Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? (12301 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Gorgeous58(f): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
At the mention of the name of JESUS,every kneel must bow and every tongue must confess that JESUS is LORD.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Dude! On which phone will God call me? Who give am my number?

You did not find Christ on your own. You were brainwashed and you bought/were given the story book.

After studying it for sometime, you suddenly started sowing seeds, paying tithes and offerings, giving thanksgiving etc.

You even gave your thanksgiving in form of livestocks (Chicken, goats, cows etc) and your sharp-guy pastor sold it right before your eyes and calls it "HARVEST".

How else can we explain brainwash?

I dont pay tithe....WHere in God's name do people still use livestock as thanksgiving.........Not every "Christian" is foolish.
Did any of those thieving Pastors Still your Girlfriend?? Cos am gonna spew so much hate here if it happened to me.....I really dont trust them pastors these days too......like i stated they are really corrupt!
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
jking001:

Have you ever seen or exprienced spiritual or supernatual works of any form in your life be it black magic or white magic if you have then you don't need to doubt the supernatural,apart from that do you have course that people can go and study and teach other about love?if not forget it you have no point.

Man all those supernatural bull$hit you see in your Church ain't real, they are acting and you're paying for entertainment.

Give that your offering to the less privileged. That your cleaner may not have had a good breakfast before coming to clean your house or office, and her child may have had just dry pap without any milk.

Help the people around you, that's the way I practice religion. I don't need to read any story book, go to Church or follow Jesus before I do what is right.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
GODWINGODSON:
Pls drop your number here's mine 08065151048 let's relate okay am not judging maybe you haven't encoutered JESUS OF NAZARETH BEFORE THE MESSIAH i'll introduce you to him k? You will find fulfillment and joy

grin grin grin Drop my number so that you'll call me and threaten me with hell fire, fire and brimstone, devil's fork, torture, crying and gnashing of teeth.

You're deluded grin. It doesn't work for me.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
nutty_hnic:

I dont pay tithe....WHere in God's name do people still use livestock as thanksgiving.........Not every "Christian" is foolish.
Did any of those thieving Pastors Still your Girlfriend?? Cos am gonna spew so much hate here if it happened to me.....I really dont trust them pastors these days too......like i stated they are really corrupt!

Right from when I was a child, I've always been weary of them pastors. They make too much noise about Jesus and God and Moses with nothing to show for it.

Even Moses will be amazed by the iPhone and computer if he ever comes back to life. grin grin

Science minded individual here, I ain't got time to play mind games.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by jking001(m): 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
coolzeal: Is what is morally good commanded by God because it is morally good, or is it morally good because it is commanded by God?.. Jesus is not white and the first church was build in Ethiopia.. research Lalibela

Bros its clear to me now that you need JESUS because you can't use google to do your reaserch well if you had used google very well you would have seen this (((((This article lists some of the oldest church
buildings. The oldest extant building identified as
an early site of Christian worship is the Cenacle in
Jerusalem, according to the Catholic
Encyclopedia:[1] "the first Christian church". In
most instances, buildings listed here were
reconstructed numerous times and only
fragments or the foundations date to the
foundational period.
"Church" may also be used in the sense of
" Christian denomination", or in the singular as the
Christian Church as a whole. The
"church" (ecclesia) is traced to Pentecost and the
beginning of the Christian mission in the 1st
century. Individual congregations may also give
later foundation dates, dated to the
Christianization of the respective area.
The Etchmiadzin Cathedral, the mother church of
the Armenian church, built in 301-303 and still
standing is often called the oldest church in the
world.
)))))))))BEFORE THIS

Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion, Originally built
in the 4th century, rebuilt several times, most
recently in 17th century, Possibly oldest church
building in Sub-Saharan Africa (Ethiopian
Orthodox Church)

HAVE YOU EVER READ THE BIBLE BEFORE?If you have I would want you to tell me what you find that's morally wrong that's in Gods commandment or his word this bible is a guide and light to human existence or do you have any course or discipline that address love and good morals?if you have pls tell me i would like to study it,I need answers .

The world would go mad without christainity,christainity is based on love and good morals and this is an aspect of society man cannot address,christainity is not like other religion that can tolerate hate and violence.christainity is about love ,love for fellow humans are they bad eggs yes but that does not override the undelying fact of love for fellow human and life,go read about JESUS and his life style then you understand why we praise his holy name.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by dallyemmy: 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
and he is before all things, and in him all things consist Colossians 1:17
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
Just one question for our bible believing "Christians".

