Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517037 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2019
Mickey02:
something happened in my parish that kept me thinking and wondering as well. During 1st Friday adoration, after station of the cross and the Holy mass, I saw the Catechist bringing the Blessed Sacrament (Monstrance) from the adoration chapel to the sanctuary. And i wondered why would the priest let or asked the Catechist to bring the Blessed Sacrament, I thought is a function to be done by the priest alone or bishop but i'm surprised that the Catechist, not even a Deacon or seminarian, just did it. As my fellow catholic, i don't know if this is right or sorry. pls solve the puzzle and confusion running through my mind?
The bishop of a diocese can decide to give the authority for such to take place. Just same way you find Eucharistic minister in some diocese. So it all boils down to the bishop.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2019
Happy Palm Sunday in advance brethren...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamxin(m): 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2019
Happy Palm sunday to my my people

Palm Sunday is known as such because the faithful will often receive palm fronds which they use to participate in the reenactment of Christ's arrival in Jerusalem. In the Gospels, Jesus entered Jerusalem riding a young donkey, and to the lavish praise of the townspeople who threw clothes, or possibly palms or small branches, in front of him as a sign of homage. This was a customary practice for people of great respect.

Palm branches are widely recognized symbol of peace and victory, hence their preferred use on Palm Sunday.

The use of a donkey instead of a horse is highly symbolic, it represents the humble arrival of someone in peace, as opposed to arriving on a steed in war.

A week later, Christ would rise from the dead on the first Easter.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mickey02(m): 3:37am On Apr 15, 2019
Rich4god:
The bishop of a diocese can decide to give the authority for such to take place. Just same way you find Eucharistic minister in some diocese. So it all boils down to the bishop.

Okay thanks for your response. I wished others could have chip in sth
Thanks anyway
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:35am On Apr 19, 2019
O COME and mourn with me awhile,. See, Mary calls us to her side;. O come and let us mourn with her: Jesus, our Love, is crucified!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 7:57am On Apr 19, 2019
Mickey02:
something happened in my parish that kept me thinking and wondering as well. During 1st Friday adoration, after station of the cross and the Holy mass, I saw the Catechist bringing the Blessed Sacrament (Monstrance) from the adoration chapel to the sanctuary. And i wondered why would the priest let or asked the Catechist to bring the Blessed Sacrament, I thought is a function to be done by the priest alone or bishop but i'm surprised that the Catechist, not even a Deacon or seminarian, just did it. As my fellow catholic, i don't know if this is right or sorry. pls solve the puzzle and confusion running through my mind?
that is a bit weird.

I know of Eucharistic ministers but this is the first time I am hearing of any body carrying a monstrance with the host inside and yet not a priest.

Ministers of holy communion are usually not permitted to officiate a benediction or carry a monstrance, canon law does not give them that duty, their job ends at distribution of communion.

Ask your priest if it disturbs you but I think it is strange
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mickey02(m): 12:49am On Apr 21, 2019
Ubenedictus:
that is a bit weird.

I know of Eucharistic ministers but this is the first time I am hearing of any body carrying a monstrance with the host inside and yet not a priest.

Ministers of holy communion are usually not permitted to officiate a benediction or carry a monstrance, canon law does not give them that duty, their job ends at distribution of communion.

Ask your priest if it disturbs you but I think it is strange

Its okay kiss
But strange as you said. It's no longer disturb me since I've understand the mystery behind it. The catechist must have been an Eucharistic minister to be able to carry the monstrance for exposition only. Thanks for your help anyway �
Re: A Thread For Catholics by johnmba: 1:29am On Apr 21, 2019
We need to pray more for our priests. The devil is seriously fighting to distract them from their calling. Its paining me.

Mother pray for your sons priests and protect them from sin. They are humans with human frailties. Keep them to your son always ...Amen

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
johnmba:
We need to pray more for our priests. The devil is seriously fighting to distract them from their calling. Its paining me.

Mother pray for your sons priests and protect them from sin. They are humans with human frailties. Keep them to your son always ...Amen
amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mickey02(m): 5:36am On Apr 24, 2019
johnmba:

This prayer touch me. Amen

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by losky83: 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2019
MrAladin:
This Thread is for Catholics Nairaland and all interested to enjoy a
chat with one another. It is simply a place where
Catholics can meet with each other daily,
leave Bible verses of encouragement,
motivational talks, leave prayer
requests,offer prayers, provide a listening
ear to each other, provide comfort, care
for one another, talk about issues of
concern and interest, share knowledge,
provide love, spiritual and moral support and Also Post some Interesting Things About The Catholic church.
U can also Ask Any Question you have.
thanku for this medium with which I want to ask an important question. the religious problems Nigeria is having today is due to one religion not respecting the other.so far,the Muslims are trying by respecting the Christians and a part of the christians are respecting the Muslims but I do not see the other part of the christians(catholics),showing respect to muslims.my question now.why are national Muslim holidays not honoured by the catholic secondary,primary and nursery schools,especially those on brooks street,uyo,akwa ibom state?I feel this lack of respect and honour is not good for Nigeria.it does not change u as a catholic,christian,Muslim if u show respect for the other religion.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by ObinnaT: 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
I've missed you guys. Salc, Italo, Jnrbayano, Kamsi, MariaAssumpta, Rich4god etc. I can't remember some names

Yours Sincerely,
Last born

After Rich4God. �

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by ObinnaT: 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2019
...and Ubenedictus. Kai. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
ObinnaT:
...and Ubenedictus. Kai. grin
what I Do?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
ObinnaT:
I've missed you guys. Salc, Italo, Jnrbayano, Kamsi, MariaAssumpta, Rich4god etc. I can't remember some names

Yours Sincerely,
Last born

After Rich4God. �
greetings... Hope you are doing great.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
ObinnaT:

Yours Sincerely,
Last born

After Rich4God. �

Missed you too bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nobody here remembered my birthday today

undecided
Re: A Thread For Catholics by ObinnaT: 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
Ubenedictus:
what I Do?

I have missed you. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by ObinnaT: 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2019
Rich4god:
greetings... Hope you are doing great.

Yeah!
jnrbayano:

Missed you too bro

You remember who this is?
jnrbayano:

undecided

Happy belated birthday.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
ObinnaT:

You remember who this is?

Francis? Kiddablings?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
ObinnaT:

Happy belated birthday.

Thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by ObinnaT: 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2019
jnrbayano:

Francis? Kiddablings?

Kinda? angry

Francis wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 12:05am On Jul 21, 2019
ObinnaT:

I have missed you. grin
na me miss you pass.

Abeg I need prayers... Please pray for me
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:56am On Jul 21, 2019
ObinnaT:

Kinda? angry

Francis wink

smiley

How have you been dear?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by ObinnaT: 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2019
Ubenedictus:
na me miss you pass.

Abeg I need prayers... Please pray for me

Lool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by ObinnaT: 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2019
jnrbayano:

smiley

How have you been dear?

Great. cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2019
ObinnaT:

Yours Sincerely,
Last born

After Rich4God. �

Welcome back dear. How are you holding up?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2019
jnrbayano:

undecided
Ehya
Belated shout out to our own jnrbayano. Best wishes from here.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
SalC:

Ehya
Belated shout out to our own jnrbayano. Best wishes from here.

Thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by ObinnaT: 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
SalC:

Welcome back dear. How are you holding up?

Great. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.