Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (255596 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by PharmEnoch(m): 1:03am On Aug 03, 2017
Royle2014:
Mehn! Took some years! Finally done with pharmacy school...
CONGRATS BRO. Weldone sir!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Royle2014(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
PharmEnoch:
Thanks brother
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Royle2014(m): 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
Catalyst001:
congrat! Which school is that?
Delsu bro
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bapy(m): 7:38am On Aug 10, 2017
PharmEnoch:
congrats sir...I will need a favour from you about school of pharm when the time comes.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by IamLukas(m): 11:12pm On Aug 12, 2017
Good evening all.
Please any UniBen Pharm student here?
I need some clarifications...thanks in anticipation.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by PharmEnoch(m): 3:53am On Aug 14, 2017
Bapy:
congrats sir...I will need a favour from you about school of pharm when the time comes.
Ok Bro
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samsantos9: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
IamLukas:
Good evening all.
Please any UniBen Pharm student here?
I need some clarifications...thanks in anticipation.
Yes, there are.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by modash(m): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
Please do state government hospitals in lagos pay pharmacy corners??
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by IamLukas(m): 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
Samsantos9:

Yes, there are.
Oh,nice...please are you one?
I need to talk with one urgently.
Thanks.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samsantos9: 11:03am On Aug 17, 2017
IamLukas:
Oh,nice...please are you one?
I need to talk with one urgently.
Thanks.
Yes, I happen to be one. Are you an applicant?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by IamLukas(m): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2017
Samsantos9:

Yes, I happen to be one. Are you an applicant?
Yes!
Is there any way I can reach you?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samsantos9: 1:26am On Aug 18, 2017
IamLukas:
Yes!
Sure, you can drop your whatsapp number or send me a mail and I'll contact you.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samsantos9: 12:29am On Aug 19, 2017
IamLukas:
Yes!
. I'm sorry, it seems I can't access my email, can you drop your whatsapp number instead? I will inform you so you can remove it immediately I see it.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by IamLukas(m): 10:11am On Aug 19, 2017
Samsantos9:

. I'm sorry, it seems I can't access my email, can you drop your whatsapp number instead? I will inform you so you can remove it immediately I see it.
OK
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samsantos9: 11:10am On Aug 19, 2017
IamLukas:
OK
Gotten it.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kunlexic(m): 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
In 1955 a group of few people that comprise parents whose children have cystic fibrosis formed the cystic fibrosis foundation in the United States. They did this because the government was not paying much attention to this disease since it has been classified as an orphan disease and the pharmaceutical companies have classified any drug produced for such a disease as orphan drugs. Today about 30,000 Americans have this disease even as there have been improvement in research due to the passage of Orphan Drug Act (ODA) in 1983.

What is meant by an orphan drug and orphan disease?
Name some examples of orphan diseases and drugs.

http://www.medintern247.com/orphan-drug/
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samsantos9: 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
SPECIAL DOCTOR OF PHARMACY (PharmD) CONVERSION 2017/2018
Application Start Date: 31/08/2017 10:00:00
Application Closing Date: 15/10/2017 23:00:00

ADMISSION INTO SPECIALDOCTOR OF PHARMACY (PharmD) CONVERSION PROGRAMME OPENS 31ST AUGUST 2017
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Special PharmD Conversion Programme of the University of Benin.
The main aim of this programme is to develop pharmacy lecturers as well as hospital and community pharmacy preceptors without PharmD to be able to apply the patient-centred approach in the education of pharmacy students.
This is a time-bound programme that will be offered only twice and thereafter will no longer be available. It is being mounted with the active collaboration of the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) and Nigerian Association of Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Scientists in the Americas (NAPPSA).

More details are available in the advert attached below
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All applications should be done between 31st August 2017 and 15th October, 2017.