If Satan was once an Angel (Lucifer), who tempted Angel Lucifer to sin when there was no Devil or sins back then?
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough: Just one question for our bible believing "Christians".

If Satan was once an Angel (Lucifer), who tempted Angel Lucifer to sin when there was no Devil or sins back then?
what do you know about angels ?
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by jking001(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Man all those supernatural BS you see in your Church ain't real, they are acting and you're paying for entertainment.

Give that your offering to the less privileged. That your cleaner may not have had a good breakfast before coming to clean your house or office, and her child may have had just dry pap without any milk.

Help the people around you, that's the way I practice religion. I don't need to read any story book, go to Church or follow Jesus before I do what is right.

Fine now you talking,but mind you someone laid himself down as a model for compassion,so when you asked if he's still relevant in our everyday life you say yes,because you can't find anybook in your so called scientology that has addressed compassion and love like the way JESUS did so he's a model in this aspect,is like someone saying, karl marx and max weber are irrelevant in let's say sociology.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by jking001(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough: Just one question for our bible believing "Christians".

Bros you don't need anybody to tempt you when you have envy,he wanted to be God,you can tempt yourself its easy.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
jking001:

Bros you don't need anybody to tempt you when you have envy,he wanted to be God,you can tempt yourself its easy.
why ar u calling him Bros?
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:
When you die your body decompose just the same way your
house rat dies and decay, you're going no where dude. grin grin

If God lives up above and your soul must travel to meet him when you
die. Using your logic:

My soul would have to travel for over 705,000,000 KM.

An average man sprints at a speed of 15MPH.

If your logic is correct, my soul would run for 3,425 years at full
speed just to see God. grin grin grin

SMH undecidedChristians are a very rare species to behold.
LMAO,keep slaying em deluded xtians, they'll believe anything written in that book of fables of theirs,praise white Jizz-us
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by chrisley024(m): 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

When you die your body decompose just the same way your house rat dies and decay, you're going no where dude. grin grin

If God lives up above and your soul must travel to meet him when you die. Using your logic:

My soul would have to travel for over 705,000,000 KM.

An average man sprints at a speed of 15MPH.

If your logic is correct, my soul would run for 3,425 years at full speed just to see God. grin grin grin

SMH undecidedChristians are a very rare species to behold.
Hahaha!
A carnal man trying to understand tins of d spirit. Impossible!

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by jking001(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ola def2: why ar u calling him Bros?

I want him to see the light,he lost and needs love,no vex i no expect you to pick offence grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
jking001:

Fine now you talking,but mind you someone laid himself down as a model for compassion,so when you asked if he's still relevant in our everyday life you say yes,because you can't find anybook in your so called scientology that has addressed compassion and love like the way JESUS did so he's a model in this aspect,is like someone saying, karl marx and max weber are irrelevant in let's say sociology.

Are you kidding me? Jesus preached love? LOL Jesus doesn't exist, the new testament was added to the bible only recently when the Modern day Church started questioning God's actions in the old testament.

God was a psycho, as in, insane. The man dey kill anyhow.

Threw angel Lucifer down from far away heaven, no even care if him leg go break.

Disowned Adam and Even, the same people he made in his own image and likeness.

Wiped out Sodom and Gomorrah.

Killed lots wife for looking back

Killed every 1st born of the Egyptians.

Supported numerous wars and killed many people in battle. Even made the Midianites soldiers kill themselves. grin

Worse was he killed Children for making fun of Elijah's bald head. grin grin

...and many more

If God was for real, that man would be at Yaba left chained for life.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
jking001:

I want him to see the light,he lost and needs love,no vex i no expect you to pick offence grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
I understand you my brother even JESUS CHRIST OF NARARETH required us to always show them love....
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
chrisley024:
Hahaha!
A carnal man trying to understand tins of d spirit. Impossible!

The exact problem with Christianity.

None would ever present their facts. They'll go for the "You need deliverance" "You need Jesus" "Give your life to Christ" "God is calling you" "End time is near"

Convince me how fat Iya Basira will ever see God when she dies. How she go use run that everlasting race?
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by chrisley024(m): 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Are you kidding me? Jesus preached love? LOL Jesus doesn't exist, the new testament was added to the bible only recently when the Modern day Church started questioning God's actions in the old testament.

Threw angel Lucifer down from far away heaven, no even care if him leg go break.

Supported numerous wars and killed many people in battle. Even made the Midianites soldiers kill themselves. grin

Killed Children for making fun of Elijah's bald head. grin grin

...and many more

That's justice. Sowing n reaping.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
jking001:

You didn't answer the question. Read the question again and again, then give me a direct answer.

