Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash (49130 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2013
Feyi Agagu Survives Plane Crash - Update (1:30 pm)
03 Oct 2013
Views: 85,779

Font Size: a / A

Feyi Agagu Survives Plane Crash - Update (1:30 pm)

member of Obasanjo’s family confirmed dead

The son of the late former Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Agagu, Feyi, Thursday survived the Associated Airlines plane crash in Lagos.

Feyi was said to have sustained non-life threatening injuries in the crash that left 17 passengers on board dead.

He was however among the survivors that had been taken to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) for medical attention.

A member of Olusegun Obasanjo’s family whose name could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report was said to have died in the crash.

Details to follow

Lagos Plane Crash: Agagu’s Body Recovered, Rescue Operation Ended - Update (1:20 pm)

The body of the late former Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Agagu, has been recovered in the Associated Airlines plane that crashed in Lagos.

Thisday was also informed that rescue operation on the ill-dated plane has ended.

As at the time of filing this report, eye witness account said that Agagu’s body had been taken to the Airforce Base, Ikeja.

Details to follow

Lagos Plane Crash: 17 Dead, 5 Injured, Agagu's Son on Board - Update (12:30pm)

The corpse of the former Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Agagu, who died recently was on board the Associated Airlines plane that crashed in Lagos Thursday.

On board the ill-fated aircraft were also Agagu’s only son, Feyi, the Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Mr Deji Falae and a staff in the Protocol Department of the Governor’s office, Mr Layi Daji.

Also on board were Mr Tunji Okusanja Jr and his father, Tunji Okusanja. However, while Okusanja senior is said to have sustained injuries and unconscious, his son is believed to have been among those that died. The Okusanja family owns the MIC Caskets, a popular funeral undertakers in Lagos Island.

An employee of MIC Caskets, identified as Chijioke, was also among those that died in the crash.

As at the time of filing this report, Agagu’s corpse had been taken to the Nigerian Airforce base.

Details to follow

Lagos Plane Crash: 17 Dead, 5 Injured, Agagu's Son on Board - Update (11:50am)

The management of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Thursday confirmed that 22 passengers were on board the Associated Airlines plane that crashed in Lagos.

FAAN’s spokesman, Mr Yakubu Datti told THISDAY that 17 of the passengers were confirmed dead, while five passengers sustained injuries.

It was also gathered that the former Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Agagu’s only son, Seyi, was on board the crashed plane.

But it could not be confirmed as at the time of filing this report if Feyi was among the survivors of the plane crash.

Details to follow

Lagos Plane Crash: 10 Confirmed Dead, 5 Injured - Updates (11:30am)
Ten passengers have been confirmed dead in the Associated Airline plane that crashed in Lagos Thursday. Five passengers in the 20-seater plane were also said to have sustained injuries.
The bodies and the injured passengers were said to have been taken to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital.
The airline is expected to release the names of the passengers soon.
Details to follow..
Associated Airlines Plane Crashes at MMA2 (10:30am)
An aircraft belonging to Associated Airline has crashed at the domestic wing of the Murtala Muhammad Airport (MMA2) in Lagos.

The plane said to have been carrying 20 passengers to Akure from Lagos Thursday morning, crashed immediately after take off on the joint users fuel hydrant, which supplies aviation fuel to airline operators.

It has been difficult to ascertain the number of casualties, but eyewitnesses informed THISDAY that when the plane crashed it was engulfed in fire and that nobody may have survived the crash.

It also believed that most of the passengers on board were on their way to burial of the former Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Agagu.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/feyi-agagu-survives-plane-crash-update-1-30-pm-/160593/

Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by sammyrollo: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2013
deybholar: I know Akeem Akintunde personally. I can confirm authoritatively that all the survivors are now dead. They died at LASUTH.
Are u sure?
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by timpaker(m): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
W3xy1: so sad for the pilot

Hope the Pilot of the plane survived too?
And why is no one talking about him?
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by Godsun2013(m): 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
Caracta:

shocked shocked shocked

*faints*
please that news is not true..
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by Ndkings1(m): 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2013
Politics or no politics. . .That wunt change anytin. . .Black box or blak box . .That wunt undo the harm that has bn don.
All i can say is, rest in peace to the dead and quick recovery to the wounded!
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by Sanandreas10(m): 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
iamswizz: report na report..

