Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,664 members, 7,865,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:24 PM

When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] (4627 Views)

Pleas Am In Love With My Sister’s Husband, What Can I Do To Make Him Divorce Her / 10 Different Types Of Husband [VIDEO] / She Lied About Her Age, Should I Divorce Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Okijajuju1(m): 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nomski0: Divorce is a no-no. Marriage is till death do you part.

I will NEVER agree with this...

Trust me, Pray that neither you nor your sibling ends up in a bad marriage.. I'm talking about both males and females. You would end up going to pull them out yourself.

My Grandfather actually kidnapped his sister from her marital home. Her husband was tied up, a Pick -up truck was organized to clean out the house. They collected whatever they could and he took his sister away. My mum once told us about one time when he beat her (his wife) so badly and broke her arms in three places..

My dear... People make mistakes in life. Its a fundamental part of living. If you make a marital mistake, Divorce is an ever clear and present option of erasing it or making amends..

A Living divorcee is better than a dead spouse..

3 Likes

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by AZeD1(m): 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
The African woman has be brought up to believe marriage is the ultimate and staying married irrespective of circumstances is a must. Hence they will accept a cheating husband just to be a Mrs.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nomski0(f): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

Trust me, Pray that neither you nor your sibling ends up in a bad marriage.. I'm talking about both males and females. You would end up going to pull them out yourself.

My Grandfather actually kidnapped his sister from her marital home. Her husband was tied up, a Pick -up truck was organized to clean out the house. They collected whatever they could and he took his sister away. My mum once told us about one time when he beat her (his wife) so badly and broke her arms in three places..

My dear... People make mistakes in life. Its a fundamental part of living. If you make a marital mistake, Divorce is an ever clear and present option of erasing it or making amends..

I get what you're saying. That was obviously an extreme case. So its kinda allowed.
But the way marriage is insulted has everything to do with how easy it is obtaining a divorce. Divorces can happen, but the rate should be minimized, especially in africa.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2013
I wonder if a woman will still be respected when she's been beaten to partial deafness and brain death or is suffering herpes and HIV, all in the name of marriage. Hmmm.

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by AZeD1(m): 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nomski0:
I get what you're saying. That was obviously an extreme case. So its kinda allowed.
But the way marriage is insulted has everything to do with how easy it is obtaining a divorce. Divorces can happen,[b] but the rate should be minimized, [/b]especially in africa.
For divorce to be minimized, people have to realize that marriage is not for everybody and there are responsibilities which include not cheating.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
Divorce cases are on the rise(in Nigeria) because of the influence of the western culture.

Why would u get married with the mindset that 'if it doesnt work,fine,we get a divorce. People now test-run marriage.

The main reason of having a pre-nup is because u kow d marriage is for a short while.
Then why get married??
And why get married to someone u are not sure u can spend the rest of ur life with? The more reason why u shuld be extra-careful who u marry.
As for me,who ever believes in divorce cannot stay married,because when the heat is on,u get out instead of putting an effort to make it work. "if u are not ready for the heat,dont even get into the kitchen"

So whoeva is divorced shuld not blame it on his/her patner,cus u saw it coming and when u want to get married,marry some1 with the same mindset on marriage as u.
If u want "for better for worse,till death do us path",marry a person who wants d same.

I believe,"till death do us part"so am 100% sure of the man i end up with cool

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
I can't say I'm surprised by some of the response s. Divorce is still somewhat of a taboo in Naija. It's quite sad many if them will stay with a man who keeps beating or cheat on them.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2013
Joavid: Divorce cases are on the rise(in Nigeria) because of the influence of the western culture.

Why would u get married with the mindset that 'if it doesnt work,fine,we get a divorce. People now test-run marriage.

The main reason of having a pre-nup is because u kow d marriage is for a short while.
Then why get married??
And why get married to someone u are not sure u can spend the rest of ur life with? The more reason why u shuld be extra-careful who u marry.
As for me,who ever believes in divorce cannot stay married,because when the heat is on,u get out instead of putting an effort to make it work. "if u are not ready for the heat,dont even get into the kitchen"

So whoeva is divorced shuld not blame it on his/her patner,cus u saw it coming and when u want to get married,marry some1 with the same mindset on marriage as u.
If u want "for better for worse,till death do us path",marry a person who wants d same.

Nice post. I'll read it while you watch the video. cheesy
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
dayokanu: This video has been online for like several months now

Below is the original thread on Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1299794/when-nigerian-woman-divorce-husband

Thread Closed undecided
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nomski0: Divorce is a no-no. Marriage is till death do you part.
shocked shocked Ridiculously pathetic...

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
Abeg, if any of the partners is a serial cheater and/or a violent person; that's enough ground for a divorce.

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Abbey2sam(m): 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
homesteady: Please This is my own point of view!
I don't believe in divorce! Except if death is at stake! Or if both of them can't handle the trouble again!
Cheating can not make me divorce my wife! If she cheats on me! Fine! Whenever I want to cheat on her, I'll cheat!
if I'm a woman, I'll never allow my husband to beat me! Instead we'll fight! I'll call my brothers to stay with me in the house, so that when the fight starts they can help me!
Go get this film Damage featuring Uche Jumbo and kalu Ikeguwe! You'll see a real example of husband and wife fighting!

Divorce is not just the answer! Think about your children! Particularly if they are small!

How comes people write a lot of things that makes no sense this days.......................

Imagine what a learned person wrote above me, that film "damage" was not meant to encourage domestic violence dummy .......

It was meant to create awareness for the damage it can cause in a home and not the other way round stupid ....................

