Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) (36797 Views)

5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Anyi3(m): 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
I remember the first time I entered Federal Polytechnic Nekede (I know its not a university) but mehn mehn mehn I was shocked...
The class settings looked like where poultry ought to be kept.
Blocks and steel posts constructed to uphold zinc roofs.

Just saw pics of my old school, FUTO....LOL OP why you de embarrass my school na..

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
Solution to Assu Strike: Govt should remove thier hand from the Education sector let the universities run by themselves or privatized. The money you will give Assu give students as loan to go to these universities, you can calculate how much the student parent's can afford then give loan for the remainder, the one that is smart u give them scholarship. Students will pay back when they find a job in their field, and you can setup an installment plan depending on their income. The only thing Govt should do is regulate the school fees and give money to schools that does research...that's all. ASUU will dissolve. The professor/lecture will only have to sign Contract with university they will only have problem with the university if they are not paid. Universities can lay off lecturers if they cannot afford. I promise you within 10 years, two universities in Nigeria will enter ranking and compete with Western Universities.

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by U09ce: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
Some of our unis are nothing but glorified secondary schools.How can we compare ourselves with foreign ones(plus the likes of Ghana).I finished primary school, I never sat on the floor to receive lessons. So also my secondary school.But I can remember vividly my First lecture in the uni, I sat on the staircase for the first time to receive lecs.Sometimes, students seat under the lecturer's desk; with just few inches btw themselves and the lectrr.Are we going to continue like this fellow compatriots with such deplorable state of educational infrastructure? For me, thats why am solidly behind these ASUU guys;they shld continue the struggle until victory is achieved.Just for a nation to dedicate a 1/4 of its budget to education is becoming wahala! The last time they spent a trillion naira on security, did we see any difference.of course we didnt.May God help us.

6 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by gonzaga: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
And yet, some people would have the obscene temerity to compare the product from this squalid conditions with those from private universities.

How can the product of these dustbins, when they get to leadership positions appreciate the need for functioning infrastructure?

3 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by mooregan(m): 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
And we'll blame govt for everything. What happens to d school management? Nobody blames dem? Do u have to wait for govt to come n paint ur schools?? Will govt provide bunks for hostels?? What happens to d money d school charges for hostel? What is it used for?? What of all d revenues d schools generate? D pocket it n still wait for d govt to come n maintain d school for dem?? When una blame Govt, blame school management too. Must u wait for ur landlord to come n change ur spoilt light bulb?

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by feezy(m): 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Am happy people would now know what FUTO workshop 3 looks like a place where future engineers receive lectures
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by dammygoody(m): 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Sagamite(m): 10:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
MY GOD!!!

AHHHHHHHH!

Thank you o, GREAT Britain!

Won fe ba aiye mi je. (Dem wan ruin my life)!
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
In my dept in unical, we are 200+ but seats are less than 40 occupants. If you dont come on time, sorry you've to stand, place ur book on someone's back and write throughout the day. Smh!. Only in naija.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
U09ce: Some of our unis are nothing but glorified secondary schools.How can we compare ourselves with foreign ones(plus the likes of Ghana).I finished primary school, I never sat on the floor to receive lessons. So also my secondary school.But I can remember vividly my First lecture in the uni, I sat on the staircase for the first time to receive lecs.Sometimes, students seat under the lecturer's desk; with just few inches btw themselves and the lectrr.Are we going to continue like this fellow compatriots with such deplorable state of educational infrastructure? For me, thats why am solidly behind these ASUU guys;they shld continue the struggle until victory is achieved.Just for a nation to dedicate a 1/4 of its budget to education is becoming wahala! The last time they spent a trillion naira on security, did we see any difference.of course we didnt.May God help us.

My guy u don suffer cry
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by feezy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
The pictures are predominantly Futo op wassup na we know say e bad allow us save face small na
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by 1009ja: 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
Where are the youths of this country?
Why should you allow these fools to continue
to steal your future? In a few weeks (or months),
cash will exchange hands, ASUU will call off strike,
and you will go back to this.
In the meantime, the fools will continue to loot
your resources. Your future is in your hands.

