Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? (12283 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
he is what we make him, if he's alive why will people die in church, suffering around, blind pastor, corrupt church, incurable disease, cancer, Nigeria still poor and corrupt. I dare you jesus followers to ask him to solv those and see if he can do more than walk in watet, show off, who cares

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by trolling(m): 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough: Just one question for our bible believing "Christians".

If Satan was once an Angel (Lucifer), who tempted Angel Lucifer to sin when there was no Devil or sins back then?
I'm not a christian by religious indoctrination but I can answer your questions....Lucifer was not tempted,iniquity was found in him,and there's a reason for that but I don't think you need to know that because you dont believe in the sciptures and I dont believe in Ceasar Borgia,the heyZeus of today
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
chrisley024:
That's d point also. U can't be convinced by mere words.

D truth is hidden from d proud n shown to d lowly; to those d@ need dependence on Him n not those d@ depend on their self acclaimed knowledge.

Every clueless Christian put up the "the truth is hidden" or "the bible is filled with parables" as a line of defence. But the truth is, Christians don't know the bible.

They don't ask question either, only the Pastor knows all and everything he says is the word of God. And don't you dare ask the pastor questions, just believe by "faith" and drop your fu/cking offerings. grin grin

I have read that useless storybook even more than your pastor, I've read other religious books too. Don't you wonder how I know so much about your bible and religion?

The book is total crap and it should be quarantined before it destroys and exploits another generation.

These bigoted Pastors and religious leaders are working too hard to amend it through the new testament. Just recently in 1985 they added 4 chapters to the bible (1st, 2nd and 3rd John and Revelations). grin grin Surprised?? They said it was from a lost manuscript. LOL grin

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ola def2: what do you know about angels ?

See yeye question oo. Answer the question or ask for help from your Pastor.

Let him work a little for the offerings he extort from gullible Christians grin
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ozichim(m): 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Every clueless Christian put up the truth is hidden or the bible is filled with parables as a line of defence. But the truth is, Christians don't know the bible.

They don't ask question either, only the Pastor knows all and everything he says is the word of God. And don't you dare ask the pastor questions, just believe by "faith" and drop your fu/cking offerings. grin grin

I have read that useless book even more than your pastor, I've read other religious books too. Don't you wonder how I know so much about your bible and religion?

The book is total crap and it should be quarantined before it destroys and exploits another generation.

These bigoted Pastors and religious leaders are working too hard to amend it through the new testament. Just recently in 1985 they added 4 chapters to the bible (1st, 2nd and 3rd John and Revelations). grin grin Surprised?? They said it was from a lost manuscript. LOL grin

What is your problem, As I said Bible is very clear. If Christians want to hide something there would't have been bible. You hate Bible though you don't realy know why.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ola def2: hell awaits you!!! grin

Yimu... Na same 6 feet me and you go end. You no dey go anywhere bro. No Angels with wings, no hell fire, no heaven gate, No God, No white garment wearing Jesus, No anything. Just you and your small coffin.

If you like give all your money to God Pastor, you no dey go anywhere. Na wash

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ozichim(m): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

See yeye question oo. Answer the question or ask for help from your Pastor.

Let him work a little for the offerings he extort from gullible Christians grin
you are not a Christian, so why do you want to tell christians how to handle their pastors. even we also know that your father ie your master(D lucifer) has sent some of his agents to operate like christian pastors to decieve many. we are not idnorant of the devices of the devil.
Only Christian God has proved himself to be God, outside HIM there is no other God.
Devil will definitly fail.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Atigba: 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ozichim:
you are not a Christian, so why do you want to tell christians how to handle their pastors. even we also know that your father ie your master(D lucifer) has sent some of his agents to operate like christian pastors to decieve many. we are not idnorant of the devices of the devil.
Only Christian God has proved himself to be God, outside HIM there is no other God.
only christian God has proved himself to be God outside him there is no other God.You are simply an relegions extremist...What happen to the God of your ancestors Amadioha,sango and ogun...man you are jewish slave

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ijobaorun(m): 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
khalidqudus: Good morning Nairalanders, my topic was born of a deep thought on our world today and the role of Jesus in it. Do we need Jesus? What does it mean if I dont receive this Jesus?

Who is Jesus?
Jesus according to the bible; the only book through which we all got to know about God: He is the Son of God
Is it true?
Yes it is true
1. why is it that when you face any trouble and you shout Jesus or pray concerning any matter in the name of Jesus, there seem to be a spiritual intervention...so He is truly the Son of God.
2. When at night you sleep and something's trying or pressing you and you're trying to shout Jesus it seems to be difficult(I'll explain this in my other articles), if the name is not poowerful the devil wont try to keep you shut.

