Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York (23860 Views)

Mugabe Still Angry At Nigeria Over Sahara TV Incident / CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari / Funny: Channels TV Interviews NSCDC Commandant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by prettyboi1(m): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
safepassage2015: you r obviously dumbfounded at how articulate and composed he was despite being ambushed by 'sawawa' tv. Sori he disappointed you apc goons and Buhari supporters. You hv nt seen anytin yet
Anytime someone says something about Mr.President, even when it's true,you guys would attach sentiments to it & assume that these people are "enemies, " "apc goons," "Buhari fans," etc....To be honest,I'm now totally convinced that it's people like you guys that have surrounded the president's immediate aide appointments & that's why the president keeps gawking & falling our hands as Nigerians in general.

1 Like

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by tutu1: 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
You are just a fool, your whole generation can not do half of what GEJ has done while being president, saying rubbish online, I am sure you are not ashamed of IBB or Buhari or OBJ na, GEJ corrupt pass abi, Monkey like you
Beaf!:
I am soo shamed that this man is my president.

Yeah.. we are also 'working on' kicking your ignorant @55 out of Aso Rock come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by maxw726gmailc: 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2013
ballabriggs:

She may not be a Professional Journalist but she conducted herself well. That was an interview on the move, not a studio interview and was well handled by the lady. Perhaps you are used to Labaran Maku's gob shiite called NTA.

I am sorry to say but she was a mess. I don't think the President was stammering I think he was shocked at such nonsense coming out of the Reporters mouth. Her questions were at least three years old minimum. So for you to call it an "interview on the move" remember she went to war nobody forced her and you don't go to war with no arms. She is rubbish even unprofessionally arguing with the aides at the end. She needs to go back to primary school immediately. Who gave her a visa by the way ?

1 Like

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by importexpert(m): 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by ballabriggs: 2:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
maxw726@gmail.c:

I am sorry to say but she was a mess. I don't think the President was stammering I think he was shocked at such nonsense coming out of the Reporters mouth. Her questions were at least three years old minimum. So for you to call it an "interview on the move" remember she went to war nobody forced her and you don't go to war with no arms. She is rubbish even unprofessionally arguing with the aides at the end. She needs to go back to primary school immediately. Who gave her a visa by the way ?

You call asking a question about an insurgency that claimed over 160 lives of your citizens in a week nonsense? You call asking a question about respecting Federalism and revenue sharing in line with the law nonsense?

You must be nonsense yourself to think those questions are irrelevant.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by chokolatte: 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
ballabriggs:

She may not be a Professional Journalist but she conducted herself well. That was an interview on the move, not a studio interview and was well handled by the lady. Perhaps you are used to Labaran Maku's gob shiite called NTA.

Conducted herself well indeed...my friend go and sit down...she sounded so unserious like a child...like she wasn't even sure of the issues...and she wasn't obviously
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by gtrust: 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
atlwireles: How did that woman get that close to the president Somebody needs to start looking for a new Job.

No!
That part of the world (or New York) is completely cordoned off from people.
You can only get there after serious clearance from FBI & CIA.

She was cleared as a journalist.
If the president feels he was harrassed (which I don't think) they will make a complaint and it will be very very difficult to ever get a clearance to cover international events from friendly governments.

Na so the thing be, so relax!
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by sholasys: 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
The president did well, At least we all know the actions he had took to curtail Boko Haram. It will not stop Auto, we need God to Help us. He actually inherited BH, dough am not is fans.
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by 50calibre(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nigerians and their stup*d way of thinking, I can't believe some people on this thread are saying things like " have respect for the office of the president " " he is old enough to be your father " " what nonsense!

Is there any leader in the modernised world who doesn't get criticised or insulted? I've seen world leaders called all sorts of names, and i dont see anyone making a fuss about it.

How is it that some Nigerians could be so inane to this extent? they are willing to defend their incompetent leaders who bring nothing but suffering, hunger, poverty upon them? The fo*lish defend the fo*lish, no wonder Nigeria is regressing, the country reflects the quality of its leaders and masses (slaves)

Criticising your leaders in any manner you see fit is your democratic right, exercise it or shut up and stop trying to stop those who do.

4 Likes

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by Pataki: 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
proudlyAfrica: its like this is the way u usually address ur father when u feel he is no longer on the track...

I sometimes wonder, what you demented beings aim to achieve when you foolishly try to insult my parents? Nigeria has a doofus as a president. An utterly clueless and inept being who claims to be a PhD holder but turns into a stammerer, and a liar when asked about questions pertaining to the country he is presiding over.