I just finished eating bread 70 and beans 50

Iamswizz reporting live from iya gbogo canteen at egbeda area of lagos (minutely close to the scene of the crash)

Oh BOY
cheesy
cheesy
Your conscience is dead.......!

Why are u being stop like this in The public...?
Dont u learn,,what has that to do with serious Issues on Ground.....!

I pray for the repose of the dead soul....
..?
sad
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by IYANGBALI: 5:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
Anuoluwap: HOW TO PREPARE FOR JAMB, POST JAMB SUCCESSFULLY USING A MOBILE PHONE https://www.nairaland.com/1463893/how-pass-jamb-post-jamb-others
you must be crazyy to have used this thread to post your hungry adverts,olosi alakori tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by IYANGBALI: 5:56pm On Oct 03, 2013
eksammy: sorry please my people, who is Agagu?
he was the former president of iraq,he came to nigeria to visit his friends on NL

1 Like

Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by IYANGBALI: 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
Okija_juju:

Was Agagus corpse counted as dead or survivors?!!

you wan make the man die two times?haba,you wicked o,na survivor them take count am o
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by yunafa(f): 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2013
IYA NGBALI: he was the former president of iraq,he came to nigeria to visit his friends on NL
Respect d dead pls cos dats wot we owe them!!!!

1 Like

Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by eguityjustice(m): 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2013
Baba_Eleko: God's son? I thought Jesus was the son of God (God's son). Is he now a reporter?Especially for NAIRALAND NEWS?

Well good job Jesus.

But I'm wondering, Is God punishing some politician for their sins??
i hope ur not trying to insult jesus . if u dont know wht to comment, why not keep quiet to avoid attracting the wrath of God.

1 Like

Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by sheniqua: 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
berem: Right now,no one knows who survived or who died.17 people are dead while 5 survived. A press conference is about to hold. The plane which crashed was manufacturd in Brazil and the age of the plane is yet to be ascertained.

I also got information that Segun Agagu has only one son who was in the flight too. So sad!

Sister B how about his wife
Chai my fellow woman sorry o
Please don't tell me she is dead
I hope she wasn't on that flight
This is so sad
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by sheniqua: 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
Please somebody tell me what type of a governor agagu was
Was he good to the people?
Did he leave a mark?
Or was he hated
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by jude33084(m): 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
sad sad sad

angry angry angry

cry cry cry
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by joselekas(m): 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2013
It is still unimaginable for me to think that my pastor's husband (Mr. Tunji Okusanya of MIC) is involved in this accident. RIP bishop. #sobing profusely.
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by sheniqua: 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2013

On board the ill-fated aircraft were also Agagu’s only son, Feyi, the Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Mr Deji Falae and a staff in the Protocol Department of the Governor’s office, Mr Layi Daji.

Also on board were Mr Tunji Okusanja Jr and his father, Tunji Okusanja. However, while Okusanja senior is said to have sustained injuries and unconscious, his son is believed to have been among those that died. The Okusanja family owns the MIC Caskets, a popular funeral undertakers in Lagos Island.

An employee of MIC Caskets, identified as Chijioke, was also among those that died in the crash.

