Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. (4883 Views)

How To Stop A Girl You Like, Talk To Her & Get Her Number In Minutes / How To Talk To A Girl...You Have Never Met..Both Online And Real Life / How to Talk to Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by validplanet: 8:49am On Sep 27, 2013
Maybe you have seen a girl for a while, and you have been dreaming of just going up and talking to her. Here's how to start talking to her and have it seem totally natural.

1. Make eye contact. Spend a few days catching her gaze every now and then. Don't just stare at her, though; instead, shoot her small glances until your eyes meet and she catches you. When she does, smile slightly and look away after a second. You'll probably blush as well, which is all the better - blushing indicates you're nervous, which is a hint that you like her.

2.Time it right. When you do talk to her, pick a time that's convenient. Don't try to get her attention when she's obviously involved in something else, and try to have a bit of privacy - you don't have to be completely alone, but her attention shouldn't be too distracted.

Make the interaction extra casual (and put a time limit on it) by talking to her while you're both walking somewhere else. If you walk to a class at the same time as her, or you start walking the same way home, this is a great opening.

3. Start with a compliment. Paying a girl the right compliment makes your intentions clear right away - she'll know instantly that you're interested in being more than her friend. Here are some things to consider:

Know how to deliver a compliment. Even the best compliment in the world will fall flat if your delivery is off. Keep a half smile as you talk - it will make you naturally add appealing inflection to your voice. (Try this trick out when you answer the phone sometime and see if you notice a difference.) Maintain eye contact with her, and keep the tones of your voice up, but lower the actual volume - speaking softly immediately communicates intimacy, and it can make her instinctively lean in closer to hear you. If this all sounds a bit difficult, practice it in front of a mirror first.
As anyone who's ever had a stalker can tell you, there's a fine but definite line between flattering and creepy. With this in mind, choose your compliment wisely. Saying something like "You always look amazing in that shirt" can come off as weird if you don't know her well, and implies that you watch her. (Even if you do, it's best not to spill that information immediately.) Instead, opt for something general but cute, such as "Your smile is glowing today. What's making you so happy?" or "I thought what you said in class earlier was really interesting." A good compliment should naturally lead to more conversation, instead of just hanging awkwardly in the air after you say it.
Know what to avoid. If you're going to pay a girl a compliment about her physical looks, stick to her eyes, smile or hair. Do not comment on her body otherwise, especially on the first interaction.
If you want to play it extra safe, pick something you already know she's proud of. For instance, if you know she's a dedicated violinist, say something like, "I've heard you're an amazing musician," and use it as a way to ask her some questions about it.

4. Keep the conversation moving. You might be tempted to stop talking and just stare at this girl, but don't let your nerves get the best of you. Allowing a long lull in the conversation will make things feel awkward.

5. Instead, have a mental list of backup questions you can use if you stumble on an uncomfortable pause.

Ask about what she thinks of a shared homework assignment or an upcoming event. Asking for her opinion communicates that you care about what she thinks, and see her as more than just an object.
Use the conversation to find out more about her, but be subtle. For instance, if you want to find out if she already has a boyfriend, you could casually ask, "So, anything fun planned with your boyfriend for the weekend?" If she doesn't have one and she's interested in you, she'll let you know immediately.
Ask open-ended questions. For instance, instead of saying "So, have anything fun planned for the break?" (which can be answered with a short "yes" or "no"wink, say "What are you going to do to keep busy while school is out?" A question that requires a detailed response is always better to keep a conversation flowing.

6. Make her laugh (optional). If you're sure you've got a joke she'll appreciate, give it a shot. The goal is to show her you have an engaging sense of humor, but you don't want to come off as desperate or cheesy.

http://www.wikihow.com/Talk-to-a-Girl-You-Like-for-the-First-Time
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by POSHVALIANT: 8:51am On Sep 27, 2013
ALL I WANT IS HER WAIST
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Mikocake(m): 9:09am On Sep 27, 2013
Nice write up but at the main time got my mind on that money niccur..
FOR THE MONEY
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by DEGREE2466(m): 9:16am On Sep 27, 2013
whats this getting woman topics all about

1 Like

Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by utenwuson: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2013
If you like quote mark Anthony.....if gat å guy she love well........you are wasting your time, ask yourself, person fit jst collect or snatch your babe with this tricks? Lol
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by validplanet: 9:30am On Sep 27, 2013
utenwuson: If you like quote mark Anthony.....if gat å guy she love well........you are wasting your time, ask yourself, person fit jst collect or snatch your babe with this tricks? Lol

"Use the conversation to find out more about her, but be subtle. For instance, if you want to find out if she already has a boyfriend, you could casually ask, "So, anything fun planned with your boyfriend for the weekend?" If she doesn't have one and she's interested in you, she'll let you know immediately".
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Chiidi(m): 9:35am On Sep 27, 2013
For your mind now, you be sharp guy.

Well, this post is for learners.... Clearly; i'm not one.

Bye.
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 27, 2013
long story.... just bring out ur wallet and start counting money make sure the money is huge, she will first ask you time, then you start from there..

