Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (255164 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by FelcoCom: 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
hope d maths in part one is not dat hard cos durin my pd days i didnt do it..i just did bio. chem...phy....nd pls in pArt two hope we r nt offerin maths.......#i rep OAU
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Tycoon4(m): 10:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
adeola_drg:

We joins hands.. More Pcl, less pch and PCG won't be bad.. I suppose the short forms for the courses vary with diff schools. In mine it's pct for Ceutics, PCM for micro, Pcl for clinical, PCG for Cognosy, pch for pharmchem and PHA for pharmacology.. Who has something different?

I understand these! I finished from OOU, May 7th, 2013 things wink
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
kjbobo:
All the best
thanks
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
adeola_drg:

I had a 4.95 in my 100L, hoping to finish with a first when I resumed, but then this 200L first semester has been hell-like.. Ryt now, I don't mind having Atleast a 4.-anything..
the lord is ur strength.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Tycoon4(m): 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
adeola_drg:

We joins hands.. More Pcl, less pch and PCG won't be bad.. I suppose the short forms for the courses vary with diff schools. In mine it's pct for Ceutics, PCM for micro, Pcl for clinical, PCG for Cognosy, pch for pharmchem and PHA for pharmacology.. Who has something different?

Actually, a world without Pharm chem is a dead world, you will appreciate this when you start Medicinal chemistry, where it takes you through a different dimension in Pharmacology, biochemistry and Physiology.

The beauty of 'Structure Activity Relationship' (SAR) will give you a new dimension of eye-opening as you begin to understand the use of functional groups in drug activities, which will be the main factor in reassuring the Physicians and the likes, that 'Your judgement regarding drugs' should not be contested or second-guessed!

Another thing is the area of Drug Development!!!! You don't really wanna get me started!

Many more advantages abound in valuing your Pharm chem, and there are many advantages attached to Cognosy as well!

So y'all should take your PCH and PCG serious, in the end..you will realize that, No knowledge is a waste! I actually sucked in Pharmacognosy tho grin
adeola_drg:

Actually, a world without Pharm chem is a dead world, you will appreciate this when you start Medicinal chemistry, where it takes you through a different dimension in Pharmacology, biochemistry and Physiology.

The beauty of 'Structure Activity Relationship' (SAR) will give you a new dimension of eye-opening as you begin to understand the use of functional groups in drug activities, which will be the main factor in reassuring the Physicians and the likes, that 'Your judgement regarding drugs' should not be contested or second-guessed!

Another thing is the area of Drug Development!!!! You don't really wanna get me started!

Many more advantages abound in valuing your Pharm chem, and there are many advantages attached to Cognosy as well!

So y'all should take your PCH and PCG serious, in the end..you will realize that, No knowledge is a waste! I actually sucked in Pharmacognosy tho..lol, never had any 'A' in the department! I was considered a Pharmacology mini-god! That's the best aspect of Pharmacy.

Peace!

5 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 7:31am On Sep 27, 2013
FelcoCom: hope d maths in part one is not dat hard cos durin my pd days i didnt do it..i just did bio. chem...phy....nd pls in pArt two hope we r nt offerin maths.......#i rep OAU

U'd do some #NotSoHard Calculus and statistics in Ceutics, 200L.. If u check the pcn link I gave earlier, u'd see the benchmark there, buh diff schools arranged the courses diffly.. U shud ask ur PANS presido or Faculty dean for ur faculty handbook, u'll see errithing there..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2013
Ty_coon:

I understand these! I finished from OOU, May 7th, 2013 things wink

Nice one!!! I was at ur induction ceremony, 'twas a serious motivation for me oo, tho I was peeping to get a glance at u guys... congrats!!! Where r u doing ur internship?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Tycoon4(m): 8:12am On Sep 27, 2013
adeola_drg:

Nice one!!! I was at ur induction ceremony, 'twas a serious motivation for me oo, tho I was peeping to get a glance at u guys... congrats!!! Where r u doing ur internship?

Yeah, I know the feeling..the catchy part is usually the 'Stand up for the Champions' song of the day! You will definitely get there, with hardwork, dedication and commitment. 77/124peeps, not a small thing wink! But we thank the Lord.

Internship is at the University College Hospital, IB!

Cheers
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 27, 2013
iRepRxOAU... D premier Pharmacy School in Nigeria!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:47am On Sep 27, 2013
#me@:
iRepRxOAU... D premier Pharmacy School in Nigeria!
we meet again,.. Welcome aboard
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Swashi007(m): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ma oga @ d top,greetins 4rm far nd near,cnt wait to start pharmacy sch afta d strike,but i av 1 que: pharmacy nd pharmacology
wich is beta?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Tycoon4(m): 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
Swashi007: Ma oga @ d top,greetins 4rm far nd near,cnt wait to start pharmacy sch afta d strike,but i av 1 que: pharmacy nd pharmacology
wich is beta?