Chai
The son of the casket maker and an employee of the casket firm also perished
See how our brother Chijioke went to Lagos to go and make caskets and now ondo people have used him for rituals
Alu!
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by Tolustar(m): 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
Olusegun agagu na liverpool fan.-.We never walk alone smiley
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by Victosin09(f): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
We need facts please. Enough of contrasting reports.
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by efilefun(m): 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2013
Below are the names of those on-board the ill-fated plane;
Passengers
Feyi Agagu
Femi Akinsanya
Akintunde Joseph
Akeem Akintunde
Tunji Okusanya
Chijioke Duru
Kingsley Amaechi
Deji Afolabi
Mrs. E.O. Alabi
Daji Bernard
Deji Falae
Samson Hassan
Olatunji Okusanya

Crew members
Capt. Yakubu
Flight officer Oyinlola
Engr. Saroh Elaiye
Flight dispatcher Ibrahim
Mr. Felix Tatoye
Cabin attendant Owolabi
Cabin  attendant Samson.
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by owobokiri(m): 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2013
Okija_juju:

Was Agagus corpse counted as dead or survivors?!!

As The dead that survived . . You can imagine the look on the faces of the unfortunate group doing the counting when they got at the "safe casket"
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by howfar2: 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
I have not heard from the mumu in Aso Rock, over here Obama would have addressed us.
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by omah1(f): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2013
how far: I have not heard from the MUMU in Aso Rock, over here OBAMA would have addressed us.
why drag our president into this? Must U insult to prove a point?
U should be better mannered than this.
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by lirusehn(m): 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
I wuz waiting for his corpse untill dis ish happend. Buh u guyz needed 2 see d way doz setting his TENTS ran. I laff wiv pain. #presently at his wake keep. Rep#Ikale and #Iju-Odo

1 Like

Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by Itulah(m): 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
i just finished drinking 5 bottles of beer. i am itulah, reporting LIVE from Halimma joint.
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by kerzakov25: 9:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
al-qaeda:
MR GODSON, WE DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHO DIED AND WHO DIDNT. AFTERALL, THEY NEVER CARED ABOUT THOSE THAT DIED WHEN THEY WERE IN OFFICE. SO PLS, PHUCK THE UPDATES.
and d so many u killed thru ur senseless suicide bombs.

1 Like

Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by BEN30: 10:37pm On Oct 03, 2013
May d soul of d dead rest in peace and d survivor quick recovery. Amen.
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by homody(m): 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
Thankgodtt: Plz I'm lost. Which plane crash U mean Dana or a fresh crash
Biko.o

Na sabrina airline crash jare no be Dana
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by campbellben: 1:13am On Oct 04, 2013
are you a good musician or a business man or as well any worker and you need excess of money and you also want to become famous and wealthy here is your chance to become a member of the illuminati and become a star in your life. if really you are interested in becoming a full member of the illuminati don't hesitate to email us or call and we also want you to know that there is nobody that is to determine your future because your future is right in your hands so join us now and become a responsible human being okay, so email us now if interested in becoming rich and powerful email us now at : 666illuminatiworld@gmail.com
or call us +447031973533 or call an agent in Nigeria +2348074623298
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by teejayone40: 10:56am On Oct 04, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by Isodice: 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
campbellben: are you a good musician or a business man or as well any worker and you need excess of money and you also want to become famous and wealthy here is your chance to become a member of the illuminati and become a star in your life. if really you are interested in becoming a full member of the illuminati don't hesitate to email us or call and we also want you to know that there is nobody that is to determine your future because your future is right in your hands so join us now and become a responsible human being okay, so email us now if interested in becoming rich and powerful email us now at : 666illuminatiworld@gmail.com
or call us +447031973533 or call an agent in Nigeria +2348074623298
lmao...abeg go get a life bro
Re: Updates About The Lagos Plane Crash by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
^^^Lol. Desperation at its peak

By the way. I wonder why we don't get to hear about the pilot during crashes. We blame everyone else except the most likely person to have caused it. Is it not possible the pilot made a mistake or is inexperienced??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You Are Given The Oppurtunity To Travel Abroad Where Would You Go? / Is Oshodi The Most Popular Place In Lagos? / Anambra Student On Excursion Drowns In Ebonyi River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.