Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,443 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (255470 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by cantell(m): 11:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
grin
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 23, 2013
cantell: A young or retired pharmacist with license is needed to register a pharmacy shop in Ogun state.
Details and pay package can be negotiated with the owner.
Call ********** for more details.
Nigeria!!!..... Smh
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
There's nothing wrong with wah he posted na..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
adeola_drg: There's nothing wrong with wah he posted na..

tell us more pls...... av being hearing about dat but havn't gotten the full gist.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Johncuppa(m): 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
I'm a d.e aspirant. Pls av nt being reading post from unilorin pharmacy stds here, does it mean unilorin pharmacy is nt all dat recognise or wat?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
Johncuppa: I'm a d.e aspirant. Pls av nt being reading post from unilorin pharmacy stds here, does it mean unilorin pharmacy is nt all dat recognise or wat?

Their pharmacy students may not be on NL. Or may not contribute because dey don't av accreditation yet. I worked with a unilorin pharmacy stud recently and she did real good. Hosting the just-concluded PSN conference would be a very good boost for them. I know this....
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by pxjosh(m): 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
how come u don't have a profile @ nobody?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by stefikal(f): 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
pxjosh: how come u don't have a profile @ nobody?

who's nobody
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
pxjosh: how come u don't have a profile @ nobody?
are u a stranger on nairaland Funni question
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by pxjosh(m): 6:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
s!s! afrika:

are u a stranger on nairaland Funni question
yes i am
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
She deacticated her account
pxjosh: yes i am
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
Any update on The Pharm. D stuff?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 8:03am On Nov 26, 2013
Samgreguc: Any update on The Pharm. D stuff?

Did u see that thread on the education section where the minister of health was calling for a revolution? He said he has received 3 threats so far. If u ask me, I can boldly tell u that Pharm Olumide Akintayo(PSN chairman)'s letter is already on his table. Keep calm bruv, God is still on the throne.

Another good news is PCN has been reinstated. kiss
Samgreguc: Any update on The Pharm. D stuff?

Did u see that thread on the education section where the minister of health was calling for a revolution? He said he has received 3 threats so far. If u ask me, I can boldly tell u that Pharm Olumide Akintayo(PSN chairman)'s letter is already on his table. Keep calm bruv, God is still on the throne.

Another good news is PCN has been reinstated.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kelyto: 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
adeola_drg:

Another good news is PCN has been reinstated. kiss

Another good news is PCN has been reinstated.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kelyto: 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
adeola_drg:

Their pharmacy students may not be on NL. Or may not contribute because dey don't av accreditation yet. I worked with a unilorin pharmacy stud recently and she did real good. Hosting the just-concluded PSN conference would be a very good boost for them. I know this....
How do u mean PCN has been reinstated....was it at any time abolished?....and what has d letter pharm Akintayo sent to Prof chukwu has to do with the pharm D programme...expantiate pls
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
Kelyto: How do u mean PCN has been reinstated....was it at any time abolished?....and what has d letter pharm Akintayo sent to Prof chukwu has to do with the pharm D programme...expantiate pls

Ur first question ehn. I asked myself that same question during the AGM meeting at the last conference buh I had no one to answer. I think PCN has been inactive lately. FMOH has to allow teaching hospitals run pharmD, without that pharmD cannot work. Teaching hospitals have to recognize pharmacists. We shud be allowed to talk to the patients and review their regimen at any time T. Ministry of health is at the helm of decisions. That letter has to do with both pharmD and the consultancy conferment. The latter is a done deal aiidy. Yipee!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 6:00am On Nov 27, 2013
Thats a good step.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kelyto: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
adeola_drg:

Ur first question ehn. I asked myself that same question during the AGM meeting at the last conference buh I had no one to answer. I think PCN has been inactive lately. FMOH has to allow teaching hospitals run pharmD, without that pharmD cannot work. Teaching hospitals have to recognize pharmacists. We shud be allowed to talk to the patients and review their regimen at any time T. Ministry of health is at the helm of decisions. That letter has to do with both pharmD and the consultancy conferment. The latter is a done deal aiidy. Yipee!
Yes dats true,PCN has not been dat active and supportive to d progress of d proffesion recently particularly the chairman,i think pharm morah or somtin did not step down after his tenure.I also knew of a time when the PSN request that the president dissolve the board of members of the then PCN because PCN did not have members of the PSN the governing board...may dat is what has now been achieved...thats a great feat i must say....but do u knw abt any progress pertaining d pharm D...u mean the FMOH is abt to approve it?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
Kelyto: Yes dats true,PCN has not been dat active and supportive to d progress of d proffesion recently particularly the chairman,i think pharm morah or somtin did not step down after his tenure.I also knew of a time when the PSN request that the president dissolve the board of members of the then PCN because PCN did not have members of the PSN the governing board...may dat is what has now been achieved...thats a great feat i must say....but do u knw abt any progress pertaining d pharm D...u mean the FMOH is abt to approve it?

