Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,284 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (254338 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 09, 2014
Samgreguc: Sisiafrika and KingMEXX, why must you too quarrel in public na?
Sisi dear I knw ur head dey boil bt, abeg calm down and KingMEXX, you knw she is a woman so pls, jst keep mute pls.

Picture or lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:09am On Sep 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

I dnt bliv?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 09, 2014
Samgreguc:
I dnt bliv?

Yes
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 8:55am On Sep 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

Igbotic flat head, hafa grin
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 09, 2014
sisiafrika: Igbotic flat head, hafa grin

Ofe Mmanu, tongue how far?

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

Eh! So people still do this juvenile crap - ''picture or...'' na wah o!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
Shori: Eh! So people still do this juvenile crap - ''picture or...'' na wah o!

Face front. angryangry
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by agabaI23(m): 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sylverly: It's jst like a father watching his home being burn to ashes without making a move,while another man is busy trying to quench the fire for him...It was america's ZMAPP, nw Japan's Favipiravir...while Nigeria is busy politicizing Ebola WEEP FOR MY COUNTRY, I WEEP FOR OUR MACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES.
Zmapp was not produced by the US and Japanese govt didnt produce vaccine. They were produced by private individuals/ companies like you!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Sylverly(m): 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
agabaI23: Zmapp was not produced by the US and Japanese govt didnt produce vaccine. They were produced by private individuals/ companies like you!
yes...individuals/Companies whose Government realised the importance of quality education..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by agabaI23(m): 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sylverly: yes...individuals/Companies whose Government realised the importance of quality education..
The education we have now in Nigeria is better than the education in Europe when penicillin was discovered after the second world war.
The education we have now is better than the one available when the Wright brothers built their aeroplane
The education you have now is better than what was available 1960s when most of the antibiotics we use now were discovered.

One thing is different, those people dare to take their destiny into their own hands and do things differently while you wait for Govt to spoon feed you.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Sylverly(m): 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
agabaI23:
The education we have now in Nigeria is better than the education in Europe when penicillin was discovered after the second world war.
The education we have now is better than the one available when the Wright brothers built their aeroplane
The education you have now is better than what was available 1960s when most of the antibiotics we use now were discovered.

One thing is different, those people dare to take their destiny into their own hands and do things differently while you wait for Govt to spoon feed you.
oo..really...nw i totally disagree with you...and pls do go through my post properly before you quote. An iron cn never become a spear if its end isn't well sharpend by a blacksmith.. I could even tell you that the educational system we had in the early 70's, 80's is better than the present..pls, i would really appreciate if you could expantiate what you meant by "don't wait for government to spoon-feed you" in ths discusn
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
agabaI23: Zmapp was not produced by the US and Japanese govt didnt produce vaccine. They were produced by private individuals/ companies like you!
and money played a great role.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Gerrard59(m): 8:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
^^^^

Exactly why i support Research and Development. At most 80% of our Pharma graduates go on to become community pharmacists or sales reps for companies, very few go into research or enterpreneurship. And when i mentioned that we should create the Nigerian Amgens,Astazenecas,Bayers.........someone was blowing hot air in the name of the education malaise we have in this country

agabaI23:

For the fact that the education we have now is "better" than then doesn't in anyway mean we should'nt and cannot upgrade the standards we have to that of South Africa at least...before we think of Malaysia,India or even go higher to Singapore,US,Japan,UK etc. Stop comparing yourself to poor and raggard countries or during the 60s. If the Wright brothers could use their "education" then to invent airplanes, why haven't used yours of now to create at LEAST a vaccine against Ebola talk more of a cure.
Don't compare yourself to Europe of the 60s, what is wrong if you compare to the Europe of today or even a country like South Korea who had a GDP per Capita of less than 400$ in 60s, and Nigeria had more than that.

An instance is the Nanyang Technological University that was founded in 1991, currently among the top 50 Universities......UI founded in 1948 is no where the top 10,000. Invest in R & D .