The subject of discourse here is the kindergarten president we have. If your foolish brain cannot comprehend this, why not stay in your village and engage yourself catching oil soaked fishes.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by pascal2young(m): 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
Have you ever being a leader in any association or even a class prefect.....ur history can be tld from ur comments
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by abdul23(m): 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
bolaji73: pls can som1 tell me d uni whr dis otuoke hunter got his degree frm? NUC av 2 witdraw dere oparatn licence. Av always said dis man is d most dumb president nigeria have ever produced,bt my eastern frends, bin tribalistic, always argue on d contrary.even as an ssce holder i cant give dose nauseating comment..it's high time my country start giving topmost priority to 'Ability' instead of glorified certificate dat can be obtain in d street of lagos wit jst 10k.
SSCE holder? I never thought things could this bad for GEJ.
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by Pataki: 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
nerodenero: Your handle "Pataki" sounds like yoruba and if you are one, then, we aint known for disrespecting elders. Your choice of words are way too harsh to be used to describe the President. I am not Uncle Jona's fan but owo die die lara n fe.
Look, I am not here to appeal to your fanciful respecting of elders. Respect is deserved not demanded.

Has your president respected the office of presidency? Has he shown the decorum of a man who truly knows what the Presidency is about? Did he himself not acknowledge that he is a total misfit as a President?

This is the same man who has defined corruption in a gobsmacking dimension in this country. The same man who does not know how to intelligently answer question. The same man who avoids public debate during elections but rather prefers the likes of dbanj to be granting him interviews. The same man who debates with himself. The same man who spins lies at every instance whether it is on local or international media. And you ask me to respect this doofus of a president?!

9 Likes

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by Pataki: 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
chokolatte:

I don't think the Adeola is intelligent..she should go learn how to do a professional journalism job...she should have been better prepared than that with her questions

Oh really?! You mean professional journalism job like how your useless NTA does? grin

Actually she was far better prepared than your useless President. Did you not notice her schooling your kindergarten President about the reality on ground when it comes to the governors not in support of how he wants to handle the sovereign wealth fund?

1 Like

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
maxw726@gmail.c:
I am quite surprised that a reporter can get access and ask the President such mundane questions on the streets of New York. "What are you doing about Boko Haram" Did Boko haram start yesterday? Does the reporter not read newspapers? She appears to have dropped straight out of primary school even arguing with the aides. Has she not heard of any current world issues such as the incident in Nairobi ? Sovereign Fund... when we have more pressing issues like oil theft, power and poverty. Sahara should never ever unleash those kind of amateur reporters on the President again.
Journalism being the fourth estate owes the public updates on happenings. You have heard of Boko Haram, do you think others have?
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by maxw726gmailc: 2:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
ballabriggs:

You call asking a question about an insurgency that claimed over 160 lives of your citizens in a week nonsense? You call asking a question about respecting Federalism and revenue sharing in line with the law nonsense?

You must be nonsense yourself to think those questions are irrelevant.

My Friend I am not about to lecture you on journalism however let me point out to you that it is essentially about delivering news of tommorrow, today... not news of three years ago. At no point did she ask him as you are asking me about 160 lives claimed in a week. If she had asked the President what action he intends to take regarding the 160 lives claimed this week...then its a current and specific question and that is a totally DIFFERENT question FROM "what do you intend to do about Boko Haram" And if you do not recognise the difference then you probably need to go back to the same primary scool as the Reporter.
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by safepassage2015: 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
ennon92: Mr man, y is d guy's view itching u?...d guy is entitled to his own opinion, so y re u attacking him.
Perhaps, re u related to gej in any way or d other? Every1 knows dat ur so called Gej is not capable of handling dis country...And if there is need for u to quote me, I'll implore u to be civilize or else....
you dumb asss......tell me y he is nt capable of running the country and u are sayin 'everybody knows'...I knw he is qualified to run this country...say wat u knw and nt ur 'everybdy'
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by talktimi(m): 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
Pataki: What kind of a dunce is this man!

Boko Haram - "we are working very hard on that", how can a president make such a useless generic statement like that? Did this doofus of a president not learn from his Kenyan counterpart on how to address firmly the issue of terrorism in a country??

Well over 3000 people have died, our useless president is saying "the interviewer needs to update her statistics"!

When asked about sovereign funds, this dunce of a President immediately turned into a stammerer!

See the bunch of retardeenic sycophants trying to push Adeola away from asking questions to the President. What a disgrace Nigeria has become.
you're so pathetic...
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by maxw726gmailc: 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Journalism being the fourth estate owes the public updates on happenings. You have heard of Boko Haram, do you think others have?

Well anybody who has an interest in Nigeria and hasn't heard about Boko Haram does not read papers, watch the news or listen to radio...and in fact really has no interest in Nigeria
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by abdul23(m): 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: These Tinubu rats are just too bitter and hateful. Just imagine their vituperations towards the president of Nigeria. These rats should realise that elections are not won based on abuses and insults.
You are actually doing what you accuse others of.Be the change you want...that reminds me.Your post always have TINIBU,BUHARI,APC,even when the topic is not related to them.why is it so?