Pharmacy...by a mile!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ty_coon:

Pharmacy...by a mile!
pls y do u say so?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: we meet again,.. Welcome aboard
thanks dude.
I am #me@, year 2 pharmacy student in a SW uni Nigeria.
The experience has been fun filled, yeah, cos there are some sort of pleasure one derives from pain.
May God grant our efforts with success. The way bright, sharp, brilliant and intelligent people fail here is discouraging. It is well
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
Samgreguc:
pls y do u say so?
one is a subset of another: go figure that out!

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ty_coon:

Pharmacy...by a mile!
wait, sorry, are u from the North Central?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
In our school, most of our courses are sessional that, we recieve lectures in those course thruout the year but write exams only at the end of the rain(2nd) semester. U can imagine the work load.
Also, u are permited to fail a max of 3 courses( u are granted resit in those) @ d end of a session else which is repeat.
Failure to pass @ the resit level leads to repeat.
Repeating a class consecutively thrice means withdrawal.
We all know that pass mark is 50% excluding Forensic/Law and Dispencing which cuts 60% as pass mark.
Again, it is well
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Tycoon4(m): 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
#me@:

wait, sorry, are u from the North Central?

South West bro!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
#me@:

one is a subset of another: go figure that out!
pharmacology a department in pharmacy?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
Samgreguc:
pharmacology a department in pharmacy?
yea, dats how it is. Its jst diff in Uniport cos der was already a dept of Pharmacology in Health Sciences b4 d creation of d Pharmacy faculty
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: yea, dats how it is. Its jst diff in Uniport cos der was already a dept of Pharmacology in Health Sciences b4 d creation of d Pharmacy faculty
how abt now? Hw is the pharmacy in uniport?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
Samgreguc:
how abt now? Hw is the pharmacy in uniport?
Pharmacology is still separate, bt we get to do d course as a borrowed course
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by IamChiboi(m): 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2013
Hoyeenz: Tnx. You are serving now, right?
Yes l am, in Ekiti, a community pharmacy
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
adeola_drg:

Varies from school to school. But basically mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology are not to be toyed with.. Chem, phy and bio always have their practicals attached. Physic and Chemistry are four unit courses in my school. Someone in urs can help with that..

U can also check out the pcn website or follow this link http://pcn-ng.org/Benchmark%20and%20Minimum%20Academic%20Standard-Pharmaceutical%20Sciences.pdf or
http://pcn-ng.org/

Ull find useful info there..
I check the link and am happy I did.. Thanks for it.. But it seems the link isn't up to date because it last update was 30th oct., 2012 and just few schools were accredited then.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
IamChiboi: Yes l am, in Ekiti, a community pharmacy
hw much do pharm. Corpers receive?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
Swashi007: Ma oga @ d top,greetins 4rm far nd near,cnt wait to start pharmacy sch afta d strike,but i av 1 que: pharmacy nd pharmacology
wich is beta?

Pharmacy of course.. U'd offer pharmacology + chemistry + microbiology + Ceutics + Cognosy. U see, pharmacologists are in no way near pharmacists.. Plus anatomy, physiology and biochemistry in ur 200 level.. There's no need even comparing..

Ty_coon:

Yeah, I know the feeling..the catchy part is usually the 'Stand up for the Champions' song of the day! You will definitely get there, with hardwork, dedication and commitment. 77/124peeps, not a small thing wink! But we thank the Lord.

Internship is at the University College Hospital, IB!

Cheers

Amen!!! What will nw happen to the people that didn't get inducted with you guys..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Hoyeenz(f): 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
Wow! That's my state! Never been there tho. *coversfaz How is the place?

IamChiboi: Yes l am, in Ekiti, a community pharmacy
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Tycoon4(m): 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
adeola_drg:

Pharmacy of course.. U'd offer pharmacology + chemistry + microbiology + Ceutics + Cognosy. U see, pharmacologists are in no way near pharmacists.. Plus anatomy, physiology and biochemistry in ur 200 level.. There's no need even comparing..

Amen!!! What will nw happen to the people that didn't get inducted with you guys..

There will be supplementary induction scheduled for them at PCN office, Yaba.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Swashi007(m): 10:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
Tnx@ boss Adeola
a frnd of mine said wif d stiff competitn faced by pharmacy 4rm
doctors nd oda BMS,dat d best bet 4 dem is to open a pharmaceutical store afta grad. Pls hw tru is dis?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by somtea(m): 12:37am On Sep 30, 2013
KingMEXX: 300 lvl Bpharm student, UNN and also member Pans HoR. Most students see Pharm Chem as one tough dept although Pharm Tech are gradually taking over that title here in UNN. Lecturers are nice and you merit every single mark yu get. In my opinion, pharmacy is the sweetest course that requires much dedication and commitment. My fav dept so far has to be Cognosy grin

same as above
of the greatest PANsites!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Swashi007: Tnx@ boss Adeola
a frnd of mine said wif d stiff competitn faced by pharmacy 4rm
doctors nd oda BMS,dat d best bet 4 dem is to open a pharmaceutical store afta grad. Pls hw tru is dis?

I think it's the other way round. They are the ones facing stiff competition from pharmacy due to its evolving nature. I'd advise you to work in a community for a while to see if you find fulfilment from it, if not u'd be frustrated in no time. Customer issues, Staff issues are issues u shud plan for before opening ur own pharmacy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.