Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (520378 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
POPE II: how are my people doing?

Doing great!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
Personally, I think individual Catholics are generally too quiet in public. We hardly speak out about anything in public. And it manifests in diverse ways.

Many Catholics are shy to even make the sign of the cross in public.

They cant pray in public.

Many cant defend their faith in public.

They cant even talk about it.

I personally am confrontational on issues like this but I respect our brothers and sisters who arent like that by nature.

Sometimes, you are confrontational only to later find that silence would have been the wisest option. Other times, you are convinced that you did the wise thing by speaking out.

That's why I always say that there's time for everything.

Just look at Jesus.

At times he was silent. At times he spoke little. A few times he went on a tirade...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
POPE II: I don't want to be confrontational, but I do not agree with you , I mean I like your spirit and mindset but we must be able to defend our faith and interests .God himself asked us to do so
Ah Ah I actually understand you, but like I said, we don't necessarily need a Catholic mod in order to uphold our faith.
If anyone in authority ignores doing the right thing because he's biased, then let it be between him and God, this is a matter of someone's spirituality, not a joke.
So please let it slide for now I beg of you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sal C: Ah Ah I actually understand you, but like I said, we don't necessarily need a Catholic mod in order to uphold our faith.
If anyone in authority ignores doing the right thing because he's biased, then let it be between him and God, this is a matter of someone's spirituality, not a joke.
You never sleep... Make una introduce me into the secret night vigil wey una dey do. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Rich4god:
You never sleep... Make una introduce me into the secret night vigil wey una dey do. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lolz... You are already part of it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 1:33am On Nov 22, 2013
Sal C: Lolz... You are already part of it.
grin grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 1:34am On Nov 22, 2013
Sal C: Ah Ah I actually understand you, but like I said, we don't necessarily need a Catholic mod in order to uphold our faith.
wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 1:47am On Nov 22, 2013
italo: Personally, I think individual Catholics are generally too quiet in public. We hardly speak out about anything in public. And it manifests in diverse ways.

Many Catholics are shy to even make the sign of the cross in public.

They cant pray in public.

Many cant defend their faith in public.

They cant even talk about it.

I personally am confrontational on issues like this but I respect our brothers and sisters who arent like that by nature.

Sometimes, you are confrontational only to later find that silence would have been the wisest option. Other times, you are convinced that you did the wise thing by speaking out.

That's why I always say that there's time for everything.

Just look at Jesus.

At times he was silent. At times he spoke little. A few times he went on a tirade...

However that's not a good situation Jesus called a spade a spade , and he never sacrificed his belief for anything talk less about to please the people surrounding him .
As for what you said at the beginning ,you are 100% right , we find ourselves in this situation because we already feel like we are powerful and self sufficient , we neglect the growth of our religion, we sacrifice ourselves and belief to please heretics , we are always at the receiving end yet we still maintain the political correct. We refuse positions where decisions are taken this is why people feel they can crush us and talk anyhow about our faith. Is it because we are not violent? We should all agree on something : wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 5:09am On Nov 22, 2013
Where is Woky?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 5:59am On Nov 22, 2013
POPE II: Where is Woky?
am here o

good mornin every1, hop u guys nyt was awesome
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:01am On Nov 22, 2013
Rich4god:
brother, how ur dad?? Hope his getting better
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:02am On Nov 22, 2013
Italo i see u grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 6:31am On Nov 22, 2013
POPE II:
However that's not a good situation Jesus called a spade a spade , and he never sacrificed his belief for anything talk less about to please the people surrounding him .
I was trying to say Jesus used different approaches on different occasions. The were times he was silent. There were times he spoke little and gently. A few times he launched a verbal attack. On at least one occasion he even got physical (at the temple).

I think discretion is important. We must always try to keep the right balance. Too much of anything is bad.
POPE II: As for what you said at the beginning ,you are 100% right , we find ourselves in this situation because we already feel like we are powerful and self sufficient , we neglect the growth of our religion, we sacrifice ourselves and belief to please heretics , we are always at the receiving end yet we still maintain the political correct. We refuse positions where decisions are taken this is why people feel they can crush us and talk anyhow about our faith. Is it because we are not violent? We should all agree on something : wink

I agree. In the Eorope and Americe where the population of Catholics has dwindled seriously, lay Catholics have now realized the use of speaking out and making themselves and their faith seen and heard in public.

In Nigeria, we still allow people to shout us down and we allow officials to use unjust methods to relegate our faith to the background. We think our beliefs should only be allowed a fair chance to flourish in our closet or in our Churches, not in public. We say we are 1.2billion and Jesus will never leave his Church.

We forget that minds are constantly being formed by what they see and hear continually.

