Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,281 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? (24817 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? / Why Are Nigerian Parents So Overprotective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by J0nyb0y(m): 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
na those kain gurls dey bad pass...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by DrMuzungu(m): 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
They are overprotective because they know what was on their mind when they were young boys cheesy
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Okeikpu(m): 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
To raise a babygal no be small problem, also the money spend on dem is like x3 to compare 4boys.... Thats one of the reason i hate to see those doggs around my gals... After i don train dem finish na im one slowpoke go jump out frm nowhere dey jolli d whole thing sad

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Lordlexyy: 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2013
Man has pride. And any act that suggest him not being in charge, he fights it vehemently. Beside, who doesn't want a daughter to be proud ; good education, wonderful career and a wonderful husband/family. If all these are good, what devil motivate girls into embracing every dick colour and size that approach them, causing undue pressure and headache to their dad? #just asking#
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Ziggyzito(m): 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Okeikpu: I actually bought a gun to protect my daughters angry. I hate to see those doggs hanging around my compound every wkend.
lol..next time procreate and make baby boys grin
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by spyroxy1(m): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
spongeback: For me my dad over did the protection thingy, he used to take my phone at night and he will keep it till the next morning, if he sees me with a guy cheesy the way he will embarrass you! undecided

Upon the protection .....I cant just imagine that you still have that as your signature undecided .. SMH

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by tonididdy(m): 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
because of buffons like this

...like how can u go on stage without a pant.see her hairy smelly congo sef

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by akpur1(m): 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
For me its normal. We have 2take care of you children so you dnt bring disgrace to us the parents
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Rejoice5000(f): 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
Because he has been there b4,he knows wat men can do and how far a man can go just to get what is between her daughters leg.even the dad did that to other women back then.that's why some of them are over protective.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by agehero13(f): 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
spongeback: For me my dad over did the protection thingy, he used to take my phone at night and he will keep it till the next morning, if he sees me with a guy cheesy the way he will embarrass you! undecided
my dad also did thesame thing for me and my sis, he was too overprotective, no male friend dare come to visit us, since they already know the kind of person he his but the conclusion of the whole matter is that pikin wey wan spoil go spoil

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by bebechuks: 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
Daddy wey dey suck breast outside no go want him own to be sucked!
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Collinsono: 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Rejoice5000(f): 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
[quote
author=koonbey]They don't want the "Sins wink of the Father to be visited
upon the Children"... that's why I don't wanna have female Children
cheesy[/quote] AMEN SO SHALL IT BE.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by peromosele: 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
Most father fill that, there is so much inresponsible young men out there that are trying to gamble with there daughter. If you are ready for married come out openly. Most guys are mainly wolf in a sheep clothing!!
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Youngpo413: 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
mascot87: Because of bad guys.If you are a man,how would you feel if guys just dey fukk your daughter anyhow ehn?All girls loves to be fukked anywayundecided

lol
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Youngpo413: 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
Lordlexyy: Man has pride. And any act that suggest him not being in charge, he fights it vehemently. Beside, who doesn't want a daughter to be proud ; good education, wonderful career and a wonderful husband/family. If all these are good, what devil motivate girls into embracing every dickkk colour and size that approach them, causing undue pressure and headache to their dad? #just asking#
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by GODSBEAUTY(f): 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
because of love
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dem know wetin dem do other people daughters na. Dem no want people to do am to their own. Simple. undecided
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by kilmix: 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
Because of wat dey did to oda peoples daughters.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by socrateez(m): 11:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
I also protect my girl but not to the extent of peeping at her phone or bb messages. I think that would be too much. More importantly, i make her understand that the reason I do that is for her own good. I allow guys to visit her so that I can know who her friends are and I can give her fatherly counsel. Recently, a guy requested that he wanted to take her out but i refused because it was his first visit after meeting my daughter on 2go. I explained that i didn't know him well enough to commit my girl into his care. there was no way of tracing him if he did anything funny. I consider this as mimimum protection which I must give as a father. In any case, she fully understands every action I take to shield her from hawks but I don't also overdo it so that she does not become rebellious. A father's protection is based on love, it's not meant to dominate the daughter's life.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by tintingz(m): 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
What is with the "cuz of yerima" thing...or isn't yerima legally married to his young egyptian wife approved by the parents? undecided

@OP ofcos a father must protect his own flesh and blood and more also fathers are more attached to their daughters.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Walspring: 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2013

Your dad is the same as my EX papa but thanks to God...
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
Kanwulia: Cuzzzz like my PAPPY, cool THEY know what THEY have done to YERIMARIZE other peoples' daughters AS OGBONI-OKIJA CHRISTIANS!!!!

Mu cha cha cha cha

*time for SEXXXXXXXX, then breakfast!!!!* cool

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
mascot87: Because of bad guys.If you are a man,how would you feel if guys just dey yansh your daughter anyhow ehn?All girls loves to be yanshed anywayundecided
Plz nt all gals maybe ur sisters
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by kayfeez(m): 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
because, they don't want what they did to other gals/women during their flirting day to happen to their daughters as well.[center]because, they don't want what they did to other gals/women during their flirting day to happen to their daughters as well.[/center]because, they don't want what they did to other gals/women during their flirting days to happen to their daughters as well.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by igboboy1(m): 12:14am On Sep 26, 2013
hahaha everything goes around y'all so what the fuss? All you popsies in the house, shey una dissect pesin pikin in your hey days now una no wan make dem dissect your own pikin.

What goes around comes around

ENu wa na eme ntughari ntughari..
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by young5(m): 12:44am On Sep 26, 2013
iamjustsassy: Don't know if its just me or if its really true.....but i've noticed fathers being overprotective of their female children..is there any motive behind this?or are they trying to shield their daughters from something they understand guys do to girls? Take for instance,a father getting angry at seeing his daughter with just a male friend but feels comfortable when he sees his sons with girls...pls i wanna know if there's any reason for this.
You are right, same thing happened to me. Guess they are scared
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 26, 2013
because they remember how they behaved as young men.
the idea of KARMA biting them in the bum scares them. tongue grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by BonnyDominic: 1:13am On Sep 26, 2013
Hahahahahaha, dey knw dat wat goes around, comes arnd na. Dey av also inflicted damages on ladies wen dey were young. Jealous fathers!
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 26, 2013
Chill bro when you have a teen daughter you will understand
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by nosingwa: 2:46am On Sep 26, 2013
The reason is plain and simple: male children like their mother more and mothers like their male children more and vice versa.. In psychology, it's called Oedipus complex and electra complex. Just google and read more about it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Renovate Our Family House? / Women Are Their Worst Enemies / How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.