Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517902 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
stunningjudy:
Hehehehe
Will you be attending the youth rally in Benin.....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Gosh... I miss the early morning sermon by the theologian... Nice article bro sycan... Good day all, wishing you all a wonderful time...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
chukwudi44: how una de mai people.
We dey kampe... How are you sire...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
Gradually gradually... We will get there...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
Rich4god: Gosh... I miss the early morning sermon by the theologian... Nice article bro syncan... Good day all, wishing you all a wonderful time...

Thanks bro, I miss the theologian's sermons too
Re: A Thread For Catholics by stunningjudy(f): 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
Rich4god: Will you be attending the youth rally in Benin.....
Just hearing that now. I wont though
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:29am On Aug 09, 2014
Lord Jesus increase our faith... Morning friends...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:33am On Aug 09, 2014
I tell you solemnly, if your faith were the size of a mustard seed you could say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it would move; nothing would be impossible for you.’ Matt 17:20

Isn't it interesting when we measure our faith by how much we "believe" that the outcome of a particular event, project, encounter, action, etc, will be positive in line with our desires. A student feels he has faith when he believes his result will be successful, a spinster feels she has faith when she believes she will be married to a suitable man by the end of the month, a childless couple believe they will have a child before the end of the tenth month counting. We look at this as faith. Little wonder that we get discouraged, desperate and sometimes driven to complete despair.

I see faith as a totality of belief and dependence in the "omni-everything" which God has revealed that he is, yet willing at all times to abide by His decision. Faith express love for God when He says No, faith is patient with God when He says Wait, faith offer thanks to God when He says Yes, yet in all these, faith listens, trusts and obeys God.

Cares and concerns of life are sometimes too difficult to handle, each one of us with different problems, some could be shared...believe me, some can't be shared. However, heaven is filled with people like you and I who faced such problems. Heaven is filled with the childless, the jobless, the sick, the poor, the unmarried, the separated, the lonely, the persecuted etc, while on earth. They took their situations in stride, looking up to God, loving him, waiting patiently, thanking Him when he says yes to other needs, and now they rejoice in everlasting bliss; remembering not their earthly lack. Lets not despair dear ones, lets all today dear brethren, in all humility, look up to God and say “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief! Mk 9:24

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by chozkiel(m): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2014
i de church o

Re: A Thread For Catholics by chozkiel(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2014
pls forgive em lordt

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
Blessed be God.
Blessed be Mary most holy
Blessed be God in the life of his saints

Thanks brethern for your prayers, my "bacca bacca" grin score was more than enough for my course. I scored 220 while d cut-off is pegged @ 180.

Please continue to pray for me that my space/position in the up-coming admission list will not be stolen or gambled or sold out.

I greet you all. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
damerry: Blessed be God.

Thanks brethern for your prayers, my "bacca bacca" grin score was more than enough for my course. I scored 220 while d cut-off is pegged @ 180.

Please continue to pray for me that my space/position in the up-coming admission list will not be stolen or gambled or sold out.

I greet you all. smiley

Congratz, Damerry.

I can't wait to write on 16th.

I think people really got low mark in that Futminna p.utme considering the score I am seeing on Myschool.com and their thread on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
chozkiel: i de church o

Holy Trinity, Maitama.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 6:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

Congratz, Damerry.

Thanks brother. smiley

I can't wait to write on 16th.

The Lord is your strength.

First and foremost, The holy rosary is the weapon, be fervent in praying it both before and after your exam.

Also

Be sure of invoking saint Joseph of cupertino (patron saint of test takers) from today till your exam is over. The first prayer is for preparations, the second prayer should be said when you're on the Hot seat grin

acatholiclife..in/2006/09/prayer-to-st-joseph-of-cupertino-for.html

I think people really got low mark in that Futminna p.utme considering the score I am seeing on Myschool.com and their thread on Nairaland.

Bro na by Grace oh. It's a computer based exam with 30 minutes for 40 questions. The time is more of 20 minutes but they say it's actually 30 minutes. Maybe time flies when someone is on a hot seat, anyway with that allocated time some mistakes are bound to happen

Please can you provide the link to dat futminna forum on myschool.com? Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
damerry:

Thanks brother. smiley

You welcome.

The Lord is your strength.

First and foremost, The holy rosary is the weapon, be fervent in praying it both before and after your exam.