3 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Theben(m): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
Fuelish:
hahahahahaha ............ no wonder grin
Ediot. I'm not even sure you're a graduate. So I won't be bothered by your jibes.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
Emmysteve: Pls like my post. Thanx

You well so? Wetin you wan carry 'LIKE' do?
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Appliedmaths(m): 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
infoscope:
I understand that there better facilities and infrastructures in these schools than those depicted, but we shouldn't be be comfortable with the little we get. we deserve much more. I schooled in FUTO and throughout my Chemistry practicals i never used the bunsen burner, students had to buy kerosene for stove whenever we had practicals.... This is a university we are talking about, a citadel of learning.

I was about saying that my guy, the labs needs upgrade but also I learnt that the FG releases some funds annually for these purpose yet we don't see any change. ASUU has a lot questions to answer.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by pri3stess(f): 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
Joe_self: Chaiii.....OMG...Thank God say na Havard University i dey study....FACULTY OF LAW....DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SCIENCE!!!
Taaa who dash you Harvard?
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by leofab(f): 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
Usbeel: Ah guess Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University(ATBU) and Bauchi State University Gadau(BASUG) are not among this
humans are ridiculous, what of the these pictures, are they from Toronto University, Berlin, China? {Lol} Lets tell ourselves the truth, we know what ASUU can do. If these structures are these bad, are we blaming GEJ too for these schools passing NUC accreditions?
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by infoscope(m): 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
Check out this other thread for the decay in FUTO specifically https://www.nairaland.com/1064744/low-level-infrastructure-futo-pictures
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by pseudonomer: 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
ikp4succes: Solution to Assu Strike: Govt should remove thier hand from the Education sector let the universities run by themselves or privatized. The money you will give Assu give students as loan to go to these universities, you can calculate how much the student parent's can afford then give loan for the remainder, the one that is smart u give them scholarship. Students will pay back when they find a job in their field, and you can setup an installment plan depending on their income. The only thing Govt should do is regulate the school fees and give money to schools that does research...that's all. ASUU will dissolve. The professor/lecture will only have to sign Contract with university they will only have problem with the university if they are not paid. Universities can lay off lecturers if they cannot afford. I promise you within 10 years, two universities in Nigeria will enter ranking and compete with Western Universities.

How do you plan to pay the loan back? You think the high rate of unemployment stuff is ɑ sort of Akpos Joke? SMH...

5 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Theben(m): 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
My alma mata (the best Nigerian uni) is far better than most african uni. And I'm talking about the university of benin here.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Davidolives(m): 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
chidindufrank: Photoshop. Quote and bend
do u even know wat is called photoshop? Smh

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
pseudonomer:

How do you plan to pay the loan back? You think the high rate of unemployment stuff is ɑ sort of Akpos Joke? SMH...

its better to give the students the money than for it to be with ASUU becos they will misuse and be back after 5 months with anoda strike, this is a long term solution. Giving the students as loan sounds better than giving them free. The govt will not force the student to pay back until they find a job and arrange an installment plan for like 30 years.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by opylas(m): 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
django1: FUTA get hope grin

Na true o, dz pics weyn I dey c ehhnnn. U b FUTArian?
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by chetachuma(m): 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
this is very sad
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by asamaigho(m): 10:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
Jarus: Meanwhile, some of those thinga are actually fun, especially the hostels part.

hall4 beanz, living in by the hostel was no different from a prison cell, up unibest
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by hero10(m): 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
larride: There ain't any deplorable buildings at UNIOSUN (Okuku campus). I rep Uniosun.
i also rep Osun State University... Okuku campus
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by ennecco: 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ohhh my God what can of university is this. my elementry school is even more better than this so call university ohhh my president do some thing please
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by pseudonomer: 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
ikp4succes:

its better to give the students the money than for it to be with ASUU becos they will misuse and be back after 5 months with anoda strike, this is a long term solution. Giving the students as loan sounds better than giving them free. The govt will not force the student to pay back until they find a job and arrange an installment plan for like 30 years.

The FG ain't funding ASUU, the FG is funding the university. And let me be frank with you, the loan of ɑ thing will not work here in Nigeria... Because majority will not pay back...
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
I thank God for my school! Beta by far. Unilorin is nothing close to this slum
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sagamite: MY GOD!!!

AHHHHHHHH!

Don't forget to thank your parents as well.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
opylas:
Na true o, dz pics weyn I dey c ehhnnn. U b FUTArian?

Ex-futarian

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Jarus(m): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sagamite: MY GOD!!!

AHHHHHHHH!

Bad boi grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University / My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt / Abiodun Alao Lectures At King’s College University Of London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.