Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,339 members, 7,836,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (520403 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by unongu(m): 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
Glory to JESUS!!! A very good day to you all. I am happy to be in the midst of the chosen ones (Catholics). I am a staunch Catholic and while going through the religion section of Nairaland, i came across this thread and, boy!, saying that i am happy to key into the thread is an understatement. Abeg make una recognize me. Glory to JESUS!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by unongu(m): 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
woky: Omniscient God, you told your people in proverbs 3:5 to trust in you with all their hearts and never to rely on their own understanding. You said that when we remember you and acknowledge you in all that we do, you wil direct our paths. You also assured us in Isaiah 30:21, that if we wander off the road to left or right, we will hear your voice say to us, "here is the road. Follow it". Show us now the right thing to do and right way to follow, in Jesus name, Amen.
Good mornin to you all.
Glory to JESUS!!! A very good day to you all. I am happy to be in the midst of the chosen ones (Catholics). I am a staunch Catholic and while going through the religion section of Nairaland, i came across this thread and, boy!, saying that i am happy to key into the thread is an understatement. Abeg make una recognize me. Glory to JESUS!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by unongu(m): 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
CERTAIN FACTS ABOUT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH:
1. The Catholic Church gave us the Gregorian calendar which we all use today.
2. The Catholic Church gave us the date for Easter.
3. The Catholic Church gave us the date for Christmas which means Christ-Mass.

The remains of all of the Apostles are in Catholic Churches, and so are all of the Gospel writers. Note! Some relics are divided between Catholic Churches:
St. Peter is in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome.
St. Paul is in St. Paul's Church in Rome.
St. Matthew is in the Cathedral of St. Matthew in Messina, Sicily.
St. James the Greater is in St. James Church in Compostela Spain.
St. James the Less (the Just) is in the Basilica of the Holy Apostles in Rome.
St. Bartholomew is in St. Bartholomew-in-the-island Church in Rome.
St. Andrew is in the Cathedral of Amalfi in Italy.
St. Philip is in the Church of the Dodici Apostoli in Rome, Basilica of the Holy Apostles.
St. Simon is in the Vatican, under the Altar of the Crucifixion.
St. Jude is in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome.
St. Thomas is in the Cathedral of Saint Thomas in Mylapore, India.
St. Matthias is in St. Matthews Abbey in Trier Germany, and in St. Mary Major Basilica in Rome.
St. John is in the ruins of the Basilica of St. John in Ephesus Turkey.

"You are built upon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets with Jesus Christ Himself as the Chief Corner Stone." Ephesians 2:20.
Even though he was not an Apostle, he did write the Gospel of Mark. St. Mark is in St. Mark's Church in Venice, Italy.
Even though he was not an Apostle, he did write the Gospel of Luke. St. Luke is in the Basilica of Santa Giustina in Padua, Italy.
The first Christian Martyr. Acts 7:60 St. Stephen is in Rome in the Basilica of St. Lawrence Outside the Walls.
The first person to arrive at the tomb of the Risen Christ. John 20:1 St. Mary Magdalene is in the Basilica of St. Maximin in Villalata, France.
He produced the first Bible containing both the Old and New Testaments, the Latin Vulgate. St. Jerome is in St. Mary Major Basilica in Rome.

We know from the many authentic Relics that the Catholic Church has a lot in its possession. Among them are:
1. The Relic of the True Cross on which Jesus Christ was crucified. John 19:17-18
2. The "INRI" inscription from the True Cross, called "Titulus Crucis". John 19-19
3. The Nails which held Jesus to the cross. John 20:25
4. The Lance Point of Saint Longinus which pierced the side of Jesus. John 19:34
5. The Crown of Thorns and the individual thorns from it. John 19:2
6. The Table used at the Last Supper is in St. John Lateran Basilica in Rome. Matthew 26:20
7. The Scala Santa, the steps which Jesus Christ ascended on His way to meet Pontius Pilate.
8. The Chains of Saint Peter, in the Church of St. Peter in Chains in Rome. And Many more...