There's no point beating around the bush
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by jking001(m): 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
emk4lif:
LMAO,keep slaying em deluded xtians, they'll believe anything written in that book of fables of theirs,praise white Jizz-us

Sorry for your life if you can believe sicence and social sciences that keep correcting their flaws then am so sorry for you,initially they said the earth was round and today its no more round but you believed it was circle back then , you see the bible is not like that if you need everything about love compassion and how to live a good life then get the bible over a billion people can't be stupid or wrong ,i think you should check yourself bro.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

...and many more

the same God that gave you life , the same God that so merciful if not how compassion he is ? Imagine u of all , I pity ur soul

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
chrisley024:
That's justice. Sowing n reaping.

That's no justice bro. God needs a therapist ASAP grin grin
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ola def2: the same God that gave you life , the same God that so merciful if not how compassion he is ? Imagine u of all , I pity ur soul

Are you that brainwashed? You even quoted all the atrocities of God yet you say he's merciful. sad

You need to be brought out every new yam festival and lashed 10 strokes of the cain (Sharia style) until your head is correct.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by chrisley024(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

That's no justice bro. God needs a therapist ASAP grin grin
So our judges must be insane?
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Are you that brainwashed? You even quoted all the atrocities of God yet say he's merciful.

You need to be brought out every new yam festival and lashed 10 strokes of the cain (Sharia style) until your head is correct.
hell awaits you!!! grin
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by chrisley024(m): 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

The exact problem with Christianity.

None would ever present their facts. They'll go for the "You need deliverance" "You need Jesus" "Give your life to Christ" "God is calling you" "End time is near"

Convince me how fat Iya Basira will ever see God when she dies. How she go use run that everlasting race?
That's d point also. U can't be convinced by mere words.

D truth is hidden from d proud n shown to d lowly; to those d@ need dependence on Him n not those d@ depend on their self acclaimed knowledge.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
chrisley024:
So our judges must be insane?

Our judges give a fair trial. They let you stand before them and they give you a hearing. Your God doesn't.

He's a fu/ck/ing dictator and an extremist. But why am I talking like he exists? Well he doesn't, I'm only trying to describe how your "Holy Book" grin described him.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by jking001(m): 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

...and many more

I have work to do and cannot answer every reply you post,how well do you know the bible?was and is part and parcel of the old testament prophecy that was fufiled in the new testamet even some jews are still waiting for his coming ,here are some scripture verses for you.