What relevance is He to us today?
In our world today where it seems like those who do spiritual stuffs are in charge and truly they are, what's His role? Those who are acquainted with Jesus seem to run to Church for protection when there is some spiritual forces after them but thats not why Jesus came; He came so we can be in charge. How?
Simple, first you have to be born again, secondly you need to have a bible to know who a christian really is and what have been given to him as benefits of being a christian, thirdly learn to use the name of Jesus ( devils and the realm of the spiritual conform to the will of those that use this name)
Thank you so much.
He is d only solution to mankind's problem. I believed you already had d understanding of His sovereign personality.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by lbckel4real: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
why do nairalanders keep posting religious stuffs jst to get
awareness.....oga o
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by esteriwa: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Jesus Loves u and everyone, if u're still living in sin, repent 2day and come 2 Him for cleasing, He'll have mercy on u, if u're humble and broken like David, He loves u.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
jking001:

I have work to do and cannot answer every reply you post,how well do you know the bible?was and is part and parcel of the old testament prophecy that was fufiled in the new testamet even some jews are still waiting for his coming ,here are some scripture verses for you.

[b]Maybe you don't know much about your bible but like I said, everything about Jesus was added recently to the bible when the Modern Church started questioning the old ways of "God".

Jesus is just the sugar coating of the real thing called "God" which was the norm at the time. As a king, you can kill at will, so they painted God to be "fierce" but as man develops, they created a modern day "God" called Jesus, a more civilised God.

Just in case you don't know I'll list your bible chapters and dates of publications so that you know that some men here on Nairaland are older than your bible new testament and I urge you to do some research.

Matt - 1960
Mark - 1950
Luke - 1960
John - 1980
Acts - 1961
Romans - 1955
1 Corinthians - 1954
2 Corinthians - 1955
Galatians - 1949
Ephesians - 1960
Philippians - 1961
Colossians - 1960
1 Thessalonians - 1950
2 Thessalonians - 1950
1 Timothy - 1962
2 Timothy - 1963
Titus - 1962
Philemon - 1960
Hebrews - 1960
James - 1940
1 Peter - 1963
2 Peter - 1963
1 John - 1980
2 John - 1980
3 John - 1980
Jude - 1960
Revelations - 1980

grin grin

So within 1940 - 1980 lost manuscripts suddenly started falling from the sky into the hands of religious leaders to form the new testament. grin

Christians are very gullible people.
[/b]
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ozichim:

So I'm now the devil grin grin Yet man of God like you cannot answer simple bible question. Instead you change am to quarrel. grin
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

[b]Maybe you don't know much about your bible but like I said, everything about Jesus was added recently to the bible when the Modern Church started questioning the old ways of "God".

Jesus is just the sugar coating of the real thing called "God" which was the norm at the time. As a king, you can kill at will, so they painted God to be "fierce" but as man develops, they created a modern day "God" called Jesus, a more civilised God.

Just in case you don't know I'll list your bible chapters and dates of publications so that you know that some men here on Nairaland are older than your bible new testament and I urge you to do some research.

Matt - 1960
Mark - 1950
Luke - 1960
John - 1980
Acts - 1961
Romans - 1955
1 Corinthians - 1954
2 Corinthians - 1955
Galatians - 1949
Ephesians - 1960
Philippians - 1961
Colossians - 1960
1 Thessalonians - 1950
2 Thessalonians - 1950
1 Timothy - 1962
2 Timothy - 1963
Titus - 1962
Philemon - 1960
Hebrews - 1960
James - 1940
1 Peter - 1963
2 Peter - 1963
1 John - 1980
2 John - 1980
3 John - 1980
Jude - 1960
Revelations - 1980

grin grin

So within 1950 - 1980 manuscripts suddenly started falling from the sky into the hands of religious leaders to form the new testament. grin

[/b]
. This guy knows the ugly truth. it was all dasigned, no wonder the whites don't buy that shit again, but africans are always dumb so...
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
esteriwa: Jesus Loves u and everyone, if u're still living in sin, repent 2day and come 2 Him for cleasing, He'll have mercy on u, if u're humble and broken like David, He loves u.

Dude seriously!! grin grin

Eleyi ti yari ooo
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by chrisley024(m): 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Every clueless Christian put up the truth is hidden or the bible is filled with parables as a line of defence. But the truth is, Christians don't know the bible.

I have read that useless book even more than your pastor, I've read other religious books too. Don't you wonder how I know so much about your bible and religion?

Bible is a book with more than its content which u need external force to comprehend. It was unfortunate d external force lacked wen u read it n u termed it useless.

Like I said, ur self acclaimed knowledge.
Jesus came for d needy n not those d@ claim they're self-sufficient
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by chrisley024(m): 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
D created was given d choice to either acknowledge his creator or not.

That's d freewill!
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by pseudonomer: 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2013
When I call on JESUS, All things are possible. As I'm typing this, I felt so Happy, so relieved and Joyful! I can't explain though.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by GODWINGODSON(m): 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
@Roughdoe what if you die(GOD FORBID) and then you find out that heaven and hell are real what would you do?
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by jking001(m): 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Matt - 1960
Mark - 1950
Luke - 1960
John - 1980
Acts - 1961
Romans - 1955
1 Corinthians - 1954
2 Corinthians - 1955
Galatians - 1949
Ephesians - 1960
Philippians - 1961
Colossians - 1960
1 Thessalonians - 1950
2 Thessalonians - 1950
1 Timothy - 1962
2 Timothy - 1963
Titus - 1962
Philemon - 1960
Hebrews - 1960
James - 1940
1 Peter - 1963
2 Peter - 1963
1 John - 1980
2 John - 1980
3 John - 1980
Jude - 1960
Revelations - 1980

grin grin

So within 1950 - 1980 lost manuscripts suddenly started falling from the sky into the hands of religious leaders to form the new testament. grin