2 Likes

Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by validplanet: 10:08am On Sep 27, 2013
991: long story.... just bring out ur wallet and start counting money make sure the money is huge, she will first ask you time, them you start from there..

lol. u think all girls are interested in ur money?
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Oildichotomy(m): 11:47am On Sep 27, 2013
Ladies are really not the same everywhere. We should rather stop this misconception that what could woo Lady A will woo Lady B.
Ladies are complicated beings. Trust me
If you act the '' Hollywood Script'' posted there on majority of Nigerian girls
Obviously, you're a Learner and on a serious Long thing ceteris paribus.
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Emaprince: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
validplanet: 3. Start with a compliment. Paying a girl the right compliment makes your intentions clear right away - she'll know instantly that you're interested in being more than her friend. Here are some things to consider:

Know how to deliver a compliment. Even the best compliment in the world will fall flat if your delivery is off. Keep a half smile as you talk - it will make you naturally add appealing inflection to your voice. (Try this trick out when you answer the phone sometime and see if you notice a difference.) Maintain eye contact with her, and keep the tones of your voice up, but lower the actual volume - speaking softly immediately communicates intimacy, and it can make her instinctively lean in closer to hear you. If this all sounds a bit difficult, practice it in front of a mirror first.
As anyone who's ever had a stalker can tell you, there's a fine but definite line between flattering and creepy. With this in mind, choose your compliment wisely. Saying something like "You always look amazing in that shirt" can come off as weird if you don't know her well, and implies that you watch her. (Even if you do, it's best not to spill that information immediately.) Instead, opt for something general but cute, such as "Your smile is glowing today. What's making you so happy?" or "I thought what you said in class earlier was really interesting." A good compliment should naturally lead to more conversation, instead of just hanging awkwardly in the air after you say it.
Know what to avoid. If you're going to pay a girl a compliment about her physical looks, stick to her eyes, smile or hair. Do not comment on her body otherwise, especially on the first interaction.
na compliment dey finish them.whether you are lieing or not.
I once talked to a girl I was desperate to meet.I painfully told her she was beautiful{cos she wasn't}.I even said I liked her cos I knew that's what she wanted to hear...the girl started disturbing me afterwards and I never picked her call or replied any of her msg...girls should start sensing dishonesty in men's compliments.especially men that are after s.ex
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Denlightened(m): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
Gr8 write up..........certainly going to apply them today..........
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
Ladies are really not the same everywhere. We should rather stop this misconception that what could woo Lady A will woo Lady B.

U make too much sense
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Mikocake(m): 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
Mam your waist is on point..Dayuuum!!!!
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by OmichaelO: 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
biko, y'all should stop quoting the long post..

It's annoying angry

BTW,who read am finish? grin
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
Like the other guy said,this OP's advice is for learners.When will sum guyz realize that they dnt need all this practical stuff to attract galz.Ehh?What is thr in being natural and treat any gal like u are treating ur junior sister at home.Y una dey overdo sumtin just to get galz?Fvck.Sum galz dnt deserve all these poo.
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by validplanet: 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
Emmadani: Like the other guy said,this OP's advice is for learners.When will sum guyz realize that they dnt need all this practical stuff to attract galz.Ehh?What is thr in being natural and treat any gal like u are treating ur junior sister at home.Y una dey overdo sumtin just to get galz?Fvck.Sum galz dnt deserve all these poo.

Lets say there's this girl that always walk pass ur house everyday to work, u admire her and want to get talking with her. but she's always in a hurry to work. hw do u start?
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
i dont need anyone to teach me how to talk to anyone. I be myself. I talk to her the way i like and i feel. Cos talking to her 4 the first time displays my atitude. If she lyk the way i spoke to here? She would defenatly lyk me buh if she doesnt, she would nt lyk me. Buh there is no i personally spoke to 4 the first time and did not like me.
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by MrMac10(m): 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
Smoke skunk and drink alomo mixed with Whiskey cream U will get all the dutch courage to even toast Beyonce when u see her for the first time full confidence no Fear or double mindedness
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Nomski0(f): 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
Thank you ma'am!
All those peeps saying money is all it takes to get every Nigerian girl......you all are on a long thing.
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
validplanet:

Lets say there's this girl that always walk pass ur house everyday to work, u admire her and want to get talking with her. but she's always in a hurry to work. hw do u start?
i cant chat with her if she's in a hurry,no mata how i admire her,am not that desperate,i give her some space.But if we'v been greeting each other,i would av to take it easy,bit by bit.Next time i see her passing in a hurry goin 4 mayb public transport at d bus-stop/junction,i would walk her up,pretending i want to buy sumtin at the junction too or i would intentionally want to buy sumtin at the junction just 2 walk her up to the junction.Na there d chatting go begin,the words will come naturally,i may start with just sumtin relating to her always being in a hurry to work...!U dnt expect me to start telling stories here on which words i would use with her.I dnt practise b4 talking to a gal,i take it how it kums naturally.This type of situations just takes sum time b4 i get her into ma hands completely.If i should spot her on her way back 4rm work,i continue d chatting,mayb she looks very tired,i bring out a topic or start a conversation 4rm that.If u like a gal,u dnt just walk to her the first day and talk to her about ur feelings 4 her,thats vry immature and stewpid.I dnt know hw to tell u,but i trust myself and i know how to make th ings work.Different pattern for different folks.
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by UyiIredia(m): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
POSH_VALIANT: ALL I WANT IS HER WAIST

*turns on Iyanya's tune 'Ur Waist'*

Your waist,
Your waist,
All I want is your waist . . .
Re: How To Talk To A Girl For The First Time. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
What if na woman wey u never see before? One chance offer and if lost, its gone.

How about that op?

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Waste Your Time If The Woman You’re dating Is Doing These Things / When A Guy Smacks You On Ur Bum? / Meet Queen Farcadi, The Ghanaian Prostitute That Makes N4 Million Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.