There's going a stakeholders meeting, a national conference like Prof Tayo called it. The FMC directors, NMA president, PSN and PCN President, PANS president, Minister of health, directors of the teaching hospitals, nursing council, deans of faculties of pharmacy, 1 ACPN member, 1 NAIP member, CMD of teaching hospitals and the media house representative. If u get the gist sha. Facts'll be placed on the table, discussions will come up and a decision would be taken. If after that the doctors don't agree, then industrial court is next. I wish u heard Prof Fola Tayo speak, pharmD is inevitable.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hmmmm! What an Interesting news romancing my tympanic membrane and my three ossicles.

KIU bro. I lav ya both!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kelyto: 8:01am On Nov 28, 2013
u mean d meeting is going on now?mehn,dis is a great news seriously......tnks adeola,u'r doin a great job here...try and keep us posted on any new development
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Pharmacy

most of the universities in the world just started their pharmD program....

1. If the PharmD program is accredited ll the accreditation have effect on those that are already studying ing program or it ll be limited to the new intake??

2. If on grad with a pharmD, i read that s/he can address Him/herself has a "Dr".... I wonder how s/he ll do it coz ll it be advisable to put it like..... Dr. Pharm Lagbaja or Pharm Dr. Lagbaja...... Or ll the pharm be fully erradicated and replaced with "Dr"

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
As for me, I love the pharm to come b4 my name.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 4:46am On Nov 29, 2013
I want it as Drx. Sisi Afrika, Pharm.D, MPH, MBA, PhD, MPSCN ,FWAP bla bla bla.
Oh, sorii, I was dreaming.
#yawns, crawl back to bed**

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 4:49am On Nov 29, 2013
Im reading dispencing now so pls house help me differentiate these:
daily dose, divided dose, daily maximum dose, single dose. Thanks. Someone actually asked me and i was like durrh.
Ok, also, define poison, OTC, Official Prep. Laws of three readings. Anybody??

Lika tha fuqq!!!! Where is evryone of you??
Mtchwwwww, so so angry!!!!!!
Why do we have to desert this placee??!!!!!!
Gosh!!!!!!!!

Am I high on Codeine? Mayb #pukes, #faints

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 29, 2013
s!s! afrika:
I want it as Drx. Sisi Afrika, Pharm.D, MPH, MBA, PhD, MPSCN ,FWAP bla bla bla.
Oh, sorii, I was dreaming.
#yawns, crawl back to bed**
lol..... Too much
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 9:09am On Nov 29, 2013
Sadly when the Dr title comes, the Pharm. has to go.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by flexshop(m): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2013
Pharmacy profession: For those on the new BBM platform, join the interactive pharmacy channel: C00124FF8
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 11:36am On Nov 29, 2013
^^ How pls

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2013
s!s! afrika:
Im reading dispencing now so pls house help me differentiate these:
daily dose, divided dose, daily maximum dose, single dose. Thanks. Someone actually asked me and i was like durrh.
Ok, also, define poison, OTC, Official Prep. Laws of three readings. Anybody??

Lika tha fuqq!!!! Where is evryone of you??
Mtchwwwww, so so angry!!!!!!
Why do we have to desert this placee??!!!!!!
Gosh!!!!!!!!

Am I high on Codeine? Mayb #pukes, #faints

Lemme try. Ive done little on dispensing Buh.. *clears throat *
Kk les say we av a prescription that says:
Rx
Tab ampiclox 500mg q.i.d ×5/7
If 500mg is dispensed, then daily dose is 4 tabs.
Daily maximum dose is the dose at which a drug exceeds its therapeutic window. Any additional dose myt be toxic. Single dose nw, as it implies *dodges*
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
adeola_drg:

Lemme try. Ive done little on dispensing Buh.. *clears throat *
Kk les say we av a prescription that says:
Rx
Tab ampiclox 500mg q.i.d ×5/7
If 500mg is dispensed, then daily dose is 4 tabs.
Daily maximum dose is the dose at which a drug exceeds its therapeutic window. Any additional dose myt be toxic. Single dose nw, as it implies *dodges*

oh yeah thanks honey.
Still kinda confused on d daily dose bruhaha.
If ur to take Acetaminophen 250mg b.i.d, so daily dose is 2tabs u mean? Oh, i now get.

Im having little ish with calculations involving titurates. Anybody can chip in sumtins, i dnt dim to understand google.
I ask alot, I know, yh, d bible says, ask and it shall be what?
**flysOuttaThread**

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
Tommybob: lol..... Too much
ha, e never much o, some had RN, MBBS, Bpharm, MBA, MSC, MPH togeda, like seriously

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.