[/b]

You say christains are gullible,but christainity and Jesus christ plus other religions has helped glued society together hamoniously since you claim to know all bring another book that can help hold mankind together,there's is no other book like the bible in the whole world,even your so called science cannot trace or give a true origin of water,and mind you mars is not the only solar planet tell your science people to keep looking for another planet and waste money they can give to the poor they would never find what they are looking for except is giving by God.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by jking001(m): 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Matt - 1960
Mark - 1950
Luke - 1960
John - 1980
Acts - 1961
Romans - 1955
1 Corinthians - 1954
2 Corinthians - 1955
Galatians - 1949
Ephesians - 1960
Philippians - 1961
Colossians - 1960
1 Thessalonians - 1950
2 Thessalonians - 1950
1 Timothy - 1962
2 Timothy - 1963
Titus - 1962
Philemon - 1960
Hebrews - 1960
James - 1940
1 Peter - 1963
2 Peter - 1963
1 John - 1980
2 John - 1980
3 John - 1980
Jude - 1960
Revelations - 1980

grin grin

So within 1950 - 1980 lost manuscripts suddenly started falling from the sky into the hands of religious leaders to form the new testament. grin

[/b]

You say christains are gullible,but christainity and Jesus christ plus other religions has helped glued society together harmoniously since you claim to know all bring another book that can help hold mankind together,there's is no other book like the bible in the whole world,even your so called science cannot trace or give a true origin of water,and mind you mars is not the only solar planet tell your science people to keep looking for another planet and waste money they can give to the poor they would never find what they are looking for except is its given by God.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by zanga420: 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
sexymoma: His Father Created it... So no need of telling me to do such... He can decide to put your balls on suspension for some years for what you just wrote, so you can learn how to respect the One Above.
No man that have insulted God that had, had it easy.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by zanga420: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
zanga420: No man that have insulted God that had, had it easy.
Yes! I just got a miracle. THERE'S GOD IN HEAVEN THAT RULES THE AFFAIRS OF MEN.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by esauy: 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
NO LONGER RELEVANT
1 Corinthians 13:11: When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Kingspin: If you dnt have him quickly go and find ur own Jesus. He is the only peace maker. All other gods are deceivers. They kill, murder, cheat, brainwash, hide the truth, put confusion here and there, keep people in bondage, evil thinkers etc. Without Jesus the world would be in darkness.

umm sorry to break it to you , but. .

[size=28pt]YOUR GOD DID ALL OF THAT![/size]

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Fisayo1995: 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
Sure ..we need JESUS in our evryday activity in life
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by PastorOluT(m): 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
obadiah777: undecided

Hmmm, God bless u bro, I cantruly see ur goodwork on NL.

@op God bless u too, simple n direct

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by clnzo: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Are you kidding me? Jesus preached love? LOL Jesus doesn't exist, the new testament was added to the bible only recently when the Modern day Church started questioning God's actions in the old testament.

God was a psycho, as in, insane. The man dey kill anyhow.

Threw angel Lucifer down from far away heaven, no even care if him leg go break.

Disowned Adam and Even, the same people he made in his own image and likeness.

Wiped out Sodom and Gomorrah.

Killed lots wife for looking back

Killed every 1st born of the Egyptians.

Supported numerous wars and killed many people in battle. Even made the Midianites soldiers kill themselves. grin

Killed Children for making fun of Elijah's bald head. grin grin

...and many morewat!! U truely insane!who created u? Pls answer?

If God was for real, that man would be at Yaba left chained for life.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ozichim:

What is your problem, As I said Bible is very clear. [s]If Christians want to hind something there would't have been bible[/s]. You hate Bible though you don't realy know why.

If Christians don't want to hide anything, why do they keep adding new chapters to the bible?
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
trolling: I'm not a christian by religious indoctrination but I can answer your questions....Lucifer was not tempted,iniquity was found in him,and there's a reason for that but I don't think you need to know that because you dont believe in the sciptures and I dont believe in Ceasar Borgia,the heyZeus of today

Just saw your ID and didn't take you seriously after.grin grin
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Precioussilas10: 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough: Jesus can come suck my balls. grin grin
4 ur mind u be hardman
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Kennedyiheme: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Lolz I used to be a devoted christian, but suddenly I started asking myself questions...."I was given birth to by my mother only to grow up to someone telling me about some kinda doctrine, brainwashing me, look its hard to blive bt if there is a God nigeria wouldn't be like dis, our so called christians have been praying since wen the missionaries brought christianity to nigeria, bt still yet, dis contry has remained the same, america and other nations are not spiritual as we are but things work out well in there economy. Its all because they have good and dedicated leaders that would sacrifice anytin for there country. Its dedication,hardwork,loyalty, and genuinity, and not PRayers. Pray from now till 2moro, nigeria wouldn't change until our leaders do the right thing

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? / What If You Were Left Behind After Rapture? / Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.