Anyway, I'm not advocating that Catholics should be overtly aggressive. I'm saying we should balance up...and for now, we are not balancing up.

We are way too quiet. And I'm talking about individual lay Catholics in general...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 6:32am On Nov 22, 2013
woky: Italo i see u grin

Yea bro, I bn dey type that Epistle of Italo to my brothers and sisters.

I greet o.

I greet everyone. Lovely day ahead. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 6:34am On Nov 22, 2013
woky, you see me too? When will you be able to call me 'brother'? wink

grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:17am On Nov 22, 2013
Enigma: woky, you see me too? When will you be able to call me 'brother'? wink

grin
ngwan Enigma nwannem, Isalachi??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 7:18am On Nov 22, 2013
^^ Morning my brother, I dey kampe! smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chidima: 7:25am On Nov 22, 2013
Sal C: @babestell you just peeped yesterday without saying hi.
These daughters of Mary have been away for some time Chidima, Thersa and Okpurukata.
May the Lord bless and keep you stedfast in his love.

Am here oh. Having issues with my phone. I see the devil tried to sow his seed here. its good we ignored. May God strengthen us today and may we never stop flying to the patronage of so loving a Mother Mary.

God bless us all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:33am On Nov 22, 2013
^^

welcm sis
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:54am On Nov 22, 2013
I greet you all in the name of the lord. @Rich4God, hope your Dad is getting better, may the lord restore his strength. @ Mr. Al, may HE cover you and yours in his wings always. ps 91. May our day be blessed. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2013
In mark 9:50, you commanded us, Dear Lord, to have peace with one another. You also promised in Luke 1:70, to guide our feet into the way of peace. The peace you give is not the type that the world gives.. Let ur peace come now upon our lives, our family and everything that concerns us (even this Forum) in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 7:59am On Nov 22, 2013
Amen, woky.

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 8:01am On Nov 22, 2013
chidima:

Am here oh. Having issues with my phone. I see the devil tried to sow his seed here. its good we ignored. May God strengthen us today and may we never stop flying to the patronage of so loving a Mother Mary.

God bless us all.

The Holy Spirit is always a Spirit of oneness and unity.

Any thing that tries to disrupt unity and/or cause division in family, Church, among friends etc can only be from the devil.

And the devil never sleeps. He can come through other people...but he can also try to sneak into our own very hearts.

May the seed of the devil not take root here and elsewhere in our lives. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:17am On Nov 22, 2013
Perfectly said
italo:
I was trying to say Jesus used different approaches on different occasions. The were times he was silent. There were times he spoke little and gently. A few times he launched a verbal attack. On at least one occasion he even got physical (at the temple).

I think discretion is important. We must always try to keep the right balance. Too much of anything is bad.

I agree. In the Eorope and Americe where the population of Catholics has dwindled seriously, lay Catholics have now realized the use of speaking out and making themselves and their faith seen and heard in public.

In Nigeria, we still allow people to shout us down and we allow officials to use unjust methods to relegate our faith to the background. We think our beliefs should only be allowed a fair chance to flourish in our closet or in our Churches, not in public. We say we are 1.2billion and Jesus will never leave his Church.

We forget that minds are constantly being formed by what they see and hear continually.

Anyway, I'm not advocating that Catholics should be overtly aggressive. I'm saying we should balance up...and for now, we are not balancing up.

We are way too quiet. And I'm talking about individual lay Catholics in general...

Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:18am On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

The Holy Spirit is always a Spirit of oneness and unity.

Any thing that tries to disrupt unity and/or cause division in family, Church, among friends etc can only be from the devil.

And the devil never sleeps. He can come through other people...but he can also try to sneak into our own very hearts.

May the seed of the devil not take root here and elsewhere in our lives. Amen.
Amen, May God help us all
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:19am On Nov 22, 2013
woky: am here o

good mornin every1, hop u guys nyt was awesome
how you doing?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:21am On Nov 22, 2013
chidima:

God bless us all.
welcome sister . Don't mind the devils, heretics, they are on mission but they will woefully fail ,God protects us .
Once again welcome
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:22am On Nov 22, 2013
woky: In mark 9:50, you commanded us, Dear Lord, to have peace with one another. You also promised in Luke 1:70, to guide our feet into the way of peace. The peace you give is not the type that the world gives.. Let ur peace come now upon our lives, our family and everything that concerns us (even this Forum) in Jesus name, Amen.
Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 9:02am On Nov 22, 2013
POPE II: how you doing?
am doing Great!!

U?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 9:23am On Nov 22, 2013
woky: am doing Great!!

U?
Pretty good my brother, looking for a thread where I can knock some heretic heads

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.