Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (254474 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by aieromon(m): 8:26am On Nov 16, 2013
otumfour: Guess Ghanaian pharmacists ain't allowed here undecided

Says who? You are welcome Charlie. I have a lot of Ghanian friends and they all finished from the same school of Pharmacy. I was told Ghana has only one school of Pharmacy and another one was soon to be accredited.

Can you please confirm this information?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by kennyzpharm: 8:33am On Nov 16, 2013
Dis is nyz thinking Deola. I rep the tuskers republic; pharmacy sch UNIUYO. Finished 2010, interned @ NOH, Lagos, served @ MPHC rumuokwurusi, PH. Let's join voices, hands, and forces together to move our noble profession higher. For our younger ones in sch, pls give pharmacy all Ʊ gat, its worth it. .......as men of honor, let's join hands!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Capableben(m): 8:37am On Nov 16, 2013
Db boy: Nice to see that we are this much, great pharmacist, as men of honour, we join hand. I finished from the only private university to have inducted pharmacist till date and that's Madonna university have my own pharmacy and I also have my own line of imported product with time I would love to manufacture locally in the nearest future.

what is pharmacy all about pls am an aspirant. bt dont knw whether to go for chemical engineerng

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Capableben(m): 8:43am On Nov 16, 2013
somtea:

Oga super lion. A hail oo,we sef go soon reach thr

are u an aspirant @ unn
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by agabaI23(m): 8:48am On Nov 16, 2013
Capableben:

what is pharmacy all about pls am an aspirant. bt dont knw whether to go for chemical engineerng
You are not even a pharmacist, not sure you will become one and yet you were attacking a pharmacist just because s/he is from Ghana. Permit me to shake my head! wink

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Capableben(m): 8:54am On Nov 16, 2013
Ranchhoddas: Greetings from a 400l px...UNN

oga me; am an aspirant.....
how is pharmacy in unn
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Homguy(m): 9:02am On Nov 16, 2013
Homguy: Am a pharmacist intern at OAUTHC,ile-ife and am trying to set up a community pharmacy or a drug store at ibadan. I know it would be stressful but fellow pharmacists is it feasible? Or what other businesses can i undertake with my pay at 129k/mnth. I really need the extra cash. Thanks brothers.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 16, 2013
agabaI23: What's with the strokes and colons? undecided
nairaland doesnt av d smiley.
I meant this anyway
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 16, 2013
otumfour: Guess Ghanaian pharmacists ain't allowed here undecided
if i reply u, u will faint.
But, read d title again, thanks undecided
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2013
Capableben:

gUess Ghanaian pharmacists dnt knw how to read clearly

READ THE TITLE BAR MAN
u mean he's a 'bar man'?
shocked ;d shocked cheesy shocked grin shocked cheesy
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 16, 2013
Capableben:

gUess Ghanaian pharmacists dnt knw how to read clearly

READ THE TITLE BAR MAN
u mean he's a 'bar man'?
shocked grin shocked cheesy shocked grin shocked cheesy
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by flexshop(m): 9:23am On Nov 16, 2013
I think the major problem of the profession in nigeria is the duplicity of our professional body. I mean why cant they just join PSN and PCN together so they can be more effective.I am also a Member of NMA and I know that the body is way stronger than both PCN n PSN. Just like lawyers have NBA and other professional bodies,I don't see the reason for our two bodies because it tends to make the profession weaker.
Again, welfare of pharmacists across the country is a neglected subject.#Food for thought
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2013
Capableben:

google bro.
Wen i was in ur shoes, i took a jotter and ma fone.
I google pharmacy and i jotted down m,y findings, guess wat, it was fun, just like an e class. I did this for about 2 months till i got tired.
I made use of facebk too, i askd ppl abt dia experiences and advice.
Infact d info i got den as a pre-post utme student, sum rxcy 200l dnt knw.
Same tin for chm engin, try dat outtttt.. Google is free.
Moreover, if u av no passion fr dx course, bne am, u go failllllll.
Wnder why brilliany peeps fail out? Mayb dey were forced to study it.
Bla bla bla, d ball is always in our courtsssss.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by tolurx(m): 10:02am On Nov 16, 2013
cooltony09: Tolu,TOlu,Tolu.........how many time I call you.......who told you I'm not the one leading...Fellow colleagues,sorry for coming late jare......hope I'm welcome?......I rep Ife pharmacy
Hoyeen,why u no tell me say thread like this dey
lol.
welcome.it's nice to have you here.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by tolurx(m): 10:21am On Nov 16, 2013
tonasibe: Pharmacy student,OAU.........the name is korede
whats up korede.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by agabaI23(m): 10:31am On Nov 16, 2013
#me@:

nairaland doesnt av d smiley.
I meant this anyway
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Finally you found it in NairaLand.

