Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Did You Know That the Word 'disvirgin' Doesn't Exist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did You Know That the Word 'disvirgin' Doesn't Exist? (7498 Views)

Ladies,how Do You Feel About The Man That Disvirgin You,do You Like Or Hate Him? / I'm 27, She's 16: Should I Disvirgin Her? / Pls I Ll Like 2 Kno If A Girl Can Disvirgin Herself By Her Hand Or Finger Ok (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know That the Word 'disvirgin' Doesn't Exist? by Anuoluwap(m): 8:50am On Sep 26, 2013
Many often make use of that word everyday. I'm glad to tell you it's not a good english infact you are wrong you can't even find it in any dictionary. The right word is 'deflower'
Re: Did You Know That the Word 'disvirgin' Doesn't Exist? by Boll2010: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2013
Who got deflowered first Who was the girl deflowered was named after
Re: Did You Know That the Word 'disvirgin' Doesn't Exist? by eduson33(m): 9:16am On Sep 26, 2013
The prefix ''dis'' refers to a Latin prefix meaning 'apart,' 'asunder,' 'away,' 'utterly,' or having a privative, negative or reversing force. It is used freely as an English formative especially with these latter senses such as, disability, disaffirm, disbar, disbelief, discontent, dishearten and dislike to name but a few.
Re: Did You Know That the Word 'disvirgin' Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 26, 2013
It is only the NL virgin that can convince me on which word is right or wrong to describe one's lost virginity. If she has not said anything about this, then I beg to differ.
Re: Did You Know That the Word 'disvirgin' Doesn't Exist? by djeezy(m): 9:32am On Sep 26, 2013
Of course I knew it doesn't exist but we tend to use it often coz it expressly conveys the meaning faster than the word "deflower". Most persons do not know what deflower means but the moment you say "disvirgin" all eyes starts rolling.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That the Word 'disvirgin' Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
It's in no academic dictionary, but it's in Nairaland's dictionary, just like ETT, first to comment, Garrium, etc., so it exists.
Re: Did You Know That the Word 'disvirgin' Doesn't Exist? by Joefrank71(m): 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2021
It is now in the dictionary

(1) (Reply)

Man Reveals What His Barber Said To Him, After He Caught Him In Another Salon / What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years / Women Don't Care About Your Struggle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.