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Sylverly(m): 7:31am On Sep 13, 2014
Gerrard59: ^^^^

Exactly why i support Research and Development. At most 80% of our Pharma graduates go on to become community pharmacists or sales reps for companies, very few go into research or enterpreneurship. And when i mentioned that we should create the Nigerian Amgens,Astazenecas,Bayers.........someone was blowing hot air in the name of the education malaise we have in this country

For the fact that the education we have now is "better" than then doesn't in anyway mean we should'nt and cannot upgrade the standards we have to that of South Africa at least...before we think of Malaysia,India or even go higher to Singapore,US,Japan,UK etc. Stop comparing yourself to poor and raggard countries or during the 60s. If the Wright brothers could use their "education" then to invent airplanes, why haven't used yours of now to create at LEAST a vaccine against Ebola talk more of a cure.
Don't compare yourself to Europe of the 60s, what is wrong if you compare to the Europe of today or even a country like South Korea who had a GDP per Capita of less than 400$ in 60s, and Nigeria had more than that.

An instance is the Nanyang Technological University that was founded in 1991, currently among the top 50 Universities......UI founded in 1948 is no where the top 10,000. Invest in R & D .
may you be blessed. I could sense that he so much believes in Theoritical aspect of Education of which his verdict was totally wrong. If one x-rays our health sector in Nigeria, it is obvious that we are lacking the most important aspect of knowledge acquisition(Research/Experimentation/Practical). If one built one's roof with bamboo definately,all one can get is what bamboo could offer. Growth has to do with moving along with the dynamic environment. If in this contemporary age,i posses the skills and knowledge that were used to characterise the age of 60's, of what use is it,knowing fully well that it can't be effective in solving a modern age problem. Responce i get from most of our so called undergraduates is so demoralising, how could an undergraduate argue vehemently that all he/she cares for is to apply every available means(hook or crook) to acquire their certificate. Some even go extra mile to tell you that they are okay just to get the title(pharm., Dr.)..the system could rot for all they care.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Sylverly(m): 7:35am On Sep 13, 2014
Samgreguc:
and money played a great role.
..and the individuals fell from space.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sylverly: ..and the individuals fell from space.
may be grin
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by evanscheck(m): 12:57am On Sep 16, 2014
As men of honour we join hands.... thats our slogan, I am honoured to have shared an oath with u as a pharmacist. But it so burdens my heart on the future of our dear noble profession,FOR HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO PLAY THIS GAME OF MEDIOCRITY.
Pharmacist are the least improved profession in the health sector.when I talk of the health sectors am talking categorically abt the three main departments. How many pharms do we have going for masters, how many consultant pharms do we have in NIGERIA as a whole. Its a pity that we all face d lucreative part of the profession and leave the developmental part . We can still make a change... As u pride ur self as being the custodian of drugs, lets think of our own contribution and how to make the health sector feel our impact, The medical doctors pride themselves as the epitome of knowledge in the health sector, u complain of pride and exaggeration,yet we do nothing to show we are equally important. I beg of u,those still in the making and those in the profession, lets try as much as possible to add to the B.pharm or D.pharm we have got.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 11:12am On Sep 16, 2014
B. Pharm, B. Sc in pharmacy.
Av seen dat b4 and I think its correct.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
Dispensing class, phew! Reading of prescriptions isn't funny, why do the docs write that way?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by SirRomeo: 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
as men if honour.... pls is this thread still active. we started well but wat later happened? Mr Deola pls wake up
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2014
^^ You guys should meet my classmate grin

He's a bad guy, lord of pharmchem and pharmacology, jovial and handsome, light skinned with pink lips grin
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
It is another Pharmacy Day coming up soon.

The Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, Rivers State Branch has organised a Pharmacy Week with the theme of the week being ''Better Health Care Outcome Through Pharmaceutical Care''.

The week started with a church service on Sunday, 21st September 2014.
A sensitization walk with theme: ''Pharmacists Walk Against Ebola Virus Disease'' was held on Monday 22nd September 2014.
The opening ceremony and key note address is scheduled to hold today, Tuesday 23rd
September 2014 at the Main Banquet Hall, Hotel Presidential, Port Harcourt.