I gave you the expo anyway! Say thank you!!!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by agabaI23(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2013
#me@:

if i reply u, u will faint.
But, read d title again, thanks undecided
What's your beef with him/her?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by aieromon(m): 11:08am On Nov 16, 2013
flexshop: I think the major problem of the profession in nigeria is the duplicity of our professional body. I mean why cant they just join PSN and PCN together so they can be more effective.I am also a Member of NMA and I know that the body is way stronger than both PCN n PSN. Just like lawyers have NBA and other professional bodies,I don't see the reason for our two bodies because it tends to make the profession weaker.
Again, welfare of pharmacists across the country is a neglected subject.#Food for thought

PSN is an association of Pharmacist Professionals
PCN is the regulatory agency

It's the same way you have the NMA and MDCN. There is no duplicity of operational powers.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by flexshop(m): 11:56am On Nov 16, 2013
aieromon:

PSN is an association of Pharmacist Professionals
PCN is the regulatory agency

It's the same way you have the NMA and MDCN. There is no duplicity of operational powers.

Thanks

Yeah, you are right there. But I still think the should fuse the two bodies together. Remember that MDCN is medical and dental council of Nigeria, that's basically a two in one council but NMA is for doctors alone. Ok, letme put what I'm saying in context, just like NBA is both regulatory and an association. What I mean is that instead of having a separate regulatory body and association, we need to fuse both together so that their powers can be realistic. I mistakenly stumbled into the last PSN conference held at Enugu in 2012 cos I had business there and of a truth, it dawned on me that if resolutions taken at conferences would be far reaching, we really need to fuse the two bodies.because PCN is a rubberstamp body now and PSN is well a toothless bulldog(sorrytosay)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#just my opinion to pharmacy activists.I'm not practising by the way because I'm into a different line of business now from my professions
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
^^^^its actually the other way round. PSN = rubberstamp and PCN= toothless bulldog
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
agabaI23: What's your beef with him/her?
none! Wias d beef
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by flexshop(m): 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Bludeville: ^^^^its actually the other way round. PSN = rubberstamp and PCN= toothless bulldog

I'm actually right on that since its PCN that awards licences and does all those regulatory functions on pharmacies and PPMV's (ie premesis inspection et al). PSN is all noise if you remember the cynthia saga and if you are oppurtuned to attend their conferences.
The welfare of pharmacists across the country is in a constant state of decline. The two bodies are also always juxtaposing and confusing themselves. Why I used NMA initially as an example was because of the way the body acts with such free hand that at times you forget that MDCN exists.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Gerrard59(m): 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2013
Personally, i would say the industry should be the face of the profession. It's more demanding,rewarding,though with less job scurity when compared to the health sector.
Imagine working as a research pharmacist in J&J, Novartis to working for the National hospital.

Just wondering how the D.pharma works in such environment since its clinical in nature.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
Gerrard59: Personally, i would say the industry should be the face of the profession. It's more demanding,rewarding,though with less job scurity when compared to the health sector.
Imagine working as a research pharmacist in J&J, Novartis to working for the National hospital.

Just wondering how the D.pharma works in such environment since its clinical in nature.
are chemist allowed in the manufacturing industry?... And also How is the pay in the industry?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by kingblinks2020(m): 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
well am a student of delta state uni studing pharmacy, i live in lokoja... wat de use of dis thread
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
Sylverly: ..hlo emamomo..i jst gt admittd to study pharmacy In uniport..pls i would really need ur help..
Sylverly and Omolod I see you two.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Homguy(m): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
flexshop:
You ve got a point aptly illustrated by the parable, " A pig with two masters often starves". Aside, the PCN is not a totally pharmaceutical body as its heads have some times been other health professionals hence it does not represent the intrest of pharmacists in any way. Instead, PSN is almost always in a cold struggle with Pcn. There's an urgent need to merge these bodies and streamline their function. Long live pharmacy.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Gerrard59(m): 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
@Tommy, when yu mean chemist, is as an industrial chemist or ? As for pay it depends on the company and the kind of drugs they manufacture and for what ailment/disease. No be all drugs dey fetch better money.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by otumfour(m): 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
aieromon:

Says who? You are welcome Charlie. I have a lot of Ghanian friends and they all finished from the same school of Pharmacy. I was told Ghana has only one school of Pharmacy and another one was soon to be accredited.

Can you please confirm this information?

but having 1 kinda made it cool, added some sense of pride, but now there are 2 more....

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Hoyeenz(f): 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
I'm so sorry dear, forgive me because I forgot
cooltony09: Tolu,TOlu,Tolu.........how many time I call you.......who told you I'm not the one leading...Fellow colleagues,sorry for coming late jare......hope I'm welcome?......I rep Ife pharmacy
Hoyeen,why u no tell me say thread like this dey
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by otumfour(m): 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
agabaI23: You are not even a pharmacist, not sure you will become one and yet you were attacking a pharmacist just because s/he is from Ghana. Permit me to shake my head! wink

I took a look at his DP, saw his hairstyle, his fat nostrils, how dirty the wall behind him looks and realized he wasn't worth my reply.

he even posts a comment and then ''likes'' it with his alt accnt grin grin grin
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
otumfour:

I took a look at his DP, saw his hairstyle, his fat nostrils, how dirty the wall behind him looks and realized he wasn't worth my reply.

he even posts a comment and then ''likes'' it with his alt accnt grin grin grin

descriptive essay.
But come on , u goofed also.
U dint see d title or u jst tryn to be comical?
Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.