We know from its sheer Size and Rapid Growth, with over 1,057,000,000* (one billion, fifty-seven million) members, or one in six of the entire population of the earth, as of February 2000. That is an increase of over 40,000,000 (forty million), since December 1997, more than half of the total membership of the largest single non-Catholic denomination. In 2001, the Catholic Church grew to over 1,070,540,000* members, plus another 216,000,000* Orthodox. Bar none, the Catholic Church is the fastest growing Christian Church in the world. All of the over 36,400 various Non-Catholic denominations, collectively added, total less than the Catholic membership. For those detractors of the Catholic Church who say that numbers are irrelevant, they are in effect, saying that Satan is winning souls and that GOD is losing souls. They are saying that more people are convinced by the lie from the father of lies, John 8:44, than they are convinced of the truth of GOD, John 14:6. They have forgotten, or maybe they never knew, that Satan can only do what GOD allows him to do. ---Victor Ajluni

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 1:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
unongu: Glory to JESUS!!! A very good day to you all. I am happy to be in the midst of the chosen ones (Catholics). I am a staunch Catholic and while going through the religion section of Nairaland, i came across this thread and, boy!, saying that i am happy to key into the thread is an understatement. Abeg make una recognize me. Glory to JESUS!!!
bros we see u!

U ar welcm bro..

Sal.c oya do ur work
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
unongu: CERTAIN FACTS ABOUT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH:

The remains of all of the Apostles are in Catholic Churches, and so are all of the Gospel writers. Note! Some relics are divided between Catholic Churches:
St. Philip is in the Church of the Dodici Apostoli in Rome, Basilica of the Holy Apostles.
St. Matthias is in St. Matthews Abbey in Trier Germany, and in St. Mary Major Basilica in Rome.

"You are built upon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets with Jesus Christ Himself as the Chief Corner Stone." Ephesians 2:20.
Even though he was not an Apostle, he did write the Gospel of Mark. St. Mark is in St. Mark's Church in Venice, Italy.
Even though he was not an Apostle, he did write the Gospel of Luke. St. Luke is in the Basilica of Santa Giustina in Padua, Italy.
The first Christian Martyr. Acts 7:60 St. Stephen is in Rome in the Basilica of St. Lawrence Outside the Walls.
The first person to arrive at the tomb of the Risen Christ. John 20:1 St. Mary Magdalene is in the Basilica of St. Maximin in Villalata, France.
He produced the first Bible containing both the Old and New Testaments, the Latin Vulgate. St. Jerome is in St. Mary Major Basilica in Rome.

We know from the many authentic Relics that the Catholic Church has a lot in its possession. Among them are:
1. The Relic of the True Cross on which Jesus Christ was crucified. John 19:17-18
2. The "INRI" inscription from the True Cross, called "Titulus Crucis". John 19-19
4. The Lance Point of Saint Longinus which pierced the side of Jesus. John 19:34
6. The Table used at the Last Supper is in St. John Lateran Basilica in Rome. Matthew 26:20
7. The Scala Santa, the steps which Jesus Christ ascended on His way to meet Pontius Pilate.
8. The Chains of Saint Peter, in the Church of St. Peter in Chains in Rome. And Many more...

We know from its sheer Size and Rapid Growth, with over 1,057,000,000* (one billion, fifty-seven million) members, or one in six of the entire population of the earth, as of February 2000. That is an increase of over 40,000,000 (forty million), since December 1997, more than half of the total membership of the largest single non-Catholic denomination. In 2001, the Catholic Church grew to over 1,070,540,000* members, plus another 216,000,000* Orthodox. Bar none, the Catholic Church is the fastest growing Christian Church in the world. All of the over 36,400 various Non-Catholic denominations, collectively added, total less than the Catholic membership. For those detractors of the Catholic Church who say that numbers are irrelevant, they are in effect, saying that Satan is winning souls and that GOD is losing souls. They are saying that more people are convinced by the lie from the father of lies, John 8:44, than they are convinced of the truth of GOD, John 14:6. They have forgotten, or maybe they never knew, that Satan can only do what GOD allows him to do. ---Victor Ajluni
WOW!
Cnt stop thanking God that am a Catholic!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
Richieboyn:

emm, I observed correctly that ur d1 in charge of welcoming new comers grin so I tot datz ur own quota wink
Lol na Woky cause am, but it's everybody's responsibility to welcome new comers. Now you too can welcome any other person after you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
unongu: Glory to JESUS!!! A very good day to you all. I am happy to be in the midst of the chosen ones (Catholics). I am a staunch Catholic and while going through the religion section of Nairaland, i came across this thread and, boy!, saying that i am happy to key into the thread is an understatement. Abeg make una recognize me. Glory to JESUS!!!
You are already recognised and wholeheartedly welcome dear brother. This home is and always be your home so relax for you've taken a step in the right direction. As you stop by often, may the blessings of God never depart from you.

Together, the brethren in this home say to you" YOU ARE HIGHLY WELCOME"
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
Honour To MARY!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sal C: Lol na Woky cause am, but it's everybody's responsibility to welcome new comers. Now you too can welcome any other person after you.
wetin i cause
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sal C: You are already recognised and wholeheartedly welcome dear brother. This home is and always be your home so relax for you've taken a step in the right direction. As you stop by often, may the blessings of God never depart from you.