The highlight of the week will be on the 25th September with the theme of the day's event being : "Access to Pharmacists is Access to Health" at the Girls Secondary School, Abonnema.

A highlight of the week would be the 3rd induction/oath-taking ceremony of the University of Port Harcourt on Friday 26th September, 2014.

As men of honor, we join hands

How is the week going to be in your various schools and states.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
OmolodMilkman93: It is another Pharmacy Day coming up soon.

The Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, Rivers State Branch has organised a Pharmacy Week with the theme of the week being ''Better Health Care Outcome Through Pharmaceutical Care''.

A sensitization walk with theme: ''Pharmacists Walk Against Ebola Virus Disease'' was held on Monday 22nd September 2014.
The opening ceremony and key note address is scheduled to hold today, Tuesday 23rd

The highlight of the week will be on the 25th September with the theme of the day's event being : "Access to Pharmacists is Access to Health" at the Girls Secondary School, Abonnema.

A highlight of the week would be the 3rd induction/oath-taking ceremony of the University of Port Harcourt on Friday 26th September, 2014.

I don miss o. . . . . . .
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Uniben is having their PANS week at the moment. Is that true?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Marverick(m): 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
adeoladrg: Uniben is having their PANS week at the moment. Is that true?
yes o mr adeola ,our able PANS president wz able to bring eminent personalities including pharm.mrs bukky george to our annual pharmacy health week,I saw O.O.U and O.A.U reps at our akin deko auditorium,it seems dey came for the sir(pharm)ifeanyi atueyi national essay and debate competition.@adeola u can confirm if datz true, AS MEN OF HONOUR...............
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
Marverick: yes o mr adeola ,our able PANS president wz able to bring eminent personalities including pharm.mrs bukky george to our annual pharmacy health week,I saw O.O.U and O.A.U reps at our akin deko auditorium,it seems dey came for the sir(pharm)ifeanyi atueyi national essay and debate competition.@adeola u can confirm if datz true, AS MEN OF HONOUR...............

You see, it's so sad that I'm not in Benin right now.. I just got to school today and my PANS president said he's already in Benin. *sad*

Do enjoy and keep us posted.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Marverick(m): 5:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
OmolodMilkman93: It is another Pharmacy Day coming up soon.

its going well boss!,on the 22nd we went on a walk 4 peptic ulcer and malaria awareness campaign rally ,today(23rd) we had our opening ceremony at the akin deko auditorium and our ADMAP(antidrug misuse and abuse program) campus outreach near the school hostels, its going well,so far so good cool
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 9:27am On Sep 24, 2014
Marverick: yes o mr adeola ,our able PANS president wz able to bring eminent personalities including pharm.mrs bukky george to our annual pharmacy health week,I saw O.O.U and O.A.U reps at our akin deko auditorium,it seems dey came for the sir(pharm)ifeanyi atueyi national essay and debate competition.@adeola u can confirm if datz true, AS MEN OF HONOUR...............
Hw abt u guys Pharm. D? Is it still in progress?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Marverick(m): 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
Samgreguc:
Hw abt u guys Pharm. D? Is it still in progress?
yes boss,its confirmed uniben pharm.d is going nowhere,hw fa mr sam hw ur side?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by TYAonline: 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Greetings to the house.

TYA is loaded with a lot of learning courses, including - introduction to pharmacy, pharmacology collection and lots more
For your comprehensive video tutorials in all courses go to:

tel: 07035754077
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 7:52am On Sep 25, 2014
Marverick: yes boss,its confirmed uniben pharm.d is going nowhere,hw fa mr sam hw ur side?
Ok Doc.
My side dey kul o.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2014
Its the 3rd Oath-taking/Induction Ceremony of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Port-harcourt. 27 successful students were inducted. The keynote address was given by Prof. Azuka C. Opara of the University of Benin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.