44 Prophecies Jesus Christ Fulfilled
Prophecies About JesusOld Testament
ScriptureNew Testament
Fulfillment
1Messiah would be born of a woman.Genesis 3:15Matthew 1:20
Galatians 4:4
2Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.Micah 5:2Matthew 2:1
Luke 2:4-6
3Messiah would be born of a virgin.Isaiah 7:14Matthew 1:22-23
Luke 1:26-31
4Messiah would come from the line of Abraham.Genesis 12:3
Genesis 22:18Matthew 1:1
Romans 9:5
5Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac.Genesis 17:19
Genesis 21:12Luke 3:34
6Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob.Numbers 24:17Matthew 1:2
7Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah.Genesis 49:10Luke 3:33
Hebrews 7:14
8Messiah would be heir to King David's throne.2 Samuel 7:12-13
Isaiah 9:7Luke 1:32-33
Romans 1:3
9Messiah's throne will be anointed and eternal.Psalm 45:6-7
Daniel 2:44Luke 1:33
Hebrews 1:8-12
10Messiah would be called Immanuel.Isaiah 7:14Matthew 1:23
11Messiah would spend a season in Egypt.Hosea 11:1Matthew 2:14-15
12A massacre of children would happen at Messiah's birthplace.Jeremiah 31:15Matthew 2:16-18
13A messenger would prepare the way for MessiahIsaiah 40:3-5Luke 3:3-6
14Messiah would be rejected by his own people.Psalm 69:8
Isaiah 53:3John 1:11
John 7:5
15Messiah would be a prophet.Deuteronomy 18:15Acts 3:20-22
16Messiah would be preceded by Elijah.Malachi 4:5-6Matthew 11:13-14
17Messiah would be declared the Son of God.Psalm 2:7Matthew 3:16-17
18Messiah would be called a Nazarene.Isaiah 11:1Matthew 2:23
19Messiah would bring light to Galilee.Isaiah 9:1-2Matthew 4:13-16
20Messiah would speak in parables.Psalm 78:2-4
Isaiah 6:9-10Matthew 13:10-15, 34-35
21Messiah would be sent to heal the brokenhearted.Isaiah 61:1-2Luke 4:18-19
22Messiah would be a priest after the order of Melchizedek.Psalm 110:4Hebrews 5:5-6
23Messiah would be called King.Psalm 2:6
Zechariah 9:9Matthew 27:37
Mark 11:7-11
24Messiah would be praised by little children.Psalm 8:2Matthew 21:16
25Messiah would be betrayed.Psalm 41:9
Zechariah 11:12-13Luke 22:47-48
Matthew 26:14-16
26Messiah's price money would be used to buy a potter's field.Zechariah 11:12-13Matthew 27:9-10
27Messiah would be falsely accused.Psalm 35:11Mark 14:57-58
28Messiah would be silent before his accusers.Isaiah 53:7Mark 15:4-5
29Messiah would be spat upon and struck.Isaiah 50:6Matthew 26:67
30Messiah would be hated without cause.Psalm 35:19
Psalm 69:4John 15:24-25
31Messiah would be crucified with criminals.Isaiah 53:12Matthew 27:38
Mark 15:27-28
32Messiah would be given vinegar to drink.Psalm 69:21Matthew 27:34
John 19:28-30
33Messiah's hands and feet would be pierced.Psalm 22:16
Zechariah 12:10John 20:25-27
34Messiah would be mocked and ridiculed.Psalm 22:7-8Luke 23:35
35Soldiers would gamble for Messiah's garments.Psalm 22:18Luke 23:34
Matthew 27:35-36
36Messiah's bones would not be broken.Exodus 12:46
Psalm 34:20John 19:33-36
37Messiah would be forsaken by God.Psalm 22:1Matthew 27:46
38Messiah would pray for his enemies.Psalm 109:4Luke 23:34
39Soldiers would pierce Messiah's side.Zechariah 12:10John 19:34
40Messiah would be buried with the rich.Isaiah 53:9Matthew 27:57-60
41Messiah would resurrect from the dead.Psalm 16:10
Psalm 49:15Matthew 28:2-7
Acts 2:22-32
42Messiah would ascend to heaven.Psalm 24:7-10Mark 16:19
Luke 24:51
43Messiah would be seated at God's right hand.Psalm 68:18
Psalm 110:1Mark 16:19
Matthew 22:44
44Messiah would be a sacrifice for sin.Isaiah 53:5-12Romans 5:6-8
[b][/b]MY ANSWER AND QUESTION TO YOU IS THIS give me anybook in your so called scientology that has addressed compassion and love like the way JESUS and the bible has done ,you say your science has solved everything with books as proof so give me one book as proof on love and compassion so i can have a different view about life all that's going wrong in our society is lack of love and compassion for each other GIVE ME BOOK OO ABEG GIMME BOOK ON LOVE AND COMPASSION I WAN DIE FOR BOOK OF LOVE AND COMPASSION,what do you know about life ?do you know how much mans wickedness has cost fellow man and you say we don't need JESUS our model just say there's no need for religion as a whole in the society without religion society would disintergate religion holds society together,religion is the drug we need to survive because of mans wickenedness to fellow man,religion is the opium of the masses karl marx,i rest my case

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ozichim(m): 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

...and many more

Your comments are not surprising at all? How can a witch say something good about our Lord Jesus Christ or his body (the Church).
If not that Satan is a liar and father of all liars, I would have asked you to go and ask your father(Satan), If Jesus Christ of Nazareth exist.
Devil even believe that there is God and tremble about it.
One question for you, how do you sleep? ie how do you wake up? and how do you sleep?
Can you deny that the world forth WW2? The world witnessed Second World War and it is recorded in the history boot. Adolf Hitler leaved in Germany; they are all in history book. All about Christian God and some of his deeds are also recorded in the history book outside the bible.
The evident is there about the existence of Christian God and his Son Jesus Christ. He came as human and lived on the earth.
Stop deceiving yourself, the evident is very unambiguous.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ozichim(m): 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Our judges give a fair trial. They let you stand before them and they give a hearing. Your God doesn't.

He's a fu/ck/ing dictator and an extremist. But why am I talking like he exists? Well he doesn't, I'm only trying to describe how your "Holy Book" grin described him.
You are not looking for an answer. You are just talking, you know you are not free, the thing in you is stairing you to speak, check your life, how are you leaving your life?
Are you a deciever or not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Child Witches" Of Akwa Ibom - Story By Umari Ayim / Ogun Bans Crossover Services / "Pagans Are Responsible For The Draw-backs In Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.