Also

Be sure of invoking saint Joseph of cupertino (patron saint of test takers) from today till your exam is over. The first prayer is for preparations, the second prayer should be said when you're on the Hot seat grin

acatholiclife..in/2006/09/prayer-to-st-joseph-of-cupertino-for.html

Amen. Thanks for the advice.

Bro na by Grace oh. It's a computer based exam with 30 minutes for 40 questions. The time is more of 20 minutes but they say it's actually 30 minutes. Maybe time flies when someone is on a hot seat, anyway with that allocated time some mistakes are bound to happen

LOL! I know the feeling. smiley

Please can you provide the link to dat futminna forum on myschool.com? Thanks.

http://myschool.com.ng/futminna/news/29737/futminna-releases-post-utme-results-2014-2015.html

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
My people my people!

How una dey..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
FrancisTony: http://myschool.com.ng/futminna/news/29737/futminna-releases-post-utme-results-2014-2015.html

Thanks.

As William shakespere declared in "As You Like it", i also here say to you

"let my fair eyes and gentle wishes go with you to your encounter"

Wishing you all of God, Mary and the whole company of saints and blessed spirits in heaven

Goodluck. smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
damerry:

Thanks.

As William shakespere declared in "As You Like it", i also here say to you

"let my fair eyes and gentle wishes go with you to your encounter"

Wishing you all of God, Mary and the whole company of saints and blessed spirits in heaven

Goodluck. smiley

Gratias tibi ago. cool

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: My people my people!

How una dey..
You wan form pope abi... Who be your people... Btw... How are you doing...? You have a great blog... Kipitup
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
Rich4god: You wan form pope abi... Who be your people... Btw... How are you doing...? You have a great blog... Kipitup
hehehe...you are my people na. Behold it is you that said it yourself that i am pope grin

i'm doing fine o.

Thanks for the compliment, even as i don't update it as i should
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:50am On Aug 10, 2014
Today's responsorial psalm, in which I see much beauty; when its put together thus:

"Let me hear what God the LORD will speak, for he will speak peace to his people, to his saints, to those who turn to him in their hearts. Surely his salvation is at hand for those who fear him, that glory may dwell in our land. Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet; righteousness and peace will kiss each other. Faithfulness will spring up from the ground, and righteousness will look down from the sky. Yea, the LORD will give what is good, and our land will yield its increase. Righteousness will go before him, and make his footsteps a way. Ps 85:9-14

Amen Amen, a prophecy to our land, to our nation, in this trying times. Let our hearts ring with joy, alleluia, at the hope for a better tomorrow; as we pray for our country....especially at Missa today.

Good morning brethren, a happy Sunday to all.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Agimor(m): 9:11am On Aug 10, 2014
Happy Sunday my fellow Catholics.hw ws mass today?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 10, 2014
practically, Ebola took over today's homily...

e kun turn lecture hall and our parish priest still
gonna be given more lectures next week as he
promised..

surprising of all, no more holy water stands,no
more shaking hands during sign of peace..
priest nd mass servers now using sanitizers in
the altar before nd after Holy Eucharist ...

how was d mass in your various parishes

glory to Jesus.... smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:45am On Aug 10, 2014
Kizmarty: practically, Ebola took over today's homily...

promised..

lol... Guess its... Faith without work....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:46am On Aug 10, 2014
Agimor: Happy Sunday my fellow Catholics.hw ws mass today?
happy sunday to you too...I never attend mass sha.. Till evening...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Agimor(m): 11:56am On Aug 10, 2014
Rich4god: happy sunday to you too...I never attend mass sha.. Till evening...
As long as you would attend no pro.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Kizmarty: practically, Ebola took over today's homily...

promised..

Lol.

Honour to Mary. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rufex07(m): 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 2:50pm On Aug 10, 2014

I greet you all. smiley

Congratulations! i know how happy you are as l did experienced it when l got admitted. What the Lord has given you, no man can take away.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
bluerange:

Congratulations! i know how happy you are as l did experienced it when l got admitted. What the Lord has given you, no man can take away.

Amen! smiley. A thousand thanks SISTER.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
smiley
is mary also included in the trinity? Why bless her name.. She is dead long ago and her bones awaiting rapture
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
ProphetUdeme: is mary also included in the trinity? Why bless her name.. She is dead long ago and her bones awaiting rapture

How does his post concern you in the very least? You just have to come here to look for trouble?

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.