Back to the topic, if a woman will divorce her husband each time he cheat, then she will never raise her children in one man's house.

I don't have much to say
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by AZeD1(m): 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
Abbey2sam:

How comes people write a lot of things that makes no sense this days.......................

Imagine what a learned person wrote above me, that film "damage" was not meant to encourage domestic violence dummy .......

It was meant to create awareness for the damage it can cause in a home and not the other way round stupid ....................

Back to the topic, if a woman will divorce her husband each time he cheat, then she will never raise her children in one man's house.

I don't have much to say
Why will/should a married man cheat? Most men would not hesitate to throw out a cheating wife but expect the women to 'understand'?
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by MrsChima(f): 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
xynerise: The bible permits divorce but only on INFIDELITY ground. But african women will manage. undecided

Husband scarce o

undecided undecided
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by MrsChima(f): 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
Davo93: Divorce is not part of our culture until recent time of bastardization....

To delete post or deactivate your account, check my signature.

But cheating is
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by MrsChima(f): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
ogugua88: I wonder if a woman will still be respected when she's been beaten to partial deafness and brain death or is suffering herpes and HIV, all in the name of marriage. Hmmm.

Hmmmm.

But hey as an African...you are required to abide by the culture despite the bullshit. lipsrsealed
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by MrsChima(f): 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
A-ZeD:

Why will/should a married man cheat? Most men would not hesitate to throw out a cheating wife but expect the women to 'understand'?

Thank you.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by MrsChima(f): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
Joavid: Divorce cases are on the rise(in Nigeria) because of the influence of the western culture.

Then why get married??

Let me get this right....are you saying that Nigerians are so daft that they allow a continent to influence their life and destroy their "culture"?

Gotdamn.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by MrsChima(f): 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
A-ZeD:

For divorce to be minimized, people have to realize that marriage is not for everybody and there are responsibilities which include not cheating.

Damn skippy! kiss
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Hmmmm.

But hey as an African...you are required to abide by the culture despite the bullshit. lipsrsealed

That's when I remind them that I'm American lol.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
ogugua88:

That's when I remind them that I'm American lol.

Me too cool
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
2buff: At least now you know these are the sort of women who will stand by their men and family and consider "everything else" before making certain decisions unlike the other "me-me-self" cultures.
This is why I love my naija sistas tongue

A wise man once said, happiness is not only reducing the things in your life that make you sad. Sometimes, it's reducing the rate at which those things make you sad. There are a lot of things one can decouple themselves from and still live a happy life.

These women have a true sense of self. Contrary to the popular understanding of the word, this is true mature individualism.

Up naija babes! grin

This... I have no words...

2buff... do you really think like this?

A lady who stays with an abusive relationship, verbally or physically, or with a man who is a constant cheater and disrespecting her isn't considering "everything else". The same goes for a man staying with a woman with similar traits. A woman in such a relationship is not teaching her fellow sisters and children well.

3 Likes

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

A lady who stays with an abusive relationship, verbally or physically, or with a man who is a constant cheater and disrespecting her isn't considering "everything else". The same goes for a man staying with a woman with similar traits. A woman in such a relationship is not teaching her fellow sisters and children well.

I'm speaking for myself...and not these abusive men you seem to want to pin me among.
What is my own with wife-beaters and cheats? As far as I know, they have nothing to do with me.
I want my woman to not take divorce as lightly as is the norm these days.

Feel free to go off on whatever tangent you want.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
2buff:

I'm speaking for myself...and not these abusive men you seem to want to pin me among.
What is my own with wife-beaters and cheats? As far as I know, they have nothing to do with me.
I want my woman to not take divorce as lightly as is the norm these days.

Feel free to go off on whatever tangent you want.

So.. in other words you agree with me grin

Nobody should take divorce lightly.. but these days marriage is taken lightly.. which leads to the issue of divorce..

Marriage shouldn't be conveniently entered or left. Ive some school mates who are on their 2nd or 3rd marriage and less than 30. Sad world.

2 Likes

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by IgweOO(m): 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

Preach.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by MrsChima(f): 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

kiss
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by MrsChima(f): 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Nobody should take divorce lightly.. but these days marriage is taken lightly.. which leads to the issue of divorce..

Ive some school mates who are on their 2nd or 3rd marriage and less than 30. Sad world.

That above brought a tear to my iris. cry
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Let me get this right....are you saying that Nigerians are so daft that they allow a continent to influence their life and destroy their "culture"?

Gotdamn.
You're the one who's a daft. You're just a loosed mothed nitwit. So uncultured. I'm sure you greet your so called husband with abusive words. Razor tongue.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by MrsChima(f): 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
slimmy05: You're the one who's a daft. You're just a loosed mothed nitwit. So uncultured. I'm sure you greet your so called husband with abusive words. Razor tongue.

This nigga is still butthurt and dumb as hell.

You have to be dumb not to detect sarcasm.

Where are the smart Nigerians? lipsrsealed grin
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:27am On Sep 29, 2013
I'm sorry but after the first slap! I do not believe in putting up with an abusive spouse! If he can slap you, then trust me it never ends there! It always escalates!

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by LordReed(m): 5:20am On Sep 29, 2013
ThoniaSlim: I'm sorry but after the first slap! I do not believe in putting up with an abusive spouse! If he can slap you, then trust me it never ends there! It always escalates!

Long time no see. Welcome back to NL.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Kunbee: 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
The light-skinned woman is claiming single too, lmao.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Most Beautiful Good Looking Girls and Guys Dull ? / Can U Make A Blood Covenant With Ur Lover? / Why Masturbation Is Not A Sin - Temmytee007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.