
Fathers were once boys and they know what boys are capable of doing to girls who are defenceless.Besides they know that boys are clever,naughty and are always coming out with new ideas to get anything attractive and that is out of their reach
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Pame(m): 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
@ harddon
pls i gbadun your response, very precise answer
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by hod898(m): 6:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
So that you will make him proud: he wants to marry you out to your husband-- that is when you are still unsullied. He fears that if you get overexposure to the bad things in our modern society, you will be spoilt (no offence there). Most atimes, some fathers believe that their daughters are very vulnerable to peer pressures(which is the solemn truth)--they allow boys to deflower them easily and this could make them contract deadly deseases.
Mind you, he is not necessarily overprotective--he sees the future more than you do--so, he tries to protect you from the bad experience you would have following a path. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Salmoneus(m): 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
Because they don't want their daughters to end up like Miley Cyrus.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Oildichotomy(m): 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassedit is worse when u have a soldierlike father plus 4 soldier-like brothers embarassed
and mum is the commander-in-chief of the matter shocked
*issues*

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
iamjustsassy: yea but there are times d protection gets too much and it affects the girls relationship with the opposite sex
There is no way a father's protection of his daughter can be dangerous, remember, he was once a guy, a boy...so he knows best...so heed to his counsels, BOYS/GUYS/MEN can be very funny and DANGEROUS! Relationship is not a pre-requisite for marriage...its just a western world culture that we are photocopying dangerously to the detriment of girls in particular. Be wise!! Listen to your father pls!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Oh really?
Dudes are actually accepting that they are evil
Lmao
grin
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
lorretta u: Oh really?
Dudes are actually accepting that they are evil
Lmao
grin
Yes, men aren't all saints, don't listen to just what they say, pay attention and believe what they dosmiley
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by abeyoyebanjiya(m): 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
na wetin dem do for lady outside matrimony dey make dem affraid
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by petnkool: 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
It has been researched and found out under modern Freudian psychology that a father instinctly and unconsciously has a mind sexual intercourse with his daughter , the theory is called "Electra Complex" .Same thing applies to a Mother and her son , that theory is called "Oedipus complex".Both theories allude to the ancient greek mythology.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by AGgal(f): 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
Because they know what they do to other ppl's daughters

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by crackhaus: 6:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
spongeback: For me my dad over did the protection thingy, he used to take my phone at night and he will keep it till the next morning, if he sees me with a guy cheesy the way he will embarrass you! undecided
And after all he did, Spongeback still ended up a bad gyal.. grin you are forgiven.

Case In Point - Who wan bad go still bad.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by olahero(m): 6:47pm On Sep 25, 2013
I was once asked this same question, but I finally concluded with a reason which is unreasonable, fathers should be wise enuf to protect their daughter wisely, fathers should welcome their daughters best guys they present wisely. WISELY.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Freiburger(m): 7:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
Cos we feel no one is good enough for our daughters. tongue
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by utenwuson: 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
I dnt even understand wat gurls really want! When the dad ignores and they get pregnant, they say dad isn't concern...........wait ooo............du gurls luvin hangin out wt boys dt much?
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Freiburger(m): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
azimibraun: Play Daughters by Nas. Ur answer is dia.
Nice one azimibraun.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by 3ace(m): 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
carujmonella:
When a man impregnates a lady, the lady bears the brunt of the societal blame while the man is left to carry on with his life. After all, it's a man's world wink
This is the sole reason. Apart from societal blame, the psychological effect greatly affects the family especially the girl who's not matured enough to nurture a baby. It could affect her school and the financial demand as a result of the new baby is another dreaded factor.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by tolurainbow(m): 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
tongue tongue grin ;DSo dat dey will not get Zap.e.d by guys lolz...n 2 close dere leg n open dere brain no time...
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by tolurainbow(m): 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
tongue tongue grin ;DSo dat dey will not get f...**.c..k...e...d by guys lolz...n 2 close dere leg n open dere brain no time...
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by nerodenero: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
A man inserts and deposit accordingly while a woman receives both insertion and the fluid that follow suit resulting to pregnancy if unprotected.Due to the fact that the receiving can lead to pregnancy,the reason she is being protected.A 'BADOO' of a father in most cases will be more protective than a father that controls his third leg.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Dazz96: 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
carujmonella: It's simple, he who kills with knife, does not allow knife to cross his back grin

Plus ladies suffer more stigma from the society when shitt hits the fans.

When a man impregnates a lady, the lady bears the brunt of the societal blame while the man is left to carry on with his life. After all, it's a man's world wink

And currently the MAIN reason is beacause randyy old men a.k.a SENATOR YERIMAs grin

I totaly agree wit d post above especially women being d bearer of d stigma.

If i wus a father myself i wil protect mine ril tight cuz u aldy knw hw guys dier age tink b/c u were once dat age.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Okeikpu(m): 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
I actually bought a gun to protect my daughters angry. I hate to see those doggs hanging around my compound every wkend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samuel Ige Ajayi & Wife Bicker Over Mysterious Death Of 2yrs Old Daughter / ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man / Couple Celebrate 62nd Wedding Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.