Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517777 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: But pope honorius taught heresy, how do u reconcile that?
Syncan please come and finish what you started.

But oga Uben: if you are a lecturer, your students will surely work hard to pass,
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sal C: Syncan please come and finish what you started.

But oga Uben: if you are a lecturer, your students will surely work hard to pass,
if u meet an informed protestant these questions will pop up, only it wont be charitable.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: Please come again, e b like say i no hear you well...
Me think you heard me, 12 is not much.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: if u meet an informed protestant these questions will pop up, only it wont be charitable.
Am really interested in knowing how this question will be answered.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
Me too
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Need your prayers brethren... My dad is sick and I dont even know what is really wrong with him.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
Rich4god: Need your prayers brethren... My dad is sick and I dont even know what is really wrong with him.
May God who heal both known and unknown sicknesses heal him completely.
I will keep praying for him. Be strong.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 1:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: But pope honorius taught heresy, how do u reconcile that?

Pope honorius did not "teach" heresy. He merely failed to condemn one, hence did not stop, even encouraged, its spreading by his silence. Moreso, he never claimed his stand on the matter was binding on all catholics, which is a pre-requsite for infallibility as I earlier stated.
He neither made his opinion binding on all, nor condemned the other opinion. Infallibility claim cannot be invoked here.

This is to the best of my knowledge.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
Rich4god: Need your prayers brethren... My dad is sick and I dont even know what is really wrong with him.

May the health of the sick intercede for him at this time. Be calm and know that HE is God.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sal C: Syncan please come and finish what you started.

Sorry Sal C, I could not come back till now. However, I no start anything ma'am, all those involved in the matter get "us" as suffix for their names, honorius, sergius, theodorus...if you check our names, you go see who im own end for "us", na that person you go hold o.

no be for my mouth you wan hear am.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
there is no sickness that God cant cure.

Your dad wil be healed in Jesus name, Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abeg make una help me confirm e b like say sal c say 12 no too much. Abeg i read am well?
Sal C: Me think you heard me, 12 is not much.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

Sorry Sal C, I could not come back till now. However, I no start anything ma'am, all those involved in the matter get "us" as suffix for their names, honorius, sergius, theodorus...if you check our names, you go see who im own end for "us", na that person you go hold o.

OK seems i know him.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

Pope honorius did not "teach" heresy. He merely failed to condemn one, hence did not stop, even encouraged, its spreading by his silence. Moreso, he never claimed his stand on the matter was binding on all catholics, which is a pre-requsite for infallibility as I earlier stated.
He neither made his opinion binding on all, nor condemned the other opinion. Infallibility claim cannot be invoked here.

good job, weldn, 1st it is hard to prove pope honorius taught heresy. 2nd a pope posses infallibility only when he teach in his office as universal teacher, and when he publicly pronunces a binding doctrine for the entire church. Honorius wasn't excerising infallibility so his case can't be used to disprove papal infallibility.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: Abeg make una help me confirm e b like say sal c say 12 no too much. Abeg i read am well?
YES YES you read am well.

disclaimer
*Don‘t try this at home*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

eh eh! So na my name end with us abi? So na me cause am? Syncan i don begin vex.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

That means he was merely indifferent to the heresies of his time not that he taught them.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: good job, weldn, 1st it is hard to prove pope honorius taught heresy. 2nd a pope posses infallibility only when he teach in his office as universal teacher, and when he publicly pronunces a binding doctrine for the entire church. Honorius wasn't excerising infallibility so his case can't be used to disprove papal infallibility.
So in other words he was condemned for not speaking out against heresies?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sal C: So in other words he was condemned for not speaking out against heresies?
dis question is so complex that i cant even answer yes or no to it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: eh eh! So na my name end with us abi? So na me cause am? Syncan i don begin vex.

I am sorry for me o abeg. Who said that your name end with us, Sal C is it you? Pls no vex, no be your type of "us". grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sal C: That means he was merely indifferent to the heresies of his time not that he taught them.

He wasn't exactly indifferent, he spoke. But as one who is a custodian of the deposit of faith, he ought to have been more direct and clear on his stand and guide the flock on the way to go. His hesitation, followed by his agreement with those who sympathize with the heretics, suggests that he was at least inclined towards not condemning them...and this is against the belief handed down to him.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

I am sorry for me o abeg. Who said that your name end with us, Sal C is it you? Pls no vex, no be your type of "us". grin
Sal C never said said so.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: dis question is so complex that i cant even answer yes or no to it.
Ok it seems Syncan has thrown more light to that effect.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

He wasn't exactly indifferent, he spoke. But as one who is a custodian of the deposit of faith, he ought to have been more direct and clear on his stand and guide the flock on the way to go. His hesitation, followed by his agreement with those who sympathize with the heretics, suggests that he was at least inclined towards not condemning them...and this is against the belief handed down to him.
Pardon my curiousity but is it possible for a pope to keep mute over raging issues during his papacy and not held accountable for them?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

syncan. Syncan syncan. How many times did i call you? U were playing fella with me abi? Who kill dele giwa na baba who come put gida na him know. Who cause d trouble na 'us' who come put ubenedict na him know abi.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
Let me take a little diversion. What is d right way to deal with the guy called enigma. D guy don tire me small. E prefer to call me liar than discuss with me. Weytin una think?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sal C: Pardon my curiousity but is it possible for a pope to keep mute over raging issues during his papacy and not held accountable for them?
he wasn't mute, he took a middle road. Instead of declaring with authority, he said be careful about both phrase. Who knows maybe posterity will say d same for poses like john 23.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
Now a more interesting question. Wen was d catholic canon set?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sal C: Pardon my curiousity but is it possible for a pope to keep mute over raging issues during his papacy and not held accountable for them?

Do understand that I am not giving you an answer with respect to Infallibility, since that will entail some other things coming into consideration. The Command of "feed my Sheep" carries a moral burden. A burden, that the good shepherd does not hesitate long in guiding the sheep on the right path. He has a mandate to show the way, remember what Christ said "I lost none of those you gave me.." John 18:9. That is Christ "submitting his report card", same will be demanded of each shepherd, so the more you delay, the more you lose. However, Will Power to follow Divine illumination is not always instantaneous due to human frailties, you can see that from Peter on the issue of circumcision in the Acts. Also careful and prayerful study is made and reaction time depends also on the complexities involved. If it is very clear what he is to do; and he does not do it, then comes the condemnation which could only come from a later authentic magisterium,(Not like Hypollitus)...another "us".... Outside this, God will be the Judge.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: Let me take a little diversion. What is d right way to deal with the guy called enigma. D guy don tire me small. E prefer to call me liar than discuss with me. Weytin una think?

Dearest, the boy is just incorrigible, He quotes from a biased historian who is out to paint the church black no matter what. His manner of speech is appalling and he cares not about christian charity in his speech. I simply ignore him as he copies and pastes along. The only Input he makes in his posts seem to be the insulting contents. His posts are filled with twisted half truths, while he keeps shouting obscenities against Catholics. How do you deal with someone who has so much "info", and still remains an Anglican...with its infamous origin. It simply tells you the person is not honest, so Ignore. Or if you care, refute without caring about his comments.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: syncan. Syncan syncan. How many times did i call you? U were playing fella with me abi? Who kill dele giwa na baba who come put gida na him know. Who cause d trouble na 'us' who come put ubenedict na him know abi.

Na only three times you call me o, ohoo, you see, na fela talk am sef.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

Na only three times you call me o, ohoo, you see, na fela talk am sef.
lol, u no serious oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.