3 Likes

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by safepassage2015: 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Ewu talking about "inspire". Where did the beautiful speeches of the likes of Azikiwe lead Nigeria to? Coup, countercoup and civil war. We do not need a talking or motivational speaker as president. We need a president that will walk the talk and get the JOB DONE. I'm not interested in verbose speeches. If what inspires you is empty verbose grammar, kindly go to the likes of Rochas or Patrick Obahiagbon

The irony of some of these fools that of talk of inspirational speeches is that they supported Buhari at the last election. Between Buhari and GEJ, who is a better public speaker? HATERS are perpetually looking for reasons to hate more. Yeye dey smell.
well spoken broda. Dey wud keep hating and gej wud keep gettin the work done!!!!
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by Pataki: 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
talktimi: you're so pathetic...

You are not different from the sycophants that surrounds themselves with that kindergarten president as evidenced in the video by SaharaReporters.

Disgusting beings and liars.

1 Like

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by alons: 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wat is dis 1 saying?
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by ballabriggs: 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
maxw726@gmail.c:

My Friend I am not about to lecture you on journalism however let me point out to you that it is essentially about delivering news of tommorrow, today... not news of three years ago. At no point did she ask him as you are asking me about 160 lives claimed in a week. If she had asked the President what action he intends to take regarding the 160 lives claimed this week...then its a current and specific question and that is a totally DIFFERENT question FROM "what do you intend to do about Boko Haram" And if you do not recognise the difference then you probably need to go back to the same primary scool as the Reporter.

Who cares about what you learnt from Maku's school of mediocre journalism? She asked important questions, that is the issue.

The news we have today is Boko Haram is still running riot all over the North East with hundreds dying weekly. It becomes important to ask what is being done about the situation. Update us, what is happening at the moment. How is it a wrong question for a journalist to ask? It is a problem if you are graduate of Labaran Maku's school of mediocre journalism.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
abdul23: You are actually doing what you accuse others of.Be the change you want...that reminds me.Your post always have TINIBU,BUHARI,APC,even when the topic is not related to them.why is it so?
Lemme answer you. it's because he's always having nightmares about Tinubu and Buhari. He's so obsessed with them. He is a psycho. Always blaming Jonathan's incompetence on APC. grin

1 Like

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by alons: 2:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
abokinside: How long are you guys goin to keep patching this guy up he is just unbelievably incompetent, just look at how jittery eveyone around him was. Everytime he is asked questions about his job he never gives any coherent answer. How long are we goin to manage this kind of president, you guys promoting this mediocre dont love Nigeria at all, even if I didn't go to school 2 yrs of acting presideny and 2 1/2 yrs of another term thats 4.5 years as commander in chief of the federal republic yet any of the guys walking with hime would ve answered the questions far better and you guys want to force the man on us in 2015. Tell me sincerely if any nation were to have a clueless, mediocre leader like Gej for 10 years what would be left of the country after that ten years. Haba ! Guys fear God nah! This your man is crassly incompetent and totally unable to change Nigeria for the better. Did you see the Brazilian president deliver HER speech without reading from a script! My president cannot even read from a script properly, he has to return to Otuoke come 2015, let the south south give us a competent man in 2015 not Gej. So sorry to say this but Gej does not inspire no body not even his domestic aides he is just too basic to be a leader of a great country like Nigeria.
wat is dis 1 saying?