Together, the brethren in this home say to you" YOU ARE HIGHLY WELCOME"
well done!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2013

Waow learnt a lot here. Thanks brother.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
woky: wetin i cause
You made me look like the secretary.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sal C: You made me look like the secretary.
lolz.. Dnt mind Richieboyn
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
woky: lolz.. Dnt mind Richieboyn
Ok sire!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
honor to Mary , welcome brother
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
PROUDLY Catholic jor . Thank you ,very nice facts

Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
Richieboyn: Una welldone O. I kw av misd stuff here and i can't even start from d beginning jare. Sal directed me here. I think m happy to be here as a new student to interact and learn new things from my oga dem. emmm..... am I welcome in your midst?
you are more than welcome
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 11:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
POPE II: you are more than welcome

tnx
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 1:11am On Nov 19, 2013
Honour to Mary

with a heart full of Joy i welcome these humble patricians

Unogogu,
Pope ii
And Richieboyn

Feel @ home gentlemen

Here is a place to learn and interact with bretherns of d same substance (Faith),

A place to browse through pages with calm minds fully aware that it is devoid of heretic activities

A place where fellowship and brotherly love abounds

Your presence and contributions here helps and strengthen our faith. welcome home!

Longlive the Mother church

God bless us all. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2013
Good mornin brethren..
Hw una nyt??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:02am On Nov 19, 2013
woky: Good mornin brethren..
Hw una nyt??
Good morning bro, how are you doing?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2013
Welcome to you unongu, a nice collection you've got up there...yeah very nice indeed. Hello guys, glory to Jesus.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2013
Syncan: Welcome to you unongu, a nice collection you've got up there...yeah very nice indeed. Hello guys, glory to Jesus.
honor to Mary. Good morning
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:12am On Nov 19, 2013
woky: Good mornin brethren..
Hw una nyt??
Good morning bro. My night was good.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:14am On Nov 19, 2013
Syncan: Welcome to you unongu, a nice collection you've got up there...yeah very nice indeed. Hello guys, glory to Jesus.
Honour to Mary.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:16am On Nov 19, 2013
Who is coming up with the next question?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
Woky I'm sorry but I don't remember the password of the email I used to create this account, so message me on chicodefao@gmail.com. thank u
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
Good Afternoon My Big Ppl. I Hail oo.
RANDOM CONSIDERATIONS (What people
say we are)
That all Catholics are
worshipping idols
We are not true Christians as
we preach false doctrines

MY REPLY:
These things stated above can only imply
one thing: that the Church is hell bound..
Hmm, what a way of chasing people away
from the light.
I ask them:
Does it mean Christ lied when
he made us promise of
infallibility and presence?
Does it mean that Christ has
been blind to many Catholics
falling into hell?
Notwithstanding the cost he
paid to redeem them?
Does it mean that it is better to
CHOOSE YOUR CHURCH rather
than OBEY AND TRUST Christ’s
word? (Whosoever listens to
you, listens to me)
Or has Christ become weak
that he can no longer protect
HIS BRIDE?
Am still waiting for their answers up till dis very moment.

Before i Forget My parish priest nearly burst our belle with laughter During Mrn Mass today.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: Good morning bro, how are you doing?
am doin great! U?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: Woky I'm sorry but I don't remember the password of the email I used to create this account, so message me on chicodefao@gmail.com. thank u
ok bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mr. Aladin:
Good Afternoon My Big Ppl. I Hail oo.
RANDOM CONSIDERATIONS (What people
say we are)
That all Catholics are
worshipping idols
We are not true Christians as
we preach false doctrines

MY REPLY:
These things stated above can only imply
one thing: that the Church is hell bound..
Hmm, what a way of chasing people away
from the light.
I ask them:
Does it mean Christ lied when
he made us promise of
infallibility and presence?
Does it mean that Christ has
been blind to many Catholics
falling into hell?
Notwithstanding the cost he
paid to redeem them?
Does it mean that it is better to
CHOOSE YOUR CHURCH rather
than OBEY AND TRUST Christ’s
word? (Whosoever listens to
you, listens to me)
Or has Christ become weak
that he can no longer protect
HIS BRIDE?
Am still waiting for their answers up till dis very moment.

Before i Forget My parish priest nearly burst our belle with laughter During Mrn Mass today.
lolzz

mr. Aladin wetin una prist talk?? Share am wit us.. Me too wan laff
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
woky: lolzz

mr. Aladin wetin una prist talk?? Share am wit us.. Me too wan laff
me too oooo ,oyaaa come ooo people are waiting cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.