Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519976 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: My mom is
i tot as much
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
Syncan:

sorry dear, take water. Na water me I drink too.
hahahahahahah syncan u funny pass Basketmouth o.. Tnkx anyway
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II:
than you for your sincerity . your comment strengthen my faith , I would not be able to bear the fact a portion of my brethren feel , and like you pointed it out , one does not need to be a priest to serve God, not all men are priests in fact few are priests , others are serving our lord in many different ways.
God Bless you
and your 12 children tongue
oh yeah! Oh yeah! My twelve children.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
woky: 12 children
*coughs*
*hand him a glass of water*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
woky: i tot as much
yup grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sal C: *hand him a glass of water*
grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: yup grin
so whr ar u now?? Cameroon or Nigeria??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
woky: she is my daughter.. Lol
Huh?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sal C: Huh?
yuh
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
woky: so whr ar u now?? Cameroon or Nigeria??
I'm actually abroad . But my main residence is in Cameroon tho I spend lot of time in Nigeria too wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sal C: Huh?
. Woky she doesn't want to be your daughter ooo Abeg speak well tongue you know na
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: . Woky she doesn't want to be your daughter ooo Abeg speak well tongue you know na
funny you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: I'm actually abroad . But my main residence is in Cameroon tho I spend lot of time in Nigeria too wink
ok
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
Una no go kill me with laugh oh! @mamma sal c, are u serious? 12? Abeg no make me fear. Afraid don dey catch me small small, make una no take me run abeg oh.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
Without checking the net and books, what is papal infallibility?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: Without checking the net and books, what is papal infallibility?

The pope cannot err when he speaks "ex cathedral" as the shepherd of the universal church, in matters of faith and moral.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
Syncan:

The pope cannot err when he speaks "ex cathedral" as the shepherd of the universal church, in matters of faith and moral.
does this mean the pope can make doctrines in the church? Does this mean he is infallible when he teaches without recourse to d deposit of faith? Besides you got it right. Where does scriptures and tradition teach papal infallibility?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: does this mean the pope can make doctrines in the church? Does this mean he is infallible when he teaches without recourse to d deposit of faith? Besides you got it right. Where does scriptures and tradition teach papal infallibility?

The pope can only throw new light into the meaning or understanding of, or affirm in stronger words, what the church has recieved via sacred tradition ( oral and written). The magisterium is there to aid him. Christs mandate to the church to preach to all nations, his specific order to Peter to feed the sheep, his promise to be with the church till the end of time, and that the gates of hell shall not prevail, all depicts infallibility. The fact that the apostles in acts 15 chose to say " it has pleased us and the holy spirit" means they understand it so. Also scripture calls the church " pillar and foundation of truth" When the pillar of truth declares, there is no room for error. God has made it so, He is omnipotent, He can do it. The various anthemas in the early church and condemnation of heresies showed that the early fathers understood it so.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: Una no go kill me with laugh oh! @mamma sal c, are u serious? 12? Abeg no make me fear. Afraid don dey catch me small small, make una no take me run abeg oh.
Abeg no fear 12 is not much.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sal C: Abeg no fear 12 is not much.
gaskiya is much o..
. Whr Italo??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
Syncan:

The pope can only throw new light into the meaning or understanding of, or affirm in stronger words, what the church has recieved via sacred tradition ( oral and written). The magisterium is there to aid him. Christs mandate to the church to preach to all nations, his specific order to Peter to feed the sheep, his promise to be with the church till the end of time, and that the gates of hell shall not prevail, all depicts infallibility. The fact that the apostles in acts 15 chose to say " it has pleased us and the holy spirit" means they understand it so. Also scripture calls the church " pillar and foundation of truth" When the pillar of truth declares, there is no room for error. God has made it so, He is omnipotent, He can do it. The various anthemas in the early church and condemnation of heresies showed that the early fathers understood it so.
Seconded.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
woky: gaskiya is much o..
. Whr Italo??
oh
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
For me papal infallibility is trusting the pope and respecting his decisions even if we do not agree . undecided it means that as the "leader" of the Church he can't lead his church on the wrong path. I think that's why the election of a new pope is exhausting and they check his morality and past actions
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
hope my future wife will b like you .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: hope my future wife will b like you .
Huh? What say ya?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sal C: Huh? What say ya?
I want a football team(11children) lipsrsealed hope she won't refuse grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
But pope honorius taught heresy, how do u reconcile that?
Syncan:

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
Please come again, e b like say i no hear you well...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hmm, quarter mark...
POPE II: For me papal infallibility is trusting the pope and respecting his decisions even if we do not agree . undecided it means that as the "leader" of the Church he can't lead his church on the wrong path. I think that's why the election of a new pope is exhausting and they check his morality and past actions
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: I want a football team(11children) lipsrsealed hope she won't refuse grin
make una take am easy na! Sofry. Gege
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: Hmm, quarter mark...
lipsrsealed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: I want a football team(11children) lipsrsealed hope she won't refuse grin
Hmm this your wish,

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.