1 Like

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan had one of the most outsized
delegation when he went to the United Nations General
Assembly in the United States, drawing up personalities
apparently irrelevant for the meeting, with likely cost
implications in several millions if not billions of naira.
Several members of the ruling Peoples
Democratic Party for instance, joined the train
to New York, so much that the party halted its
activities since Monday.
On Tuesday, reporters also confirmed several ex-militant
leaders,
and known supporters of the president, and several others are
presently in the United States for the same mission.
"I can tell you everyone I called today are in New York," an
associate of President Jonathan said. "Several ex-militants are
also there, although there are claims they paid their way there."
The source, who did not want to be named out of concern the
disclosure he made might anger Mr. Jonathan, gave some
names
of militants he said travelled to New York with the President.
We
are withholding the names because we could not
independently
verify them as at the time of filing this report.
{read_more}
The sidekicks that accompanied the president are separate
from
the nearly a dozen ministers travelling with Mr Jonathan,
several
aides, hangers on with clearly no relevance to the trip.
Mr. Jonathan has managed to build a notorious reputation for
travelling for international events with huge entourages that
often
put him up for stinging criticisms since taking office in 2010.
That year, the president reportedly travelled with 120 people to
New York. In February 2013, officials who travelled with the
president for an African Union meeting in Ethiopia, averaged
making the Nigerian delegation the largest to the meeting.
When concerns flared again this time about his team to the
current UN meeting, with allegations that as many as 600 may
have travelled with the president to New York, the presidency
scrambled a denial, saying those who travelled officially with
the
president were less than 30.
The response, in a statement issued by spokesperson, Reuben
Abati, however admitted more people were in New York but
said
they were "for their own purposes". "We are certainly aware
that
many Nigerian citizens are currently on visits to New York.
These persons are here for their own purposes and neither
President Jonathan nor his administration has any
responsibility
for the presence of these persons in New York," Mr. Abati said.
He said those include Nigerian businessmen for "an African
Business Roundtable event, members of non-governmental
organizations and tourists".
Sources could however not ascertain the exact number of
those
who travelled with the president this time. But our reporters
who
visited PDP headquarters on Monday and Tuesday confirmed
several party members were on the trip.
All events were accordingly suspended at the party office.
Presidency sources also confirmed former militant leaders who
since become loyalists of the president, were on the trip.
So awkward was the Nigerian team accompanying Mr.
Jonathan
that at the president's meeting with Mr Obama on Monday,
the
ministers were left standing by the sides, apparently as
seating
arrangements were not made for the large number.
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by DerideGull(m): 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
Pataki: What kind of a dunce is this man!

Boko Haram - "we are working very hard on that", how can a president make such a useless generic statement like that? Did this doofus of a president not learn from his Kenyan counterpart on how to address firmly the issue of terrorism in a country??

Well over 3000 people have died, our useless president is saying "the interviewer needs to update her statistics"!

When asked about sovereign funds, this dunce of a President immediately turned into a stammerer!

See the bunch of retardeenic sycophants trying to push Adeola away from asking questions to the President. What a disgrace Nigeria has become.

Nigerian's bent on know-it-all is incredible. How could any sensible person want the president to answer the question about Boko Haram other then “we are working very hard on that” and granted there are classified and unclassified aspects of the answers?

The president would have been regarded as a goon if he had voiced the details of operations against Boko Haram in a public arena.

1 Like

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by maxw726gmailc: 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
ballabriggs:

Who cares about what you learnt from Maku's school of mediocre journalism? She asked important questions, that is the issue.

The news we have today is Boko Haram is still running riot all over the North East with hundreds dying weekly. It becomes important to ask what is being done about the situation. Update us, what is happening at the moment. How is it a wrong question for a journalist to ask? It is a problem if you are graduate of Labaran Maku's school of mediocre journalism.

I know you are bush man and will forever be a bush man. So trying to explain anything outside of a bush to you will not work. Journalism is about being current ask questions about current events...try one day to come out of the bush and see what is happening in 2013

1 Like

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by gunuvi(m): 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
abokinside: How long are you guys goin to keep patching this guy up he is just unbelievably incompetent, just look at how jittery eveyone around him was. Everytime he is asked questions about his job he never gives any coherent answer. How long are we goin to manage this kind of president, you guys promoting this mediocre dont love Nigeria at all, even if I didn't go to school 2 yrs of acting presideny and 2 1/2 yrs of another term thats 4.5 years as commander in chief of the federal republic yet any of the guys walking with hime would ve answered the questions far better and you guys want to force the man on us in 2015. Tell me sincerely if any nation were to have a clueless, mediocre leader like Gej for 10 years what would be left of the country after that ten years. Haba ! Guys fear God nah! This your man is crassly incompetent and totally unable to change Nigeria for the better. Did you see the Brazilian president deliver HER speech without reading from a script! My president cannot even read from a script properly, he has to return to Otuoke come 2015, let the south south give us a competent man in 2015 not Gej. So sorry to say this but Gej does not inspire no body not even his domestic aides he is just too basic to be a leader of a great country like Nigeria.
Pls you or your papa or mama should contest in 2015 or else shut the Bleep up!!

1 Like

Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
[quote author=Pataki]

This guy deserve to be caged in an -Insane Assylum- because to be frank with u reading ur post is obvious u are mal-adjusted.
Re: Sahara TV Interviews President Jonathan On The Streets Of New York by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
maxw726@gmail.c:

Well anybody who has an interest in Nigeria and hasn't heard about Boko Haram does not read papers, watch the news or listen to radio...and in fact really has no interest in Nigeria
You say rubbish. By inference nobody should ask questions on Boko Haram? You head don block.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Secretariat Flooded After Heavy Rainfall. Photos / How Police Took Over NASS, Tear-Gassed Lawmakers Under GEJ - Vanguard News, 2014 / APC Factions Clash Over Obaseki’s Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.