The procedure for application is as follows:

Visit www.uniben.edu Or uniben.waeup.org
Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process (not the cyber-cafe’s mail).
Click on SPECIAL DOCTOR OF PHARMACY (PharmD) CONVERSION 2017/2018
Click on Register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
Provide all necessary information. Note that * means compulsory fields.
An immediate mail will be sent to the provided e-mail address.
Open your mail to get your system generated ID and Password that you will use to login.
On uniben.waeup.org click on 'Login' (top right of the front page).

Enter your user name and the password from the mail to login.
To start the application process, please click on 'Edit application record' and provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
Upload a clear 1” x 1” COLOURED passport photograph with red background in JPEG format only.
Great care should also be taken to follow the specified formats on the UNIBEN website and portal.
NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the University of Benin.FAILURE TO UPLOAD THE SPECIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WILL LEAD TO DISQUAILIFICATION AND FAILURE/FORFEITURE OF ADMISSION

To pay for the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket” at the bottom of the page, then click on “Pay Via Remita” on the top left corner of the page, follow the instruction to pay the application fee of N 12,500:00; (The fee excludes Service Charges) with a valid ATM-Enabled Card from any Commercial Bank in Nigeria
Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application on-line.
You cannot edit your application after submission.
Print out the Application slip.

ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS
Admission into various programmes shall be through entrance examination has been extended to 12th October. 2016. The Screening test shall be computer-based. Please check from on the 9th October for detils of programmes with exams. PROGRAMMES FOR COMPUTER BASED SCREENING - BISD, BMAS-COMM, BCS, BIA, BBF, BPA AAD BSW.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by geunik(m): 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
Please UNIBEN pharmacy students. I want more info on the pharm d conversion program. Requirements, years, cost, etc
thanks in advance
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by kennedymonk(m): 8:54am On Sep 25, 2017
WORLD PHARMACISTS DAY.
Nigerian pharmacists shouldn't just celebrate

Cheers pharmacists I bet you are owning the day already ,its three six five days, since we celebrated pharmacists ,the climate has changed, the people are changing the tittle remains as mighty "pharm".
Pharmacists have fixed problems, those ones from the scary tales , the drug market is prove that their heart beats, their lungs are functional and their pupils are intact, pharmacists are alive, on a two four seven campaign against diseases indeed, their is life without a pharmacist, a sick life, a painful one, a dying one.

