Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price (33759 Views)

How My Stepsister And Her Husband Tricked Me And Took Egg From My Ovaries / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? / I Urgently Need Ur Advice On My Husband And His Ex-girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by moviedoor7: 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
Na this kain thing dey make person kill person ooo.

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by kzokul(m): 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
If na me I go must collect d money back abi she don kolo ni........
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Imoobot(m): 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
Nollywood things!
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Abujafood: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sometimes it's better not to share your problems with others. They'll worsen it with their senseless criticism imagine calling him a mumu for something that can happen to anybody! All ye wise Nairalanders continue with your arrogance.

@OP

My take on it is she'll get rewarded in full forget the money years down the line she'll curse herself for being so wicked! Move on!

4 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by WildChild00(m): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Na be only nollywood things, bollywood, all join....cheesy cheesy
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Omooba224: 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ladies sha
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by emcaluv(m): 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
Tell your friend to forget about the money. He should thank God that he did not settle down with the girl. She's not worth the stress. Your guy is bigger than 200k. Let him see it as a sacrifice. Rejoice man.

3 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Bluediamond1(f): 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
This is bad,real bad.
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by houstonia(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
Una funny sha o, who talk sey the miserable girl strong? For just 200k? She received remember he gave and there is probably a lot more from where that came. Except he falls again. I really don't believe in the theory that girls can actually eat a guys money, after all wetin rat fit chop for bag of rice no go pass one or two cops.

3 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by oliviastacey(f): 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
smh
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
However, i want to look at it from another angle. I see some "what ifs" in this relationship.

What if it was the guy who first scammed this lady in one way or the other before, i meant before their first separation and the lady has been looking for a way to revenge?

What if it was the guy who first broke this lady's heart in a very hard way and the lady thinks this is the best way for her to pay him back in his coin?
Many what ifs...............

Since we are not able to hear from the lady's mouth her reason for her action and also we dont know what really transpired between the two of them, i think its better to tread carefully when judging the lady.

Babe what are you saying?
'What if' dey dis kind matter?
This is the height of it, she used my money in marrying another guy, meaning the guy is a broke a$$ and am better than him,
I go hurt that girl so well cos i go like look her face ask why?

LAST BULLET: I fell cos i still loved her.

Wait First
FINAL BULLET: if it was your brother would you ask what if?

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
Tell your friend to take heart,a lady also duped me of 1500naira last week wednesday and i'v gotten over it......

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by coogar: 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
Amhappy: Wonders they say shall never end.
A colleague of mine told me his story yesterday.
He dated this girl for 7yrs,starting from senior sec school. During his service year they had a serious quarrel and broke up. Both families were involved.Cause of quarrel, the lady's fam accused him of being the reason while their daughter was not serious in sch,he is already through with school and serving,She dropped out (was doing her HND). This guy walked away.

2yrs later girl reappeared and pleaded for them to start over again. He gave in since he still loves her and also got an affirmative from his mum. His mum loves this babe and wanted her as a Daughter in law

September last year(like 2months later) the girl visited him,said she got admission in a nursing sch and need like N200,000 for school fees,accommodation etc. My colleague just came back from offshore and is loaded,he spits it.

A month later he got a call that the lady's bride price has been paid. He calls her and she denies then suddenly out of reach. He call tire. He later got a lot of calls from his cousins at villa to confirm her traditional and wedding.

Months later the girl called and said she's sorry but needed the cash for her traditional marriage.

The guy wanted to ask for repay but didn't so as not to go against his mum's advice.

Personally i think he should collect his money back. What's ur take?

why should he collect the money back? he gave the money to her as a gift. was it a loan? did he lend her the money? only in those circumstances should he seek the refund.....but if it was a gift, he should just take it in his stride & move on.

he's a man - men don't moan!
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by bigtt76(f): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hopefully her husband would do same to her too and marry another woman right under her nose. #ewu
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Shout-out to the Maga of the year -- OBAGO! grin
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by cooljr(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] But guys wey dull like that still dy exist??.. Even if its too much money.. Guy, u too dull abeg
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
Op is she FAT?
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
ur friend na first class mugu,tell him to come and collect his certificate tomorow,convocation starts early tomorow.

2 Likes

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Soferkizzy007: 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
They are eventually gonna break up again...LIKE IF U AGREE WITH ME**
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
Teebest82: Tell your friend to take heart,a lady also duped me of 1500naira last week wednesday and i'v gotten over it......
u be COW my broda,real COW.
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by coogar: 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
El Guapo: Shout-out to the Maga of the year -- OBAGO! grin

the truth is - the N200k might mean nothing to the boy. the OP is crying more than the bereaved!

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by CODEEATER(m): 5:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
Girls r evil.....
Don't trust any one...NON...they r worse than Lucifer himself...
Especially exs...
D guy has learnt his lesson, next time if e c woman e go run...
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2013
besides i am the lady's husband,we were to raise #870,000 for the wedding,but could only come up with #670k,so we went to our senior pastor for advice and guidance,so as you can see for urselves,this was the outcome,so my question is,HAVE WE COMMITED ANY OFFENCE?
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
coogar:

the truth is - the N200k might mean nothing to the boy. the OP is crying more than the bereaved!

I sure thought of that, but man if the story is something to go by then we've got a Classified A ninny around cheesy
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
he got off easy if u ask me,let him just walk away
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by 76Naira(m): 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
"she needed 200k from her ex for her traditional wedding"

Sounds like a girl and money he should quickly forget about. The fact that she had the presence of mind to purloin 200k in such a circumstance possibly indicates her predisposition to debauchery!

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by Orokita(m): 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
The best thing ur friend can do right now is "walk away", the process of getting back the money will only make things worse. Tell him to play the fool. Nemesis has a funny way of repaying folks! She'll surely get her reward!!! Looking on the bright side; she wasn't good enof for ur friend!!!
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by dabrake(m): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2013
greatgod2012: I do not and will never support what the lady did to the guy, infact, its very bad and should not be encouraged at all.

However, i want to look at it from another angle. I see some "what ifs" in this relationship.

What if it was the guy who first scammed this lady in one way or the other before, i meant before their first separation and the lady has been looking for a way to revenge?

What if it was the guy who first broke this lady's heart in a very hard way and the lady thinks this is the best way for her to pay him back in his coin?
Many what ifs...............

Since we are not able to hear from the lady's mouth her reason for her action and also we dont know what really transpired between the two of them, i think its better to tread carefully when judging the lady.

Once again, i do not support her action, but its only God who sees what is hidden.

May God help us all.

Coming from you, I am surprised.

Had it been someone like freecocoa, I for bone but you?
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by otokx(m): 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
The guy fall hand.
Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by dabrake(m): 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
life_style: After God, I fear women...
After satan, hate women.

1 Like

Re: His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price by GENTLETEE(m): 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
Smart bitch! The guy should move on. Am sure the girl wanted a payback which she successfully got. I doubt the foundation of such marriage though. Guys should learn seriously from this dude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anja Ringgren-Loven Helps More Nigerian Children (Photos) / Missing University Of Abuja Student, Halima, Found / Lady Narrates How Her Friend's Husband Buys Things From Side Chick For Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.