Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? (12277 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by khalidqudus: 1:26am On Sep 25, 2013
Good morning Nairalanders, my topic was born of a deep thought on our world today and the role of Jesus in it. Do we need Jesus? What does it mean if I dont receive this Jesus?

Who is Jesus?
Jesus according to the bible; the only book through which we all got to know about God: He is the Son of God
Is it true?
Yes it is true
1. why is it that when you face any trouble and you shout Jesus or pray concerning any matter in the name of Jesus, there seem to be a spiritual intervention...so He is truly the Son of God.
2. When at night you sleep and something's trying or pressing you and you're trying to shout Jesus it seems to be difficult(I'll explain this in my other articles), if the name is not poowerful the devil wont try to keep you shut.

What relevance is He to us today?
In our world today where it seems like those who do spiritual stuffs are in charge and truly they are, what's His role? Those who are acquainted with Jesus seem to run to Church for protection when there is some spiritual forces after them but thats not why Jesus came; He came so we can be in charge. How?
Simple, first you have to be born again, secondly you need to have a bible to know who a christian really is and what have been given to him as benefits of being a christian, thirdly learn to use the name of Jesus ( devils and the realm of the spiritual conform to the will of those that use this name)
Thank you so much.

34 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by khalidqudus: 8:10am On Sep 25, 2013
Hmmm...word
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 25, 2013
undecided
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Swaginton(m): 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
Wait o..is dis a subject for discussion..rather than this I personally think someone shud ve opened a thread titled 'why Jesus is irrelevant in our day'..jez sayin
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
In capital.. WE ALL NEED JESUS!

15 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by sage2(m): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
Yes, he is even more relevant than ever.
khalidqudus: Do we need Jesus? What does it mean if I don't receive this Jesus.

Yes, we all need Jesus. Not receiving him means you don't get the benefits of receiving him - Salvation. I mean, what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul.

khalidqudus:
Who is Jesus?
It's easy. His is the way, the truth, and the light. He is the alpha and omega, The Lord and savior, the I am that I am. I could go on and on.

khalidqudus:
What relevance is He to us today?

Yes, he is even more relevant than ever.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by israel007: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
He's all powerful, all gracious, all merciful.

He's ever loving ever forgiving

YES, I NEED HIM EVERY MOMENT.

He's relevant to me... ROUND THE CLOCK

the children of Israel said the egyptians are coming after them, he said go through the sea there's a way there.

Moses said he couldn't talk, He said, I'm your voice.

Hannah said she couldn't conceive, He said you have a samuel already

They said Goliath was powerful, He said us a sling

A blind man said he couldn't see, He used mud and saliva to restore his sight.

Deep as the ocean is, His love for me is deeper. UNCONDITIONAL

Thousands were hungry, he said eat bread and be satisfied.

Paul and Silas were incarcerated, He said just sing.

THIS KIND GOD o, I NEVER SEE YOUR TYPE o

15 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Areaboy2(m): 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
No

6 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by jericco1(m): 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
i hope you ain't trying to blaspheme becos today ain't sunday
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by ITbomb(m): 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
All I know is that Jesus came to show us the Way to the Father.
People would rather prefer to shout the name Jesus when a rat run across their path instead of to learn and practice His teachings of fundamental love to one another and to the Father.

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by everyday: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Are u asking a question or giving an answer

6 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
YES...and also as a new "Believer" you got to avoid most CHURCHES. Its very necessary so you dont break faith as a result of your exposure to corporate religion and OUTRIGHT CORRUPTION.

Corporate CHristianity is the Fraud of the Age......

Its Support BLIND submission to authority
It reduces Human responsibility to the effect that "GOD" controls everything as such human philosophy and logic with intellectual reasoning should be laid down..which inturn reduces a society to GARBAGE(Nigeria)

Finally AWFUL Crimes like corruption can be JUSTIFIED in the NAME of the Divine Pursuit(GOD)

God Bless.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by adexsimply(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dunno

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Damey2011(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
So So So Relevant,,, Is that supposed to question gan ni undecided[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Area_boy: No
mtcheew! Nobody will clap 4 U cox u are on ur own. O.Y.O

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by kenx1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
He is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo RELEVANT 2DAY N 4 EVER

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by gen2briz(m): 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
I dey come I won pray. ...Wey dis mat self.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by sexymoma(f): 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
Area_boy: No
Before nko shey area boys sabi jesus ni... except Jesus Himself personally intervene in their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by jmoore(m): 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
Yes.
Without him no salvation.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
Is Jesus still relevant today? All I can say is that I have seen real life miracles in my own life. I am not talking about church testimonies, I have seen the real power of God at work and I can tell you that Jesus is even more relevant today than ever before. Jesus is real if you believe him and give him a chance. Unfortunately, most people just never give him that chance to prove himself to us.

Those living abroad may question the relevance of Jesus because they live in organised societies where things are very predictable. But in 9ja, na God dey do everything. Even our president relies on God to fix all the problems.

5 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
Jesus can come suck my balls. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
How relevant is Mary? grin grin *runs out of thread *

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by nikkypearl(f): 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
in TIMES like these,all we need is Jesus
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Lilimax(f): 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
jericco1: i hope you ain't trying to blaspheme becos today ain't sunday
I hope so too ... undecided

**Just watching from the side line****
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
Bossforeva: In capital.. WE ALL NEED JESUS!

Who gave you the right to choose for everyone?

We all need JESUS OXYGEN. grin

13 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
Maybe
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Afrobasic(m): 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
naah wink cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by damosky12(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dear OP, you and I as well as other (true) Christians can testify that Jesus is truely real and very relevant. Through Jesus, we recieved salvation &saved. Hence, through our relationship with HIM, we have the Holy Spirit HE promised us in John 14:16-18. So, we just know that HE is with us by HIS Spirit. "The Spirit Himself beareth witness with our Spirit..."-ROM 8:16. To the carnal folks, we are just being brainwashed. Why? They cant see. They are blind!!
"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. "- 2CORINTHIANS 4:4. That is why they dont get to accept the validity of the gospel of Jesus. They are Spiritually blind.. Mind you, regardless of whatever answer anybody gives, it doesnt change the fact that JESUS IS ALIVE AND IS WILLING TO ACCEPT YOU IRRESPECTIVE OF YOUR LEVEL OF SIN. HE LOVES YOU. He said: "Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, I will give you rest" -Matthew 11:28. He is real and very relevant to this world!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Lilimax(f): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
I choose not be offended ... undecided
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by sexymoma(f): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough: Jesus can come suck my balls. grin grin
His Father Created it... So no need of telling me to do such... He can decide to put your balls on suspension for some years for what you just wrote, so you can learn how to respect the One Above.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Aromas: 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough: Jesus can come suck my balls. grin grin

You really lack common sense. A respect to Prophet is a respect to God likewise our parents. May HE 4give u
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Promxy94(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
We Need Jesus In Our Life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What If You Were Left Behind After Rapture? / Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 / Christ Is My Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.