Like the Nintendo with its stages, so has been the fight, infectious diseases have been amazing thanks to the complexity of bacteria genetics,sometimes it is a blow to their faces, they go right back to start all over again other times they win but with their sleep time and lunch money sacrificed. chronic diseases have taken over their dreams they now see complex physiology with closed eyes . Like the story of our grand chemist kekule, pharmacists get crazy in their dreams, they dream of personalising your therapy, imagine going to the hospital and you are given a special care, a special pill a special fluid, because you are you and no one else can get that type of treatment because they they are them.
patients personality, a huge challenge , several islets of patients with what they hate or don't like, pharmacists have to figure out the problem of Mr A, he hates to swallow blue tablets or miss B she is not comfortable with the regimen, she wouldn't mind one tablet a week.
I watch Pharmacists run to business schools to study economics , they wish you spend less on those drugs, especially those ones you have to take every day ,the prices of drugs were so complex that understanding chemistry actually helps in dealing with issues of cost, " excuse me sir ,hello madam, can we give you this one, it cost much less and it does pretty much the same thing "have you heard this from an angels lips ,
It's been rewarding for those who took the oath with their own lips. The custodian of poisons the legal drug dealers the priests in the temple of drug therapy, the chemical clinicians ah, you can call them all that, it describes them
A little more than celebration is what Nigerian pharmacists need, they are facing the right direction but the earth circles the sun and comes back to meet them here in their in their branded coats with the branded cars and perhaps branded houses,
Believe me just last week in one of the towns or villages, a boy died of malaria he is twelve or less he didn't get the drugs we have in our world , it's sad, he could have become a pharmacist an engineer or an artist , he might have the solution to that plague that will threaten some persons or place in the future. , a girl teen and naive got pregnant she didn't get the information we have in our world. They may force her to get married, they may treat her badly, and she is only a child
Some where in this nation right now, young persons are initiated into this drug cult drinking and smoking hard toxins the very ones the pharmacists are placed incharge of , they are chained up for life, they may never see the sun the same way again, imagine the hopelessness these are the occupants of the green and red chambers, the ones who should wear white coats or the black regalia with the wig, they are same people who should dress smartly for combat now they are taken far away from our reach
Today is twenty fifth, the world knows what today is, for years now the trend in celebration has been quite the same, a lot of stories will fly around, speeches and promises of alliance and commitments will surface concurrently in the same voice as of years past,
They will speak of the cure for cancer been worked on in the US, the HIV research, a sport race amongst intellectuals in India, they will even speak of the chemical markets and the drug synthesis happening in Israel and the Arab nations and then diseases in Africa, they will say of Bilhazia and mosquitoes resisting their poisons, they will say we need help and call on to our friends abroad to come and do the work that pharmacists here are so scared of
In my opinion, we should be more scared of loosing those herbs in the southern swamps, the shrubs in the Savannah and the grains that stretch towards the Sudan, we should be scared of loosing young scholars, to the glittery of music and fashion and fame .what doom will cover us if no one can take up from pharmacists when their bones fail , knowledge dies with people in this country,materials for drugs are food and furniture the rest are manure.
As you celebrate today holding wine or salad may be you are at work compounding with porcelain motor or rationalizing your patients prescription, if you will give a seminar today, a talk or a lecture , even if you've lost hope in the profession and on verge of taking a new dimension, may be you are not a pharmacist but share my sentiments, take a moment to meditate

FROM RESEARCH TO HEALTH CARE, YOUR PHARMACIST IS AT YOUR SERVICE

3 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Catalyst001(m): 8:02am On Oct 08, 2017
This group just dey scanty.
Who will be @ synergy2017?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by danilmo: 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2017
adeoladrg:

You don't want to stretch this with me!

If a doctor makes a mistake, he can only kill a patient one at a time.

If a pharmacist makes a mistake with an oral or parenteral preparation, he can kill thousands at a time. Don't forget the 'mypikin' paracetamol syrup incidence that happened years ago. Although it's was a 'label' issue. Ethylene glycol was used as co-solvent instead of propylene glycol. Over 100 babies died, the rest is history. Do you want to tell me which is more sensitive?
vulcanizers can make mistake that do take life of a said BiG billionaire and his family in auto crash, so it means the vulcanizer is more important than the billionaire .

stay there and be deceiving urself with a weak analogy that holds no water.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Royle2014(m): 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
Pls... Can someone post open internship positions Or give a link someone can be checking
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Remlaugh: 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
glory be to God almighty who owns everything.i,m proud to be part of men of honour,as udusok admitted me to study this awesome course pharmacy,the nightmare of some people.greeting to the senior colleagues,here is ur boy that is starting the journey now.pls put me through on what to do and texts to read to be a successful pharmacist.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by geunik(m): 2:17am On Nov 23, 2017
Check my signature
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by somtoto(m): 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
am so happy that i have finally joined this big family

any word of.advice for the new member?

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:58am On Dec 01, 2017
somtoto:
am so happy that i have finally joined this big family

any word of.advice for the new member?

which school?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by somtoto(m): 7:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
Mirabel2032:
which school?
unizik
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Catalyst001(m): 11:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
danilmo:

vulcanizers can make mistake that do take life of a said BiG billionaire and his family in auto crash, so it means the vulcanizer is more important than the billionaire .

stay there and be deceiving urself with a weak analogy that holds no water.
who be dis? How come u enter the thread?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by intjgirl(f): 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
Please I would really like to speak with any pharmacy student in unilag from 200 level and above. I'm going to be 200 level very soon and I need to know more about the specifics of the course and the idi araba campus. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.